World war III next week

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
What is this 4 part DC mini series coming out next week?

and wasn't there already a world war
III in dc?

Devil Lance
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
What is this 4 part DC mini series coming out next week?

and wasn't there already a world war
III in dc?

1. Pissed Off Black Adam vs the world
2. The was a story arc in JLA called WW3 but it was never called WW# by any of the characters in the story.

WrathfulDwarf
Everything is set in place.

I'm having a little of confusion here...should I read next week's 52 first OR read WWIII first and then 52....hmm...

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
I think it's all leading to Darkseid, The religion of crime. Apokolips, 4 horsemen etc. should be good.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Everything is set in place.

I'm having a little of confusion here...should I read next week's 52 first OR read WWIII first and then 52....hmm...

52 #50 is the main fight you could read this and know the basic outcome of the war

the four one shots deal with how the various people across the DCu deal with the war like the Teen Titans and Firestorm for example

Devil Lance
wow look at the cover to 52 #50

pr1983
so if i want to read as much of world war 3 as possible, what do i need to read?

WorldWarHulk
I hope to golly goodness he beats up Superman.

pr1983
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
I hope to golly goodness he beats up Superman.

why?

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by pr1983
why? Because he's fighting the entire world, pissed off, and it would make no sense for him not to fight Superman.
Also, the way Superman is currently written...
Black Adam beating him would make him essentially a god.

pr1983
Because he's fighting the entire world, pissed off, and it would make no sense for him not to fight Superman.
Also, the way Superman is currently written...
Black Adam beating him would make him essentially a god.

no expression whatever you're into i guess...

WorldWarHulk
no expression whatever you're into i guess... Beastiality...
run with it... no expression

Validus
Except Superman was powerless during the 52 time period.
Originally posted by Devil Lance
wow look at the cover to 52 #50
JG Jones. You had me at hello. love

CasanoVa
I miss the days when World Wars were fought with guns, bombs and planes sad

pr1983
Beastiality...
run with it... no expression

No. no expression

go to the 9/11 thread... i'm sure you could do it there...

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by Validus
Except Superman was powerless during the 52 time period.
F*dge!
no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CasanoVa
I miss the days when World Wars were fought with guns, bombs and planes sad

I miss the days when World Wars were fought over 30 hectares (we didn't know how big the world was back then) with sticks, stones and infinite amounts of psychic power.

Devil Lance
so if i want to read as much of world war 3 as possible, what do i need to read?

WW3=
52 #50

WW3- A Call to Arms

WW3- The Valiant

WW3- Hell is for Heroes

WW3- United We Stand

pr1983
WW3=
52 #50

WW3- A Call to Arms

WW3- The Valiant

WW3- Hell is for Heroes

WW3- United We Stand

just those 5? ok, thx...

OB1-adobe
If 52 is part of world war III, and world war III is suppose to set off countdown.

Does that mean countdown is set during the One year later. Cuz after the final issue of 52 its officially one year later after Crisis so technically one year later ended a year ago so...........I don't know where I am..........................................................................................................The room is spinning...........................................................................I need to sit down sick

Devil Lance
If 52 is part of world war III, and world war III is suppose to set off countdown.

Does that mean countdown is set during the One year later. Cuz after the final issue of 52 its officially one year later after Crisis so technically one year later ended a year ago so...........I don't know where I am..........................................................................................................The room is spinning...........................................................................I need to sit down sick

52, WW3= the missing year

Countdown= regular DCU time

Deathstroke
Yeah, what he said. ^

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I was under the impression that Countdown starts right after 52 ends but is happening in present mainstream continuity.

no countdown begins a bit after 52 wink

Deathstroke
I meant the issue comes out the week after issue #52 of 52, but the story takes place now.

Deathstroke
My internet is exploding.

Validus
no countdown begins a bit after 52 wink
That can't be true. Countdown is supposed to crossover into regular DCU titles. It would basically mean that all the comics we've seen since IC ended took place in under a week.

Deathstroke
The week after 52 #52 comes out Countdown #51 comes out.

Devil Lance
That can't be true. Countdown is supposed to crossover into regular DCU titles. It would basically mean that all the comics we've seen since IC ended took place in under a week.

a bit meaning a couple months after 52i n DCU time basically right after the Ion series ended imo

OB1-adobe
I kinda flipped through world war 3, havn't really read it yet.

So far it looks kinda jumpled, just a lot of stuff, not actual story

Badabing
I like WW III.

jasonk3
Me too

DigiMark007
Hmm. I haven't been following 52 at all, but this seems like it might be worth picking up. It looked like a JSA role call on the #50 cover, which is a good thing in my book.

