Opinion Needed: Ownership

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Just wondering: say you buy a video game and your roommate decides to play it before you do, and you get angry at them for doing so. You bought the game with your money and haven't had time to play it yet. Do you have a right to get mad or is that no big deal that someone else is using something before you, that you own?

silver_tears
I'd get mad, but it's illogical when you think about it. It's not like they'll harm it.

JKozzy
Very true; it's the principle that counts here stick out tongue

Lana
I'd get mad; if I bought a game, then I'd want to play it first, damnit!

That and it's kind of rude to take and use something that doesn't belong to you without first asking.

Sweet Escape
Like it would irritate me, but I wouldn't get like super mad or anything.

Strangelove
I would definitely get mad

Mr. Bacon
id be semi mad unless they asked first

Mr Happy Pants
i would be upset, afterall, it's not their property to begin with.

put it this way, if you got a new girlfriend, and you brought her home, and left the room for a moment, would it be okay for your roommate to try her out?

SpartanII
Originally posted by Mr Happy Pants
i would be upset, afterall, it's not their property to begin with.

put it this way, if you got a new girlfriend, and you brought her home, and left the room for a moment, would it be okay for your roommate to try her out?

you cant compare a woman to a video game

i would be mad if they didnt ask. what game was it?

Mr. Bacon
hey joe when are you done with school?

JKozzy
Originally posted by SpartanII

i would be mad if they didnt ask. what game was it? Final Fantasy III (the most recent one this happened to, this has happened before)
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
hey joe when are you done with school? This is my freakin last week of classes no expression I can't believe it.... finals are next week and I evidently have to be home by April 28. So not much left here.. how about you?

Mr Happy Pants
Originally posted by SpartanII

i would be mad if they didnt ask. what game was it?

*sigh* it was a joke.

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by JKozzy
Final Fantasy III
This is my freakin last week of classes no expression I can't believe it.... finals are next week and I evidently have to be home by April 28. So not much left here.. how about you?
i have class until the 29th, latest im out is may 11th, you should get out early you started in like mid august

General G
I would be pretty annoyed, no matter what game.

SpartanII
Final Fantasy III (the most recent one this happened to, this has happened before)
This is my freakin last week of classes no expression I can't believe it.... finals are next week and I evidently have to be home by April 28. So not much left here.. how about you?

on ds? that really pushes the capabilities of the machine. its great to see third party developers testing out the limits of such a nifty piece of kit.

aka, the graphics ****in' rawk.

SpartanII
Originally posted by Mr Happy Pants
*sigh* it was a joke.

*sigh* it wasnt funny 131

JKozzy
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
i have class until the 29th, latest im out is may 11th, you should get out early you started in like mid august Close to it.. looking forward to 4 months of summer Happy Dance

Mr. Bacon
Close to it.. looking forward to 4 months of summer Happy Dance
hell yea me too 2121

Strangelove
By the way, we've missed you, Joe dance

I used to be Lord Soth, just so that wasn't too random ermm

Lana
FFIII is awesome.

I kinda quit playing it, though...got stuck at a part that's annoyed me immensely. **** you, mountains ermm

SpartanII
Originally posted by Lana
FFIII is awesome.

I kinda quit playing it, though...got stuck at a part that's annoyed me immensely. **** you, mountains ermm

i lol'd

fry crack corn, and i dont care,
leela crack corn, and i dont care,
bender crack corn, and he's the greatest!
take that you stupid corn

JKozzy
Originally posted by Strangelove
By the way, we've missed you, Joe dance

I used to be Lord Soth, just so that wasn't too random ermm Ah, yo dude, what's up?

FFIII is awesome.

I kinda quit playing it, though...got stuck at a part that's annoyed me immensely. **** you, mountains ermm I hope so... still have to play it stick out tongue

BakaXero
that one scene in 300 has infested my mind...
I was about to suggest that you shout out "This... is... my....GAME!!!"
then kick him down a hole.
It's suddenly feels like a solution to everything. srug

JKozzy
laughing out loud so true..

Strangelove
Ah, yo dude, what's up?Same old same old

Syren
I would get suitably annoyed, probably break something important to them ermm

But I'd also realise I was being ridiculously immature and that there are worse things that could happen.

Then I'd break something else happy

smoker4
You should pimp slap him Kozzy smokin' playing with my ff is like playing with my emotions

Lana
Originally posted by BakaXero
that one scene in 300 has infested my mind...
I was about to suggest that you shout out "This... is... my....GAME!!!"
then kick him down a hole.
It's suddenly feels like a solution to everything. srug

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=231

Council#13
Just wondering: say you buy a video game and your roommate decides to play it before you do, and you get angry at them for doing so. You bought the game with your money and haven't had time to play it yet. Do you have a right to get mad or is that no big deal that someone else is using something before you, that you own?

I'd be pretty damned annoyed, but I wouldn't get super angry.

