Nova vs. Stardust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Current Nova (Richard Ryder) vs. Stardust

llagrok
I don't think it's possible to actually destroy Stardust, since he can just pull himself together. I think he mentioned that during the stormbreaker saga.

Nova might find a way to stop him with the super computer though.

Nova 6/10

Loot
stardust

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Current Nova (Richard Ryder) vs. Stardust

nova

TricksterPriest
W/e the nova force and the world mind, he's got a shot. Let's give the dude some credit, he did kill Annihilus afterall.

I think Stardust probably has a major power advantage though. Not to mention that he probably is unkillable.

Stardust 6-7/10.

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
W/e the nova force and the world mind, he's got a shot. Let's give the dude some credit, he did kill Annihilus afterall.

I think Stardust probably has a major power advantage though. Not to mention that he probably is unkillable.

Stardust 6-7/10.

nova is badass now

Mider999
nobody is giving nova credit almost in this thread they think superman would kick his butt, and yet id hope he's stronger then the surfer now, Nova basically is above herald level isnt he, he's the parallax of MU since he has all the nova corps powers through im sure the nova corps aint nothing compared to the GL corps from what ive read.

DigiMark007
Um, the upgrade is kind of a joke guys. He got the knowledge of the central computer....I don't think it was the combined power of every Nova.

Anyway, he was saying how the heralds were clearly more powerful than him during Annihilation. I doubt that's changed.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Um, the upgrade is kind of a joke guys. He got the knowledge of the central computer....I don't think it was the combined power of every Nova.

Anyway, he was saying how the heralds were clearly more powerful than him during Annihilation. I doubt that's changed.

For once I can actually correct YOU for a change. It did say he got the entire nova force and the power of all the novas. It says it on-panel, the worldmind itself declares it.

But yeah, the heralds are a class above him.

DigiMark007
For once I can actually correct YOU for a change. It did say he got the entire nova force and the power of all the novas. It says it on-panel, the worldmind itself declares it.

Eh, ok ( for a change though.... stick out tongue ). But yeah, he's still < heralds by all accounts.

Redatom65
if Atom can't beat him, then Nova doesn't

celestialdemon
Stardust wins. Nova might be able to beat a low-end herald, but he's not beating someone as good as Stardust.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think Nova can beat Stardust. It might take a while but Ryder can win.

Skeets
What's Nova gonna do to Stardust? Punch it? use his mediocre energy attacks?
Stardust Curb stomps him every single time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Skeets
What's Nova gonna do to Stardust? Punch it? use his mediocre energy attacks?
Stardust Curb stomps him every single time.

If you read the New Warriors Series, you would know that Nova pre Upgrade was Very powerful at using his energy blast when he did it right. I'd give him a lil more credit against stardust. prolly 7/10 in Stardust favor.

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
nova is badass now

Not as badass as you.

CasanoVa
Ok, bit of sexual tension between llagrok & guy22.. I'm gonna break that up a little by saying:

Stardust 9/10, there's nothing Richard can actually do to him that Stardust can't handle or can't come back from. Physical attacks do shit all to him, and the energy that Nova controls would be easily manipulated by Stardust.

But Nova gets one from sheer dumb luck erm

llagrok

HE ripped out Annihilus' intestines when he was without his quantum bands.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by llagrok
HE ripped out Annihilus' intestines when he was without his quantum bands.

What is there about "physical attacks won't hurt him" you don't understand? Must I go all the way to Beta Ray Bill: Stormbreaker to show you the physical beating BRB was giving him that pretty much achieved nothing?

Mider999
ok what was so deadly about annihilus if he wasnt even above a damn herald, he beat nova and quasar so what now quasar and nova are both below surfer?

llagrok
Originally posted by CasanoVa
What is there about "physical attacks won't hurt him" you don't understand? Must I go all the way to Beta Ray Bill: Stormbreaker to show you the physical beating BRB was giving him that pretty much achieved nothing?

You need to cool your engines. I was just saying that Nova didn't exactly defeat annihilus on his own. And Stardust ****ed up pretty badly during the Stormbreaker comic, nearly doomed the entire universe.

But yeah, Stardust would win eventually.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Mider999
ok what was so deadly about annihilus if he wasnt even above a damn herald, he beat nova and quasar so what now quasar and nova are both below surfer?

