Penn & Teller take on the Bible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Penn & Teller B.S is one of my favirote shows on tv.I was suprised when I discoverd this episode cause I never saw it.They also talk to Micheal Shermer who is an amazing writer is wrote the science of good & evil.But be warned,you may find their upfront style offensive.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8RV46fsmx6E

debbiejo
I think this was posted before, mr. smiley....lol

And everyone sure did have a nice chat about it.......LOL

inimalist
penn & teller BS is amazing

i say 10 more posts before all civility is gone

JacopeX
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Penn & Teller B.S is one of my favirote shows on tv.I was suprised when I discoverd this episode cause I never saw it.They also talk to Micheal Shermer who is an amazing writer is wrote the science of good & evil.But be warned,you may find their upfront style offensive.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8RV46fsmx6E It's my favorite show as well but this is the only episode that made think "they really need there facts straight this time."

Nellinator
If I remember correctly this is the only episode that they apologized for and admitted poor research and that they were wrong about a lot of it... but I can't find that anywhere...

lord xyz
Originally posted by JacopeX
It's my favorite show as well but this is the only episode that made think "they really need there facts straight this time." ......I found them to be very reasonable and accurate about the Bible.

FeceMan
I'm reminded of a certain "feng shui" episode where they demonstrated that the practice was "bullshit" because several different experts on feng shui weren't in agreement over the arrangement of the room.

*Coughs.*

Should I waste my time on watching this?

Devil King
Originally posted by FeceMan
Should I waste my time on watching this?

Would anything they said change your mind?

WrathfulDwarf
Penn and Teller are mostly entertainers....now the Mythbusters...those guys I can dig.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Devil King
Would anything they said change your mind?
It's improper to answer a question with a question.

debbiejo
That's not what I heard. And it should be open ended too, makes for more expanding. cool

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Penn and Teller are mostly entertainers....now the Mythbusters...those guys I can dig.

Don't they have a policy against things that they can't test empirically? (or that they can't blow up)

Adam_PoE
8RV46fsmx6E

mr.smiley
Penn & Tellar (Sorry im drunk a lot) went on a crusade after 9/11 to bullshot everu0jme/you can find the video against john edwards.they stand next to their belifes.Theo ne against nerar death experince is good along with the everky episoede.sorry i drumk and having fun.Post wehen makes more sensess later.I live kyou all.Luv debates and have fun.NellianrOE E AND TOUHUNDER CATS MAN AND DEBBIE JOE ARE COOL AND shakyamunsion.aso mkusch to read and examine.Every belief is special and amazing.I am giong to submit cause no body knows what tkhey seem.!!!!!!!!rWE W E WHEN YOU qehre youhg cause it was always good and people wjhne older remeber when thye were young.Hanging with friends not knowing what girl liked you but thein yoy settle down and handle life with a smile!!!!!it's great!!!!!!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Don't they have a policy against things that they can't test empirically? (or that they can't blow up)

They did some New Age beliefs stuff by testing Pyramids myths in one episode. But to be honest I'm not really sure on their policies.

lord xyz
I'm reminded of a certain "feng shui" episode where they demonstrated that the practice was "bullshit" because several different experts on feng shui weren't in agreement over the arrangement of the room.

*Coughs.*

Should I waste my time on watching this? Feng Shui is described as Science that guides humans into the perfect placement to better your life. The experts didn't have a perfect placement, they all said different ways will get you the money, or the same way, but paying more (as stated in the haircut).

This episode shows how religious people manipulate others into thinking the Bible is a moral code and they control people into doing what they want. Penn and Teller show that the Bible isn't true, they also show that it is ridiculous and states rules such as selling your daughter to slavery. If you think that we should do our rules according to the Bible, why isn't that there? Or how about stoning people to death? You can't just choose different parts of the Bible as a moral code, that's ridiculous.

BackFire
BS! is a great show, watch is regularly. Funny and interesting.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo
That's not what I heard. And it should be open ended too, makes for more expanding. cool

Funny, that's what I heard about you.

lord xyz
Originally posted by BackFire
BS! is a great show, watch is regularly. Funny and interesting. I've seen nearly every episode, long time fan. cool

Nellinator
Originally posted by lord xyz
Feng Shui is described as Science that guides humans into the perfect placement to better your life. The experts didn't have a perfect placement, they all said different ways will get you the money, or the same way, but paying more (as stated in the haircut).

This episode shows how religious people manipulate others into thinking the Bible is a moral code and they control people into doing what they want. Penn and Teller show that the Bible isn't true, they also show that it is ridiculous and states rules such as selling your daughter to slavery. If you think that we should do our rules according to the Bible, why isn't that there? Or how about stoning people to death? You can't just choose different parts of the Bible as a moral code, that's ridiculous. Actually, they misrepresented information to the point where they recanted it because they admitted to not researching properly. You are gullible if you fall that stuff.

