AOTC Anakin & Jango Fett vs. TPM Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Jango has usual equipment.

The fight takes place in the Geonosis Arena.

Riverollv
Anakin & Jango take this

vader11
Originally posted by Riverollv
Anakin & Jango take this

kiddo44
either one alone could give him a fight, together they would win easily.

darthsith19
Dude, Maul wins, When not at full strength he was basically on par with TPM Kenobi and Qui-Gon, 2 on 1. That team is stronger than this team is, and this is full strength Maul. He could use Jango's blaster bolts to his advantage, deflecting them back towards Anakin. Jango couldn't use his rocket or his flamethrower, because he'd have to great a chance of hurting Anakin. Maul could dodge any Kamino Saber darts. Anakin's pretty good but he really wouldn't fare to great against Maul, he's weaker than Qui-Gon is and Qui-Gon barely lasted 30 seconds against Maul during the last phase of their duel, before Jinn died. So Maul takes this, not easy, but he definitely wins.

kiddo44
Originally posted by darthsith19
Dude, Maul wins, When not at full strength he was basically on par with TPM Kenobi and Qui-Gon, 2 on 1. That team is stronger than this team is, and this is full strength Maul. He could use Jango's blaster bolts to his advantage, deflecting them back towards Anakin. Jango couldn't use his rocket or his flamethrower, because he'd have to great a chance of hurting Anakin. Maul could dodge any Kamino Saber darts. Anakin's pretty good but he really wouldn't fare to great against Maul, he's weaker than Qui-Gon is and Qui-Gon barely lasted 30 seconds against Maul during the last phase of their duel, before Jinn died. So Maul takes this, not easy, but he definitely wins.

no way DS, Jango, fully armed here, is a match for an avg jedi knight, AOTC Anakin was as good as AOTC Kenobi with the blade, and quite powerful, Maul could beat either one alone, after a fight, but in this Anakin could attack, and require all Maul's attention, Jango could fly up shoot him in the head. Anakin and Jango win no question.

Rampant ox
Jango's blaster fire made Mace 'swing wildly' (or something to that effect)on Geonosis. Now this was right after he had been trampled by a friggin Reek and only had one blaster. Also ROTS Mace>>TPM Maul. So a full strength Jango with all his weaponry, could at the very least pose as an effective distraction for Maul. Then it is just a matter of AOTC Anakin (who gave Dooku in AOTC a reasonably hard time - again AOTC Dooku>Maul) to come in and finish the job.

Riverollv
Yeah, man, totally agree. Maul NEEDS full attention in his battle with Anakin, therefore, he would never be able to dodge Jango's attacks

LORDSIDIOUS01

Co-signed big grin roll eyes (sarcastic)

darthsith19
Wrong. Jango was equal with Kenobi only when Boba was heping Jango AND because Kenobi wasn't trying to hrut Jango. In a one on one, all out fight, Kenobi would have won. Jinn and TPM Kenobi > AOTC Anakin and Kenobi, as well, and Maul was equal with them when not at full strength. Kenobi could leap away from any shots Jango shoots at him. He could easily leap away from Anakin's blade at the same time.

http://swtimeline.ru/comics/Darth_Maul/Darth_Maul_012.jpg

Look at how good Maul is at dodging blaster bolts. Jango wouldn't hurt Maul.

Mace may have swung wildly, but he still beat Jango in less than 10 seconds. Now big deal. Mace was leagues above Jango. Mace >>> Maul? Doubtful that he >>> Maul, 3 times, one, *maybe* two, he is about one league above Maul and four above Jango. Maul could disarm jango right away, with no blasters Jango could do very little without accidentally hurting Anakin.

No, Anakin wouldn't put up that great a fight against Maul.

kiddo44
i said an avg jedi knight, and Jango has killed Jedi in fights. AOTC Anakin is equal to AOTC Kenobi, and he does fight Dooku better, and in the novel puts Dooku on the defense.

easy to do when nobody is attacking you w/ a lightsaber

yes he would he would fly up in the air, and he is a crack shot, it would take one shot to his head.

