Kyle Rayner versus Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/41000/40431/26491-ion_400.jpg versus http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/12000/11202/42341-hal-jordan_400.jpg

Entity
Kyle!
Every, Single, Time.

btw: Thats also my favorite GL suit he's wearing in that pic.
His classic white Ion suit is cooler thou. stick out tongue

masterbruce
Originally posted by Entity
Kyle!
Every, Single, Time.

btw: Thats also my favorite GL suit he's wearing in that pic.
His classic white Ion suit is cooler thou. stick out tongue

so Kyle is more powerful than Hal...cuz Hal is more experienced, right?

Who has more willpower?

pr1983
are these just as GL's?

if so, then Hal...

masterbruce
Originally posted by pr1983
are these just as GL's?

if so, then Hal...

yes, just as GLs, not as Ion or Parallax.

Entity
Originally posted by masterbruce
so Kyle is more powerful than Hal...cuz Hal is more experienced, right?

Who has more willpower? Kyle is better than Hal because:
A. He has loads more imagination than Hal
B. He had no training and held his own just fine with a GL ring.
C. He fought as a GL just fine with no help from the GLC.
D. He became even more powerful then Hal did as Parallax and yet had the will not to become corrupt.
E. Didn't always save the day with either a giant ball, bat, or glove.
F. He was the torch bearer for the entire GLC.
G. He overcomes great fear all the time. Where as Hal has none to over come, so no challange for Hal.
H. All of the Above. cool

masterbruce
Kyle is better than Hal because:
D. He became even more powerful then Hal did as Parallax and yet had the will not to become corrupt.
G. He overcomes great fear all the time. Where as Hal has none to over come, so no challange for Hal.

sorry, don't quite buy your reasoning.

Who has better feats as GLs?

Entity
Hal ever held a black hole in his hand?

Honestly I don't know that he has but I do know for a fact that Kyle did!
As Green Lantern and not Ion. FYI

masterbruce
Hal ever held a black hole in his hand?

Honestly I don't know that he has but I do know for a fact that Kyle did!
As Green Lantern and not Ion. FYI

that is impressive indeed...I don't even see Galactus holding a black hole in his hand!

let's see if anyone can bring a Hal feat to top that.

Redatom65
board has more kyle fans than Hal, regardless, Hal should win...should...

pr1983
yes, just as GLs, not as Ion or Parallax.

Hal... more experience, more willpower imo...

i don't think thats true... sure kyle is more creative, but hal's constructs, while simpler in design, are equally as effective imo... and besides, its the willpower behind the ring that counts... stick out tongue

how does that relate? with training hal took on almost the entire corps, and sinestro and succeeded... if anything him having training is an advantage...

kyle didn't have parallax infesting him... wink

the shape of the construct doesnt matter, only how its used...

true, though who's to say hal couldnt have?

again... parallax... when guy, kyle, kilowog and john were down, hal alone stood and held off parallax till they recovered...

i'm not doubting kyle, i just think that when it comes to green lanterns, hal is top dog...

and yes i popped online for a sec... stick out tongue

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hal Jordan is the greatest GL ever. But Kyle is right up there. If Hal had the Parallax power, then its a no contest. Kyle ftw.

Endless Mike
I'm going to have to say Hal wins this. I like Kyle better as a character, but if you look at their feats, experience, and battle prowess, Hal just seems more impressive.

guy222
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/41000/40431/26491-ion_400.jpg versus http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/12000/11202/42341-hal-jordan_400.jpg

hal

Skeets
Hal would always be #1

kevdude
Hal wins. If they ever again kill Hal I could see Kyle taking over permanently next time shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl
Kyle has rebuilt Heaven's ladder for the quantum Mechanics, Held a big hang, and Created the Cosmic Being Oblvion from his will. Kyle seems to be a bit better than Hal. Hal Has some impressive feats as well. I Gotta go with Kyle tho. For 5.5/10 for his sheer imagination and skill displays with the JLA. He really never let Superman show him up like Hal tends to do.

Tazer
Yo.

1) imagination only looks good on paper; making a horse riding knight or giant powerd armor doesnt make the construct more effective than a giant boxing glove or crowbar.

2) U realize that even ppl who've NEVER been traind as a GL have done great feats w/it right?? such as Ice, Tom, the list goes on.......its kinda hard to screw up using a device thats as user-friendly as the GL-rings have historically been shown to be.

3) he STUMBLED thru a great number of his earlier fight, and I cant tell ya how many times he had to be told he held "the most powerful weapon of the universe".....

4) hey, watever works. be it powered armor or giant bat; if it works, then it works.

5) Guy couldve been the TB but turned it down; that Kyle ended up doing so means nothing since its not a task he choose to bear.

