Homeschooling or public school which one would you do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
I went to school all my life till I got to tenth grade had trouble at the local highschool and homeschooled for my last two years of highschool.
I found homeschooling to be alot more challaging and my sister and I would go to a friend house every day and do our work there.I also learn to speak spanish in my classes.
Also I was a loner so that worked out for me to be homeschooled as well.What do you guy's think is the con and pros of both homeschooling and public schools?Jm smile

Bardock42
You found homeschooling more challenging? Girl, you can't even spell one sentence correctly.

ADarksideJedi
Keep this up and I will report you.Jm

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

Keep what up?

Schecter
I went to school all my life till I got to tenth grade had trouble at the local highschool and homeschooled for my last two years of highschool.
I found homeschooling to be alot more challaging and my sister and I would go to a friend house every day and do our work there.I also learn to speak spanish in my classes.
Also I was a loner so that worked out for me to be homeschooled as well.What do you guy's think is the con and pros of both homeschooling and public schools?Jm smile

i dont think you're being honest here JM.
homeschool or not you still have to pass the HSPT to get a diploma.
they dont just hand you a diploma because you pinky swear that you've been working and studying.

btw, will there be a book released soon? if so i would like an authographed hard-cover.

KharmaDog

Originally posted by Bardock42
You found homeschooling more challenging? Girl, you can't even spell one sentence correctly.

Jackie, you brought up the topic of home schooling, and you used yourself as the example. You have no reason to report anything.

Bardock made an excellent point. Your grammar is atrocious, your spelling is horrendous, on on more than one occasion you have shown your powers of deductive reasoning and problem solving abilities to be less then sub par. Your post in and of itself testifies to the problems with homeschooling.

You also called yourself a loner and reasoned that because of that homeschooling was better for you. It probably did more harm than good as your social skills, more than likely, are much less developed than people who actually attend an educational institution with other people. You have willfully lessened your exposure to other people, cultures, schools of thought and social interaction in general.

ADarksideJedi
Yea you graduate just like everyone else.It depends on what program you use!I used " The school of tomorrow" a christen homeschooling program by mom and my friend's mom taught us and corrected our books. Also they test you first and see where you are at.So you are not getting work that is not too easy or too hard which is a good thing.jm

Bardock42
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Jackie, you brought up the topic of home schooling, and you used yourself as the example. You have no reason to report anything.

Bardock made an excellent point. Your grammar is atrocious, your spelling is horrendous, on on more than one occasion you have shown your powers of deductive reasoning and problem solving abilities to be less then sub par. Your post in and of itself testifies to the problems with homeschooling.

You also called yourself a loner and reasoned that because of that homeschooling was better for you. It probably did more harm than good as your social skills, more than likely, are much less developed than people who actually attend an educational institution with other people. You have willfully lessened your exposure to other people, cultures, schools of thought and social interaction in general.

though that is sadly not the point I was trying to make. As I have talked to intelligent, even exceeding people that were homeschooled. I think it is not necessarily the way you get taught, but...well, the way you are.

ADarksideJedi
though that is sadly not the point I was trying to make. As I have talked to intelligent, even exceeding people that were homeschooled. I think it is not necessarily the way you get taught, but...well, the way you are.

That is being a bit judgmental!jm smile

Bardock42
That is being a bit judgmental!jm smile

Elaborate.

Schecter
" The school of tomorrow" a christen homeschooling program by mom and my friend's mom taught us and corrected our books.

this is terrifying.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Schecter
this is terrifying.

Why?Got to go!Jm smile

KharmaDog
I couldn't have asked for better examples to prove my point than what has occurred since my last post.

Goddess Kali
Public School all the way...

I find that people who are Homeschooled find it much harder to relate to other people as well as form relationships with those they do not know.

Also in Public School you are exposed to so many diverse ways of thinking (atleast in diverse schools), and not isolated to one mind set like you would be in Homeschooling, especially a Christian homeschooling program.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Public School all the way...

I find that people who are Homeschooled find it much harder to relate to other people as well as form relationships with those they do not know.

Also in Public School you are exposed to so many diverse ways of thinking (atleast in diverse schools), and not isolated to one mind set like you would be in Homeschooling, especially a Christian homeschooling program.

But...the academic level can be very, very, very low...

chillmeistergen
I think I've found a reason not to be home schooled just from adarksidejedi's posts. Someone who was on a Christian home schooling programme, and, cannot even spell the word Christian is not an ideal ambassador.

Fishy
But...the academic level can be very, very, very low...

It can be low with public schooling as well, that makes no difference at all..