Wrong, Kenobi as a padawan put up a good fight with Maul, which took everything Maul had to get him in that hole, and that was after kicking him and cutting his saber in half, and Anakin is a level above that Kenobi.

vader11
Anakin & Jango wins in a close fight.

jollyjim311
Jango wouldn't land a single hit on Maul.

Maul will be put on the defensive, but, he starts to win when one of the following three things happens:
Jango runs out of ammo.
Jango gets fatigued.
Jango runs out of fuel for his jetpack.

Once one of those happens, Maul kicks Anakin aside for the few precious seconds he needs to kill Jango in whatever condition he may be in (one of the above).

Or Maul could distance himself from the two, strangle Jango, and then beat Anakin in a saber match.

Burnt Pancakes
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Jango wouldn't land a single hit on Maul.

I doubt that. And please DS, your trying to compare a single no-name mercenary (Who's aim obviously sucked, I mean most of his shots hit the damn ground) to Jango Fett, THEE best Bounty Hunter in the GALAXY at the time.

Dude, these are blaster pistols we're talking about. Batteries last a hell of a lot longer then bullets, and I wouldn't put it above Jango to carry extra clips. Jango spends most of the time in the air, and a man with his experience can probably reload pistols very fast.

It's not like Jango's going to be exherting himself too much by pulling a trigger.

Jango's Jetpack is rechargeable. It doesn't really run out of fuel. At least in Bounty Hunter the Jetpack recharged itself in a matter of seconds.

You're acting like Maul will just run right through Anakin like nothing. If a pissed off padawan Obi-Wan can slice Maul's saber in two and put him flat on his ass, Anakin focused can at LEAST hold Maul off enough for Jango to recover.

Maul will never get the chance. Regardless of skill, Anakin is a ferocious fighter. He'll be all over Maul as soon as the match starts. Maul will be to busy fending off Anakin's heavy blows and frenzied strikes and trying to dodge/deflect blaster bolts from the greatest Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy at the time to get enough distance and gain the cocnentration to choke out Jango.

jollyjim311
Anoon Bondara was "one of the best fighters in the order. His skill with a lightsaber was second to none."
Darsha Assant "even as an infant she had shown strong Force tendencies," and the day she went to become a Jedi Knight, she "hoped that one day she might be able to exhibit a tenth of Anoon Bondara's adeptness."
When Maul fought Anoon, Maul knew "within the first few moments of the engagement, Darth Maul knew that he himself was the superior fighter."
For Darsha, "It was hard for her to conceive of a situation in which her mentor could be bested in combat, but if anyone was capable of it, she had the feeling the Sith was that one."
Maul made quick work of Anoon, driving him back and then, Anoon, realizing after seconds of confrontation, that he didn't have nearly enough skills to take on Maul, stabbed a speeder bike's engine in attempt to kill both of them. However, in the "microsecond" that Maul had to jump off the platform that the two had been battling on to dodge the explosion, Maul was out of harms way.

I f Maul is put on the defensive, he has the speed to dodge pretty much everything that's thrown at him, or he can spin his twin blades "so fast they seemed to merge into a crimson shield."

Also, read through this: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=11&page=001
If the fact that it's 90 pages of flipping through turns you off, remember that it's a comic, and, it's about Maul, so naturally, the dialogue is minimal, and, it really doesn't take long.

darthsith19
Wrong, AOTC Anakin is equal to Kenobi with a blade when he doesn't make a mistake. if he does, Kenobi is better, and Kenobi is better overall. Did he fight Dooku better? I seem to remember Anakin getting taken out instantly, and Kenobi having to save his sorry ass.

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e2geon67.jpg

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e2geon07.jpg

No reason why he couldn't simply leap away from Anakin's blades at the same time as he dodges the blaster bolts. or, y'know, just disarm Jango in the first second of the fight.

or more like, the fight starts, Maul uses the Force to take maul's guns away from him, engages Anakin in a saber duel, Jango shoots his missle at Maul, maul dodges it, it hurts Anakin, Maul runs back and slaughteres an injured Anakin, then Force Chokes Maul to death.

