Theatre Update

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Eh, I have things going on in my life, and I feel like jumping on the bandwagon.

Starting yesterday, this is the busiest weekend of my life, I think. I'm currently in two productions, one with Hillel (the Jewish center, for foreigners), and a production with my Acting class. Luckily, none of the performances conflict. But still. I'm going to die.

Wish me luck!

§P0oONY
If you take up acting... You'll be unemployed for life... Don't plan to act, if you become an actor; great, but it should never be your primary occupation target.

Strangelove
It's a thing I'm doing for college, I'm not necessarily planning to make a career out of it.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Strangelove
It's a thing I'm doing for college, I'm not necessarily planning to make a career out of it.
A BA degree?

Eww....

Strangelove

Ordained
Theatre is my major in college as well. I'm also with a talen angency called IMTA. I'm a model and a aspiring actor.

§P0oONY
I'm double majoring in Theatre and Political Science tongue
So an arts subject and another arts subject pretending to be a science subject?

Eclipso
Brendan, do you still go to those comedy clubs?

Strangelove

§P0oONY
It's a social science
I'm taking a real science at Uni... hmm

Strangelove

ThePittman
"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them."

laughing

Ordained
I didn't think that Political Science was an art anyways.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ordained
I didn't think that Political Science was an art anyways.
It's not... But it certainly isn't a science either.

ThePittman
Let's debate about what science means stick out tongue

Ordained
Biology, Earth, Physical, Natural, Micro, etc... Well those are just the ones I took in high school.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by ThePittman
Let's debate about what science means stick out tongue Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Biology... Applications of them...

That's it.

Ordained
I meant to put Chemistry in there also.

ThePittman
"systemized knowledge derived through experimentation, observation, and study. Also, the methodology used to acquire this knowledge." wink

Ordained
Which dictionary is that from?

Strangelove

Ordained
Hey, those were just some courses that I took.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Ordained
Which dictionary is that from? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&q=define%3Ascience&btnG=Search

§P0oONY
Math is not science. Math is Math. Chemistry, Biology, and Physics are life sciences. Stuff like Sociology, Psychology, Political Science are social sciences. Neither is more 'real' than the other.
Social sciences are not what I'd class as science, they are below science subjects.

Maths is classed as a science by universities. Universities that ask for sciences before entry accept Maths as one, plus high level maths, isn't simply numbers.

Strangelove

laughing That's Mitch Hedberg, you should check him out wink

§P0oONY
Sociology for example is the study of common sense... What a toilet paper subject.

Ordained
They tried to tell me I need that as a college course. I was like, "I would but then I would ahve to admit that I'm an idoit for take a class that talks about common sense."

True story.

Strangelove

Strangelove
Eh, I have things going on in my life, and I feel like jumping on the bandwagon.

Starting yesterday, this is the busiest weekend of my life, I think. I'm currently in two productions, one with Hillel (the Jewish center, for foreigners), and a production with my Acting class. Luckily, none of the performances conflict. But still. I'm going to die.

Wish me luck!

Ordained
Good luck.

§P0oONY
laughing you're such a ****ing elitist. There is no "hierarchy" of sciences. Like Pitt posted, science is "systemized knowledge derived through experimentation, observation, and study. Also, the methodology used to acquire this knowledge." That is not limited to the one's you posted. No one science in inherently better than another. Get off your high horse. There is a hierarchy of sciences... There is to any scientist... Chemists will tell you that Biology isn't a science, biologists will say that without Biology, Chemistry would be a bunch on useless crap. Same goes for most sciences and scientists.... Social scientists don't realise this because they are not scientists... There is no systematised knowledge when it comes to most social sciences. It can be useful stuff but it's not science.

ThePittman
The science of underwater basket weaving pitt_victory

Strangelove

ThePittman
Now lets get back to the topic of the thread. underwater basket weaving in a Theater stick out tongue

silver_tears

Strangelove
underwater basket weaving in a Theater stick out tongue Precisely wink

§P0oONY
Originally posted by silver_tears
Umm no it's not What the f**k?
Sure... petpet

Strangelove

Strangelove

Wish me luck!

§P0oONY
Arrogant blowhole doped
Well, when you're taking real subjects you're allowed to be... doped

Strangelove

§P0oONY
So now you're claiming that they're not even subjects? That's going a bit over the line erm
Political science is... I'm just not a big fan of the art subjects...

Strangelove

§P0oONY
And so because you're not a fan, they're not real subjects? I'd choose your words a little more carefully.
They're not real subjects because you can do the jobs without doing the degree... A lot of actors never took an acting course, same goes with most art courses... I don't think being any kind of artist is something you can learn to be. You're either one or your not and if you are one, you really don't need a degree in it.

Strangelove

§P0oONY
That's bullshit. What you say may be true, but that doesn't mean that they aren't real subjects. That's a worthless, elitist opinion.
I honestly just think they're a cop out... I don't give a flying **** if you think I've got an elitist attitude towards it, it's not that I think the subject I'm going to be taking is the greatest, the average wage for a post-grad is dismal from it.

§P0oONY
How many chemistry or biology majors do you find in careers outside of those fields? More than you'd think, I'd wager.
That has little to do with anything... It's the fact that an art degree has no field that can't be accessed without an arts degree. A guy with a chemistry degree can become an actor... But an actor can't just go to research in a lab.

Strangelove
Ugh. Whatever. There's nothing wrong with that.

Leo.M

laughing

laughing

Strangelove
Update: Just had the Saturday performance of my Acting class show...it went all right, I guess.

So you know, what we did is everyone in my class (there are 8 of us) got two roles in two different shows. And one got performed on Friday and Sunday, and the other got done on Sat. I like the one (that I'm in) from yesterday and tomorrow much better. And the people who did it instead of me and my scene partner today weren't very good.

And my show with Hillel tonight is in 4 hours. Oh joy.

Strangelove
I auditioned for one of the improv comedy troupes at my school today, but I didn't get a callback. The story of my life. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.