darthgoober's Amalgam Tournament First Round Draft Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
And the characters drafted for the first round are...

Redatom65
I call Hal Jordan! 9lol sorry for that, i'll stop)

darthgoober
Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)

darthgoober
Hawkman

darthgoober
Havok!

darthgoober
SPIRAL

darthgoober
Tony Stark

darthgoober
So is that everyone for right now?

leonidas
screw the rest of 'em.

when do we do rd 2?? big grin

Scoobless
I'm waiting to see the other first round picks before I make my own.

evil face

darthgoober
Originally posted by leonidas
screw the rest of 'em.

when do we do rd 2?? big grin
Probably in a day or two. I want to give everyone a chance to draft their first picks before we start the next round.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Scoobless
I'm waiting to see the other first round picks before I make my own.

evil face

What if all your picks are taken evil face

Entity
Originally posted by Devil Lance
What if all your picks are taken evil face Well then to bad your screwed! stick out tongue

darthgoober
Cable w/ techno virus

Scoobless
What if all your picks are taken evil face

I have hundreds .... (pretty much every comic character below Iron Man actually) ... just got to customize them to the competition.

shifty

darthgoober
Mr. Sinister

TricksterPriest
I just hope all my picks get by the judges. whistle

Devil Lance
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I just hope all my picks get by the judges. whistle

No Trickster you can't have engineer stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
No Trickster you can't have engineer stick out tongue

hysterical That was good. thumb up

darthgoober
So right now...

1.Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)
2.Hawkman
3.Havok
4.SPIRAL
5.Tony Stark
6.Cable w/ techno virus
7.Mr. Sinister

...have all been chosen.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by darthgoober
So right now...

2.Hawkman
3.Havok
4.SPIRAL
5.Tony Stark
6.Cable w/ techno virus
7.Mr. Sinister

...have all been chosen.

Good none of my picks have been taken.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Good none of my picks have been taken. Wait are you entered in this even? I was honestly unaware of it somehow...

Symmetric Chaos
Wait are you entered in this even? I was honestly unaware of it somehow...

No I'm just messing with you. I'll stop now.

darthgoober
So right now...

2.Hawkman
3.Havok
4.SPIRAL
5.Tony Stark
6.Cable w/ techno virus
7.Mr. Sinister
8.Blink

...have all been chosen.

darthgoober
No I'm just messing with you. I'll stop now.
Oh good. My lifes been hectic the past couple of days and I thought I overlooked you somehow.

leonidas
is this the appropriate place to discuss the appropriateness of picks?

SpunkySmurph
Good, none of my picks have been taken.

sly

darthgoober
is this the appropriate place to discuss the appropriateness of picks?
Sure. I don't see the harm in it, especially since it would be about a draft from this round.

SpunkySmurph
Is the ability to shut off opponent's powers valid?

Scoobless
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

Probably not ... I'm assuming that there's no teleporting of limbs or teleporting stuff into people for characters like Blink.

And what are the rules on BFR?

darthgoober
Sorry people, I have to run somewhere but I'll be back to address stuff as soon as I can.

leonidas
i've only a couple minor questions:

blink is 616 blink, right? not the one that can throw javelins and bfr opponents?

and havok. i believe trickster said something about him being an *cough* abstract . . . i HAVE seen the scans of him holding a black hole, or something, so i just want to be clear that he is within caps. i'd personally considered him but was hesitant to take him (mostly because of his recent showings) for fear of cap-breaking. erm

SpunkySmurph
Probably not ... Then I presume it would just be removed from Spiral's power set...?

Goober can give a verdict.

TricksterPriest
You want to ask Mr. Master about Havok. If it's a problem, just use classic.

teleporting limbs off is probably no good, but shutting off powers should be legal.

Scoobless
shutting off powers should be legal.

I don't think it should.

