Tournament Odds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
big grin

so,

be cool if someone wanted to list who they think will win or be in the finals BEFORE the picks are made so we can see how opinions change as characters are picked and we learn who has who.

might be fun to try and guess who you think everyone picked too. smile

anyone have a darkhorse, someone you think may well make a name for themselves in this event?

Scoobless
The list of losers .... + 1

King Kandy
Martian_mind
TricksterPriest
Entity
Joey Stacks
Blair Wind
Roldz
Scoobless
Newjak
Ethereal
Devil Lance
leonidas

Drafts thus far:

01.Yellowjacket
02.Hawkman
03.Havok
04.Spiral
05.Tony Stark
06.Cable w/ techno virus (will soon be banned)
07.Vision
08.Blink
09.Nightshade
10.Doc Sampson

leonidas
danke.

big grin

Scoobless
So ... which one of those chumps did you draft?

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
big grin

so,

be cool if someone wanted to list who they think will win or be in the finals BEFORE the picks are made so we can see how opinions change as characters are picked and we learn who has who.

might be fun to try and guess who you think everyone picked too. smile

anyone have a darkhorse, someone you think may well make a name for themselves in this event?

guy222 big grin

Newjak
Here I'll give you the downlow on how this tourney is going to play out:

WINNER: Newjak

Everyone else

Soljer
My guess is Blair or Scoob for the finals.

Ethereal will probably manage pretty high, too.

Newjak's gonna get embarrassed by someone like....Martian Mind or Trickster. Pitiful.

stick out tongue.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Soljer

Newjak's gonna get embarrassed by someone like....Martian Mind or Trickster. Pitiful.

stick out tongue.

Meh, Scoobless will win erm unfortunately.

Martian Mind & Tricksterpreist.. Joey Stacks hands them both their asses.

Stacks FTW.

Newjak

stick out tongue. Yeah your probably right stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by CasanoVa

Stacks FTW.

haermm Stacks is probably a no-show. I dunno about beating Newjak, Scoob or Blair. Anyone else, I have a decent chance of winning. You're lucky you guys forced out Mr. Sinister. evil face

Newjak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
haermm Stacks is probably a no-show. I dunno about beating Newjak, Scoob or Blair. Anyone else, I have a decent chance of winning. You're lucky you guys forced out Mr. Sinister. evil face Please Sinister never had a chance to get in and you should have known that stick out tongue

Redatom65
Blair's got my bet, but here's hoping a Mongoose might win....

TricksterPriest
I know. yes Hell, I tried to sneak the Ray in, and Goober stopped me at the gate. I was shocked as hell when Goober approved Sinister in the first place. stick out tongue

Newjak
I know. yes Hell, I tried to sneak the Ray in, and Goober stopped me at the gate. I was shocked as hell when Goober approved Sinister in the first place. stick out tongue Oh well I can understand the attempt if you got him approved.

By the way in reality there are three former tourney champs in this tourney.

With Scoobs
BW
and Leo

So they are obviously the favorites going in. stick out tongue

batdude123
I've got my money on:

King Kandy
Martian_mind
TricksterPriest
Entity
Joey Stacks
Blair Wind
Roldz
Scoobless
Newjak
Ethereal
Devil Lance
leonidas

vin

Redatom65
i'm running next time, and KMC will reconize Red as importance...

Symmetric Chaos
I'm gonna take home the gold!

TricksterPriest
You're not even in this tournament. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
You're not even in this tournament. stick out tongue

I'm not letting that stop me.

Newjak
You're not even in this tournament. stick out tongue He can dream can't he stick out tongue

Redatom65
i'd pwn you trickster.... ermmnow

TricksterPriest
durfist You and what amalgam? shifty

Redatom65

Apocalypse, Batman, and Jeph loeb

Symmetric Chaos

It involves Flash, DoctorStrange and Juggernaut.

TricksterPriest
.........shit. Those are good amalgams. shocklaugh

Newjak
Originally posted by Redatom65
Apocalypse, Batman, and Jeph loeb Wouldn't Superman and Jeph Loeb be better erm

stick out tongue

Redatom65
I got Joe Q, if Poccy jobs on me, since he can't beat my other two amalgams

Redatom65
Originally posted by Newjak
Wouldn't Superman and Jeph Loeb be better erm

stick out tongue

cap limit erm

Newjak
cap limit erm Oh right I forgot stick out tongue

Redatom65
Oh right I forgot stick out tongue

the cap limit is Silver Surfer right? well.....even if it was, you see where I'm going with this.

team Quesada would be best with Iron Man and Wolverine actually....

*rethinks strategy*

Scoobless
Apocalypse, Batman, and Jeph loeb

BANNED!! ... Loeb pwned the Avengers the FF and The Hulk all at the same time.

no expression

Redatom65
fine, team Q....

Symmetric Chaos
fine, team Q....