Public schooling has it downsides, but it's still way better then homeschooling. At least it teaches you social skills and gets you into contact with somewhat different cultures.

BackFire
By "corrected" do you mean "burned".

Did you only have one textbook for all of your classes, and was that book the bible?

If so, you got cheated horribly, and it explains a good deal about why you post the way you do.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fishy
It can be low with public schooling as well, that makes no difference at all..

Public schooling has it downsides, but it's still way better then homeschooling. At least it teaches you social skills and gets you into contact with somewhat different cultures.

T-that's what I said.

I don't think public Schooling is generally to be seen as that great. the teachers can't really focus on the individuals...exceeding students are held back while weak ones are overlooked. there is lots of bullying, etc.

Sure there are pros and cons...it just depends.

Devil King
While I've always thought that it was detrimental to homeschool children due to the fact that they have a severaly lacking social ability, (at least in my experience) going to a public school is not really that much better. While you learn in both situations, at home you learn only what your parents want you to know and in public school you're indoctrinated in a method of interaction that develops your interpersonal skills for the rest of your life. This isn't always a good thing.

I've found there are three major reasons to homeschool a child. 1) The child suffers from severe social problems: retardation, personality disorders, etc. 2) The schools are teaching logical thinking and the parents don't want to clutter their childs mind with nonsense such as evolution. 3) The child's behavior is such that the schools don't want them there because they're a disruption to the other children.

And then again, in the case of some it's all three. *ahem*

Speaking to Jackie though, I would be interested in knowing why a Jew would teach their children a christian curriculum.

Nellinator
Homeschooling is not necessarily detrimental to social skills as that entirely depends what your other activities are. If you are out playing sports, in a band, or whatever, you should be fine, but if you are at home all the time then it can be bad.

Devil King
Or church groups and sunday school.

Nellinator
Seriously, that is actually true. Although that can be limiting.

In Canada, I highly recommend public school, in America, private could potentially be better. Homeschooling can be a good thing too, I know that I was homeschooled in grade 2 and it was a very very good thing for me. My brother was homeschooled from grade 4 to grade 6 and that was an even better thing for him. However, we both played hockey in winter and I played soccer in summer and he played baseball so we weren't lacking social interaction.

On a side note, many homeschooling programs have a single day of class per week which brings homeschoolers together and gives them a school environment and can be a good way to go. Other programs let the parents teach certain subjects, but have actual classes for others.

Naz
Catholic school, biatchzes. diva

But I personally wouldn't want to go to a public school, though I do know of some that are really good. And they're government-funded too. Lucky bastards.

ADarksideJedi
Inleast some of you argee with homeschooling and please don't use that excuse for me not knowing how to spell.I can spell just like you guys!Let's stay on topic and no more name calling or anything!Thanks,jm

Alliance
Homeschooling is very dangerous and not as productive as public education, even private.

ADarksideJedi
How is it dangers?jm

Alliance
Instilling radical ideologies in children.

And as you so wonderfully demonstrate...poor grammar.

ADarksideJedi
I should never had even ask.If you don't know someone who is homeschool then you can't really judge now can you?jm

Schecter
im sure there are successes in homeschooling...probably many. none that i know of though.

debbiejo
Home School isn't all that bad. There are pros and cons.

Some famous Home Schoolers or self taught people, which is what home school is supposed to be. Self taught, not so much a curriculum.

Abraham Lincoln
Alexander Graham Bell
Thomas Edison
Leonardo daVinci
Benjamin Franklin
Winston Churchill
Hans Christian Anderson
Agatha Christie
Charles Dickens
Mark Twain
The Hansons
Noel Coward
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt
Albert Schweitzer
George Washington
Woodrow Wilson
George Washington Carver
Charlie Chaplin
Frank Vandiver(President Texas A&M University)
The Wright Brothers
Stonewall Jackson
Douglas Mac Arthur
Robert E. Lee
John Quincy Adams
Patrick Henry
William Penn
George Bernard Shaw
C.S. Lewis
Pearl Buck

Nellinator
Originally posted by Alliance
Homeschooling is very dangerous and not as productive as public education, even private. Homeschooling can be better in certain cases. It is entirely dependent on the program.

FeceMan
Instilling radical ideologies in children.

And as you so wonderfully demonstrate...poor grammar.
Dude. Not cool.

She's a retard, for Chrissake.

(Oh, wait...lol.)

KharmaDog
Inleast some of you argee with homeschooling and please don't use that excuse for me not knowing how to spell.I can spell just like you guys!Let's stay on topic and no more name calling or anything!Thanks,jm

This is exactly what we are talking about. If it were only your spelling it probably wouldn't be so bad.