Blair Wind
i've only a couple minor questions:

blink is 616 blink, right? not the one that can throw javelins and bfr opponents?

and havok. i believe trickster said something about him being an *cough* abstract . . . i HAVE seen the scans of him holding a black hole, or something, so i just want to be clear that he is within caps. i'd personally considered him but was hesitant to take him (mostly because of his recent showings) for fear of cap-breaking. erm

Dont know about Blink, and eh the whole abstract thing was just a "name" He was tied to all realties (reason he "died" and then ended up in the Mutant X unviserse) Either way I dont care as its not my pick, but his "power level" did not change erm You guys wanna ban him go for it though

ps: The black hole was Xorn's head, but all he was doing was feeding it energy. Still pretty impressive, but not him actually holding the black hole like say.....superman

.......So......this is it? Where's the contraversy? Where's the really iffy picks? damn sad

TricksterPriest
you can make a case for spiral's magic, but not anyone's else ability to interfere with or block powers.

Scoobless
Damn .... nowhere near enough controversy here ... Trick ... go take over the tourney for a minute so we can start arguing again.

stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Damn .... nowhere near enough controversy here ... Trick ... go take over the tourney for a minute so we can start arguing again.

stick out tongue

shocklaugh What, and trash my rep on this forum some more? You go to hell, scoob. You go to hell and you die. stick out tongue

SpunkySmurph

stick out tongue Yeah... I think the biggest problem is that people have to be careful at defending their picks, if they want to keep anonymity

leonidas
if havok's power level didn't change, then that's fine by me.

Blair Wind
So right now...

2.Hawkman
3.Havok
4.SPIRAL
5.Tony Stark
6.Cable w/ techno virus
7.Mr. Sinister
8.Blink

...have all been chosen.

WorldWarHulk
shocklaugh What, and trash my rep on this forum some more? You go to hell, scoob. You go to hell and you die. stick out tongue You have reputation to trash?
I must have missed something...

Scoobless
I'm not sure about Cable ... even with the virus he's above Jean Grey's non-phoenix levels ... in fact he was considered to have more power than Xavier.

Last tourney the cap for TK was Justice ... Cable would be miles over that.

Martian_mind
No.....I'm sure Cable would be fine......

Blair Wind
I'm not sure about Cable ... even with the virus he's above Jean Grey's non-phoenix levels ... in fact he was considered to have more power than Xavier.

This is true

Entity
Originally posted by Martian_mind
No.....I'm sure Cable would be fine...... Interesting that you think that? cool

Martian_mind
No.....nothing suspicious.....just a thought......

SpunkySmurph
Mr. Sinister also has tp that's > Jean Grey

Martian_mind
good......Tricker picked Sinister,so lets ban him.

DigiMark007
Shouldn't there be a distinction like "Tony Stark - Mind/Tech" since some of the picks could fall into more than 1 category?

Or no?

Blair Wind
Its secret stick out tongue

Or something like that....we dont have to say what part we want to use them for....cept to tell Darth I guess

darthgoober
Depends on the circumstances. If you mean something similar to someone creating an EMP effect, which cancels out someone's suit of armor then yes it's ok. If you mean like someone shutting down a mutants X-gene, then probably not. I don't really mind it, as long as it doesn't attack the opponents powers at their source. So an External shut down would be ok, but to shut down their powers internally would be a no no. I think that made sense(if not let me know)....

Probably not ... I'm assuming that there's no teleporting of limbs or teleporting stuff into people for characters like Blink.
Right.

And what are the rules on BFR?
Same as batdude's. It's cool so long as it doesn't involve teleportaion off the battlefield.

I said no alternate versions, so I'm assuming he meant 616 Blink.

This is "Classic" Havok, so none of his uber stuff will be allowed.

I thought that the Virus severely impaired his tp and tk? I'll run it by a couple of people and get their opinions before I make a decision.

darthgoober
So right now...

2.Hawkman
3.Havok
4.SPIRAL
5.Tony Stark
6.Cable w/ techno virus
7.Mr. Sinister
8.Blink
9.Nightshade

...have all been chosen.

Scoobless
9.Nightshade

What was the rule on constructs? only 2 and they have to be << Iron Man?