Q (JamesBond) vs Batman vs BurtGummer in a prep war

Actually I'd like to see that.

batdude123
Wouldn't Superman and Jeph Loeb be better erm

stick out tongue

Jeph Loeb + Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jeph Loeb + Superman

Newjak
Originally posted by batdude123
Jeph Loeb + Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jeph Loeb + Superman JL + Supes = unlimited

Scoobless
01.Yellowjacket
02.Hawkman
03.Havok
04.Spiral
05.Iron Man
07.Vision
08.Blink
09.Nightshade
10.Doc Sampson

If these ten were to fight a series of one on one matches (within the limits set for the tourney) who would take the most wins?

Cable will be banned so we're not counting him.

stick out tongue

I'd have to go with Vision and Iron Man

erm

Redatom65
you'd have thought Scoob would have talked about my picks like everyone else....

Scoobless
you'd have thought Scoob would have talked about my picks like everyone else....

Stay within the caps and I'll consider it.

stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Scoobless
01.Yellowjacket
02.Hawkman
03.Havok
04.Spiral
05.Iron Man
07.Vision
08.Blink
09.Nightshade
10.Doc Sampson

If these ten were to fight a series of one on one matches (within the limits set for the tourney) who would take the most wins?

Cable will be banned so we're not counting him.

stick out tongue

I'd have to go with Vision and Iron Man

erm

In a forum battle? Probably Nightshade I would think.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
In a forum battle? Probably Nightshade I would think.

She's limited to only 2 constructs that have to be < Iron Man.

no expression

Martian_mind
That construct thing still means she's a beast....

Symmetric Chaos
She's limited to only 2 constructs that have to be < Iron Man.

no expression

I misread your statement "within the limits of the tourney" as "without the limits of the tourney" sorry.

Redatom65
Stay within the caps and I'll consider it.

stick out tongue

Joe Didio, Jeph Loeb, and Fabian Niceiza.

They'll retcon your characters

Scoobless
Originally posted by Martian_mind
That construct thing still means she's a beast....

Yeah, I agree .... that's why I drafted her ... or did I?

shifty

DigiMark007
Why did we ever get rid of the idea of ACTUALLY laying odds and betting and stuff.

All it takes is an unbiased, 3rd-party PayPal account, and we could be awarding money to the winners of these things.

And it also means that everyone would take them seriously because there'd be money on the line (less no-shows).

I think that's probably the only way I'd ever come out of tourney-hosting retirement. If we pulled out all the stops and did stuff like that.

For a while I thought an inter-forum tourney (KMC vs. ???) would be sweet....but the more I think about it, the more it just seems like a logistical nightmare that would end up being lots of work, no fun, and completely anti-climactic.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
For a while I thought an inter-forum tourney (KMC vs. ???) would be sweet....but the more I think about it, the more it just seems like a logistical nightmare that would end up being lots of work, no fun, and completely anti-climactic.

Even if it was a spatial tourney?

stick out tongue

Newjak
Why did we ever get rid of the idea of ACTUALLY laying odds and betting and stuff.. So what do you see as the odds Digi stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Even if it was a spatial tourney?

stick out tongue

Actually, it's definitely temporal, but internet websites aren't the most "spatial" things in the world.

So what do you see as the odds Digi stick out tongue

Not saying. I'm judging this time around, and I can match all but a few picks-to-participants right now (people seem to like to talk to me). I'd feel kinda guilty laying odds with more knowledge than anyone else, and an obligation to remain unbiased until I see the debates.

But hell, if it wasn't alreayd too far into the process, I'd be more than willing to be the PayPal guinea pig.

Redatom65
Why did we ever get rid of the idea of ACTUALLY laying odds and betting and stuff.

All it takes is an unbiased, 3rd-party PayPal account, and we could be awarding money to the winners of these things

thanks for volunteering, no wonder your a mod

DigiMark007
thanks for volunteering, no wonder your a mod

It would require everyone agreeing to putting money in before they enter, so at this point it's too late to do that because there'd be lag time while we set everything up and also people dropping out because they wouldn't want to do that. We'd need to establish it from the beginning....and even then, it would be...interesting.

Scoobless
We'd need to establish it from the beginning....and even then, it would be...interesting.

Interesting how? ... like 5% of my winnings interesting? 10%?

shifty

Redatom65
It would require everyone agreeing to putting money in before they enter, so at this point it's too late to do that because there'd be lag time while we set everything up and also people dropping out because they wouldn't want to do that. We'd need to establish it from the beginning....and even then, it would be...interesting.

not earning much on the realestate eh, boss, maybe next tourney......

DigiMark007
Interesting how? ... like 5% of my winnings interesting? 10%?

shifty

We'd split the winnings down the middle, partner. 60/40. wink

Also, listening to random epic music I just found while reading a sweet comic = the coolest thing I've done thing week.

King Kandy
I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it for the glory!

DigiMark007
Bah, glory. There's too many good debators. Just laugh and take a cut while they waste hours pursuing their temporary "glory".

