mad about people downing grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordGrievous
i'm really geting fed up with some people on this fourm downing general grievous(not just him but other charachters as well) they say he is a horible fighter and obi-won owns him instantly when the only reason he beat him in ROTS is because mace windu crushed his lungs. if your going to make any comments about grievous or any other charachter READ SOME EU FIRST!

vader11
Who is downing Grievous?laughing

overlord
Grievous had one little scene, who cares about him anyway. eek!

Darth Subjekt
You're absolutely right. The only reason why OB1's skill was better than GG's was cause Mace crushed his lungs months before. Like that had any bearing on how he selects which form to get pwned in. He was an even more minimal character that Dooku. Get over it.

jollyjim311
Greivous is a beast. Sometimes people do downplay him. However, as a character, he's nothing more than "a few cool moves in the Clone Wars series."

Darth Subjekt
Thats my point. I know he could fcuk shit up when he wanted, but he was still a minimal character used as foreshadowing of the technology about to be used on Vader. I just don't see where all the fanboys come from...

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
He was an even more minimal character that Dooku.

Charming. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Subjekt
Sorry buddy. embarrasment

Apollo Cloud
Grievous pwns over Vader.

Council#13
You're absolutely right. The only reason why OB1's skill was better than GG's was cause Mace crushed his lungs months before.

Wasn't it less than months? More like days? confused Because Windu crushed Grievous' chest just before ROTS started.

Darth Subjekt
Was it days? Hmm, ok then if it was, my bad. It was still said that OB1 was the best one to beat him.

General G
I don't see where all the hate for Grievous comes from.

exanda kane
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Greivous is a beast. Sometimes people do downplay him. However, as a character, he's nothing more than "a few cool moves in the Clone Wars series."

Spot on that.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt He was an even more minimal character that Dooku.

Dooku deserved more screen time. In the manner of villains he was actually quite interesting, unlike Maul or Greivous.

vader11
Originally posted by exanda kane
Dooku deserved more screen time. In the manner of villains he was actually quite interesting, unlike Maul or Greivous. Agree.

Darth Subjekt
meh...

LordGrievous
alright well this was in the versuses fourm but it was grievous vs. maul and and anakin vs obi-won and evey1 just like mual pwns grievous beacuse he sucks

Alliance
Originally posted by overlord

And he sucked eek!

MasterAshenVor
On the movie he did =D in the series he ROCKED

MasterAshenVor
Personally i dont think we should hate any character because they bring something unique to the movie Maul brung ruthlessness Dooku brung elegence Obi-Wan brung sanity Windu brung Coolness Anakin brung Arogence which is cool Yoda brung wisdom Jar-Jar brung TRIED to bring Humor C3po brung Prissieness o.o Grevious brung Excitement and cool colors and Sidious brung Craftyness

EVERYONE HAS A TRIBUTE TO STAR WARS NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY SEEMED TO SUCK

EVERY CHARACTER in there has brung something that makes star wars great and what we love.

Alliance
Most importantly the clones.

Burnt Pancakes

You mean those guys who all looked the same and died by the hundeds, only for the Jedi to get all the credit at the end of the CW?

Council#13
Originally posted by General G
I don't see where all the hate for Grievous comes from.

He killed so many Jedi. cry But I don't hate him for that. I think that it's awesome that a non-Sith managed to be veiwed by the Jedi as a threat equal to any Sith Lord.

Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes

You mean those guys who all looked the same and died by the hundeds, only for the Jedi to get all the credit at the end of the CW?

Jedi are cool. ermm

LordGrievous

yes the ones that everybody pwns

Alliance

Yeah, not to mention that the Jedi thought they were stupid and abused them..didn't care if they died.

jollyjim311
I specifically remember a comic where one Jedi called them, "These clones", but then quickly changed it to "No, these men," and didn't want to send them to their deaths.

However, I doubt the clones really cared, as long as they were getting something done.

Council#13
Originally posted by Alliance
Yeah, not to mention that the Jedi thought they were stupid and abused them..didn't care if they died.

