TPM Obi-Wan vs TPM Qui-Gon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
This is Obi-Wan when he is as pissed as he was against Darth Maul after he had killed Qui-Gon. Sword battle and passive force usage only.

Just curious and bored.

Superguy
Qui Gon has years more experience and Force power... 8/10 QGJ.

darthsith19
I still say that Qui-Gon probably takes this, even though Kenobi is pissed off. Pissed off Kenobi was roughly on Par with Maul for around forty seconds (then he got pushed into the pit). Qui-Gon only lasted slightly over 30 seconds against Maul, but Maul caught him off guard by hitting him in the face with his double bladed lightsaber hilt. Kenobi won't be able to do that, I dunno, it would be really close but I'm thinking that Qui-Gon could likely hold off Kenobi until Kenobi gets tired, and then win. Cause in pissed off state Kenobi gets tired quickly, after he cut Maul's saber in 2 and then Maul started to slowly regain the upper hand, that was when Kenobi was starting to get tired. So yeah.

jollyjim311
"Obi Wan was not yet his equal." -TPM Novelization.

Qui Gon has this. He has more skill, is more proficient with a lightsaber, and taught Obi Wan everything he knows.

Riverollv
Exactly. It would be something similar to the final RoTs battle (Kenobi v.s. Skywalker). Obviously Kenbi beat him because he knew his movements, his reactions, his attacks, his defenses, he trained him so he knew exactly how to battle him. I think Qui-Gon takes this becuz, first of all, in RoTs Anakin was more powerful than Kenobi and Kenobi (knowing everything about his moves) still beat him, and I believe Qui-Gon in TPM is actually as skilled as Kenobi or more, both in the Force and in saber combat.

vader11
Qui Gon wins. Obiwan won't use dark side against him.

Apollo Cloud
Obi-Wan wins, in that state, he'd be too hot for Jinn to handle.

Janus X
Dear Apollo Cloud.

Originally posted by jollyjim311
"Obi Wan was not yet his equal." -TPM Novelization.

Qui Gon has this. He has more skill, is more proficient with a lightsaber, and taught Obi Wan everything he knows.

big grin

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, and what? That quote wasn't taking into account the powerup Obi gets when tapping into the darkside, the same Obi-Wan that put Maul on the defencive, and had him running away like a b1tch, and yeah, that's the same Maul who dominated and owned a fully revitalised Qui-Gon in 30 seconds flat.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, and what? That quote wasn't taking into account the powerup Obi gets when tapping into the darkside, the same pimped out Obi-Wan who put Maul on the defencive, broke his saber in half and had him running away like a b1tch, and yeah, that's the same Maul who dominated and owned a fully revitalised Qui-Gon in 30 seconds flat.

vader11
Why don't you use "edit"...

Apollo Cloud
It's because I'm too much of a gangstar for the edit button.

Captain Bob
Yeah, Qui-Gon loses the same way that Obi-Wan did in ROTS. All quotes to the contrary don't take into account that Anakin tapped into the Dark Side, put Dooku on the defencive, cut his hands off, and had him running away, and yeah, that's the same Dooku who dominated and owned a fully-vitalized Obi-Wan in 30 seconds flat.

TPM Obi-Wan owns Qui-Gon the same way that ROTS Anakin owned ROTS Obi-Wan.

Oh, but wait! ROTS Anakin *didn't* own ROTS Obi-Wan...in fact, he ended up getting pretty much all his limbs cut off, at Obi-Wan's hands.

Whoops!

Qui-Gon takes this. He knows Obi-Wan inside out. He has a greater mastery of the Force at that point, and a greater mastery of the lightsaber.

Plus, Obi-Wan hardly "pwned" Maul -- he was an even match for Maul for about fifteen seconds, and then they were pretty much back to normal.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Captain Bob
Yeah, Qui-Gon loses the same way that Obi-Wan did in ROTS. All quotes to the contrary don't take into account that Anakin tapped into the Dark Side, put Dooku on the defencive, cut his hands off, and had him running away, and yeah, that's the same Dooku who dominated and owned a fully-vitalized Obi-Wan in 30 seconds flat.

TPM Obi-Wan owns Qui-Gon the same way that ROTS Anakin owned ROTS Obi-Wan.

Oh, but wait! ROTS Anakin *didn't* own ROTS Obi-Wan...in fact, he ended up getting pretty much all his limbs cut off, at Obi-Wan's hands.

Whoops!

Qui-Gon takes this. He knows Obi-Wan inside out. He has a greater mastery of the Force at that point, and a greater mastery of the lightsaber.

Plus, Obi-Wan hardly "pwned" Maul -- he was an even match for Maul for about fifteen seconds, and then they were pretty much back to normal.

Agreed and didn't Obi said in some novel or comic, that he used the Dark Side and the Sith Lord(Maul) turned it against him, Qui-Gon can do the same.

Riverollv
So, basically we agree TPM Qui-Gon beats Kenobi?

vader11
Originally posted by Riverollv
So, basically we agree TPM Qui-Gon beats Kenobi? TPM Kenobistick out tongue

Captain Bob
Everyone but Apollo, yeah.

Riverollv
and vader11

Count Makashi
Vader11, you disappoint me, i thought you are better then this.

vader11
I agree TPM Qui Gon can beat TPM Obiwan.
PS: darthsith19 think Kolar is on par with Dookustick out tongue

Count Makashi
Oh, you wore just joking, when you said Obi wins, god one, haha.

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Oh, you wore just joking, when you said Obi wins, god one, haha. When did I said Obi wins?

Count Makashi
Originally posted by vader11
TPM Kenobistick out tongue

vader11
I mean I was saying Jin can beat "TPM Obi", not "obi".

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Vader11, you disappoint me, i thought you are better then this. darthsith19 should disappoint youstick out tongue

Count Makashi
Stop making excuses, we know what you meant. stick out tongue

vader11
Sure you know what I meanstick out tongue

Count Makashi
darthsith19 should disappoint youstick out tongue

Why.

vader11
PS: darthsith19 think Kolar is on par with Dookustick out tongue

Count Makashi
Thats sad, he has fallen so low, i pity him.

vader11
You should read the Kolar vs Maul thread.

Count Makashi
I did, i even posted there. Pay attention. stick out tongue

vader11
But you didn't read his argument on "Kolar on par with Dooku"stick out tongue

Count Makashi
Yea i did.

vader11
Then why you ask me "why darthsith19 should disappoint you"?

Count Makashi
I didn't know what you meant, saying that.

vader11
I see.

Count Makashi
Finally. stick out tongue

vader11
Yeah, at laststick out tongue

Count Makashi
clapping

Superboy Prime
Qui-Gon.

More experience.

Stronger physical fighter.

Plus he has the benefit of knowing Kenobi well, and is also his master. Kenobi won't fight that pissed against his mentor and friend. That's just plain Out of Character.

Besides we've all learned that the most dangerous version of Obi-Wan is when he is focused and in control.

Not to mention Kenobi looked like what he was during the Duel of Fates, an apprentice. He was the one getting constantly knocked down and split from the fight, not Qui-Gon.

vader11
Ya, Qui Gon takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.