*finds new calling in life*

Anyway, just based on name recognition, this should be a good tourney. A few past champions, a few vets, a couple new-ish but knowledgeable people. Only a couple "Who?" moments in the role call.

King Kandy
Only a couple "Who?" moments in the role call.
embarrasment

TricksterPriest
pet I'm fairly sure you're not a who person. That's more for guys like Joey Stacks and Martian. stick out tongue

WorldWarHulk
a couple new-ish but knowledgeable people. Ha!
TricksterPriest...
New-ish, I agree...
Knowledgeable however...

shifty

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by CasanoVa

Stacks FTW. ...

Joey Stacks once debated with me that Hulk could take a team made up of the Authority's best (menos the doctor), WHEN they had the ship as a power source for Jenny... on Coruscant. You know, the planet that's basically a giant city?

DigiMark007
Yeah. Hawksmoor on Coruscant.....the possibilities are mind-boggling. He's probably High Herald level going on Sub-Skyfather.

Or Jenny for that matter. That kind of power course could give her enough energy to electrocute God (oh wait, she did that already... wink )

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Ha!
TricksterPriest...
New-ish, I agree...
Knowledgeable however...

shifty

Psshhh, you've been here only a few months more than I have. roll eyes (sarcastic) How come you didn't enter this one?

WorldWarHulk
Yeah. Hawksmoor on Coruscant.....the possibilities are mind-boggling. He's probably High Herald level going on Sub-Skyfather.

Or Jenny for that matter. That kind of power course could give her enough energy to electrocute God (oh wait, she did that already... wink ) Wouldn't he be like Ego?

Psshhh, you've been here only a few months more than I have. roll eyes (sarcastic) How come you didn't enter this one? Too much depends on me being in the mood to post a bunch of long winded posts.

Also, seeing as how you are in, I should have joined... yet another chance to crush you.

DigiMark007
Wouldn't he be like Ego?

Presumably. Put like that, my estimates might even be a bit low.

King Kandy
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

Joey Stacks once debated with me that Hulk could take a team made up of the Authority's best (menos the doctor), WHEN they had the ship as a power source for Jenny... on Coruscant. You know, the planet that's basically a giant city?
I don't think that qualifies as "Debating".

WorldWarHulk
Presumably. Put like that, my estimates might even be a bit low. Except he would have arms, to block people like Glads.

TricksterPriest
nosweat Ok, so even if he shows up, he's going down in the first round.

Also, Hawksmoor on Coruscant=Ego? I'm not so sure. Close to Ego in power, but Ego has matter manipulation, energy absorbtion, lightspeed travel, and psi-power comparable to a weak Galactus.

DigiMark007
nosweat Ok, so even if he shows up, he's going down in the first round.

Also, Hawksmoor on Coruscant=Ego? I'm not so sure. Close to Ego in power, but Ego has matter manipulation, energy absorbtion, lightspeed travel, and psi-power comparable to a weak Galactus.

Lightspeed and energy absorbtion wouldn't be hard at all for Jack, given the nearly endless canvas he would have to work with.

And he'd make up for the others with Class "Arms-the-Size-of-Continents" punches.

cool

Entity
Do I even have odds in this thing? no
Oh well this is just my first one and more pratice than anything. lamo
stupid

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by Entity
Do I even have odds in this thing? no
Was that a rhetorical question?

SpunkySmurph
stupid So, what do you mean exactly when you call Digi stupid, and say that you're "with" him?

Entity
Was that a rhetorical question? Are you serious? stick out tongue

So, what do you mean exactly when you call Digi stupid, and say that you're "with" him? Actually it was my chances I was refering to as stupid. I thought that was obvious. Guess I was wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Martian_mind
This is madness!!!!

SpunkySmurph

Actually it was my chances I was refering to as stupid. I thought that was obvious. Guess I was wrong. petpet

TricksterPriest
This is madness!!!!

evil face I just have to finish this line. THIS IS, SPARTA!!!!!

Digi: That's two out of three. But can he be mindraped?

WorldWarHulk

Digi: That's two out of three. But can he be mindraped? He/city then falls down onto the opponent if he does get mindraped... (assuming he can)

That's a lose, lose situation...

DigiMark007

Digi: That's two out of three. But can he be mindraped?

Unsure really. The entire Authority is pretty well tp-blocked. One dude took over Jack once (Volume 2...the "Godhead" guy....forget his name), but he had to physically touch him to do it. Somehow I doubt it would work if he were phased with a planet.

TricksterPriest
Is it possible for Ego to psychically locate and remove Hawksmoore's physical body from Coruscant, thereby depriving him of his power?

WorldWarHulk
Is it possible for Ego to psychically locate and remove Hawksmoore's physical body from Coruscant, thereby depriving him of his power? Ego level, doesn't mean that Ego couldn't beat him.

SpunkySmurph
Obviously, the only important note here, is that he would pwn Apocalypse

TricksterPriest
Depends on Digi's answer to my question. And he'd need a good sized city to beat Apoc. But yeah, he could do it. Unless he can indeed be mindraped or removed from the city via teleport, etc. Then Poccy can win.

