Yahweh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
I stumbled across the name on incident. Anyone able to clear up exactly who Yahweh is? I am scared to speak out of complete ignorance.

Alliance
YWHW...the tetragrammaton.

chithappens
Pretty certain that is not related

Thundar
Originally posted by chithappens
I stumbled across the name on incident. Anyone able to clear up exactly who Yahweh is? I am scared to speak out of complete ignorance.

I've always been under the impression that Yahweh was the Hebrew name used by the Israelites when adressing the God of the old testament.

leonheartmm
yahweh is the name of the hebrew god. and to an extent the christian god.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Alliance
YWHW...the tetragrammaton.

See what I mean about you? Could have given a simple informative answer but you had to go and complicate things.

Goddess Kali
So what about Jehovah ?

Alliance
Originally posted by Alfheim
See what I mean about you? Could have given a simple informative answer but you had to go and complicate things.

YWHW is never referred to as Yaweh in the Hebrew texts as far as I am aware of. Its the proper name, from which Yaweh was derived.

Fortunately, I can write it as I'm not Jewish.

So, chithappens, its 100% related because its the same thing.
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
So what about Jehovah ?

Jehova is the Christian name for YWHW.

Nellinator
Jehovah and Yahweh are different pernunciations of the tetragrammation. Stupid Jews are forgetting the true name of God...

pot_edd_wigga
I didz it Mawheh. F Sinratra

chithappens
So why did Yahweh get dropped?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chithappens
So why did Yahweh get dropped?

Because one is not supposed to say the name of god.

chithappens
Do you know where it says this? Not trying to be an ass. I just do not know

Alliance
Originally posted by Nellinator
Jehovah and Yahweh are different pernunciations of the tetragrammation. Stupid Jews are forgetting the true name of God...

...hmmm...I wonder why they can't remeber....Originally posted by chithappens
Do you know where it says this? Not trying to be an ass. I just do not know

In scripture or historically?

chithappens
Scripture

Nellinator
Honestly, nothing from the Bible comes to my mind. The best I can think of is the commandment not to use the Lord's name in vain which could easily be solved by not using it at all.

ADarksideJedi
No idea!jm

Alfheim
edit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.