Captain America vs Solid Snake (H2H combat only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Captain America

vs.

Solid Snake

H2H combat only!!!

Symmetric Chaos
noncomic

closing

King KAM
too hard to choose, i gotta go with cap, but solid snake is a monster, i think he could take alot of marvel MAists

His Airness
Cap

jasonk3
Solid snake 6-7/10

guy222
Originally posted by jasonk3
Solid snake 6-7/10

snake ftw

the Darkone
Originally posted by jasonk3
What the f**k? Solid snake 6-7/10

Captain America is his superior are you serious, fight people that will b***h slap the shit out of him. CA is the ultimate super solider, granted snake is good but not that good, CA will break his a$$ down. Cap 9/10

Superboy Prime
Captain America > Solid Snake on paper.

However MGS: Twin Snakes' Solid Snake is just too much for Cap in my honest opinion.

Far too many unrealistic, albeit impressive feats.

Snake has also fought people that would plain ass rape Cap, granted Cap is good but not that good.

Anyways this thread will be closed soon, so I just felt like saying something before it's doom approaches.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

However MGS: Twin Snakes' Solid Snake is just too much for Cap in my honest opinion.

Snake has also fought people that would plain ass rape Cap, granted Cap is good but not that good.

Anyways this thread will be closed soon, so I just felt like saying something before it's doom approaches.

Twins snake is one of the best game I ever played, let's be real CA has face Ultron, Count Nefaria, King Thor, 100 hydra solders, Red Skull w/cosmic cube etc tsnake couldn't fill CA jock strap,please CA feats alone dwarfs snake.

Superboy Prime
Snake has beaten Sniper Wolf.

Sniper Wolf > King Thor.

Why? you might ask. Because bullets > Cap.

Lets be reasonable, and I really mean reasonable, Cap has no business being on the same panel with people like Count Nefaria & King Thor. It's uber BS that he gets to breath in a fight against them.

Just as it is BS for Snake to actually defeat Cyborg Ninja in a hand to hand contest, only Cap's bullshit is multiplied times infinity.

the Darkone
Snake has beaten Sniper Wolf.

What the f**k? Sniper Wolf > King Thor.

Why? you might ask. Because bullets > Cap.

Lets be reasonable, and I really mean reasonable, Cap has no business being on the same panel with people like Count Nefaria & King Thor. It's uber BS that he gets to breath in a fight against them.

He fought King Thor w/o odinforce and held his own andnearly beat him if it wasn't for Loki. CA has people that will just punk Snake, lets be real. CA punks Iron Man on more than one occassion pre civil war, and knock hulk on his a$$ with a punch.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by the Darkone
He fought King Thor w/o odinforce and held his own andnearly beat him if it wasn't for Loki. CA has people that will just punk Snake, lets be real. CA punks Iron Man on more than one occassion pre civil war, and knock hulk on his a$$ with a punch.

I told you to be reasonable. Iron Man should've knocked Steve's head off with the first punch. King Thor manhandled Hulk & Thing at the same time while having an injured arm, and yet he almost fell to the imposing might of Cap's Jobber aura. Knocking hulk on his ass with a punch, when Hulk has taken shots from Thanos himself? Wow.

I smell BS. Thank God he died.

the Darkone
You be reasonable beating ninja suit that can cloak itself are you f**king serious, now that was pure PIS. CA has fought Iron Man before and own him, if you read civil war 3, Iron Man modified his armor to CA fighting ability so he can predict his moves other than that Cap would have cut his head off with the shield.

Soljer
Ignore the jobber aura's of both characters, and Captain America is still superior.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by the Darkone
You be reasonable beating ninja suit that can cloak itself are you f**king serious, now that was pure PIS. CA has fought Iron Man before and own him, if you read civil war 3, Iron Man modified his armor to CA fighting ability so he can predict his moves other than that Cap would have cut his head off with the shield.

Beating Cyborg Ninja does not equal fighting Iron Man, King Thor, etc.

Cyborg Ninja is no where close to 100 ton range, and every single one of the combatants you mentioned is that strong, and in some cases beyond that.

Sure I agree it's PIS that Snake actually won, but again, it's a lot more reasonable than what you have shown in cap's favor. The cloak can be easily rendered useless with the thermal googles.

Now give me a logical explanation for Captain America surviving 3 class 100 blows from Iron Man, specially when he was being disoriented by Tony.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Soljer
Ignore the jobber aura's of both characters, and Captain America is still superior.

I agree with that, but I think Snake will give him a hell of a fight and can win a couple of fights.

6-7/10 Captain America.

srankmissingnin
Imagine Captain America fighting Punisher... only its a less impressive version of Punisher. If you do that you won't be far off from the one sided beat down Captain America lays on Solid Snake.

Kento
Captain America takes down Snake easily I'm sad to say. As for Snake taking on Grey Fox as the Cyborg...Grey Fox didn't want to kill him so that's why he didn't kill him even though he could have.