'Cause he had the cosmic rod and alot of bugs

llagrok
'Cause he had the cosmic rod and alot of bugs

even more than alot! =D

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
If Nova is ever able to access the Xandarian Woldmind properly he would win. Supernova who was not the total embodiment of the core beat the Avengers (including Thor) and Firelord. The Sphinx when he merely tapped the worldmind stealing its knowledge was able to face off with Galactus himself. So with the Worldminds full potential the answer is yes. At present the answer is no. The Worldmind grants access to the full Nova Force it gave the other corp members access.

His Airness
Stardust 7/10

Tenebrous

Nova beat annihilus after phyla took the quantum bands from him. Nova beat annihilus after he was caught in ground zero of a blast from a very weak Galactus that still destroyed at the very least, 3 star systems (and each star system has at least two solar systems in it) as well as vaporizing a watcher.

Nova was left for dead after his battle with annihilus. he had to be rehabilitated.

Silver Surfer defeated the proemal gods, Tenebrous and Aegis, by himself.

Silver Surfer was left for dead after his battle with tenebrous and aegis and had to be rehabilitated.

It's clear who is more powerful. It's always been that way.

CasanoVa
You know what you said there, really didn't make it that clear messed

The answer we were actually looking for was "Silver Sufer is more powerful than Nova, but not if Nova accesses the full Nova force". Thanks for playing, you win a signed T-Shirt and a kiss from our local stud-muffin: xmeat.

Heh stick out tongue

Tenebrous
You know what you said there, really didn't make it that clear messed

The answer we were actually looking for was "Silver Sufer is more powerful than Nova, but not if Nova accesses the full Nova force". Thanks for playing, you win a signed T-Shirt and a kiss from our local stud-muffin: xmeat.

Heh stick out tongue

It's not clear to you because you apparently play around with nonsense too much. As penance you must go to a zoo and watch monkeys furiously penetrate each other.

The correct answer is "Silver surfer is more powerful than Nova, before he had access to the full Nova force and after he has access to the full Nova force."

Should I really explain why? I'll make a thread just for this purpose.

manorastroman
i think there was a brief mention that the worldmind wasn't allowing richard ryder to access the full nova force, because it would drive him insane/kill him. this is probably why ryder is fighting iron man instead of galactus.

Mider999
you didnt mention that surfer won by total PIS did you? He channeld an UBER energy source that not even galactus could handle for a long time to defeat tenebrious, and where does it say Nova is below heralds, he's a cosmic character endowed with new the entire corps of cosmic characters how can he be below the surfer. He can and does defeat any herald at his current status and if he doesnt then its pure PIS. The guy should be uber powerful or why bother with the upgrade its like thor getting odin's powers as an upgrade and thor goeing oh wow now i can do a few extra things i could before. NO now thor could walk up to thanos and start beating the crap out of him and know that he's probably win.

manorastroman
you didnt mention that surfer won by total PIS did you? He channeld an UBER energy source that not even galactus could handle for a long time to defeat tenebrious, and where does it say Nova is below heralds, he's a cosmic character endowed with new the entire corps of cosmic characters how can he be below the surfer. He can and does defeat any herald at his current status and if he doesnt then its pure PIS. The guy should be uber powerful or why bother with the upgrade its like thor getting odin's powers as an upgrade and thor goeing oh wow now i can do a few extra things i could before. NO now thor could walk up to thanos and start beating the crap out of him and know that he's probably win.

what the **** are you talking about???

Mider999
im saying that the nova corps upgrade should make him above any herald and surfer won by total PIS means or didnt you read the comic, He taped into a source of power not even galactus could handle to defeat aiegis and tenebris if thats not PIS i dont know what is.

Mider999
I also said that if the upgrade was so lame why bother giving it to him, thats like thor getting his upgrade to skyfather and it being nothing but a tiny thing.

manorastroman
Originally posted by manorastroman
what the **** are you talking about???

AcousticDoc
So if a world sent an SOS because a herald was scoping their planet for the Big G, the corps would just ignore it since their entire force pales to one herald?

TricksterPriest
The balance isn't that bad. But it does pale before Galactus. It's one thing to beat a herald. It's another to take on Galactus himself. If the corp kills one of his active heralds, he'll be quite pissed. I'm not sure how he feels about the heralds who have left his service, but I can see him blowing up the Nova HQ in retaliation for trying to stop his feeding.

Tenebrous

First of all, what proof do you have that current nova "can and does" defeat any herald at his current status?

Should we go back through annihilation and compare the herald feats to nova's?

In annihilation #1, what happened when current nova orders the gun battery's of the united front's main fortress to fire at his position, hopefully destroying annihilus' forces in the process? End result...he gets knocked out, his leg gets cut off, and he needs to be rescued.