But you:
- said "Inleast" instead of "At least".
- state that you "can spell just like you guys!" when you can clearly not (or choose not to which is much worse.
- accuse people of attacking you when you cannot realize that by using yourself as an example that you set yourself up for such a response.

These are products of an uneducated, or ill-educated mind.

How is it dangers?jm

Again, It's fricken' "dangerous". The Fricken' word is in the post directly before yours. Is it laziness or stupidity? This is not an insult but a question to which I would love to know the answer .

I should never had even ask.If you don't know someone who is homeschool then you can't really judge now can you?jm

HOME-SCHOOLED! And you should never have asked if you didn't want an answer. And yes, we can judge as you are an ambassador to homeschooling and a miserable one at that.

ADarksideJedi
I did not want an answear about myself being homeschooled only if you would pick being homeschooled or going to public school.Not everything I post is all about me you know!Now that is off my chest!Shall we go on?jm

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by debbiejo
Abraham Lincoln
Alexander Graham Bell
Thomas Edison
Leonardo daVinci
Benjamin Franklin
Winston Churchill
Hans Christian Anderson
Agatha Christie
Charles Dickens
Mark Twain
The Hansons
Noel Coward
Theodore Roosevelt
Albert Schweitzer
George Washington
Woodrow Wilson
George Washington Carver
Charlie Chaplin
The Wright Brothers
Stonewall Jackson
Douglas Mac Arthur
Robert E. Lee
John Quincy Adams
Patrick Henry
William Penn
George Bernard Shaw
C.S. Lewis
Pearl Buck

There would not have been legislation allowing a lot of those people to have a public education.

Robtard

Some famous Home Schoolers or self taught people, which is what home school is supposed to be. Self taught, not so much a curriculum.

Abraham Lincoln
Alexander Graham Bell
Thomas Edison
Leonardo daVinci
Benjamin Franklin
Winston Churchill
Hans Christian Anderson
Agatha Christie
Charles Dickens
Mark Twain
The Hansons
Noel Coward
Theodore Roosevelt
Albert Schweitzer
George Washington
Woodrow Wilson
George Washington Carver
Charlie Chaplin
The Wright Brothers
Stonewall Jackson
Douglas Mac Arthur
Robert E. Lee
John Quincy Adams
Patrick Henry
William Penn
George Bernard Shaw
C.S. Lewis
Pearl Buck

Maybe back in the day... today though at least in America, statistically speaking, the majority of home schooled children come from Evangelical or very religious households. These children only learn what their parents want them to learn; basically raising close-minded drones.

As noted, public school teaches children social skills that they will need in life and to be part of a larger society.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Maybe back in the day... today though at least in America, statistically speaking, the majority of home schooled children come from Evangelical or very religious households. These children only learn what their parents want them to learn; basically raising close-minded drones.

As noted, public school teaches children social skills that they will need in life and to be part of a larger society.

Oh I agree that lots of it is shit. But with reasonable standards it can be great.

xmarksthespot
But most home-schooled kids are weird... c'mon you know it...

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
But most home-schooled kids are weird... c'mon you know it...

Yeah, but you are weird too. You know it.

xmarksthespot
Yeah, but you are weird too. You know it. I do. herbvin

And that's the way you like me. blush2

debbiejo
Originally posted by Robtard

As noted, public school teaches children social skills that they will need in life and to be part of a larger society. Unfortunately this can be true, however, there are many free thinkers that come from homeschooling families. They are home schooled for just that reason.

You cannot lump all home school families together.

Robtard
Oh I agree that lots of it is shit. But with reasonable standards it can be great.

Not sure about Europe, but here in America, 'home schooling' = 'heavy religious bias based education'. I am certain there are home schooled kids who do indeed get a better and more diverse education than private/public school; there not a large percentage though.

Robtard
Unfortunately this can be true, however, there are many free thinkers that come from homeschooling families. They are home schooled for just that reason.

You cannot lump all home school families together.

I said "statistically speaking, the majority of home schooled children...".

Meaning I didn't "lump all" together.

debbiejo
Yes, there are more religious home school families, but the secular or diversified ones are there, they are just not as reported on as much. Homeschool should be thought of as "How to think" not "What to think"
for yourself and gaining great esteem in the process.

Regret
What do you guy's think is the con and pros of both homeschooling and public schools? Ok, first off, the comments made about your writing ability are some of the poster's opinion of homeschooling. You ask the question with poor spelling and grammar, do you expect them to hold your education in high esteem?