Actually, a lot of Jedi did care about their clones. I remember in Schism, K'Khruk (spelling?) refused to press forward, even though he could achieve his goal, simply because too many of his clones would die. The Clone commander replied something like, "To be honest with you sir, it's what we were trained to do." There was another comic where there was a Jedi reporting the loss of the planet, and he said that he cared about the clones who died in mass numbers on the planet. Obi-Wan and Anakin cared about their clones, also. I'm not too sure about other Jedi, like Yoda, Mace, Saesee, Kit, Agen, Aayla, Quinlan, Qui-Gon, Luke, Bastilla, Bane, Revan....

Alliance
There are notable exceptions. However, many Jedi treat clones like shit.

I'm well aware that clones were bread to die. I support them. However, that doesn't give the Jedi the right to treat them as sub-human or if it is acceptable for them to die, which many did.

Its part of the whole moral collapse of the Order.

jollyjim311
It was their job, they needed them to win, the Jedi were risking just as much out there. If it was a close call the Jedi would probably not risk the lives of their troopers.

We've seen K'Khruk not want to risk the lives of the clones, Aayla make personal connections with them (according to BF2), Kenobi make jokes with Cody, Anakin talking to Alpha and so on.

It was horrible, but, they realized that it was either these clones die doing what they were meant to do, or many more innocent people with no defences would die at the hands of the CIS.

MasterAshenVor
And dont mention Kit Fisto makeing a sort of connection with <(Nate)> or <(Jangotat)> in the book "THE CESTUS DECEPTION" and most noteably Obi-Wan-Kenobi and Commander Cody Ayala with her Troopers Anakin with Alpha....so on and so fourth and from what i remember Yoda cared a great deal about the troopers....

Count Makashi
Which Jedi treated the Clones like shit, i know Vos didn't like him, hey one Jedi even got pregnant with a Clone, thats a very strong connection.

LordGrievous
ewwwwwww

Alliance
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Which Jedi treated the Clones like shit, i know Vos didn't like him, hey one Jedi even got pregnant with a Clone, thats a very strong connection.

Etain Tur-Mukan was certinaly an exception.

Traviss has a supurb interpretation of the clones. I actually almost cried when I read the RC novels, because her interpretations of clones was almost spot-on to mine and then some.

Traviss also mentions that the Jedi mis-treat the clones.

Burnt Pancakes
Yes...I rememebr Etain...

Those were really good books. Weren't they discontineud after the second one, though?

Alliance
NO WAY.

True Colors is due out in August!

The clones are abused from every angle except their own kind. THe Kaminoans abuse them, as do the Jedi, as do the people of the Republic.

Darth Subjekt

I'm well aware that clones were bread to die. I support them. However, that doesn't give the Jedi the right to treat them as sub-human or if it is acceptable for them to die, which many did.

And it was right to turn your back on the Jedi and kill them out of nowhere?

Alliance
It seemed fairly right to me at the time.

Look dude, we had an Order. Its no wonder the war dragged on for so long becuase the Jedi were behind the whole thing.

Count Makashi
I like both the Jedi and Clones, but the Clones just obeyed an order, from a legal authority and Clones don't disobey orders.

vader11
I like the Sith morestick out tongue

Count Makashi
You sick bastard. stick out tongue

vader11
Sith are much cooler than Jedistick out tongue

Count Makashi
Only Count Dooku. But the Jedi as organization are so much better then the Sith.

vader11
Other Siths are also coolstick out tongue

General G
Only Count Dooku. But the Jedi as organization are so much better then the Sith.

Sith are so much better than Jedi.

LORDSIDIOUS01
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Count Makashi
Hey, i thought, you said you don't have a sense of humor and the Sith will eventually fail, they always do.

vader11
"Light always beats the dark"laughing

Count Makashi
Exactly, except in ROTS.

vader11
Yes, but Sith is way cooler...

Burnt Pancakes
How?

Most Sith are old, decrepid, crippled, or maimed in some way. That doesn't equal "cool".

The only non-completely butt ugly Sith I can think of is Exar Kunt...and he sucks.