Blair Wind
Wrong thread dude. Take it elsewhere. It's like Apoc....no one really wants to hear it. wink

Because this thread has been non-stop hardcore tourney talk.....

Fair point...but not a valid excuse for your own off-topic-ness. It could probably be taken as a "general" comment, it just happened to be at your specific one.

no expression

WorldWarHulk
Depends on Digi's answer to my question. And he'd need a good sized city to beat Apoc. But yeah, he could do it. Unless he can indeed be mindraped or removed from the city via teleport, etc. Then Poccy can win. Oh please.
You were unsure if Ego could seperate him via TP, now you're saying if he is vunerable, he can be mindraped by Apoc?

Ego's TP = a good planet full of "good" Tp'ers more than Apoc could ever dream of.

Martian_mind
Lol at Digi's hypocrisy.

TricksterPriest
Oh please.
You were unsure if Ego could seperate him via TP, now you're saying if he is vunerable, he can be mindraped by Apoc?

Ego's TP = a good planet full of "good" Tp'ers more than Apoc could ever dream of.

I can dream. durfist laughing

Scoobless
So we're giving Ego good odds at winning the tourney then? ... but only if he can beat Hawksmoor?

no expression

DigiMark007
Lol at Digi's hypocrisy.

Lol at MM's ban.

no expression

But sure, if you wanted you could find off topic stuff in any poster (mods included). I was just trying to curb it in that specific thread because it was a draft thread, and the more spam there is, the more confusion and lack of information there is. This thread doesn't have that problem.

So quit looking for excuses to seem like you're a smart alec. It was nothing personal. Just watching out for the forum.

Joey Stacks

And you couldn't give me one thing Hawksmoor could do on a planet that he couldn't do in a normal city (outside of telling me War Hulk has no feats but Hawksmoor has these unforseen powers), where he gets punked by Midnighter.

And lol @ Jenny being able to use all the power on Coruscant. Jenny's limits are barely a city.

Oh and

Hawksmoor on Coruscant = Ego?

laughing out loud

That alone speaks for itself.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
And you couldn't give me one thing Hawksmoor could do on a planet that he couldn't do in a normal city Actually, you never asked me that. What you DID tell me was that Coruscant just meant more things for Hulk to smash.

Does a continental-sized fist smashing Hulk into the ground even register with you?

(outside of telling me War Hulk has no feats but Hawksmoor has these unforseen powers) Unforseen by you, maybe. I believe I showed you scans and even calculated how fast and easily Hulk would lose, and you told me to stop with the math, because you didn't like it. no expression

Scoobless
Screw it, I draft Ego.

smile

DigiMark007
And lol @ Jenny being able to use all the power on Coruscant. Jenny's limits are barely a city.

Actually, when has Jenny ever shown a limit to the amount of electricity she can channel? Ever?

Hell, the God-organism thing single-handedly shoots this theory down. The Carrier alone is city-sized, and the brain she deep-fried was probably 100x the Carrier (at least).

TricksterPriest
Actually, when has Jenny ever shown a limit to the amount of electricity she can channel? Ever?

Hell, the God-organism thing single-handedly shoots this theory down. The Carrier alone is city-sized, and the brain she deep-fried was probably 100x the Carrier (at least).

Thank god most of the authority are over the caps........... nosweat

DigiMark007
King Kandy
Martian_mind
TricksterPriest
Entity
Joey Stacks
Blair Wind
Roldz
Scoobless
Newjak
Ethereal
Devil Lance
leonidas

Drafts

01.Yellowjacket
02.Hawkman
03.Havok
04.Spiral
05.Tony Stark
06.Cable w/ techno virus
07.Vision
08.Blink
09.Nightshade
10.Doc Sampson
11.Karate Kid
12.Spartan v. 1.0

Thoughts:
- Doc Sampson would've fallen.
- Same with Hawkman, though I don't mind the pick.
- Gotta say, I love Karate Kid as a pick. I would've gone there in a hurry if I was in this.
- Cable still neds to be banned for a variety of reasons
- Otherwise, solid picks.

Blair Wind
edit: posting has been weird lately confused Sometimes it shows sometimes it doesnt

Scoobless
I have no idea what you're talking about.

no expression

Martian_mind
That has happened to me before as well.I'd type up something and wouldn't know if it came up.

Symmetric Chaos
I have no idea what you're talking about.

no expression

The pressure is making BW start to crack.

Blair Wind
Digi's post wouldnt show up for a good three minutes. Its weird erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Digi's post wouldnt show up for a good three minutes. Its weird erm

Refresh button?
Jump back to the main page and return?

Martian_mind
I once was in a thread and i could see everyone else posting but not mine,so i started asking if anyone could see them.My only indication was Bigbran saying,ah,finally we can make fun of him while he's not around.

Fagboys.