Kenobi only put up a good fight when he was using the Dark Side, when using the Dark Side he is ahead of AOTC Anakin and he still got taken down in 40 some seconds. Plus Maul wasn't at full strength when he fought Kenobi. Jango wouldn't even help Anakin that much, he'd probably end up hurting Anakin after Maul uses the Force to take his blasters away.
A no-name mercenary? More like, a highly trained droid who can shoot lasers way faster than Jango can. Again, nothing's stopping Maul from taking Jango's blasters away from him right at the beginning of the fight.

Not as fast as that droid did, but it won't matter, as Maul can disarm Jango in a second.

But, like you said, that was a pissed off Kenobi, plus rememeber that Maul wasn't at full strength during that fight. Anakin rushes Maul, Maul Force Pushes him away. Takes Anakin down for 5 seconds. By this time Jango's in the air and is shooting at maul. maul pulls out his saber and deflects the lasers back at Maul. They hit him and hurt him, but don't stop him. Then Maul uses the Force to take Jango's blasters away. Just then, Anakin is abck to Maul and they engage in a saber duel. Jango couldn't do anything else without accidentally hurting Anakin. Maul kills Anakin after a little while, then Force Chokes Jango to death.

Mind telling me why that couldn't happen?

Darth Subjekt
DS, you're an idiot. As I seem to recall, OB1 was about to be killed when Anakin jumped 20 feet and saved his sorry ass. Maybe you should go refresh your memory.

1. Prove Maul wasn't at full stregnth during that duel, or better yet, prove that OB1 and QGJ were. This thread is TPM MAUL - which is when he fought the Jedi, and you say he wasn't at full strength then but he is here...what? How does that make sense? Oh right, it doesn't.
You think Anakin doesn't know how to deflect blaster bolts too? C'mon man, get real.

And how do you figure that because Anakin is below QGJ that he wouldn't do well? OB1 was below QGJ, and he killed your boy. Nice logic...oh yea thats because A>B>C's don't mean shit.

Jango is far better than that guy you showed and yes, Mace>>>Maul. get over it. Twin blasters, the best aim around and a plethora of other weapons...add that with a Jedi like Anakin, and yea, your boy goes down, hard.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Wrong. Jango was equal with Kenobi only when Boba was heping Jango AND because Kenobi wasn't trying to hrut Jango. In a one on one, all out fight, Kenobi would have won. Jinn and TPM Kenobi > AOTC Anakin and Kenobi, as well, and Maul was equal with them when not at full strength. Kenobi could leap away from any shots Jango shoots at him. He could easily leap away from Anakin's blade at the same time.

http://swtimeline.ru/comics/Darth_Maul/Darth_Maul_012.jpg

Look at how good Maul is at dodging blaster bolts. Jango wouldn't hurt Maul.

Mace may have swung wildly, but he still beat Jango in less than 10 seconds. Now big deal. Mace was leagues above Jango. Mace >>> Maul? Doubtful that he >>> Maul, 3 times, one, *maybe* two, he is about one league above Maul and four above Jango. Maul could disarm jango right away, with no blasters Jango could do very little without accidentally hurting Anakin.

No, Anakin wouldn't put up that great a fight against Maul.

I agree with you about Maul.

Darth Subjekt
Of course you do...you also thought that Ki would be a match for Jacen.

Advent
In all candor, having someone like LORDSIDIOUS01 agree with you only subtracts from your probability of being correct. So, who cares?

Burnt Pancakes
laughing laughing out loud

Well, Advent. Whats your opinion on the fight, then?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Advent
In all candor, having someone like LORDSIDIOUS01 agree with you only subtracts from your probability of being correct. So, who cares?

I will not fall at the hands of you. I will not argue with you. If you and everyone are not carefull you are going to get banned. Everyone has their own opinions. We all should be able to speak and talk, not get upset because someone doesn't agree with you. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, I can back up what I say. My brother is also on here and he can back up what he says. Its ok, to disagree, but to have senseless arguments will only get people in to trouble and eventually banned

Advent
Thank you for furthering my point.