BackFire
I've seen nearly every episode, long time fan. cool

Same here.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Nellinator
Actually, they misrepresented information to the point where they recanted it because they admitted to not researching properly. You are gullible if you fall that stuff. Yeah, they weren't good or accurate, therefore they fail.

Do you really think you can get wealthy by readjusting your furniture?

FeceMan
Feng Shui is described as Science that guides humans into the perfect placement to better your life. The experts didn't have a perfect placement, they all said different ways will get you the money, or the same way, but paying more (as stated in the haircut).

This episode shows how religious people manipulate others into thinking the Bible is a moral code and they control people into doing what they want. Penn and Teller show that the Bible isn't true, they also show that it is ridiculous and states rules such as selling your daughter to slavery. If you think that we should do our rules according to the Bible, why isn't that there? Or how about stoning people to death? You can't just choose different parts of the Bible as a moral code, that's ridiculous.
OMFG HOW MANY TIMES MUST I GO OVER THIS

GOD, ALL OF YOU RETARDS JUST SHUT THE **** UP BEFORE I DECIDE TO GO ORTHODOX JUDAISM ON YOUR ASSES AND STONE YOU TO DEATH.

lord xyz
OMFG HOW MANY TIMES MUST I GO OVER THIS

GOD, ALL OF YOU RETARDS JUST SHUT THE **** UP BEFORE I DECIDE TO GO ORTHODOX JUDAISM ON YOUR ASSES AND STONE YOU TO DEATH. Sometimes I think why you aren't banned yet.

Nellinator
Yeah, they weren't good or accurate, therefore they fail.

Do you really think you can get wealthy by readjusting your furniture? No, sometimes they are good, sometimes they are not. For the third time, they admitted to being wrong on this one. People don't watch because they are good researchers, they watch because they want their insecurites confirmed, or because they think it's funny. I hope you are not the former kind.

lord xyz
No, sometimes they are good, sometimes they are not. For the third time, they admitted to being wrong on this one. People don't watch because they are good researchers, they watch because they want their insecurites confirmed, or because they think it's funny. I hope you are not the former kind. I watch it because I like seeing how stupid and gullibe Americans are. I don't base all my opinions on it, for one, they say Kennedy was shot by a lone assassin. I don't believe that. I do believe that Penn and Teller are smart and funny and are good at finding real experts, as they said in this particular episode, there is always a real scientist out there willing to test your claims.

ThePittman

lord xyz

debbiejo
Sometimes I think why you aren't banned yet. Ohhhh we must be nice to him. He's our only knowledgeable Christian in here.

Bardock42
Quite a fan of their stuff too. Can't remember the points of this one though. But I think it is mostly about people taking the bible literally against hard facts, am I incorrect about that?

FeceMan
Sometimes I think why you aren't banned yet.
Sometimes I think, "Why aren't you banned?"

+1

Bardock42
Sometimes I think, "Why aren't you banned?"

+1

I think he more meant "Sometimes I wonder why you aren't banned." actually.

FeceMan
I know. I was being an ass about his grammar.

Bardock42
I know. I was being an ass about his grammar.

I know, I was being an ass about his thought patterns.

FeceMan
Zing.

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo
Ohhhh we must be nice to him. He's our only knowledgeable Christian in here. He's a prat, we should get rid of him.

lord xyz
I know. I was being an ass about his grammar. My grammar was fine. It's a ligitimate sentence.

FeceMan
My grammar was fine. It's a ligitimate sentence.
You zinged yourself there.

lord xyz
You zinged yourself there. Once again, I haven't made an error. Should it even matter?

FeceMan
1. You made a grammatical gaff on the post to which I replied. Technically, your sentence is correct, but you obviously misspoke and to try to pass it off as being as such is a bunch of horseshit.

2. You misspelled "legitimate."

3. It doesn't even matter.

Bardock42
1. You made a grammatical gaff on the post to which I replied. Technically, your sentence is correct, but you obviously misspoke and to try to pass it off as being as such is a bunch of horseshit.

2. You misspelled "legitimate."

3. It doesn't even matter. Zing?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Zing?
SNAP, CRACKLE, POP, more like.

mr.smiley
If I remember correctly this is the only episode that they apologized for and admitted poor research and that they were wrong about a lot of it... but I can't find that anywhere...

I looked myself to see if I could find it.Their was a person who watched an episode of their show and apoligized for something they said about Mother Teresa,but thats all I can find.Nothing about Penn and Teller saying their sorry for anything they said.
It's some were on this link

www.mediaresearch.org/BozellColumns/entertainmentcolumn/2006/col20060804.asp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.