Now, as to my opinions:

I have participated in home, public, private, charter, and various amalgamations of the types as a student and as a parent. I also have a broad network of acquaintances that have been students and are now parents in various educational structures. This, I believe, allows me a perspective somewhat less biased and more informed than many posters will have.

All forms of educational structure can be excellent. None of the forms are above the others.

The problem is that the individual students and the teachers (parents being the teachers in the homeschooling paradigm) are of differing skill levels and abilities.

Homeschooling is a poor choice if a fanatical individual is the teacher. Private schools that are dedicated to a religion tend to be poor broad spectrum educational facilities. Public schools do not hire the best teachers due to their lack of competitive salaries when compared to most private schools.

Homeschooling may be better overall due to the ability to tailor the education to the student, once again dependant on the teacher. Private schools may be better because they often are capable of providing opportunities based on their typically high level of funds. Public schools offer a greater degree of diversity.

Each of the forms hold the possibility of an excellent education for the student, each hold the possibility of extreme failure.

My personal preference is a secular private school, but that for me is due to the "money is not a factor" state of existence I enjoy. If I were less affluent, I would probably lean towards homeschooling as I have shown myself capable of teaching my children.

During my children's elementary years I have always taught my children if I felt the school they were in did not present a decently advanced curriculum. I believe all elementary students should be capable of entering calculus following their first four to six years of education, they should be capable of grasping Shakespeare during their elementary years. Their capabilities must be stretched to the limit during youth. This does not imply them missing out on the social life of the child, only a higher degree of expectation and faster rate of educational progression than is found in the public education system where the students must, intellectually, remain with the common modal group of students.

Given my position, public school is the most poor of the alternatives given best case scenarios. Diversity can be gained through extracurricular social life, and is not necessary in the educational realm if such a social life exists.

Robtard
Yes, there are more religious home school families, but the secular or diversified ones are there, they are just not as reported on as much. Homeschool should be thought of as "How to think" not "What to think"
for yourself and gaining great esteem in the process.

No shit... I didn't say "all". WTF, read!

debbiejo
Got an esteem problem?

Everytime I post doesn't mean I'm speaking to just you Mr.

If you read back, I was agreeing with you..I said "Yes."

Robtard
Got an esteem problem?

Everytime I post doesn't mean I'm speaking to just you Mr.

If you read back, I was agreeing with you..I said "Yes."

No, I have a low tolerance for people who respond to me by quoting me and not reading what I said.

inimalist
How about the fact that Public Schooling has, since its inception, been more about finding a place for kids to go during the day where they wont get into trouble, not about getting the greatest possible education.

I don't necessarily know what I am saying in the home vs public vs private debate here, just trying to imply that "schooling" and "education" have very little in common, and for the most part, unless you are teaching your 6th grader Shakespeare, education is going to have to be personally motivated, and probably start outside of the education system.

Eccentric
You learn more life skills, people skills in a public school.

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I do. herbvin

And that's the way you like me. blush2

When did you start using smilies so excessively.

It's kinda hot.

Regret
Originally posted by Eccentric
You learn more life skills, people skills in a public school. That shouldn't be the domain of the educational system, it is only the domain because parents are typically lacking in their providing such to their children.

Eccentric
Obviously you will learn more life skills and people skills if you go to a public school, 5 days a week you're surrounded by a lot of different people for a few hours, you will definitely learn a lot more than a home school student who is more often that not alone or not around that many different people.

inimalist
Obviously you will learn more life skills and people skills if you go to a public school, 5 days a week you're surrounded by a lot of different people for a few hours, you will definitely learn a lot more than a home school student who is more often that not alone or not around that many different people.

I disagree

Public school can be a terrible place for children with social anxiety problems

Eccentric
Ok I get that, but will a child with social anxiety problem learn MORE life skills and people skills homeschooling than a child that goes to a public school?

inimalist
Ok I get that, but will a child with social anxiety problem learn MORE life skills and people skills homeschooling than a child that goes to a public school?

no

a child with social anxiety at a young age will likely form more detrimental disorders later in life. Childhood social anxiety can be a cause of depression and many body dismorphic disorders (which lead to eating disorders/steroid use).

Social anxiety is NOT helped by forced social involvement. Maybe in SOME individuals, but that may be a split between cognitive and physiological issues.

Eccentric
Okay.

When I posted my opinion, it was based around the average child with no problems or anything like that.

inimalist
understandable

but if I wanted to get technical, what would constitute an average child? Are children with anxiety problems abnormal? lol

but I do get what you are saying. I would just say that you cannot generalize across individuals like that.