Blair Wind
She can make huge ass constructs (as in bigger than mountains....MUCH). no expression

I mean I pretty much beat Pr with her powers in the herald level match ups.

Also, what about Sinister? His tp>>>>Jeans

Martian_mind
If those are the rules i feel sorry for Mr Stacks....

darthgoober
What was the rule on constructs? only 2 and they have to be << Iron Man?
Yep.
Originally posted by Blair Wind
She can make huge ass constructs (as in bigger than mountains....MUCH). no expression

Well if you have anything to suggest that she's over the caps just let me see and make a call on it. I'm unfamiliar with her, so I can't make an accurate judgement about her right now.

Blair Wind
scans coming your way....gimme a minute

Scoobless

Yeah ... but that was Pr .... he was probably drunk with joy over managing to draft SUperman for a tournament.

stick out tongue

leonidas
what's the general notion on sinister . . .?

Scoobless
Yep.

Well if you have anything to suggest that she's over the caps just let me see and make a call on it. I'm unfamiliar with her, so I can't make an accurate judgement about her right now.

I think the construct rules pretty much keep her within the caps ... from what I know about her, we'll see what BW has stored away first.

Martian_mind
I think Sinister isn't that bad,i mean he's more the drive around in an ice cream van dressed as a clown so he can collect kiddies "DNA" kind of villian.

darthgoober
Sorry Blair, overlooked this part...

If that's the case then yeah I'll have to bar him. I thought that his tp was on par with hers, I didn't know that it exceeded it. So if anyone wants to PM me some scans(or post them if you'd prefer) to show just how powerful his TP is, it would be greatly appreciated.

TricksterPriest
Yeah ... but that was Pr .... he was probably drunk with joy over managing to draft SUperman for a tournament.

stick out tongue

There are a few guys over jean in TP and the criteria was the tier list for the most part.

2md, Nightshade is probably over the cap if she was in a herald tourney.

3rd, Spiral is a pretty good mage and can shift dimensions. I think she's over the cap.

4. Does whoever have Cable for a powers pick get his TO virus, or just that level of power?

Blair Wind
scans coming your way....gimme a minute

Hitting Spectre/Eclipso
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0536838599.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ff1942892e.jpg

Big Constructs:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?10390d169a.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?98cde7a993.jpg

REALLY big constructs:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?741aa086d0.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?74d35a02f0.jpg

Hundreds of people:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/217737ec2b.jpg

Not that this puts her at above Ironman levels (its her using someones weakness, but still....its Superman):
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?1c61fe3d44.jpg

DigiMark007
And it begins....

Just know that I'm jaded beyond belief by my tourney-hosting experience and motion to ban anyone who comes into serious legitimate question.

evil face

Scoobless
There are a few guys over jean in TP and the criteria was the tier list for the most part.

2md, Nightshade is probably over the cap if she was in a herald tourney.

3rd, Spiral is a pretty good mage and can shift dimensions. I think she's over the cap.

4. Does whoever have Cable for a powers pick get his TO virus, or just that level of power?

Nightshade wasn't in the Herald tourney, Black Alice was using her powers.

Cable wont have the TO in the tourney ... if whoever is using him wants his powers then he wont have his body = no TO Virus = "God-Like" Cable levels.

erm

Martian_mind
unless they used Cables "Body" they wouldn't get the techno virius.

The Caps restrict Nightshade like Scoob said so i'm cool with her

final point.You can pretty much guess who picked who.

Havok=Entity
Sinister=Tricker
Hawkman=King Kandy
Cable=shifty
Nightshade=Joey Stacks
Blink=Blair wind
Tony Stark=Nvr

and i don't know who else is in the tourney.

TricksterPriest
I can see Nightshade definitely going out......... blink

Btw, where was it said the TP limit was Jean Grey. Last I heard it was mid tier/ Iron-man Levelr.

Devil Lance
Sorry Blair, overlooked this part...