6) wat "great fear" has Kyle overcome?? aside from dealing with his mom, I didnt see any.....

Tazer

Estacado
Hal FTW though I like Kyle better.

Soljer
I see these two as equals, over all. 5/10 to each.

batdude123
Dead even split, imo.

CasanoVa
Guy pwns them both.

I tend to lean more to Kyle, but I agree it would definetly be very even.

batdude123
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Guy pwns them both.

And Batman pwns Guy. stick out tongue

CasanoVa
Originally posted by batdude123
And Batman pwns Guy. stick out tongue

cool that goes without saying my friend.

Validus
If you said 5/10 split, you are correct. Congratulations.

His Airness
Originally posted by Validus

5/10 smile

Skeets
Yeah,right.Hal beats him 6-7/10 why?Because he's Hal Mother****ing Jordan.
Hal will always be the Corps #1 where as Kyle needs some ridiculous power up to be significant...131 Uhuh...

Validus
Your brand of funny does not amuse me.

Skeets
Your brand of funny does not amuse me.
It wasn't a "funny" it was a factual statement...Peaches.

Validus
Still not amused Mr. Biscuits.

Skeets
Oh and Geoff Johns thinks Hal's #1 as well.
Geoff Johns=DCU.

batdude123
Originally posted by Skeets
Geoff Johns=DCU.

It's hard to argue with that logic.

CasanoVa
Well.. erm... Hal's a paedo.

jrodslam
Im gonna say Hal slightly, but due to experience. 6/10. But that would be against most of the top 5 imo.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Well.. erm... Hal's a paedo.

Didn't they retcon that whole thing?

Skeets
Originally posted by jrodslam
Im gonna say Hal slightly, but due to experience. 6/10. But that would be against most of the top 5 imo.
And will power of course...

here's something pretty cool.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6015/alan31powefulenoughro1.jpg
Alan Scott,begging Corrigan to be Spectre's host because he's the only soul with the willpower to keep him in check.
And a few issues later Hal becomes the Host...13

Endless Mike
That was Michael Demiurgos, right?

Yet more proof that Vertigo is canon to the main DCU.

jrodslam
And will power of course...

here's something pretty cool.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6015/alan31powefulenoughro1.jpg
Alan Scott,begging Corrigan to be Spectre's host because he's the only soul with the willpower to keep him in check.
And a few issues later Hal becomes the Host...13

Kyle does have some pretty impressive willpower feats. For instance in Rebirth, it was Kyle being the only one that fought off Parallax's control. Every other member of the top 5 have already fell victim to it.

pr1983
Kyle does have some pretty impressive willpower feats. For instance in Rebirth, it was Kyle being the only one that fought off Parallax's control. Every other member of the top 5 have already fell victim to it.

true, though when parallax consumed ganthet, and took down all but hal, it was hal who kept him at bay as long as was needed...

to this day i love that shot of parallax bearing down on hal, and yet hal is holding his own, refusing to give up...

jrodslam
true, though when parallax consumed ganthet, and took down all but hal, it was hal who kept him at bay as long as was needed...

to this day i love that shot of parallax bearing down on hal, and yet hal is holding his own, refusing to give up...

True. However, you must keep in mind that Kyle was in a severe ship crash and fought Sinestro. Also, Ganthellax blinded John, downed Kilowog, Burned Guy from the inside out and made Kyle deaf. It appears as if Ganthellax didnt do anything to Hal at all.

Plus he HAD to be the last one remaining. It was all about his rebirth. It HAD to be Hal to rally the troops.

pr1983
True. However, you must keep in mind that Kyle was in a severe ship crash and fought Sinestro. Also, Ganthellax blinded John, downed Kilowog, Burned Guy from the inside out and made Kyle deaf. It appears as if Ganthellax didnt do anything to Hal at all.

Plus he HAD to be the last one remaining. It was all about his rebirth. It HAD to be Hal to rally the troops.

maybe, but if i was writing it regardless, and i had to pick one guy to be the last one standing and rally the troops, it'd be hal every time...

and yeah, props to kyle for lasting as long as he did, given how long he'd been gone...

in fairness to jordan too tho, he'd been dead/spectre for years, and was barely back to being a gl when he had to fight sinestro, and he did a pretty good job imo...

jrodslam
maybe, but if i was writing it regardless, and i had to pick one guy to be the last one standing and rally the troops, it'd be hal every time...

and yeah, props to kyle for lasting as long as he did, given how long he'd been gone...

in fairness to jordan too tho, he'd been dead/spectre for years, and was barely back to being a gl when he had to fight sinestro, and he did a pretty good job imo...

True, true. Hal and Guy are my two favorites. 8 times out of ten, almost any writer would have Hal as the last Lantern standing. I personally think it almost a law.