Eccentric
Yeah I know what you mean and no I wasn't insulting children with anxiety problems, I guess I meant children that could handle a public school and are comfortable in that situation.

ADarksideJedi
If the child has a learning promblem(like me)homeschooling would help them at a slow speed then any other pubic school does not have special classes.jm

FeceMan
If the child has a learning promblem(like me)
At last, confirmation of the truth.

ADarksideJedi
Night everyone!jm

Goddess Kali
JM, u made a really good point...I never thought about that...honestly...

That's why so many kids are homeschooled, because not only do they have trouble learning, but they also have trouble adapting to intense social environments....

JM, were you ever bullied ? I hope that is not too much of personal question, but it would help open my eyes some more....

Ignite
Its tough, theres the good point about learning disabilities and how much easier it would be to learn from home and at your own pace but i just think the lack of social skills wouldn't be worth it. kids need to interact and learn how to, and how to deal with things that they may come across in the future, like bullying ....i don't know , id pick public schools i think.

ADarksideJedi
Yea it is a good favor for them.Why do you pick public school over homeschooling?Just wondering!jm

Bardock42
Yea it is a good favor for them.Why do you pick public school over homeschooling?Just wondering!jm

I think he might pick it over homeschooling because the lack of social skills wouldn't be worth it. He probably thinks that kids need to interact and learn how to, and how to deal with things that they may come across in the future, like bullying.

ADarksideJedi
Don't get me wrong I would not want to homeschool for my whole life just for highschool.Sometimes where you live the highschools are awful so learning at home could be good.
I disargee however on homeschooling a child for there whole life that to me would be bad for the kid.No social life like you said would the child get.jm

botankus
I think he might pick it over homeschooling because the lack of social skills wouldn't be worth it. He probably thinks that kids need to interact and learn how to, and how to deal with things that they may come across in the future, like bullying.

I agree with this. I think that the public school system better prepares children for real-world interaction. Much more than homeschooling and Internet message boards.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
I agree with this. I think that the public school system better prepares children for real-world interaction. Much more than homeschooling and Internet message boards.

I-i didn't say it.

Goddess Kali
Every student/child is different.

Some people do not like school...some people just don't. They can't handle concentrated social enviroments, pressure from adults, peers, etc.

Bullying, Depression, Self Esteem issues, classism, discrimination, superficiality- all components of a public school education. Some students will rise above others, some will feel at the very bottom.

If I had to choose...let's say my child has a problem socializing, but a serious problem..to the point where it affects thier appetite, sleep, weight, and mentality..then yes, I would have he or she homeschooled. There's no need to push my child into that jungle.

My child can always catch up later.

Hydrono

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by botankus

Is that a hint that we don't learn anything by going on this site?jm wink That is great that works for you.Sometimes it does sometimes it does not.jm smile

Ignite
Well yeah i do think children benefit more in public schools with the social interaction.
i mean keeping them home schooled is good in some cases but they are eventually going to have to deal with people and learning on their own anyways and its best to teach them at a young age how to deal with somethings , not keeping them sheltered away.

And I'm a Girl not a guy wink

ADarksideJedi
I knew that!Sorry!jm

Ignite
lol not ur fault , think i sound like a guy n e ways stick out tongue

ADarksideJedi
Thanks Sometimes I do too!Well got to head out night!jm

doan_m
Public schooling no doubt. Best way to start development of a social life.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ignite
And I'm a Girl not a guy wink

You are not really 22, right?

botankus
Is that a hint that we don't learn anything by going on this site?jm wink

In a nutshell, yes.

ADarksideJedi
That is why we spend so much ti me on KMC so we don't learn much but still the same it is still a good site.jm

PiruBlood
public school definatley. i know alot of people that was homeschooled and they said it sucked. i mean think about it would you sit in your own house with your mom teaching you stuff without other people? i can only imagine how home school kids feel when there mothers try teaching sex edgeucation.

ADarksideJedi
I know some homeschoolers as well and they been homeschooled there whole life(can't say I argee with it)but they are fine with it and again you don't stay at your house I went to my friend's house for different subjects!
Also better your parents teaching sex class then some strangers.jm

Goddess Kali
Umm..no

I would prefer someone i didn't know that well teach me about sex, then my parents.....

ADarksideJedi
Really?Any reason why?jm

Bardock42
I know some homeschoolers as well and they been homeschooled there whole life(can't say I argee with it)but they are fine with it and again you don't stay at your house I went to my friend's house for different subjects!
Also better your parents teaching sex class then some strangers.jm

I disagree. I think sex should be taught in schools....best with practical appliance. The more gay men the better.