Count Makashi
How about Revan, when he was a Sith.

vader11
Cool or not is just oppinion, you can say red saber & lightning are cool.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by LordGrievous
i'm really geting fed up with some people on this fourm downing general grievous(not just him but other charachters as well) they say he is a horible fighter and obi-won owns him instantly when the only reason he beat him in ROTS is because mace windu crushed his lungs. if your going to make any comments about grievous or any other charachter READ SOME EU FIRST!

No. Obi-Wan would have defeated him no matter what. The clone wars cartoon made every character seem superior then what they truly are. Mace obliterated a battle droid army without a lightsaber basically by himself and yet at Geonosis he wasn't able to make a difference in the fight with 200 other Jedi helping him. Dooku even said Grievous couldn't beat Obi-Wan!!

Alliance
Sith = Jedi

Don't see much reason to like either.

vader11
Ya...ROTS Obiwan can beat GG.

Tangible God
i'm really geting fed up with some people on this fourm downing general grievous(not just him but other charachters as well) they say he is a horible fighter and obi-won owns him instantly when the only reason he beat him in ROTS is because mace windu crushed his lungs. if your going to make any comments about grievous or any other charachter READ SOME EU FIRST! You need a hug. Not from me though. Go to Grievous, he'll give you a very nice one.

vader11
laughing

Council#13

I'm a little bit confused here. Which Jedi treated the Clones poorly?

The big EH
i'm really geting fed up with some people on this fourm downing general grievous(not just him but other charachters as well) they say he is a horible fighter and obi-won owns him instantly when the only reason he beat him in ROTS is because mace windu crushed his lungs. if your going to make any comments about grievous or any other charachter READ SOME EU FIRST! grievous is awesome, but does die extremely easy in the movie, and does suck ass in battlefront 2, he is way to slow annd doesn't have much power, i prefer to use the Fetts or Maul

vader11
I like Maulstick out tongue

exanda kane
How?

Most Sith are old, decrepid, crippled, or maimed in some way. That doesn't equal "cool".

The only non-completely butt ugly Sith I can think of is Exar Kunt...and he sucks.

A great point.

Some of you seem to get that Sith have murderous instincts, and that, sorry to be the liberal here, just isn't cool; and don't be under the illusion that force-choking your poor cabbie is cool. Poor blokes only doing his job.

Also, Sith never get away with it. That is a fact, a dark sider does not end up in a retirement home. It's the sacrifice ones makes when one walks around in a dark cloak.

zephiel7
The truth is Grievous was Dooku's tool. He had less character development than Jaden Korr.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by zephiel7
The truth is Grievous was Dooku's tool. He had less character development than Jaden Korr.

Co-signed

Darth Subjekt
It seemed fairly right to me at the time.

Look dude, we had an Order. Its no wonder the war dragged on for so long becuase the Jedi were behind the whole thing.
Why would you want to be someone that is someone else? At least the Jedi were ORIGINAL. The clones were carbon copies...nothing special. DO you treat animals the same as you do humans? Most likely not, and Ob1 even befriended one...oh well...we like who we like i guess...

vader11
Originally posted by zephiel7
The truth is Grievous was Dooku's tool. He had less character development than Jaden Korr. Agree.

Nellis Munn
Also agreed.

Count Makashi
I liked him and he had a great evil laugh.

Tangible God
I liked his Bolshevik attitude. And accent.

Count Makashi
Yea, the accent was great.

Tengu
Thats my point. I know he could fcuk shit up when he wanted, but he was still a minimal character used as foreshadowing of the technology about to be used on Vader. I just don't see where all the fanboys come from... well when you look at it that way, the same could be said about Boba Fett in the OT, when ESB first released. Lucas even said he didn't know why he was so popular back then since he was such a minimal character. Which is why there was a Jango Fett, a foreshadowing of sorts i suppose.

zephiel7

Alliance
Originally posted by Tengu
well when you look at it that way, the same could be said about Boba Fett in the OT, when ESB first released. Lucas even said he didn't know why he was so popular back then since he was such a minimal character. Which is why there was a Jango Fett, a foreshadowing of sorts i suppose.
Jango was there to show what Lucas could have done with Boba

LordGrievous
Originally posted by Tangible God
You need a hug. Not from me though. Go to Grievous, he'll give you a very nice one.
where can i find grievous? however, i'd like my bones intact thank you. but i think clone wars grievous could beat ROTS obi-won

Secretus
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/Secretus74/thththbitch_maealoeki.gif

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/Secretus74/Picture020.jpg

Count Makashi
Whats with the picture of the kid.