Yea, fr Kyle to last as long as he did was impressive on its own. I mean technically, Sinestro was suppose to be the beast Lantern ever.

Also, not to take anything away from Hal, but eventhough hes been dead allthese years, hes still been active. Even as Spectre, he was using alot of his powers in but G a Lantern way. He did do a good job against Sin when he reeally came back. You could tell he was a bit rusty though. Hal rocks.

Juntai
Hal took out Alex Nero tapping into ION's power.
>.>

Juntai
And lets not forget the time travel escapades that put a rookie Hal Jordan against Hal/Parallax.. . . . And GL Hal Jordan won.

pr1983
True, true. Hal and Guy are my two favorites. 8 times out of ten, almost any writer would have Hal as the last Lantern standing. I personally think it almost a law.

Yea, fr Kyle to last as long as he did was impressive on its own. I mean technically, Sinestro was suppose to be the beast Lantern ever.

Also, not to take anything away from Hal, but eventhough hes been dead allthese years, hes still been active. Even as Spectre, he was using alot of his powers in but G a Lantern way. He did do a good job against Sin when he reeally came back. You could tell he was a bit rusty though. Hal rocks.

yeah... his solo series is awesome too...

Originally posted by Juntai
And lets not forget the time travel escapades that put a rookie Hal Jordan against Hal/Parallax.. . . . And GL Hal Jordan won.

i'd heard that too...

Validus

I'm not impressed. Technically, Parallax had been beating Hal's ass for years. stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Hal took out Alex Nero tapping into ION's power.
>.>
He temporarily downed Nero. Kyle showed up and took him out for good.

Validus
Geoff Johns=DCU.
It was Geoff who called Kyle the GLC's golden boy.

batdude123

That was in Recharge, right?

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
That was in Recharge, right?
Something like that.

batdude123
Something like that.

Yeah it was.

PS: I HATED Morrison's Kyle Rayner. Did anyone else notice how he made him like a f*ck surfer dude? He said "man" every third word. mad

Tazer
Yo.

ummm....he fought him off by NOT USING HIS RING.

whe yur not actively being atk'd by any1, thats really not too hard a thing to do.

Tazer

jrodslam
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

ummm....he fought him off by NOT USING HIS RING.

whe yur not actively being atk'd by any1, thats really not too hard a thing to do.

Tazer

Thats my whole point Tazer. Kyle had enough willpower to ignore Parallax and not use the ring.erm

And he was in a crash thus was experiencing much pain....

Kyle: "My instinct cries out, a harness for your dislocated shoulder. Sutres for the cuts in your flesh. Sketch them in your head, draw over reality, and make the pain go away. But i grind my teeth and swallow my blood and deal with it....."

Kyle: "It'd be so easy to force my will into it. So easy to feel...better. But i cant."

Also, you seem to have forgot that Kilowog attacked Kyle, but Kyle never even put up a shield or fought back. Then when Kyle was forced to use the ring for protection, Parallax was trying to take control of him as well, but he still fought it off.

So back to my point in saying that it took Kyle a great deal of willpower to fight Parallax off and not using the ring. And even when he did use it, he still was able to fight Parallax off.

Bentley
I think its a little off that a GL can beat someone channeling Ion.

starlock
Kyle for the win

I go way back being as old as i am, and i say solid majority to kyle
7/10

chomperx9
Jordan

Mindset
I'm not impressed. Technically, Parallax had been beating Hal's ass for years. stick out tongue Originally posted by Validus
He temporarily downed Nero. Kyle showed up and took him out for good. Originally posted by Validus

http://i50.tinypic.com/2mhy89i.jpg

Val, in all his glory. Let me cry manly tears.

Kyle wins 10/10

Batman-Prime
Hal, 8/10!!!

Slaanesh
Hal..he's the best GL ever..

aztec
Originally posted by Mindset
http://i50.tinypic.com/2mhy89i.jpg

Val, in all his glory. Let me cry manly tears.

Kyle wins 10/10

You big baby, you make me sick!! stick out tongue

Pff Hal is by far superior to Rayner, Stewart, Scott or Gardner!!

Mindset
At sucking dickand being a shitty gl.

aztec
Originally posted by Mindset
At sucking dick

Are we talking about you or Kyle? evil face

Mindset
Actually, Hal.

Get those balls out of your field of vision so you can read.

psycho gundam
do they both have green power rings for this or what?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Kyle Rayner.

Hyperion Prime
Kyle Rayner 8/10

Prep-Man
Didn't Hal already stalemate Kyle? Ion 2 and before?

Mindset
Hal never stalemated Ion2.

Bentley
Kyle 8/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.