ADarksideJedi
That is all we need with the gays.Anyway to go back to topic.I disargee when I get married and have a child I would reather teach them myself.That is how I was bought up and to have a stranger say god knows what to my kid and you disargee with it is somthing I am not willing to happen.jm

Bardock42
That is all we need with the gays.Anyway to go back to topic.I disargee when I get married and have a child I would reather teach them myself.That is how I was bought up and to have a stranger say god knows what to my kid and you disargee with it is somthing I am not willing to happen.jm

Actually I would fancy the idea of teaching my child as well, though not because I am afraid of what might be said to them in a public school but more what not. What would be left out. What had to be dropped because there can only be a certain pace.

If you don't want your child to learn about sex or to know about evolution I find that stupid and I wish your children would get the chance to be brought up like every other reasonable person today...

Conditioning your children to be ignorant is just despicable.

ADarksideJedi
Nothing would be left out at all.It is the way I was raise up,Anyway got to go.jm

Bardock42
Nothing would be left out at all.It is the way I was raise up,Anyway got to go.jm

So, you would not tell the child that abortion is evil?

You will not tell them that it is a fact there is a God and that he wants you to do certain stuff?

You would not leave out the other sides and the truth that we can't be sure?

Would you tell them about sex about homosexuality about evolution without being biased?

ADarksideJedi
I would tell him that abortion is evil and about the birds and the bees but no why tell them about gays?I don't think it matters enough to tell them about that.jm

Ignite
Ummm No, actually I'm 21 , and the point of that question was?

ADarksideJedi
Getting abit confuse was the above comment meant for me or someone else?jm

botankus
Getting abit confuse was the above comment meant for me or someone else?jm

I finally got me, Debs, and Britrogue on JM's friend siggy list. *marks another item off '40 things to do before I die' list*

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ignite
Ummm No, actually I'm 21 , and the point of that question was?

Wondering whether you lied about your age....also why I gave your wrong age...I am scheming...but stupid.

Bardock42
I would tell him that abortion is evil and about the birds and the bees but no why tell them about gays?I don't think it matters enough to tell them about that.jm

What if your child is attracted to people of the same sex?

Robtard
What if your child is attracted to people of the same sex?

That could never happen with her child, she simply won't teach her children to be gay... duh.

ADarksideJedi
It happens to some people when that time comes I will be aready for it.Why is my age so imporant to everyone all suddenly?jm

Bardock42
It happens to some people when that time comes I will be aready for it.Why is my age so imporant to everyone all suddenly?jm Cause you lied. Who knows about what else you lied?

ADarksideJedi
Any reason why you think I lied?Jm

Bardock42
Any reason why you think I lied?Jm

You said you were 15 a year ago now you said you are like 22.

You lied. End of story.

ADarksideJedi
I did not say that I was twenty-two!I wish!Look at my profile end of your story!jm

Bardock42
I did not say that I was twenty-two!I wish!Look at my profile end of your story!jm
26 then. Doesn't change that you said you were 15 before.

See. Liar!

ADarksideJedi
Put your pant on fire? OK!JM laughing Well how old are you?And we are getting off topic.Back to topic!jm

Bardock42
Put your pant on fire? OK!JM laughing Well how old are you?And we are getting off topic.Back to topic!jm

Yes, yes, as I said, you are a liar. Why should we listen to anything you say?

ADarksideJedi
Here is a better question why should we listen to you?Ok back to topic if you don't have anything more to say about homeschooling then don't brother to comment.If you do comment then I will ignore!Get it?got it?Good!jm

Bardock42
Here is a better question why should we listen to you?Ok back to topic if you don't have anything more to say about homeschooling then don't brother to comment.If you do comment then I will ignore!Get it?got it?Good!jm

You are still a liar.

And that is a problem with homeschooling. Liars, like you, could make up lies (like you often do) and teach them to their children thereby rasing them to be liars (like you are one), too.

Homeschooling can be good, but when people like you do it or get taught it isn't. Because there are just more and more stupid and ignorant people created, that, frankly, should have been aborted.

Oh....is that why you are agains abortion? So there are more of you?

ADarksideJedi
Back to topic!jm

Bardock42
Back to topic!jm

That is that topic you uneducated yahoo!

ADarksideJedi
Keep it up and you will be reported!Got to go.jm

Bardock42
Keep it up and you will be reported!Got to go.jm

I am actually replying to your topic while you are off-topic commenting on my replies. You should just shut up or contribute to the topic. though I would prefer one ad two will never happen anyways.