Janus X
Snake. Purely cause he killed Sniper Wolf, whom she can kill Cap easily seeing the civil war comic.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kento
Captain America takes down Snake easily I'm sad to say. As for Snake taking on Grey Fox as the Cyborg...Grey Fox didn't want to kill him so that's why he didn't kill him even though he could have.

It has never been stated Grey Fox didn't want to kill Snake. He wanted a final battle to the death, he started losing the battle, and then altogether lost himself and started spazming all over the place. Yeah, Fox should have killed him, but it is made quite obvious he just couldn't.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Imagine Captain America fighting Punisher... only its a less impressive version of Punisher. If you do that you won't be far off from the one sided beat down Captain America lays on Solid Snake.

Yeah because a guy that can outrun bullets from Vulcan Raven's turret; a tank, keeps up with a cybernetically enhanced ninja with a high-frequency blade and even beats him; stalemates an expert shooter that manages to bounce bullets off walls to his desired target; fights and beats a telepath that is also a TKer; beats the MGS world's best sniper at sniping; while infiltrating a base full of genetically enhanced soldiers with genes from Big Boss himself; and beats his genetic superior 3 times in a row after being tortured and in less than 18 hours without rest is not impressive at all.

Kento
It has never been stated Grey Fox didn't want to kill Snake. He wanted a final battle to the death, he started losing the battle, and then altogether lost himself and started spazming all over the place. Yeah, Fox should have killed him, but it is made quite obvious he just couldn't.

So Grey Fox decided to put away all his weapons and fight h2h. Yea he really wanted to kill him badly. He just wanted to fight Snake again then later on he saves Snake. How is that wanting to kill him? Even when he goes crazy after their first fight he still manages to not hit Snake yet cuts up a whole lot of other stuff near him.

SpunkySmurph
Imagine Captain America fighting Punisher... only its a less impressive version of Punisher. If you do that you won't be far off from the one sided beat down Captain America lays on Solid Snake. Hey... I thought you were dead. ermmnone

Martian_mind
Shrank lives?

his is bigger then the return of Jason Todd!!!

Shadow Okami
i'mma say they're evenly matched, between the two, they each have had extensive training, and they both are strong beyond normal levels.

Shadow Okami
Yeah because a guy that can outrun bullets from Vulcan Raven's turret; a tank, keeps up with a cybernetically enhanced ninja with a high-frequency blade and even beats him; stalemates an expert shooter that manages to bounce bullets off walls to his desired target; fights and beats a telepath that is also a TKer; beats the MGS world's best sniper at sniping; while infiltrating a base full of genetically enhanced soldiers with genes from Big Boss himself; and beats his genetic superior 3 times in a row after being tortured and in less than 18 hours without rest is not impressive at all.

dude, nice... my favorite game storyline ever used to make a point. kudos.

Soljer

Not to stir the pot, but Cap's done all that too. He's outran bullets, he's kept up (and even stomped on) the cybernetically enhanced, he beats expert shooters issue to issue (not to mention bullseye, who can do a lot more than bounce projectiles off walls), he's beaten several telepaths, and has shit stomped his supposed 'genetic superiors' on a monthly basis.

erm.

the Darkone

thumb up exactly. CA is Snake superior bottom line, CA is stronger, faster, durable, more agile, years of fighting experience and strategies, plus has over 100 years of fighting knowledge during the korvac saga.

Validus

God, Twin Snakes was so awful. sad

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Validus
God, Twin Snakes was so awful. sad I loved that game. It was a great upgrade from the original.

Validus
The Gamecube controller is not a good fit for MGS gameplay and those cutscenes were ridiculous. I still prefer the original.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Validus
The Gamecube controller is not a good fit for MGS gameplay and those cutscenes were ridiculous. I still prefer the original. What throws me off the original (and many other PS1 games) is the polygon shapes. I can play any NES, SNES, or Genesis game without problems but everytime I look at the old school polygon shaped ps1 games, I can't help but be disappointed. The old Tekken and Virtual fighter series are an eyesore for me.

Validus
Originally posted by Big Sexy
What throws me off the original (and many other PS1 games) is the polygon shapes. I can play any NES, SNES, or Genesis game without problems but everytime I look at the old school polygon shaped ps1 games, I can't help but be disappointed. The old Tekken and Virtual fighter series are an eyesore for me.
I know what you mean. Ever play them on a big screen? sick

Tank_6603
WOW... 10/10 Captain America is this a spite thread? geez give snake someone he can stand up against like...Howard the Duck

Superboy Prime
So Grey Fox decided to put away all his weapons and fight h2h. Yea he really wanted to kill him badly. He just wanted to fight Snake again then later on he saves Snake. How is that wanting to kill him? Even when he goes crazy after their first fight he still manages to not hit Snake yet cuts up a whole lot of other stuff near him.

