whats the diffrance ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Ok i was not born when star wars came out in 1977 but i have seen the SE version of star wars movies .

Can someone explain the diffrance between the orgnial versions and the SE please thanks .

I know GL took out the line ' Bring my shuttle ' in ESB

Alliance
haermm

Tangible God
Originally posted by Alliance
haermm LMAO. I was thinking "You must be joking in," in my head. Then I see that smiley.

queeq
He didn't take it out, he put it back in for the SE.

I bet you google a bit, you'll find all the differences between the original theatrical release and the SE. There are many changes, most of them cosmetic, some scenes were altered, enhanced, added... A lot of stuff.

vintageSW77
"Bring my shuttle!"......one of JEJ best lines was substituted with "alert the star destroyer to prepare my shuttle for my arrival" for the S.E
and i was pissed about that Vader sounds miffed when he says the original line

if you watch the OOT on dvd and then put in the S.E soundwise it feels like youve had your hearing upgraded
the colour hits you too

apart from that they managed to get rid of the squares round the spacecraft,put some nice xwing stuff,Bespin stuff and Mcdiarmids Emperor in there but on the downside we got too much Wampa,the ronto and shit cgi jawas,two different voices saying open the blast doors and close the blastdoors,shit cgi cantina monster,shit CGI Jabba,shit CGI Troopers,shit CGI Dewback,Lapti Nek,Gungans,Boba and Troopers with a new zealand accent and the biggest upset to SW fans in its entire history amongst loads of other minuses

a clean up in hindsight would have been preferable
ten years on the CGI on the whole is completely dated

queeq
Boba's voice was ruined. Mind you, this is the DVD SE, not the 1997 SE.

One point of defense though: the open/close the blast door lines were in some original versies of the theatrical ANH. So taht was a bit of restoration. I heard that version once, long before the 1997 SE.

vintageSW77
Yeah they are on the VHS

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
Boba's voice was ruined. Mind you, this is the DVD SE, not the 1997 SE.

Nah, I like Boba. more now.

He still dies liek a dickkopf though.

I hope in the Lucas is on his deathbead final edition, Boba fires a missle in to the sarlaac as he's flying and it explodes.

I suppose then he can massacre evryone and the movie is over, or Luke can kill him.

vintageSW77
i half expect him to say "put capatain solo in the cargo hold away from the FOSTERS mate "
or "G'Day" to Boushh instead of that nod nowadays

Alliance
Well allegedly New Zealand is close to Australia.

vintageSW77
they use the same sayings

queeq
Kudday to Boush... laughing out loud

Yeah, it's rather terrible. I keep thinking he's about to beat his wife up, like he did in Once Were Warriors.

coolmovies
I wish he could put a good OOT version on dvd . The two disk sets are non anarmorpic

vintageSW77
yup its annoying
thats the version some of us want
a cleaned up OOT

queeq
He's not gonna make that.

Alliance
Someone will have to try to make it after he dies.

queeq
His son?

coolmovies
has he got one ? Anyway why cant we do it our selves ? I mean Transfer our vhs version to DVD ? at least you wont be paying lucus

Alliance
His son?

whoever has rights.

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
has he got one ? Anyway why cant we do it our selves ? I mean Transfer our vhs version to DVD ? at least you wont be paying lucus

He was the Jedi that got killed when Bail organa arrived at the Jedi Temple.

General G
He didn't do too well against them though...

Alliance
No. Thought actually, that was the only part of the Temple Invasion that I was remotely satisfied with.

General G
But clones died in the process...

Alliance
So? No clone that died had any qualms or regrets about doing so.

General G
So what made you like the scene then?

Alliance
It was nice to see a kid jedi fighting back.

It actually gave attention to what was going on, to actually focus on characters and 66 and to actually get up close and into the violence.

queeq
And to see a Jedi giving a bit of resistance. Mundi did something but that was over very quickly. Young Jedi Lucas gave at least a bit of a fight.

vintageSW77
theres something about that scene that works
its quick but i got a buzz when i saw it
the music,the effects eveything
even the Clonetroopers look realistic in that scene
im sure they are men in suits there

queeq
Yeah, me too.

General G
Then why wouldn't they have used those suits in other scenes?

Alliance
No clone armor was ever made for the movies. EVERY trooper was CGI.

queeq
Really??? A shame. Now you can never buy one on e-bay.

vintageSW77
maybe they look better in the dark then...like Godzilla and the T Rex in JP

its the rain!
rain does wonders for cgi realism

queeq
It does, yes.

coolmovies
Its a shame blue ray and Hd dvd has come out and we still have not got a good copy of the OOT on dvd

Alliance
Really??? A shame. Now you can never buy one on e-bay.

I know, I'll have to make my own, which is why I will go for Mandolorian armor first, assuming I keep in shape. I hate fat mandolorians/clones/stormies.

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
Its a shame blue ray and Hd dvd has come out and we still have not got a good copy of the OOT on dvd

Which is good, because we don't know yet which way the wind will blow.

General G
Perhaps they are done releasing new versions?

coolmovies
no we still want a good version of the OT

General G
Yeah, but we don't always get what we want...

queeq
We won't get that for a while. Unless maybe the tv-series is getting too expensive...

coolmovies
I want them to bring out the saga box set

queeq
In time.

General G
That will be neat, probably like 12 discs or more, at least 12 though, one for each movie and a special edition bonus feature disc for all.

queeq
12 for each movie.

coolmovies
you wish we will be lucky just to get a box set

General G
12 for each movie.

Maybe a tad too much.

Alliance
New question...whats the difference between "difference" and "differance"?

General G
Spelling?

Alliance
Validity.

queeq
Intelligence.

General G
Cleverness?

Alliance
Sanity.

General G
Normality.

queeq
Endness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.