I will repeat it for you again though, cause you were homeschooled (brainwashed) and apparently are not up to the task to follow a point.

Homeschooling can be a good thing, but it is oftentimes used by parenst who don't want their children to be exposed to certain philosophies or even cold hard facts, in which case it seems wrong to me.

ADarksideJedi
Say what you want you been reported.Actly you could do the same and stop responding with flaming.I did not invist you into this topic you have no reason to say what you say.
U just don't like me and that does not mean that you can say what you want and that is all.Just let it go!jm

Bardock42
Say what you want you been reported.Actly you could do the same and stop responding with flaming.I did not invist you into this topic you have no reason to say what you say.
U just don't like me and that does not mean that you can say what you want and that is all.Just let it go!jm

You have no authority.

Now, reply to my point or STFU.

Schecter
lol@this whole page laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Parttime Ninja
Originally posted by KharmaDog

Though I agree about the spelling. What you said about homeschooling is wrong. Infact you couldn't be more wrong. How do I know? I have been homeschooled from 2nd to 10th grade and the graduated earlier.

People say that if you're homeschooled you'll harm your social skills. Bullshit. First off, besides lunch period and (in elementary) recess, you don't get to talk to anyone. So for about 45-60 minutes a day you talk to these kids. Well I can honestly tell you that I had more friends homeschooled than I did the two years of school I took.

Just because you're homeschooled, doesn't mean you don't have friends. You have friends in your neighborhood, when you're a kid you have to join a local gym (mine was the YMCA) and take PE there, which has kids. And* there are homeschooled meetings you can go to, meet new kids, go on field trips, and* they even have a prom.

JM is definitely giving us homeschoolers a bad name. As you can see yourself my grammar and spelling and rather good. I graduated 2 years early because they thought that it would be more beneficial to me if I began college early. And it was.

~Bun Bun~

I have been public schooled my whole life but the only thing I can think of about homeschooling is that you learn more in a shorter time period.

You say you were a loner already but homeschooling IMO could cause a kid to become soicaly retarted. (not being able to deal with people)

Maybe in highschool its not so bad but "socicaly" for a kid to go threw it I don't think its a good idea at all.

Okay I mean sure I have heard your can be more smarter when your homeschooled but if you don't know how to deal with people, minortiys or even certin situations that in public schools your put threw i don't know how you can get very far in life.

inimalist
Originally posted by Parttime Ninja

People say that if you're homeschooled you'll harm your social skills. Bullshit. First off, besides lunch period and (in elementary) recess, you don't get to talk to anyone. So for about 45-60 minutes a day you talk to these kids. Well I can honestly tell you that I had more friends homeschooled than I did the two years of school I took.

not disagreeing with anything you have said, BUT:

The major social advantages of the public system may not come from the fact that you get more friends, they come from the fact that in the public system you are exposed to the diversity that is society.

This isn't to say anything personal against you, but in a homeschool environment, it is very possible for the parents to insulate their children from other cultures. There are issues of xenophobia and racism that can arise simply from these children having less exposure to those of a different race that they would have in school. Just having a minority in your class as an equal does a lot psychologically for a student.

Of course this is nowhere near as important as the parents and local culture's attitudes toward race, it is just something I thought could be thrown out there.

Bardock42
I think the social argumetn is bullshit. It's not like you have nothing to do with anyone....and even then...people your age are overrated.

Hydrono

inimalist

ADarksideJedi
Neither is public school?What school is perfect?jm

Alliance
Public school is a hell of a lot more perfect than homeschool.

ADarksideJedi
Really?With all the bomb threats and school shooting I would not say it is not safer then homeschooling!night.jm

Alliance
Id rather risk being one of 50 people shot in school shooting than risk being a dumbass for the rest of my life.

Try learning, its a great alternative to brainwashing.

Nellinator
Homeschooling does not equal brainwashing. Most homeschooling programs are secular from what I have seen.

Alliance
Yes, however...ahem...there are clear instances where it is not.

Nellinator
Yes, however...ahem...there are clear instances where it is not. True, but let's keep the generalizing to the minimum as 'tis unfair to those that turned out well.

Alliance
What is "well"? Acceptable? I think it does a sever disservice to children who one day hope to enter and function in a society.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Nellinator
True, but let's keep the generalizing to the minimum as 'tis unfair to those that turned out well.

Not that public school does not brainwash you in believing certain stuff.How is homeschooling brainwashing anyway?There is no proof al we have is your imature words that it is brainwashing it is no cult!jm roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Comming from the girl who had her textbooks "edited" by a Christian program her parents made up.