WorldWarHulk
09.Nightshade
Wait... What the f**k?
I see that as almost no different than a GL, except has shown higher power (talking about hitting Spectre).
So, can someone draft Kyle, but lower his constructs to Iron Man level?

And then, most likely drop a monster feat in the middle of a tourney?

I see the same thing happening with her.

Symmetric Chaos
no expression I hope that was a typo . . .

DigiMark007
Wait... What the f**k?
I see that as almost no different than a GL, except has shown higher power (talking about hitting Spectre).
So, can someone draft Kyle, but lower his constructs to Iron Man level?

And then, most likely drop a monster feat in the middle of a tourney?

I see the same thing happening with her.

Take it up with the participants. I just posted the list.

Also, bumping this:

King Kandy
Martian_mind
TricksterPriest
Entity
Joey Stacks
Blair Wind
Roldz
Scoobless
Newjak
Ethereal
Devil Lance
leonidas

Drafts

01.Yellowjacket
02.Hawkman
03.Havok
04.Spiral
05.Tony Stark
06.Cable w/ techno virus
07.Vision
08.Blink
09.Nightshade
10.Doc Sampson
11.Karate Kid
12.Spartan v. 1.0

Thoughts:
- Doc Sampson would've fallen.
- Same with Hawkman, though I don't mind the pick.
- Gotta say, I love Karate Kid as a pick. I would've gone there in a hurry if I was in this.
- Cable still neds to be banned for a variety of reasons
- Otherwise, solid picks.

Martian_mind
Nightshade has the all clear from Blair,Scoob and Goober,plus she's limited to two constructs and each has to be below Iron man.

laughing out loud I bet whoever picked her was planning what you said and are kicking themselves now

King_Mungi
edit: posting has been weird lately confused Sometimes it shows sometimes it doesnt

I have noticed that as well, your not the only one.

WorldWarHulk
Take it up with the participants. I just posted the list.

Also, bumping this: Just saw the closet thing responding to her, and took your post.

Also.
Nightshade... sort of has the power to KO everyone in this with one hit.
I'd say she has the best odds... but based on the person with her...
Ya, I guess it doesn't matter.

TricksterPriest
I'm not sure about Nightshade. even with her being restricted, her powers make her over the caps. You know what, I'm gonna try and get her kicked. She's getting in on a technicality and she's over the caps. no

Blair Wind
Nightshade has the all clear from Blair,Scoob and Goober,plus she's limited to two constructs and each has to be below Iron man.

laughing out loud I bet whoever picked her was planning what you said and are kicking themselves now

confused I gave scans to show she was over.

Martian_mind
Vision Koed Nefaria,I'd be silent Tricker....or i will help whoever has her to bring your ass down...

Soljer
Alright then, I draft Thanos, but I'll make sure to keep every single thing I do within Iron-man level. no expression.

Neutering is bullshit. Pick a character below the level, or don't pick.

DigiMark007
I'd tend to agree about not allowing neutering, but tourney hosts get pushed into concers in a hurry by participants, even the "tough" ones. It's also hard when (usually) the participants know a lot more about the people they're picking and can cater the argument for their character to suit their needs. I'm the guiltiest party of the bunch, with some of the stuff I let into the "street" amalgam tourney.

TricksterPriest
Alright then, I draft Thanos, but I'll make sure to keep every single thing I do within Iron-man level. no expression.

QFT. How many times do I have to say this part? SHE KOED SUPERMAN! mad

And screw you Martian. stick out tongue Goober's not taking Vision away. you're just pissed cause I got a good pick.

Soljer
Regardless.

Neutering = fail.

Pick within the caps, or don't pick.

Hmph.

Martian_mind
QFT. How many times do I have to say this part? SHE KOED SUPERMAN! mad

And screw you Martian. stick out tongue Goober's not taking Vision away. you're just pissed cause I got a good pick.

Vision Koed Nefaria.

Banning Nightshade from Stack for the Superman thing is just you being a hypocritical d*ck...

TricksterPriest
Ok ok. I'll shut up. But it's a bigger deal to KO Supes than it is to KO Nefaria.

Soljer
Ok ok. I'll shut up. But it's a bigger deal to KO Supes than it is to KO Nefaria.

Much.

Joey Stacks
Actually, you never asked me that. What you DID tell me was that Coruscant just meant more things for Hulk to smash.

Does a continental-sized fist smashing Hulk into the ground even register with you?

Unforseen by you, maybe. I believe I showed you scans and even calculated how fast and easily Hulk would lose, and you told me to stop with the math, because you didn't like it. no expression

Oh I told you that Hulk's durability plus healing factor makes the scans mute and random mathmatics is poor debating. You said lol no f34ts. I cried lame.

Btw

laughing out loud @ a continental sized fist doing more then making War Hulk angry.

WorldWarHulk
laughing out loud @ a continental sized fist doing more then making War Hulk angry. What the f**k?