King_Mungi
NOOOOOO! Young Frankenstein..oh wait!, he will be back and this was his first apperance, sucks for him.

Badabing
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hmm. I haven't been following 52 at all, but this seems like it might be worth picking up. It looked like a JSA role call on the #50 cover, which is a good thing in my book. Week 50 is worth picking up just to see Black Adam go beserk.

outavodka
Originally posted by Badabing
Week 50 is worth picking up just to see Black Adam go beserk. Holy shit good reason to buy insteada dwnload.

DigiMark007
If he punks the JSA alone, I'm going to be angry. Alan alone should be a match for him.

Grimm22
GOD DAMNIT! mad

My god damn shop didn't pick up ANY of the WWIII stuff this week and no 52 miffed

Please, somebody post some scans sad

I have to wait a week for my shop to get them and I don't know if I can last that long

Juntai
If he punks the JSA alone, I'm going to be angry. Alan alone should be a match for him. You're going to be very angry.

Mider999
i dont get it what power up does black adam have that makes him a threat to dc earth.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mider999
i dont get it what power up does black adam have that makes him a threat to dc earth. None noted, he's just pissed and not holding back anymore.

Soljer
If he punks the JSA alone, I'm going to be angry. Alan alone should be a match for him.

I think it's funny....whenever there are events like this, the green lanterns in the bunch always try to punch it out, or dive bomb, or something that they REALLY shouldn't be doing...

laughing.

Blair Wind

Thats like his morning exercise no expression

Golden Shower
With the exception of the issue from the actual 52 comic series, the whole thing was a total let down. It amounted to nothing more than Jonn Jonnzz being Emo for 4 issues.

Can someone explain to me why Green Lanterns are incapable of fighting characters with Superman power-sets ?

And why doesn't Jakeem ever bother to do anything with the Thunderbolt. The best thing I've seen him do was punking Mordru during the Dark Prince saga. smile

Estacado
Do you guys have Cdisplay?

D-Block
Originally posted by Juntai
None noted, he's just pissed and not holding back anymore.

Did he get Isis powers when she died?

ankur29
Originally posted by D-Block
Did he get Isis powers when she died?

i read that somewhere aswell, not sure where from though sad

Validus
It was mentioned the book that Teth had the power of 7 Gods. His normal 6 Egyptian Gods plus Isis would make 7.

Originally posted by Soljer
I think it's funny....whenever there are events like this, the green lanterns in the bunch always try to punch it out, or dive bomb, or something that they REALLY shouldn't be doing...

laughing.
At this point Guy and John are pretty much fodder in any appearance outside of a GL book.

Alan wasn't doing much of anything.

grey fox
Originally posted by Golden Shower
It amounted to nothing more than Jonn Jonnzz being Emo for 4 issues.

More Emo then Batman ?

Validus
Batman wasn't emo. He was just a douche.

pr1983
I really didn't like it that much to be honest... as, well, i'm not saying his name, but as he said, it was basically four issues of j'onn finding himself... i expected better from dc... i hope the countdown is an improvement...

Juntai
What, were people expecting this to be a new Kingdom Come or something?

52 has been superb, it was good as an idea, it turned out well in execution.
As a one day event tie in to 52, feeling they couldn't fit it into one book...WW3 was awesome.

willRules
What, were people expecting this to be a new Kingdom Come or something?

52 has been superb, it was good as an idea, it turned out well in execution.
As a one day event tie in to 52, feeling they couldn't fit it into one book...WW3 was awesome.

I respectfully disagree. I am a Marvel fan. I'm ashamed to admit it. The majority of comics I buy is Marvel and I'd rather most Marvel characters could beat most DC ones (Although I know that it would generally be the other way round) I don't hate DC, in fact I enjoy a lot of Batman and Nightwing stuff and I'm starting to get into the latest Justice League of America stuff. I try not to be so bias and enjoy DC more than I did. 52 has really helped with this, I loved it and thought it was fantastic.

However I felt ww3 was awful. It felt very anticlimactic and the I wasn't as emotionally invested in the characters as I'd thought I'd be. Martian Manhunter seemed to be like one huge big plot device instead of having a narrator. The fight seemed to be very much every character piling on Black Adam and jobbing to him. It didn't seem like a fight as a mass of bodies flying around left right and centre.

I loved 52 but I felt ww3 was a bit ott and seemed very un-52 like, were there different writers on the project to the writers of 52?