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
If you and everyone are not carefull you are going to get banned.

Excuse me? Pray tell, how am I going to get banned? I don't violate any of the forum rules. Then there's also the fact that you're not a moderator, and have no clue what you're talking about.

"Count Dooku has no skills" -- yeah, backed up by what? Oh? Just what you pulled out of your ass? I thought as much.

Please, just stop.

Really, I've yet to see you provide a single shred of convincing evidence for any arguments you've been in. Which usually consist of you making a claim (with no supporting points), and a rebuttal to a reply saying "but we all have opinions!".

To summarize: You're a moron.

LORDSIDIOUS01

I will not argue with you. I am not going down. I will be banned for senseless arguing. I have said time and again, everyone fights for their characters like it or not. Getting into dumbass arguments will only lead to banishment. Their is no need to to get all upset because people hate cetain characters. All opinions are welcome and just one or two.

Advent
Will you shut up already? If I wanted a broken record, I'd go break one myelf.

vader11
everyone fights for their characters like it or not.Only you.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by vader11
Only you.

What is wrong with that. I will get banned for dumb ass senseless arguing. ENOUGH OF IT.

vader11
I mean only you will say: anyone you like>anyone u hate.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I mean only you will say: anyone you like>anyone u hate.

Again what is wrong with that. A lot of people don't like NJO Luke or Jacen Solo, I don't hate them or get into senseless dumb ass arguments. I make no bones about hating Dooku, but he is a good fighter. Just because I don't like him or others doesn't mean we should constantly argue and then get banned.

vader11
Again what is wrong with that. A lot of people don't like NJO Luke or Jacen Solo, I don't hate them or get into senseless dumb ass arguments. I make no bones about hating Dooku, but he is a good fighter. Just because I don't like him or others doesn't mean we should constantly argue and then get banned. Maybe alot of people don't like NJO Luke or Jacen Solo, but they won't say them<all.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Maybe alot of people don't like NJO Luke or Jacen Solo, but they won't say them<all.

I don't have a problem with that. People take up for Plo Koon. I like Plo Koon. I've asked for proof of his existance and gotten grief over it. So I might a little miffed, but I still try not to argue unless I'm provoked. But once again ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I am not going to get banned. If others want to be banned good riddance. Peace out I'm off until tomorrow.

vader11
They are joking about Koon, but are you joking?

Darth Subjekt
Jesus Christ, you won't get banned for debating, or arguing. But just because you like someone does not mean that they will always win. That's moronic logic, and ridiculous to assume that you can state such an idiotic assertion on forum known for debating, and NOT debate it or even attempt to back up your precious "opinions." Stop whining and get with the program. If you don't like to debate, then you sir on in the wrong place and should probably leave, being as you will only get upset when people correct you when you things that are incorrect.

darthsith19
Your the idiot, dude, yes, Anakin saved Kenobi, Yoda saved Anakin, too, so what? The point is, the first time Anakin went down way faster than Kenobi did, which completely contradicts what kiddo44 stated.

1. From The New Essential Guide to Characters:
Maul's heart burned with anticipation when his Master instructed him to hunt down two Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, on Tatooine and Naboo. Had he not run into Togorian pirates and Sand People along the way, perhaps he would have been at full strength for the conflict inside the Theed power generator.
The thread doesn't say that it's tired TPM Maul, TPM Maul as in Maul at the time of TPM, unless otherwise specified we should assume that it's not tired Maul aka normal Maul, you know, Maul wasn't tired during the first half of the film, which is still TPM Maul.

2. Jinn lost in 30 seconds, so Anakin would last less time than that. TPM Kenobi caught a tired and overconfident Maul by surprise. You know just as well as I do that Maul was above TPM Kenobi.

3. Jango can't shoot faster, so who gives a shit? Slightly betetr aim won't be any harder to dodge when fired at a much slower speed.