If that's the case then yeah I'll have to bar him. I thought that his tp was on par with hers, I didn't know that it exceeded it. So if anyone wants to PM me some scans(or post them if you'd prefer) to show just how powerful his TP is, it would be greatly appreciated.

from the sinister respect thread

Sinister psychically destroys Jean's memories on the psychic plane. Also, notice the size difference between him and the others, on the psychic plane
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg04cy0.jpg

Sinister destoys more memories and mentally inhibits Psylocke from using her powers
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg07ka7.jpg

Sinister pwns Psylocke on the astral/psychic plane. Psylocke says "he's just too strong"

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg08zc2.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg09ee7.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg10my7.jpg

DigiMark007
I'd love anyone who drafts someone sweet then gets them banned just for the sh*t of it. You probably won't win, but you'll have my respect.

So do it.

Now.

no expression

SpunkySmurph
Here he is, inside Jean's head, destroying her memories:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg04cy0.jpg

Here he is, mentally trapping Psylocke in astral form:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg07ka7.jpg

Here he is mindraping Psylocke:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uxm243pg10my7.jpg

EDIT: Bah, DL got there first.

Still my scans though, so I win.

TricksterPriest

Cable wont have the TO in the tourney ... if whoever is using him wants his powers then he wont have his body = no TO Virus = "God-Like" Cable levels.

erm

Oh ****.........Which is why I asked. We're either sticking him at the level that he displayed with the t/o virus, or we're giving the body the TO virus.

Martian_mind
Sinister=bad

Cable=good

Nightshade=long as thoughs restrictions are in place i'm happy.

TricksterPriest
Sinister=bad

Cable=good

Nightshade=long as thoughs restrictions are in place i'm happy.

I think the fact that Nightshade was ****ing up Superman jawdrop is enough to boot her out of this tournament.

And **** you martian. stick out tongue If I can't keep sinister, you're not keeping Cable.

Martian_mind
I think the fact that Nightshade was ****ing up Superman jawdrop is enough to boot her out of this tournament.

And **** you martian. stick out tongue If I can't keep sinister, you're not keeping Cable.

She was exploiting his weakness,plus she is restricted,your just being a difficult **** for no reason again. stick out tongue

Sinister is over the Caps,Cable isn't.I shouldn't pay just because you can't make a half-decent by the rule amalgam stick out tongue

Scoobless
Sinister & Cable are both over the caps for the same reason (TP)

Martian_mind
Fie,ban em both.I'll still pwn u all.

batdude123
Sinister & Cable are both over the caps for the same reason (TP)

Yeah, but Magneto completely beat the shit out of Cable though. shifty

Martian_mind
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, but Magneto completely beat the shit out of Cable though. shifty

Hey,Cable took the moral victory,and in the long run thats what counts.

TricksterPriest
Ha. Take that you green *******. stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Ha. Take that you green *******. stick out tongue

What,you still lost Sinister,So i'm guessing he was far more crucial to your plan then Cable was to mine.Hell,i was gonna have a mad complicated scheme with him using magnets to warp his metal.

SpunkySmurph
So, essentially what Batdude's saying, is that

Superman >>> Martian Manhunter
Magneto >>> Cable
Batman >>> Jason Todd

Right?

shifty

Martian_mind
What people say and what people mean are two very different things Smurf.Batdude is a closet fan of them,but is too much of a psuuy to handle the stigma.So he goes with the more popular heroes.

Bandwagon fan.

darthgoober
DRAFT CHANGE!!!!!
So right now...

2.Hawkman
3.Havok
4.SPIRAL
5.Tony Stark
6.Cable w/ techno virus
7.Vision
8.Blink
9.Nightshade

...have all been chosen.

TricksterPriest
Throw Cable out, or I start scan-blitzing. He's gone to the astral plain, beaten an onslaught controlled Hulk, managed to briefly go toe to toe with a weakened Apoc.

Martian_mind
Whats impressive about the last one?