Joey Stacks

In the Authority and Stormwatch books where she says she's almost out of energy from the cities powergrid to work with. I could provide scans if you don't believe me. If her range is as long as you said, why does she even mention this

Oh and frying the brain is what burned her out and killed her. sad (remember if you read Authority Revolution it is not set in stone that Jenny's die every hundred years, in fact Jenny's brother in a sick sense Elijah Snow being unaffected helps prove that Sparks would likely have survived).

Joey Stacks
What the f**k?

What he going to do with the continental fist? Try to squeeze someone that nearly decapitated classic Juggs and could likely hack his way out? Try to punch Hulk and damage himself in the process? Nothing. Jack Hawksmoor cannot do anything to the Hulk. The Hulk, on the other hand, could theoretically become angry enough to smash the planet leaving Hawksmoor dead. And guess what, the more city there is to damage, the easier it is for someone with Hulk level strength to beat Hawksmoor, read the comics for proof. Hawksmoor has NEVER been a threat to any credible opponent. There's a reason for this.

WorldWarHulk
What he going to do with the continental fist? Try to squeeze someone that nearly decapitated classic Juggs and could likely hack his way out? Try to punch Hulk and damage himself in the process? Nothing. Jack Hawksmoor cannot do anything to the Hulk. The Hulk, on the other hand, could theoretically become angry enough to smash the planet leaving Hawksmoor dead. And guess what, the more city there is to damage, the easier it is for someone with Hulk level strength to beat Hawksmoor, read the comics for proof. Hawksmoor has NEVER been a threat to any credible opponent. There's a reason for this. Imagine Asia crashing down on Hulk...
Ya, he's f*cked. It's bullshit, or bias to say otherwise.

Nearly decapitated Juggernaut? What the f*ck are you talking about? He flipped off his helmet, and in HULK'S words, he was going to do it.
Yes, amazing, that it never happened.
Also, nearly decapitating implies that he had already cut through his neck, and nearly took his head off.
Hulk did nothing of the sort, and really, even if he did...
It means nothing against someone who could be as big as a planet (based on the location).

HA! The only time Hulk has done something like this, is when he was shot out of a canon.
Now, he can supposedly shut down an entire attacking planet (smashing the planet)?
I fail to see how this could go any other way...
Unless (suprise), Hulk is getting overated.

Also, this arguement doesn't belong here, so I'm not going to spammzerz teh thread with this pointless (as pointless, as trying to convince ass and wang, that Storm can't beat Magneto), debate.
Since zoMG, Hulk isn't even in this tourney!

Joey Stacks
1.) Hulk had Juggs on his ass and was about to cut his head clean off. Classic Juggs has been cut before (and actually feared for his life as he was COMPLETELY manhandled unlike he's ever been before), there's nothing (outside of personal preference) to suggest otherwise.

2.) Jack Hawksmoor crashing Asia into the Hulk would be like me crashing my fist into my face and is not even close to a guarunteed kill unless the surface is made out of addy or something.

3.) Hulk has (stated more times then I can count) unlimited strength potential. Which essentially means that not only will he get pumped up constantly by the Celestial Tech he also gets the anger to pump him to greater levels. You can say bull or no f34ts and I can say don't argue with the writers and start reading comics for more then silly displays of power (especially Hulk comics).

4.) Once again, Hawksmoor has NEVER IN HIS LIFE been portrayed as a heavy hitter that he's been made out to be and has NEVER IN HIS LIFE been able to put down Hulk like opponents (hell the Authority got their asses kicked by someone with the strength of about 5 million men, women and children which if you adjust giving a VERY giving average of 200 lbs bench press is around 1,000,000 tons). Lol I can do math too, but at least there's a basis this time!

WorldWarHulk
1.) Hulk had Juggs on his ass and was about to cut his head clean off. Classic Juggs has been cut before, there's nothing (outside of personal preference) to suggest otherwise. And nothing to suggest he would have had his head cut... amaze-zing-zing!
Also, he's been cut in the eyes...

2.) Jack Hawksmoor crashing Asia into the Hulk would be like me crashing my fist into my face and is not even a guarunteed kill. That is... most likely, the worst comparison, in which someone is trying to prove a point, I have ever heard.no expression
First of all, your fist isn't trillions of times heavier than your face.
Second, your fist isn't also trillions of times bigger than your face.

Next, I never said kill, I said "f*ck him up".
Which, if one hit would f*ck him up, what would two do, or three (even though, I think one shall do justice)?

3.) Hulk has (stated more times then I can count) unlimited strength potential. Which essentially means that not only will he get pumped up constantly by the Celestial Tech he also gets the anger to pump him to greater levels. You can say bull or no f34ts and I can say don't argue with the writers and start reading comics for more then silly displays of power (especially Hulk comics). All that unlimited strength did terrific, when Spider-Man, Namor, etc, KOed him...ermm
Also, when you say unlimited strength, it almost, sounds like you are saying he can get more powerful than LT (since no one is unlimited besides God).
It may have been stated many times, but it still makes no sense, and he has been beaten too many times, for this logic to work (not to mention, he's in the middle of the f*cking battle, and he's not going to be standing there getting angry the whole time).