Again, NOTHING is stopping Maul from disarming Jango right away. Mind telling me how a blaster-less Jango and AOTC Anakin will beat Maul?

LORDSIDIOUS01
They are joking about Koon, but are you joking?

If that were true then they should not get upset at me.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Jesus Christ, you won't get banned for debating, or arguing. But just because you like someone does not mean that they will always win. That's moronic logic, and ridiculous to assume that you can state such an idiotic assertion on forum known for debating, and NOT debate it or even attempt to back up your precious "opinions." Stop whining and get with the program. If you don't like to debate, then you sir on in the wrong place and should probably leave, being as you will only get upset when people correct you when you things that are incorrect.

You will get banned for dumb ass senseless arguing. You should get with the program and listen to what I've said otherwise continue with ignorance and bye bye to you. I like who I like. DO NOT get jump down my throat because GEORGE LUCAS made Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo the two most powerful jedi. I can back up my "opinions" Can you?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Will you shut up already? If I wanted a broken record, I'd go break one myelf.

What is wrong with someone voicing their nopinion? All you want to do is argue. I will not argue unless provoked. PEACE OUT UNTIL NEXT TIME

Darth Subjekt
You will get banned for dumb ass senseless arguing. You should get with the program and listen to what I've said otherwise continue with ignorance and bye bye to you. I like who I like. DO NOT get jump down my throat because GEORGE LUCAS made Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo the two most powerful jedi. I can back up my "opinions" Can you?

STFU n00b! I've been a lot worse to people and ya know what, I'm still here. YAY FOR BANNING!!!! When it comes to fights between characters that George Lucas and company created, your opinions mean shit. You can like Kit the best and hate Jacen, but unfortunately for you, Kit would still get wtfpned by Jacen...And yes i can, however if my "opinions" are wrong, as yours usually are, and someone corrects me, i concede and accept the truth. Can you? tool.

jollyjim311
Guys, shut up.

If people bring up a valid point for this subject I don't want to have to read through your arguments to see it, okay? Take it to PM if you really see then need, but, it seems pointless. People can give their opinions, however, if evidence is given against it, then, they need to accept it.

Once again I kindly ask you two to just drop it and stop spamming this thread.

Now, back to the debate.

Riverollv
Maul goes down

vader11
Yes, Maul down.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Riverollv
Maul goes down

And why is that?
Anoon Bondara was "one of the best fighters in the order. His skill with a lightsaber was second to none."
Darsha Assant "even as an infant she had shown strong Force tendencies," and the day she went to become a Jedi Knight, she "hoped that one day she might be able to exhibit a tenth of Anoon Bondara's adeptness."
When Maul fought Anoon, Maul knew "within the first few moments of the engagement, Darth Maul knew that he himself was the superior fighter."
For Darsha, "It was hard for her to conceive of a situation in which her mentor could be bested in combat, but if anyone was capable of it, she had the feeling the Sith was that one."
Maul made quick work of Anoon, driving him back and then, Anoon, realizing after seconds of confrontation, that he didn't have nearly enough skills to take on Maul, stabbed a speeder bike's engine in attempt to kill both of them. However, in the "microsecond" that Maul had to jump off the platform that the two had been battling on to dodge the explosion, Maul was out of harms way.

If Maul is put on the defensive, he has the speed to dodge pretty much everything that's thrown at him, or he can spin his twin blades "so fast they seemed to merge into a crimson shield."

Also, read through this: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=11&page=001
If the fact that it's 90 pages of flipping through turns you off, remember that it's a comic, and, it's about Maul, so naturally, the dialogue is minimal, and, it really doesn't take long.

zephiel7
I don't have a problem with that. People take up for Plo Koon. I like Plo Koon. I've asked for proof of his existance and gotten grief over it. So I might a little miffed, but I still try not to argue unless I'm provoked. But once again ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I am not going to get banned. If others want to be banned good riddance. Peace out I'm off until tomorrow.

LORDSIDIOUS, the purpose of this subforum is so you can argue. You are not going to get banned, so relax.