SpunkySmurph
managed to briefly go toe to toe with a weakened Apoc. I agree, this alone should be reason for him to get banned, but I don't think Goober set in a cap for minimum power levels... hmm

darthgoober
Throw Cable out, or I start scan-blitzing. He's gone to the astral plain, beaten an onslaught controlled Hulk, managed to briefly go toe to toe with a weakened Apoc.
I plan on having a talk with the person who picked him to find out exactly what's going on. If I misunderstood and he's using Cable in an acceptable way I'll ban him. I'll let you guys know a little later tonight.

TricksterPriest

erm

See, here's why he needs to be kicked.

Entity
I plan on having a talk with the person who picked him to find out exactly what's going on. If I misunderstood and he's using Cable in an acceptable way I'll ban him. I'll let you guys know a little later tonight.

Umm, don't you mean unacceptable way? stick out tongue
Sorry, just feelin a little perky and smartassy tonight. Forgive me. embarrasment

darthgoober
Originally posted by Entity
Yeah that's what I meant embarrasment .

Symmetric Chaos

You're one to talk.

Martian_mind
Literacy Nazi.....

Symmetric Chaos
Literacy Nazi.....

NO LITERACY FOR YOU! mad

Entity
You're one to talk. You've noticed that heh...fish

Martian_mind
well,all activity seems to have stopped dead...

Newjak
I just want to ask something real quick about Vision would he be able to phase because that kind of seems to make him unkillable in this tourney we he can phase through any attack and his mind is a machine.

Soljer
QUESTION!

Say you took Cable for your mind, and Deadpool for your body....

Wouldn't you then have god-like cable? As the only thing that made Cable god-like was the healing factor off-setting his virus and healing the strain put on his body via power usage?

Martian_mind
......noooo......

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Newjak
I just want to ask something real quick about Vision would he be able to phase because that kind of seems to make him unkillable in this tourney we he can phase through any attack and his mind is a machine.

Yeah,he's pushing the envelope a bit as well.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
QUESTION!

Wouldn't you then have god-like cable? As the only thing that made Cable god-like was the healing factor off-setting his virus and healing the strain put on his body via power usage? Yes... but that would be power meshing, really. Your amalgamated character doesn't need to be Ironman-level, but your three individual ones do.

Scoobless

You can't have both his powers and his mind though.

Phasing was OKd (I think) ... and it's not like Vision has any decent offensive powers when phased.

Scoobless
Yes... but that would be power meshing, really. Your amalgamated character doesn't need to be Ironman-level, but your three individual ones do.

Exactly ... but Cable is already over the caps to begin with.

TricksterPriest
And under Goober's rules, what you just said is not only possible, it's a viable strategy to win. Hence, Cable needs to go.

Martian_mind
But if you took Cable as just mind you'd already be God-like,and Cables telepathy is already in question.Wait,why am i arguing against my own character.....

Scoobless
But if you took Cable as just mind you'd already be God-like,and Cables telepathy is already in question.Wait,why am i arguing against my own character.....

If you took Cable as the mind then he wouldn't have any powers.

erm

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'd love anyone who drafts someone sweet then gets them banned just for the sh*t of it. You probably won't win, but you'll have my respect.

So do it.

Now.

no expression Hey Digi, give Martian a cookie. He just fulfilled your request. laughing

Martian_mind

Phasing was OKd (I think) ... and it's not like Vision has any decent offensive powers when phased.

Besides phasing his hand into them....Would phasing fall under mind or powers?as it is a mental act.

SpunkySmurph
Exactly ... but Cable is already over the caps to begin with. If he has the TO virus, it's easily debateable. Not to mention, Soljer's scenario wouldn't work. You would need Cable for powers, and DP for body.

SpunkySmurph

Phasing was OKd (I think) ... and it's not like Vision has any decent offensive powers when phased. Well, he can phase his hand into them, and he can actually "possess" people like that, but I believe it's illegal. Or, it should be.

Martian_mind
Vision should be banned.

TricksterPriest
If you can kick Sinister for TP, you're kicking Cable. He's shown himself to capable of altering his TO virus and making spikes, etc out of it. Not to mention tapping the astral plain for power. You get him w/o the TO virus, he's god-like cable if you get someone with a decent healing factor, or with DP as body, as Smurf said.