ADarksideJedi
My parents did not make it up!Look up online "School of Tomorrow" it is a homeschooled program and it exist!If you dont' look it up then that is your choice but that does not make you right never the less!jm

Schecter
whatever the case JM, you were cheated and should rage against whomever stunted and eliminated your chances of scholastic achievement. be pissed off, because you have the right to be. but to sit there and act proud of this 'education' is like thanking someone for hacking your legs off.

ADarksideJedi
I learn alot and I am going to keep saying that.You have no idea my grades or anything.Just because someone has promblems learning it does not give any other person to judge that person base on that.Anywho I got to go hiking too nice to be stuck indoors all day!JM

Schecter
I learn alot and I am going to keep saying that.You have no idea my grades or anything.Just because someone has promblems learning it does not give any other person to judge that person base on that.Anywho I got to go hiking too nice to be stuck indoors all day!JM

your grades mean nothing. they are nothing more than superficial milestones in what appears to be an education lacking in fundamental english and history from what i read here, and presumably math and science as well. (proof being that you understand only half of what i just said.) this should make you upset JM, not happily oblivious

you have been stunted and hobbled. maybe you wouldnt have excelled in a decent system of education, regardless (public/private/home school) but the fact is you were robbed of that chance. i suspect you feel accomplished and comfortable with the ease of your 'education' as any kid would have, but the fact is you were cheated.

Alliance
My parents did not make it up!Look up online "School of Tomorrow" it is a homeschooled program and it exist!If you dont' look it up then that is your choice but that does not make you right never the less!jm

The first site that came up was "Accelerated Christian Education"...whcih is exactly my point.

So I'm sorry your parents didn't make it up, but my point still stands.

RedAlertv2
Public schools give a less biased education, and greater social skills

Alliance
And encourage co-operative learning.

Regret
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Public schools give a less biased education, and greater social skills laughing laughing

There is no such thing, the lack of any religious perspective is not less biased, it is the other end of the biased spectrum.

Nellinator
What is "well"? Acceptable? I think it does a sever disservice to children who one day hope to enter and function in a society. Well, is educated to the same level or better than public system would. Once again, that depends on what other social interactions the child has and can be no disadvantage at all. In public schools some kids become isolated and are set back socially, does that mean that the public system handicaps its students? No, homeschooling is at higher risk, but most parents understand the importance of social interaction and will have their kids in sports, or music, or a religious assembly, etc. Most homeschooled kids turn out just fine.

FeceMan
maybe you wouldnt have excelled in a decent system of education
I misread that. I wish you had said "you would have."

Storm
School of Tomorrow

Schecter
Originally posted by FeceMan
I misread that. I wish you had said "you would have."

yeah, i took the long road, but it still worked

inimalist
Originally posted by Nellinator
Well, is educated to the same level or better than public system would. Once again, that depends on what other social interactions the child has and can be no disadvantage at all. In public schools some kids become isolated and are set back socially, does that mean that the public system handicaps its students? No, homeschooling is at higher risk, but most parents understand the importance of social interaction and will have their kids in sports, or music, or a religious assembly, etc. Most homeschooled kids turn out just fine.

thumb up

your grades mean nothing. they are nothing more than superficial milestones in what appears to be an education lacking in fundamental english and history from what i read here, and presumably math and science as well. (proof being that you understand only half of what i just said.) this should make you upset JM, not happily oblivious

you have been stunted and hobbled. maybe you wouldnt have excelled in a decent system of education, regardless (public/private/home school) but the fact is you were robbed of that chance. i suspect you feel accomplished and comfortable with the ease of your 'education' as any kid would have, but the fact is you were cheated.

thumb up thumb up

Originally posted by Regret

the lack of any religious perspective is not less biased

it is when the class is called "science"

Schecter
most. upsetting. thread. ever.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Storm
School of Tomorrow

Thanks storm!jm smile

Devil King
Thanks storm!jm smile

Thanks? Thanks for what? Thanks for being a moderator, or thanks for not banning my ass?

ADarksideJedi
Thanks for the link!Nothing to do with you!jm

Shelbert Lemon
I like public school better. happy

ADarksideJedi
Do you any reasons why?jm

Kram3r
I don't attend nor have I ever and most likely never attend a public school. However, I think that it's vital that children, teenagers, whatever grow up in some sort of school. Just seems healthy for people to interact regardless of whether you're at the bottom of the food chain or up. Honestly, home school kind of creeps me out. erm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>