Juntai
Originally posted by willRules
I respectfully disagree. I am a Marvel fan. I'm ashamed to admit it. The majority of comics I buy is Marvel and I'd rather most Marvel characters could beat most DC ones (Although I know that it would generally be the other way round) I don't hate DC, in fact I enjoy a lot of Batman and Nightwing stuff and I'm starting to get into the latest Justice League of America stuff. I try not to be so bias and enjoy DC more than I did. 52 has really helped with this, I loved it and thought it was fantastic.

However I felt ww3 was awful. It felt very anticlimactic and the I wasn't as emotionally invested in the characters as I'd thought I'd be. Martian Manhunter seemed to be like one huge big plot device instead of having a narrator. The fight seemed to be very much every character piling on Black Adam and jobbing to him. It didn't seem like a fight as a mass of bodies flying around left right and centre.

I loved 52 but I felt ww3 was a bit ott and seemed very un-52 like, were there different writers on the project to the writers of 52? It was a mad god lashing out at a world, why would it be anything other than a disorganized fight? They didn't really have time to get together. If they stopped to develope a plan, another few million would die. They had to keep pounding him to keep him busy.

I didn't see it as jobbing either. That is how pretty much every fight with Black Adam has gone. He usually beats all -- regardless of who it is -- until he gets plot deviced.

The only person we've really seen able to tangle with him is Superman. And we didn't get to see a conclusion to that one really.

If you collected WW3 and 52, wouldn't you know who the writers are?

WrathfulDwarf
Worst thing BA could have in WWIII was to break down crying and say "we're fighting each other"

Now that would have been huge let down.

Juntai
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Worst thing BA could have in WWIII was to break down crying and say "we're fighting each other"

Now that would have been huge let down. laughing

willRules
It was a mad god lashing out at a world, why would it be anything other than a disorganized fight? They didn't really have time to get together. If they stopped to develope a plan, another few million would die. They had to keep pounding him to keep him busy.

I didn't see it as jobbing either. That is how pretty much every fight with Black Adam has gone. He usually beats all -- regardless of who it is -- until he gets plot deviced.

The only person we've really seen able to tangle with him is Superman. And we didn't get to see a conclusion to that one really.

Ok wow sorry I didn't like it, I didn't expect a backlash embarrasment I just felt it was a bit too focused on squeezing in tie ups to one year later and I didn't like that. I'm not trying to bash it, I just felt it had a lot to live up to when compared to 52 and it didn't do that for me yes

I didn't check who the writers were embarrasment

Oh and by the way Civil War > Infinite Crisis IMO and I loved Infinite Crisis stick out tongue

UniOmni
It was a mad god lashing out at a world, why would it be anything other than a disorganized fight? They didn't really have time to get together. If they stopped to develope a plan, another few million would die. They had to keep pounding him to keep him busy.

Billy has always stalemated BA whenever they fight.

So, it's not Superman alone who can match him.

I didn't see WW3 as jobbing either.

GL's are great in potential, but the brickset almost always beats the exotic set in comics, unless there's an easily exploitable weakness, ala Superman or Hulk.

BA doesn't have an energy signal that screams drain me.

He's just fast, strong and durable.

Plus he's been getting a major push for the past few years, beating on the JSA, and even not holding back for fear from Spectre.

Dude is top deck.

I really hope they collect WW3 into a trade, and fast.

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Billy has always stalemated BA whenever they fight.

So, it's not Superman alone who can match him.

I didn't see WW3 as jobbing either.

GL's are great in potential, but the brickset almost always beats the exotic set in comics, unless there's an easily exploitable weakness, ala Superman or Hulk.

BA doesn't have an energy signal that screams drain me.

He's just fast, strong and durable.

Plus he's been getting a major push for the past few years, beating on the JSA, and even not holding back for fear from Spectre.

Dude is top deck.

I really hope they collect WW3 into a trade, and fast. Black Adam has seemed to have the upper hand on Billy for the last few years now, since the start of the last JSA series. Even Superman commented during the Crisis during their scuffle that Black Adam was more powerful than Billy.

ankur29
can someone scan up some of the fights and post in the BA respect thread ,i'm sure there are some cool BA feats in this issue

UniOmni
Black Adam has seemed to have the upper hand on Billy for the last few years now, since the start of the last JSA series. Even Superman commented during the Crisis during their scuffle that Black Adam was more powerful than Billy.

Don't see it.

Even the last time they fought, when Adam and Co had taken over Kahndaq, and Billy and the JSA went to invade, Billy had him down.

Billy and Teth are like Superman and Zod.

Virtual equals always, but one is meaner, and less likely to hold back.

They've always been equals, but Teth is less likely to hold back.