We've got most of the compediters saying he's over, and I'm about 5 mins away from scan-blitzing.

TricksterPriest
Well, he can phase his hand into them, and he can actually "possess" people like that, but I believe it's illegal. Or, it should be.

I'm cool with kicking the possesion power. but not the phazing.

**** you martian. stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Vision is over the Caps though.....class 90,Phasing,possesion,energy beams,he is way over the Caps....

DigiMark007
Vision is over the Caps though.....class 90,Phasing,possesion,energy beams,he is way over the Caps....

Other than posession, that actually sounds like a dumbed-down Iron Man. Is it really over the caps?

SpunkySmurph
If you can kick Sinister for TP, you're kicking Cable. He's shown himself to capable of altering his TO virus and making spikes, etc out of it. Not to mention tapping the astral plain for power. You get him w/o the TO virus, he's god-like cable if you get someone with a decent healing factor, or with DP as body, as Smurf said.

We've got most of the compediters saying he's over, and I'm about 5 mins away from scan-blitzing. If you have Cable + Deadpool = Godlike Cable, it doesn't matter that you're over Ironman limit, since you're amalgamated character is allowed to be. It is only the base three characters that have to be individually under Ironman.

Newjak
Other than posession, that actually sounds like a dumbed-down Iron Man. Is it really over the caps? Except he just recently pwned Iron man in Civil War stick out tongue

Blair Wind
How do you attack Vision while phased? (besides Hawkeye)

Entity
How do you attack Vision while phased? (besides Hawkeye) How the hell did Hawkeye attack him while phased??? confused

TricksterPriest
yes Which is why I'm arguing that Cable is over the caps to begin with. Cause I don't want martian to screw me over. stick out tongue Not to mention, his TP should be restricted to his TO virus levels to begin with.

Newjak
By the way guys I've been thinking about this should there be a limit placed on Healing factors?

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
QUESTION!

Wouldn't you then have god-like cable? As the only thing that made Cable god-like was the healing factor off-setting his virus and healing the strain put on his body via power usage?

And that's called intelligent power meshing. smile

Scoobless
Besides phasing his hand into them....Would phasing fall under mind or powers?as it is a mental act.

All powers are a mental act ... anything > Human is considered a power

If he has the TO virus, it's easily debateable. Not to mention, Soljer's scenario wouldn't work. You would need Cable for powers, and DP for body.

Cable is always at "God-Like" level ... he can choose to use that much power whenever he wants .. the TO doesn't reduce his power, it just occupies it.

He has the same power as Nate Grey and Nate Grey >>>> Iron Man.

erm

batdude123
Other than posession, that actually sounds like a dumbed-down Iron Man. Is it really over the caps?

Well, I think his feats are>>>Iron Man's imo.

Blair Wind
How the hell did Hawkeye attack him while phased??? confused

PIS/Trick arrow

TricksterPriest
yes Not to mention, his TP should be restricted to his TO virus levels to begin with.

Otherwise, if you are taking his powerset minus the body effect from the TO virus, then it is, in fact, God-like Cable. HENCE, OVER THE CAPS.

Martian_mind
So Vision and Cable are out?

Entity
PIS/Trick arrow AHH!!! I see, but no to things like what Newjak said. I liked Darth original idea that as long as individually their under the Ironman level they should be allowed. Even if combined they are able to form a character above Skyfather.

Blair Wind
Anyone know anything about Spiral? She seems like a good pick, but that could just mean she's uber and no one noticed

Newjak
AHH!!! I see, but no to things like what Newjak said. I liked Darth original idea that as long as individually their under the Ironman level they should be allowed. Even if combined they are able to form a character above Skyfather. What did I say.
All I said is that while phased he is pretty much immune to attacks

and that he recently pwned Ironman in Civil War stick out tongue

Oh and once again guys should we limit what a healing factor can do?