Yeah, because swinging for someone's neck, and then stopping when you realize a gun is being aimed at your eyes at point blank, is not wanting to kill him.

1ya3feP_xDc

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Soljer
Not to stir the pot, but Cap's done all that too. He's outran bullets, he's kept up (and even stomped on) the cybernetically enhanced, he beats expert shooters issue to issue (not to mention bullseye, who can do a lot more than bounce projectiles off walls), he's beaten several telepaths, and has shit stomped his supposed 'genetic superiors' on a monthly basis.

erm.

Actually I know Cap is on that level, but I wasn't comparing him to Cap there, it was with Frank; or are you talking about Frank?

long pig
Cap has a reason for his feats, he's basically superhuman. Snake....his feats don't make any sense because he's just a guy who knows a style of fighting and then he goes and stupid ass shit that pisses me off because I'm like "****, if he can do that in the CGI, why the **** am I getting killed by ****ing snakes and shit? Man, **** this game!", thus...they are DISMISSED!

BY ME!

Cap wins.

Kento
Yeah, because swinging for someone's neck, and then stopping when you realize a gun is being aimed at your eyes at point blank, is not wanting to kill him.

1ya3feP_xDc

confused I counted like three times Fox could have actually killed Snake without him knowing it and once was after the whole crazed thing when he first attacks Snake. If he wanted to kill Snake he could have when he appeared behind him, or when he cut off Ocealot's hand, or when he cut through all the wires.

And he blocks bullets from machine guns as he's walking towards them I seriously doubt Snake's going to be fast enough to pull the trigger and kill Fox before Fox can dodge or block it with his sword even if it is at Snakes neck.....

Also if he wanted to kill Snake he wouldn't have stopped his sword. If anything it seemed as if Fox was holding back.

Snake is impressive at what he can take out and stuff but as far as fighting skills go he's not in the top imo and in just h2h fighting Cap takes him out.

Superboy Prime
confused I counted like three times Fox could have actually killed Snake without him knowing it and once was after the whole crazed thing when he first attacks Snake. If he wanted to kill Snake he could have when he appeared behind him, or when he cut off Ocealot's hand, or when he cut through all the wires.

And he blocks bullets from machine guns as he's walking towards them I seriously doubt Snake's going to be fast enough to pull the trigger and kill Fox before Fox can dodge or block it with his sword even if it is at Snakes neck.....

Also if he wanted to kill Snake he wouldn't have stopped his sword. If anything it seemed as if Fox was holding back.

Snake is impressive at what he can take out and stuff but as far as fighting skills go he's not in the top imo and in just h2h fighting Cap takes him out.

Fox is not without honor. He wouldn't have killed Snake without having a fight. He would've been killed too if he actually tried to slice Snake's head off. Given everything Snake has done in all the different Metal Gears I beg to difer and say Snake is actually fast enough to pull the trigger before Fox reacted. They just essentially stalemated. Watch the fight again, Fox swings numerous times at Snake's head and misses, not because he was holding back, but because Snake was fast enough to counter him.

Granted later in the game Fox does help Snake out, it is made clear he was trying to kill Snake in combat.

Anyways, Cap still wins this.

Apolloknight
Great Fight, Cap takes the majority.

However for people who are saying snake is a normal human.

Well, he's not. Follow the story line.

Kento
Fox is not without honor. He wouldn't have killed Snake without having a fight. He would've been killed too if he actually tried to slice Snake's head off. Given everything Snake has done in all the different Metal Gears I beg to difer and say Snake is actually fast enough to pull the trigger before Fox reacted. They just essentially stalemated. Watch the fight again, Fox swings numerous times at Snake's head and misses, not because he was holding back, but because Snake was fast enough to counter him.

Granted later in the game Fox does help Snake out, it is made clear he was trying to kill Snake in combat.

Anyways, Cap still wins this.

Snake can't even follow him when he goes behind him and cuts the thing. Not to mention Fox dodged at point blank a bullet that Snake fired in the clip. Fox is stronger, and faster then Snake. Fox was holding back compared to what he could do. His speed decreased when fighting Snake each time compared to when he cut through the wires that set of the bombs, and when he went crazy when Snake met Hal.

the Darkone
Originally posted by long pig
Cap has a reason for his feats, he's basically superhuman. Snake....his feats don't make any sense because he's just a guy who knows a style of fighting and then he goes and stupid ass shit that pisses me off because I'm like "****, if he can do that in the CGI, why the **** am I getting killed by ****ing snakes and shit? Man, **** this game!", thus...they are DISMISSED!

BY ME!

Cap wins.

Hello, laughing

Superboy Prime
Bah.

Cap >>>>> Snake.

I don't know exactly how but in the middle of the argument I thought the thread was about Punisher vs. Snake.

Cap >>>> Snake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.