You don't have to argue with the writers to know that a certain feat is bullshit. Based on your logic, all feats in comics are all acceptable. Which, even you can't believe that (also, what the f*ck does what you said, have to do with this thread? You just repeated your arguement to Spunky, to me, and it doesn't even work, but I might as well shoot it down)...

4.) Once again, Hawksmoor has NEVER IN HIS LIFE been portrayed as a heavy hitter that he's been made out to be and has NEVER IN HIS LIFE been able to put down Hulk like opponents (hell the Authority got their asses kicked by someone with the strength of about 5 million men, women and children which if you adjust giving a VERY giving average of 200 lbs bench press is around 1,000,000 tons) How much common sense do you need, to figure out that someone controlling an entire planet full of cities, is going to be more than every other one of his showings?
Obviously a lot...ermm

OK, I'm done, continue with yourself, since no more spam is needed, and also, aren't you a contestant in this thing, and yet, you are debating about nothing basically?

Joey Stacks
1.) Talk about arguing just to argue, if Juggs has been cut before why is cutting his head any different? And BTW he's been cut across the body before. Him being killed by a decap is arguable, him being able to be decapped, not so much

2.) What are you talking about Fist being billions of times heavier then your face? When Hawksmoor is in a city he's one with the city. He feels the pollution, a destroyed building hurts him, etc. Him crashing an Asain sized fist into a planet sized City would be akin to me punching myself in the face. Not a bad comparison, you probably just haven't read much Authority.

3.) One hit will "**** him up" and it'd "**** up" Hawksmoor as well. Hulk is likely to heal faster though (I don't recall Hawksmoor ever healing messed up cities).

4.) Hay I can use low showings not relevant to a character as well, like when Lobo chumps Hawksmoor like he's no more then Street level or Kev blows his face off or Midnighter needs to be restrained from kicking his ass

Oops those are actually Hawksmoor in his normal incarnation unlike your use of weaker Hulk incarnations and out of context low showings.

5.) Um if LT strength is unlimited how could Hulk get more powerful? Think man, think.

6.) Actually all I require is one correctly contexted example of a bigger City making Hawksmoor more powerful then a smaller city (by correctly contexted I mean not taking events from Sparks's mini that had him acting out of instinct, not knowing what he was doing and completely forgetting the event in question). The only thing a bigger city allows Hawksmoor is more maneuvering space.

7.) And I tell you that Hawksmoor has fought lower-then Hulk level beings in a heavy populated City and not even made a blip on his radar and you still ignore this

TricksterPriest
I can see why no one is concerned about him taking Nightshade........roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
Vision Koed Nefaria,I'd be silent Tricker....or i will help whoever has her to bring your ass down...

Vision has never KOed Nefaria .... that I know about (when did this happen?)

I agree ... if a character is over the caps then he/she should be banned.

Joey Stacks
I can see why no one is concerned about him taking Nightshade........roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope you pull me in the first round smile

Bye's ftw

Martian_mind
Vision has never KOed Nefaria .... that I know about (when did this happen?)

I agree ... if a character is over the caps then he/she should be banned.

He Turned Utra dense and fell on him FTW.Nightshade only took Superman down by expoilting a weakness...plus,it's Joey stacks....

Maybe,but no-one was complaining like this when Blair,a far superior character snuck in Black Alice last tourney due to neutering.

Blair Wind
Nightshade still created a contstruct that was bigger than a hundred mountains. Also, who says its stacks? Other than MM saying it erm

and pffft, Thanos would kick the crap outa BA no expression

Martian_mind
Nightshade still created a contstruct that was bigger than a hundred mountains. Also, who says its stacks? Other than MM saying it erm

and pffft, Thanos would kick the crap outa BA no expression [/QUOTE

Tricker also says it's stacks,and the neutering makes that feat worthless.I see no issue.

So....if she took eclipso's power Thanos would win?

Scoobless
Maybe,but no-one was complaining like this when Blair,a far superior character snuck in Black Alice last tourney due to neutering.

Are you kidding? everyone complained about that .... the only person who didn't was whoever it was who ran that tourney.

Martian_mind
It was Batdude......how could you not remember that?

Joey Stacks

Tricker also says it's stacks,and the neutering makes that feat worthless.I see no issue.

That alone tells you that it wasn't J-Stacks

Martian_mind
If it wasn't you.....

Oh,oh,now i see.I'm a gonnna kill him.....

Scoobless
It was Batdude......how could you not remember that?

shrug

If it wasn't you.....

Oh,oh,now i see.I'm a gonnna kill him.....

whistling

evil face

Martian_mind
shrug

whistling

evil face

I don't belive for a second it was you Scoob.This was a sick and twisted act from someone who likes to work "behind the scenes".

From his words responding to my Pm i thought he'd dropped her.