Symmetric Chaos
Anyone know anything about Spiral? She seems like a good pick, but that could just mean she's uber and no one noticed

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Spiral_game.gif

I'm gonna say not much of a thread.

On the other hand I got this from Wiki:

When Spiral was first introduced, she was a powerful sorceress and during her first two encounters with the X-Men, single-handedly defeated the team. She can cast spells to stun, depower, or immobilize her superhuman opponents, as she did to depower and imprison the Avengers and West Coast Avengers once they were still long enough for the spells to catch them. She has since been beaten by Longshot and other individuals.

Entity
What did I say.
All I said is that while phased he is pretty much immune to attacks

and that he recently pwned Ironman in Civil War stick out tongue

Oh and once again guys should we limit what a healing factor can do? The healing factor statement was what I was referring to. I just like the idea of letting anyone Ironman level and meshing their abilities together to see who can be the most creative.

Martian_mind
Vision and Cable are out,it would seem.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm gonna say Spiral should probablt be out too.

Scoobless
Vision and Cable are out,it would seem.

Cable for sure .... probably Vision as well.

Newjak
The healing factor statement was what I was referring to. I just like the idea of letting anyone Ironman level and meshing their abilities together to see who can be the most creative. Oh ok and what I meant was should we maybe limit just what a healing factor could do. Cause for some people their Healing factor seems to be greater in scope then any other power. I mean Deadpool is pretty much unkillable with his healing Factor so is Wolverine.

So maybe limit to say they can only heal minor wounds normally like they would but major injuries like say badly hurt organs would take like 5 minutes to fully heal or like the loss of a head still would kill them.

Or something like that so we don't get an unkillable person in the tourney.

Martian_mind
Cable for sure .... probably Vision as well.

I see Vision as a definite imo.but yeah,fine with Cable going,i can just repick.

Entity
Oh ok and what I meant was should we maybe limit just what a healing factor could do. Cause for some people their Healing factor seems to be greater in scope then any other power. I mean Deadpool is pretty much unkillable with his healing Factor so is Wolverine.

So maybe limit to say they can only heal minor wounds normally like they would but major injuries like say badly hurt organs would take like 5 minutes to fully heal or like the loss of a head still would kill them.

Or something like that so we don't get an unkillable person in the tourney.

I love decapitation! That always kills them! dev

Well, it should. smokin'

Scoobless

Well, it should. smokin'

*drafts Hydro-Man*

stick out tongue

Newjak

Well, it should. smokin' Not with Deadpool which is why I think putting some limits on the Healing factor maybe helpful stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
I got this from Wiki:

When Spiral was first introduced, she was a powerful sorceress and during her first two encounters with the X-Men, single-handedly defeated the team. She can cast spells to stun, depower, or immobilize her superhuman opponents, as she did to depower and imprison the Avengers and West Coast Avengers once they were still long enough for the spells to catch them. She has since been beaten by Longshot and other individuals.

If Spiral is capable of beating the Avengers and WestCoastAvengers at the same time wouldn't she be over the caps?

Martian_mind
Well,Spirals out as well....

Scoobless
laughing out loud

Have fun banning every single draft guys ... I'm off to bed.

stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

Have fun banning every single draft guys ... I'm off to bed.

stick out tongue

Nite.

Martian_mind
Nighty night,So Spiral,Vision and Cable all have to be repicked.

Symmetric Chaos
Nighty night,So Spiral,Vision and Cable all have to be repicked.

I don't actually know the circumstances of Spiral's team busting feats so we can't really ban her until someone brings up better evidence than a Wiki entry.

DigiMark007
Hey guys, as much as I know it's mostly in jest.....finding 1 showing, declaring the person banned without any sort of authorization or discussion, and monopolizing the thread with posts could collectively be considered spam.

Reign it in, and work on promoting discussion....not instigating witch-hunts for anyone you didn't pick....because crap like this insane paranoia every time we sneeze is what makes drafts come to a screeching halt and get people pissy about tourneys.

erm

Martian_mind
Well,Vision and Cable are already veiwed as over the Caps,and Spiral seems very close to it..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>