Syren

I'm reading those now... too funny laughing out loud

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=6

Lana
Hehe big grin I love VG Cats.

BakaXero
yeah... I know... i posted it Barker's thread earlier when something about Mario came up stick out tongue

Syren
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=26

laughing

Syren
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=31

hysterical

Someone tell me there's another thread on these strips alone because I'm in serious danger of spamming this one ninja

Lana
Originally posted by Syren
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=26

laughing

At the anime convention I go to, this guy used to cosplay as Snake and walk around under the cardboard box. It was AWESOME.

And I think there's a webcomic thread somewhere...

Syren
Sounds like a lot of fun. It's not something I've ever been into but I can see why you enjoy it yes

Yayness, I'm still reading them laughing out loud

Lana
I'd hope I enjoy it, this year is my second year on staff stick out tongue

It's a lot of fun, people are completely nuts happy

And I'll spend an entire day going through the archives of various webcomics I like...laughing out loud

Syren
Is it voluntary or do you get paid? Added bonus if you do smile

Lana
Entirely volunteer work, though I do get in to the con for free, get free food all weekend, and most staff get a hotel room paid for as well.

Syren
Well, that's plenty enough to be getting on with, especially if you enjoy what you're doing! Have a good time hun big grin

§P0oONY
I honestly wouldn't care, assuming the room mate was a friend.

T.M

BackFire
Stop bitching and play the game first then.

Your fault for waiting so long.

As long as he isn't refusing the stop playing so you can, I wouldn't give a shit.

Also, FFIII is lame, shoulda got FFVI Advance.

Schecter

simply on the grounds that its your property, you have the right to allow whomever to play/not play it regardless of whether or not others find it fair.
you're within your right to shatter it into pieces right in front of him just for spite. its your property

BackFire
You are my property, PVS. I'm going to smash you to pieces......

With my dick....

smoker4
laughing out loud

Schecter
Originally posted by BackFire
You are my property, PVS. I'm going to smash you to pieces......

With my dick....

we like to switch rolls every now and then....it helps BF piece together his shattered ego after weeks of me abusing and torturing his sphincter muscle to the limits of human endurance.

BackFire
And animal endurance.

That little dog wasn't very happy to be part of our experiment of finding limits of its ass.

SpartanII
i just rialised how bad your sig is backfire.

Schecter
And animal endurance.

That little dog wasn't very happy to be part of our experiment of finding limits of its ass.

nor when we used it to find the limits of yours hehehe

your ass looked like a python feeding

BackFire
Originally posted by Schecter
nor when we used it to find the limits of yours hehehe

your ass looked like a python feeding

No, that's my dick, dummy.

JKozzy
Stop bitching and play the game first then.

Your fault for waiting so long.

As long as he isn't refusing the stop playing so you can, I wouldn't give a shit.

Also, FFIII is lame, shoulda got FFVI Advance.
a) I'm not bitching, I made a thread asking a general opinion, I see I got yours.
b) I had it for maybe a day.
c) I already have VI advance.

Barker
I'd break the ****ing disc (cart? 13) over his head, then make him buy me a new one.

Then I'd wake up and piss on his bed.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by silver_tears
I'd get mad, but it's illogical when you think about it. It's not like they'll harm it.

BackFire
a) I'm not bitching, I made a thread asking a general opinion, I see I got yours.
b) I had it for maybe a day.
c) I already have VI advance.

A day's a long time for me. As soon as I get a game I open it and play it, usually. I'd suggest you do the same from now on, especially since you have a roomate who will if you don't.

You have VI? What about V Advance? That's better too.

The lack of save points in III is inexcusable.

JKozzy
A day's a long time for me. As soon as I get a game I open it and play it, usually. I'd suggest you do the same from now on, especially since you have a roomate who will if you don't.

You have VI? What about V Advance? That's better too.

The lack of save points in III is inexcusable. Agreed on the save points in III.

Nope, I don't have V yet, I plan on hopefully getting that when I finish the other games/RPGs on... or get tired of them.

Another gaming instance; he popped in my Golden Sun GBA cart and there were three files, and he told me to delete one of them for him. One was a save file I worked over 70 hours on, one was a speed run I was trying to do, and the other was a legitimate replay through... my reasons may be unorthodox for keeping them all, but it's my game! stick out tongue

Syren
Remind me never to mess with you, Mr Anal mhm

Rogue Jedi
hehehehe......anal.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It had to be you stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
yes maam, at your service.

Syren
blush2

Rogue Jedi
can i get you some fries with that shake?

Syren
Go all out, I need feeding up happy

Rogue Jedi
that one went right over your pretty head, didnt it?

Syren
Like an aeroplane... zoom ermm

JKozzy
Anal I am smile

BackFire
Originally posted by Syren
I like Anal mhm

This is all I saw

JKozzy
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.