Alliance
Thats Secretus.

Count Makashi
Wow, he is pretty smart, for a kid, that young. THE Whizkid.

ADarksideJedi
I like Grievous he is cool in the movie.I have no promblem with what so ever.As for Jinn then yea I do!hjm

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by overlord

I do. smile Although Grievous definitely had his weaknesses, what's not to like about a half-droid trained under the Jedi arts by Count Dooku, with 4 arms & 4 light-sabers? roll eyes (sarcastic) Nothing.

Regardless of all that happened in the movie, Grievous was probably my favorite character in the whole flim, so um, yays? >.> Wasn't as interested in the drama queen Anakin, especially since we knew what would happen to him before-hand...

Burnt Pancakes
And.. what? We didn't know what was going to happen to GG the whole time? I knew he was a dead man once I heard he was in the movie...

Ridley_Prime
And.. what? We didn't know what was going to happen to GG the whole time? I knew he was a dead man once I heard he was in the movie...

Meh. Now that you mention it, you're right stick out tongue, and so was Dooku, so I guess knowing what would happen to the characters before-hand is rather irrelavent in this case...

Count Makashi
All the important characters, that weren't in the OT, had death sentence written all over them(Qui-Gon, Jango, Mace, Dooku, Maul,GG), except for Padme.

Ridley_Prime
All the important characters, that weren't in the OT, had death sentence written all over them(Qui-Gon, Jango, Mace, Dooku, Maul,GG), except for Padme.

Heh. Yep... sad

General G

And that is one of the bad things about making the prequels after.

exanda kane
Thank god to be totally frank with you all.

Qui-Gon was simply Old Ben if he was given more screen time, Jango is literally a carbon copy of Boba with more screentime, Greivous and Maul was just put in to sell some toy products and Mace was just a manifestation of the Jedi Order's mistrust of Anakin.

Dooku is the only character with more than one dimension.

vader11
Ya, I agree Dooku is some kind of special. I still think he is more important than Mace.

exanda kane
Of course he is. There is nothing to the Mace character whatsoever, nothing more than the actors reputation (so just Pup Ficiton then) and a purple lightsaber.

Don't get wrong, for what the character was, he was entertaining yet he was such a distraction from the real story of the PT, was he really worth it?

vader11
Even Qui Gon is more important than Mace, I think.

exanda kane
Possibly.

What does Mace contribute to the story? He is cynical about Anakin for one, but surely you could tip that pressure onto Yoda?

What does Qui-Gon contribute to the story? He is the image of a Jedi, yet it doesn't neccesarily have to be him. He finds Anakin, true, but it definitly doesn't need to be him.

Obi-Wan's character in TPM is so different from that of latter films that I think the contrast really isn't neccesary.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by exanda kane
Greivous and Maul was just put in to sell some toy products

Although I agree with most of the other things you said, you still make me sad by saying this. sick sad

vader11
But that's the truthstick out tongue

Tangible God
Marketing combined with necessity for sub-villains.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by vader11
But that's the truthstick out tongue
It's not the only reason they were made though...

Originally posted by Tangible God
Marketing combined with necessity for sub-villains.
Hmm. That sounds about right.

While Maul and Grievous may not be "master minds" behind the war like Sidious was, they're still villains (just not the main villains) regardless. Not "subs".

exanda kane
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Although I agree with most of the other things you said, you still make me sad by saying this. sick sad

Hell, TPM was simply a two hour long toy commerical. It's a fact really.

Count Makashi
Only Maul and GG fit in that description.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.