It wasn't you was it Scoobs?If so i say she's fine,i want to pwn u while you have the best amalgam you can.

Scoobless
I don't belive for a second it was you Scoob.

It wasn't you was it Scoobs?

laughing

evil face

Martian_mind
laughing

evil face

You son of a *****.Then i'm fine with her.

My whola character will be dedicated to wiping yours away.

Ethereal
my opinion based on judging by past tourneys, debates, tenacity, resourcefulness, and overall activity in the comics forums: Although I dont know much, the rest is left up to "intuition"

ala march madness style.

#1 & 2 Seed Spot:
Scoobless -1
Blair Wind-1
leonidas-2
Entity-2

#3 & 4 Seed Spots:
Devil lance-3
Newjack-3
martian_mind-4
King Kandy-4

#5 & 6 Seed Spot:
TrickerPriest-5
roldz-5
Joey Stacks- 6
Ethereal- 6

yeah, put myself last cuz Im humble like that smile

Drafts thus far:

01.Yellowjacket
02.Hawkman
03.Havok
04.Spiral
05.Tony Stark
07.Vision
08.Blink
09.Nightshade
10.Doc Sampson
11. Spartan
12. Karate Kid

Martian_mind
Awesome,I was put above Tricker.

Not an accomplishment but i can atleast rub Trickers face in it.

Newjak
Awesome,I was put above Tricker.

Not an accomplishment but i can atleast rub Trickers face in it. And I got put above you and I got the third seed which I'm fine with. stick out tongue

Ethereal
Yeah when it went past seed 3, it is truly harder to separate everyone. And I dont want anyone to feel down because your 5 or 6 seeded. I havent seen Joey Stacks here that much, or knew who he was, sorry. roldz I havent seen active. But maybe it's just me. An Trickster hasnt been focusing lately, he needs to sleep more i guess. hehe.

Going by this though. these would be the matchups:

Scoobless -1 vs martian_mind-4
Blair Wind-1 vs King Kandy-4
leonidas-2 vs Trickster-5
Entity-2 vs roldz-5
Devil lance-3 vs Joey Stacks-6
Newjack-3 vs Ethereal-6

Then

East Division:

Scoobless -1 vs martian_mind-4
Entity-2 vs roldz-5

Central Division:

leonidas-2 vs Trickster-5
Newjack-3 vs Ethereal-6

West Division:

Blair Wind-1 vs King Kandy-4
Devil lance-3 vs Joey Stacks-6

To make it fair as possible...I love making brackets smile

Martian_mind
Hey,the list isn't perfect.

Also you've been here much longer then me and have had more chances to shine.Oddly enough i tied candy who's been here longer,beat Tricker who's been here longer,beat Roldz who's been here longer and beat ethereal.

I've nearly cemented myself as a KMC great in the making.

Edit:Lol,i got paired agianst a 1.

Newjak
Hey,the list isn't perfect.

Also you've been here much longer then me and have had more chances to shine.Oddly enough i tied candy who's been here longer,beat Tricker who's been here longer,beat Roldz who's been here longer and beat ethereal.

I've nearly cemented myself as a KMC great in the making. Nearly isn't doing.

To do that you have got to beat the best of course with three previous tourney champions, two of which with more than one tourney ring, you'll have your chance stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Nearly isn't doing.

To do that you have got to beat the best of course with three previous tourney champions, two of which with more than one tourney ring, you'll have your chance stick out tongue

Hell,my only threats in the tourney are Scoobs,Blair and......well i'll say you.....

Kandy would be fun,but Tricker....oh,I will crush him.

Newjak
Hell,my only threats in the tourney are Scoobs,Blair and......well i'll say you.....

Kandy would be fun,but Tricker....oh,I will crush him. Me I'm flattered but I would worry more about Leonidas

Scoobs has won 3

BW has won 2

Leo has won 1

So they have to be the ones everyone is concerned with. stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Me I'm flattered but I would worry more about Leonidas

Scoobs has won 3

BW has won 2

Leo has won 1

So they have to be the ones everyone is concerned with. stick out tongue

Who the **** is Leo?

I'm not concerned.....I'm tingling with anticipation....as you can see from the tier thread,i never surrender...

Ethereal
It's not always about being here longer, I know others come from different sites, so I give the benefit of the doubt. the majority of picks are just personal flavor. Also, I thought entity ran a tourney once/or was a good debator? maybe Im wrong?, I also gave devi llance a high seed too because he seemed to know how to run tourneys, hehe

*runs and hides* stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Nighty night.

Newjak
Who the **** is Leo?

I'm not concerned.....I'm tingling with anticipation....as you can see from the tier thread,i never surrender... Well all I can say is if you are worried about me then he beat me in a tourney match.

So to worry about me means you should probably give him more credit.

And the fact he won the tourney proves he isn't that bad.

Scoobless
the fact he won the tourney proves he isn't that bad.

It was the Herald Team tourney Leo won, wasn't it?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>