Green Arrow: Year One.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Starts in July. It's a mini series in which we get to see how Ollie becomes Green Arrow in that island. The artwork looks pretty good. Should be interesting.

I'm thinking of picking it up along with Black Canary series.

Skeets
Writer?artist?

Juntai

Symmetric Chaos

Deathstroke
I've kinda started to get interested in GA recently so I might have to pick this up.

WrathfulDwarf

manorastroman
i have a feeling they're going to do something stupid. how are they going to make a six issue arc about being stuck on ****ing deserted island? i hope they don't introduce "the arrow god" and make ollie his avatar or something unforgivable like that

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by manorastroman
i have a feeling they're going to do something stupid. how are they going to make a six issue arc about being stuck on ****ing deserted island? i hope they don't introduce "the arrow god" and make ollie his avatar or something unforgivable like that 3-4 ishs about him training himself and overcoming savages shrug

then the last two about him taking dow who were responsible for putting him there?shrug

IMO, but what do i know?

marvelprince
There are lots of ways they can take it. As Nino said show him training and overcoming challenges and then even show his adjustment to the real world, tracking those who wronged him and adopting a new outlook on life. I'm looking forward to it and hope they keep things "grounded".

Also since GA's current series will end at issue 75 there is a rumour that his title will be renamed/restarted along with Black Canary as they as supposed to get married. At least thats a guess because a future ish og GA has him proposing.

long pig
His latest series has been awesome. His whole deal of learning to be more deathstrokey by learning from deathstroke's master thing was pretty interesting.

The whole series has been great.

marvelprince
Originally posted by long pig
His latest series has been awesome. His whole deal of learning to be more deathstrokey by learning from deathstroke's master thing was pretty interesting.

The whole series has been great.

I agree. I'm not normally too big on Judd Winnicks writing but GA has been great and very interesting. Thats why I'm at a loss as to why they would cancel it.

willRules
Me too I loved it hence my respect thread. I'm pretty sure some scans of the upcoming series will eventually find their way into the GA respect thread yes

long pig
Originally posted by marvelprince
I agree. I'm not normally too big on Judd Winnicks writing but GA has been great and very interesting. Thats why I'm at a loss as to why they would cancel it.
It's funny as well. And not in the stupid way like Spiderman.

WrathfulDwarf
Recent article:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=119545

Looking forward to the storyline.

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Wow, doesn't get more corny than that.
No kidding. Sounds like the plot of a straight to dvd movie. laughing out loud

marvelprince
Anyone else been reading this? I've read the first two issues and both were pretty good.

willRules
I read the first issue, but I changed my mind and decided it would be better to wait for the trade yes

marvelprince
Ah. Well I think it comes out every 2 weeks or so I've just been picking them up as they come out. What did you think of the first ish?

Rewmac
Originally posted by willRules
I read the first issue, but I changed my mind and decided it would be better to wait for the trade yes See? That's comic business is failing with some issues...meanfox

Juntai
I've been collecting, the first two issues were awesome. I haven't quite gotten through last weeks stack of comics yet, so the third issue will take me a bit to get to.

willRules
Ah. Well I think it comes out every 2 weeks or so I've just been picking them up as they come out. What did you think of the first ish?

I loved it. I thought the plot was very predictable and simple and the art was enjoyable. I wasn't expecting a deep plot or any emotional investment. I was expecting to read this as the equivalent of when someone is in a hurry and so for lunch buys fast food. As much as I love Green Arrow as a character, I really don't think this will be redefining. Rumour has it, whilst on the island, GA does drugs yes

marvelprince
Well my expectations weren't very high but I am pleasantly surprised at how its turning out so far Well in the last ish he FINDS drugs are being harvested on the island, but he hasn't done any yet. That would be interesting to say the least

roughrider
When he's not wearing the most cheesy Robin Hood-type version of his costume, complete with hat, Oliver is a pretty interesting character. The hooded version looks good. And his relationship with Dinah is one of the most fun in comics.
I still have THE LONGBOW HUNTERS, somewhere in my collection.

marvelprince
I agree. The costume with the hood was great, but the shoelaces across the chest AND that ridiculous hat just didn't do it for me.

willRules
I agree. The costume with the hood was great, but the shoelaces across the chest AND that ridiculous hat just didn't do it for me.

His new one looks badass when he is in action yes

Here is the impact blast arrow

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5759/gatrickarrowbombdh1.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4686/gatrickarrowbomb2pb9.jpg

willRules
but the shoelaces across the chest AND that ridiculous hat just didn't do it for me.

Meh, it had it's moments yes

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/757/gavsbatmanei1.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6425/gavsbatman2rj4.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7207/gavsbatman3vh9.jpgNote that this is before GA gets taught new fighting skills by the guy who taught Deathstroke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.