Firelord engages a fleet of annihilus' ships, directly assaults the flag ship, and incapacitiates the queen. He is knocked out in the process. Nova's leg gets cut off from cannon fire, Firelord battles an orbital fleet and captures one of annihilus' queens.

Nova repeatedly stated throughout annihilation that each herald has enough firepower to stop an army. Nova repeatedly stated that alone, out of all of the united front, only the heralds can match ravanous' power.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Tenebrous
It's not clear to you because you apparently play around with nonsense too much. As penance you must go to a zoo and watch monkeys furiously penetrate each other.

The correct answer is "Silver surfer is more powerful than Nova, before he had access to the full Nova force and after he has access to the full Nova force."

Should I really explain why? I'll make a thread just for this purpose.

He has full access to the Nova force, doesn't mean he uses the whole force.

And stop being an arse, "nonsense"? it's an internet forum, it's not exactly going to be serious now is it? Stop being so damned anal.

Mider999
Right what feats has galactus ever shown to be above surfer, i mean it was surfer who defeated tenebrious and aiegis, wasnt it, so i guess according to you just cause nova didnt do nothing above a herald that he's below a herald, such as when galactus most of the time has feats lower then his herald the surfer does that make the surfer higher then galactus NO.

Why would marvel bother killing off the entire nova corps and then endow the entire corps's power to one guy if he's just gonna get some tiny boost of power, sounds like a waiste, they could have just made him the last nova, no extra power, just in annihilation, like drax, and super skrull.

WorldWarHulk
Galactus that still destroyed at the very least, 3 star systems (and each star system has at least two solar systems in it) as well as vaporizing a watcher.
When did he do this to a Watcher?
Right what feats has galactus ever shown to be above surfer, i mean it was surfer who defeated tenebrious and aiegis, wasnt it, so i guess according to you just cause nova didnt do nothing above a herald that he's below a herald, such as when galactus most of the time has feats lower then his herald the surfer does that make the surfer higher then galactus NO.

Why would marvel bother killing off the entire nova corps and then endow the entire corps's power to one guy if he's just gonna get some tiny boost of power, sounds like a waiste, they could have just made him the last nova, no extra power, just in annihilation, like drax, and super skrull. He has many feats that put him above Surfer...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/419848_1-galactus-and-heralds-respect-thread

Tenebrous
He has full access to the Nova force, doesn't mean he uses the whole force.

And stop being an arse, "nonsense"? it's an internet forum, it's not exactly going to be serious now is it? Stop being so damned anal.

And now we see internet influence at it's best. I write one phrase and you come back with rectal descriptions scattered everywhere throughout your post. Just couldn't get that imagery out of your mind huh? guess you're pretty frustrated.

CasanoVa
And now we see internet influence at it's best. I write one phrase and you come back with rectal descriptions scattered everywhere throughout your post. Just couldn't get that imagery out of your mind huh? guess you're pretty frustrated.

Oh my, how amusing you are!

How intelluctual!

Deary me, aren't you a hypocrite?

You started the disgusting imagery friend, I did nothing but follow your lead. And you didn't write "one phrase", don't lie.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
When did he do this to a Watcher?
He has many feats that put him above Surfer...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/419848_1-galactus-and-heralds-respect-thread

After Galactus releases the pulse wave, Surfer rides ahead of the blast and says "Behold, Annihilus, the power of Galactus."

We then see several little scenes depicting Gamora, and others seeing the blast. Within one of the scenes we see a watcher observing the blast, the next scene immediately following the watcher is reduced to a skeleton and his surroundings totally obliterated by galactus' wave.

andy schmidt (editor of annihilation) confirmed in a post at cbr forums that the bald figure was indeed a watcher, as there were some uncertainties initially.

Mider999
so basically the Nova Corps was nothing.........they couldnt really help the universe if they tried

WorldWarHulk
After Galactus releases the pulse wave, Surfer rides ahead of the blast and says "Behold, Annihilus, the power of Galactus."

We then see several little scenes depicting Gamora, and others seeing the blast. Within one of the scenes we see a watcher observing the blast, the next scene immediately following the watcher is reduced to a skeleton and his surroundings totally obliterated by galactus' wave.

andy schmidt (editor of annihilation) confirmed in a post at cbr forums that the bald figure was indeed a watcher, as there were some uncertainties initially. Sweet ass, thanks.
I'm going to look back at it, obviously overlooked that part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.