Validus
Didn't Zod break his neck on Superman's ass?

willRules
laughing what?

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Don't see it.

Even the last time they fought, when Adam and Co had taken over Kahndaq, and Billy and the JSA went to invade, Billy had him down.

Billy and Teth are like Superman and Zod.

Virtual equals always, but one is meaner, and less likely to hold back.

They've always been equals, but Teth is less likely to hold back. Actually, last time they collided was around the Crisis time in the Black Vengeance arc... The JSA came to his country, Black Adam was beasting them, CM hit him from behind, BA grabbed him and handled him too, then Powergirl blindsides him next, and then he beasted her too.

In another fight, he beats up Captain Marvel, and at the end of the fight, CM turns into Bill Batson and BA knocks him out.

In another fight, when Black Adam was having at it with Adam Smasher, the entire JSA, and Captain Marvel pretty much got their asses kicked all at once.

Doesn't seem terribly equal to me, when CM needs like 8 other guys and still can't keep BA down.

If Captain Marvel could have simply wrestled Black Adam to a stalemate then WW3 wouldn't have went down like it did.

Juntai
Didn't Zod break his neck on Superman's ass? The clone one, yea'.

Validus
Originally posted by willRules
laughing what?
I believe he was flying towards Superman at a high speed, suddenly lost his powers for some reason and then broke his neck colliding with Kal's buns of steel.

haermm

Juntai
I believe he was flying towards Superman at a high speed, suddenly lost his powers for some reason and then broke his neck colliding with Kal's buns of steel.

haermm Because the sun changed! He was powered by the opposite sun as Kal.

Validus
CM and BA are equals. BA is just a better fighter and more ruthless. Right now BA is just making up for all that embarrassment from the Power of Shazam series. God damn, he was a goof back then. ermmnone

Juntai
You guys been reading the new Shazam maxi?
I don't know what to think about it, it's really messed up.

Juntai
CM and BA are equals. BA is just a better fighter and more ruthless. Right now BA is just making up for all that embarrassment from the Power of Shazam series. God damn, he was a goof back then. ermmnone I know they're meant to be in the same league, but when one guy keeps coming up with the upperhand, even when his 'equal' has the help of one of the greatest superteams of all time, then it doesn't seem to be equal at all. Black Adam has been consistantly more impressive for a long time now, and Billy just hasn't seemed up to the task of keeping him in check like old times.

Big Sexy
Didn't Zod break his neck on Superman's ass? Which Zod? Aren't we on Zod incarnation # 20 right now. I have never seen someone retconned so many times in my life.

Validus
Inverse Ninja Law

A BA Vs JSA fight that happens to include Billy isn't a real representation of what would happen if they were written in a real one on one situation.

UniOmni
In POS, they fought a few times, and Billy never looked weaker unless Mary or Freddy was powered up as well.

And BA looking better against Billy isn't a surprise, since Billy's a kid and doesn't want to hurt innocents.

Even in WW3, Billy looks the best out of anybody who comes to stop him.

And the Russian Zod was powered by a red sun, which Superman fought him under.

It actually says alot that Clark was able to survive that long.

Once his power source was cut off, he died a death by kryptokrakk.

And Jun, you refer to the Shazam and theMonster Men by Jeff Smith?

I love it. Plus, i heard it's supposed to be canon.

Juntai
Actually I was meaning the series of CMjr stepping into Billy's old role. I don't know what to think of it.

But yeah Jeff Smiths prestige ones are awesome.

UniOmni
Oh, you mean Trials of Shazam!

I don't like it.
Taking Billy out the picture, is a supremely stupid move.

I want him back in the cheese!!

Validus
Trials of Shazam is a mixed bag like all Winick work. Taking away the Marvel's magic word....is supremely stupid. I'm just waiting to find out Mary Marvel is an HIV positive lesbian.

Juntai
Trials of Shazam is a mixed bag like all Winick work. Taking away the Marvel's magic word....is supremely stupid. I'm just waiting to find out Mary Marvel is an HIV positive lesbian. Yeah, I do so dislike Winnick. He just happens to find his way onto some of my favorite titles.

chithappens

Which is why I stopped following it

Validus
It really isn't that confusing. ermmnone

chithappens
Then explain it concisely in English

Validus
Originally posted by chithappens
Then explain it concisely in English
Did you think I spoke Spanish or something?

There isn't much to explain. OB1 just made the mistake of assuming that the OYL comics were also taking place in real time just like 52. "One Year Later" started a year ago for us, yes, but in the DCU it could have only been a month or so.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Will Darkseid be jobbing again? Or will he be able to take out people?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.