One thing is for sure, whether or not you like said character has no bearing on whether they will win. It's like saying just because I like my 5'4, 100lb, unfit friend, he has every possibility of simultaneously defeating Mike Tyson and Mohammad Ali in a boxing match. It simply makes no sense.

There needs to be proof why you think a specific character will win in a match. If you don't provide proof, why should we believe you? I could say that Leprechaun's are running circles around us every second of our lives, but unless I make an argument and supply cogent proof through reasoning or direct evidence, why would anyone believe me? So prove up or maybe you should find another pass time.

jollyjim311
Mohahammad Ali threw a punch in 1/25 of a second.

Polite conversation: So Zeph, you're a Salvatore fan?

Back to the point: Maul is really one Hell of a fighter. I truly believe that he has the speed and skills to stay alive against these two until Jango tires out. It would be close, but I think he can do it.

Darth Subjekt
You're completely underestimating Anakin here. He, as a padawan, gave Dooku an extremely tough fight, who is in fact above Maul. His force connection far surpasses Maul's own and can give him an advantage via the force. What did Maul do? Throw a piece of debris and push OB1? Wow. Anakin, in one instance, jumped from a speeder, dodged traffic, and landed precisely where he wanted from more that a hundred stories up. While this speaks nothing for raw dueling abilities, it speaks volumes for his overall force abilities. He could easily push Maul to throw him off balance and Jango pegs him between the eyes.

And yes, Ali was one of the only two humans ever noted to punch with the same speed that a cat can strike...the other being Bruce Lee. Ali was a bad mutha..shut yo mouth!

Riverollv
And why is that?

Maul goes down, because he can't win againt AOTC Anakin and Jango together. If they are working well as a team, I don't think Anakin will let Maul disarm Jago quick enough. He'll engage him as fast as he can, and Maul would have no time to disarm Jango. So, Maul will NOT be able to dodge Jangos attacks (like repetitive and fast blaster shots) while fighting Anakin. Besided, Jango's weaponry is powerful and he is very skilled using it. He would simply need too much.

jollyjim311
Anakin won't want to work with Jango, he'll probably be pissed at Maul for killing Qui Gon, and rush him. Maul could either kill Jango before Anakin reaches him, or just control the fight, keeping Anakin in-between Jango and himself, seeing as how Maul is a smart fighter. Eventually he'd win the duel, seeing as he dominated a short fight with Anoon, and then he could kill Jango a number of different ways.

Darth Subjekt
You can't think of it in terms as a "storyline" scenario. That wasn't in the opening post. There's a lot of anti-Anakin people here that go to measures including lying (DarthSith) to persuade people that Anakin is a weakling or something.

jollyjim311
I'm not "anti-Anakin," if that's what you're implying. I just know about Maul.

Darth Subjekt
I wasn't talking about you cause you don't downplay him in every thread like some people, but just because he ran in on one of the greatest jedi ever and an even greater sith, and got shocked for a second, doesn't mean that he'll go down against Maul, let alone when he has help from the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, who coincidently took out Komari Vosa by himself, who was trained by Dooku.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, Maul definitely has this.

jollyjim311
Oh yeah, Anakin is good, and Jango "I kill Jedi with my bare hands" Fett is a beast. I know all about them.
Maul just stomped on the Jedi's battle master, Anoon Bondara, in seconds, who's skills were "second to none." Maul left piles upon piles of bodies in his wake when he attacked the Black Sun. He killed 7 elite Vigos in what? One second? Two maybe? He dominated the fight with Qui Gon and Obi Wan, running circles around them, and leading them to the generator pit place. He killed a focused Qui Gon in 30 seconds, when Maul had a bad ankle, I think. Maul's everyday exercises would kill an average Jedi. Maul is a Teras Kasi Master. Maul "mastered the lightsaber." Maul had "far superior darkside knowledge" than a Nightsister. Maul was a warrior in his prime.

It would be a tough match, but I genuinely think Maul could pull it off.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
Yeah, Maul definitely has this.

I concede all my arguments, because we're not supposed to agree.

Nah, I'll let it slide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.