What Caused the Big Bang?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thundar
If such an occurance did happen are you of the belief that it was random with no purpose behind it, or are you of the belief that it was done with a purpose in mind?

Can natural explanations be solely used to describe the origin of the universe?

Goddess Kali
The Big Bang was caused by the Big Crunch which preceeded it when the prior Universe collapsed.

It is a never ending cycle of Birth and ReBirth.

Symmetric Chaos
Random and meaningless.

leonheartmm
well to describe the origins of the universe, ud have to know what it IS. big bang is a theory, a very influential ones but there are many relevant and equally respectful alternatives. its also hard to define a purpose when things like space time and existance become doubtful as opposed to givens. the purpose of anything can be defined only through the purpose the observer gives it. there is no universal self difined omnipurpose to anything, if its purposeful to u then it has purpose, but only in ur perception.

ThePittman
Well I was watching this show about String Theory and parallel universes and on of the theories is that a parallel universe created the big bang and not the "big crunch", it was an interesting concept. As for someone being behind it, nope. no2

ragesRemorse
i think it was a thousand lives of the future yearning to live. massive psychic energy that finally went boom

Goddess Kali
You guys are all wrong thumb down

An all powerful white fat man with a long white beard said "Let there be Light"

And then He created Adam and Eve, on Earth, which is the Center of the Universe. The Universe was perfect, until Adam and Eve ate that fkn apple....

Then God got mad, so he cast the Universe into chaos, that is why there are black holes, super novas, earthquakes, and all types of violent occurances.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
You guys are all wrong thumb down

An all powerful white fat man with a long white beard said "Let there be Light"

And then He created Adam and Eve, on Earth, which is the Center of the Universe. The Universe was perfect, until Adam and Eve ate that fkn apple....

Then God got mad, so he cast the Universe into chaos, that is why there are black holes, super novas, earthquakes, and all types of violent occurances.

eve is such a bit*h. adam was just chillin in paradise enjoying the unicorns and apple pies perfectly content until the woman said "hey, eat this" So, your right kali, except it was eve who caused paradise lost. god damn woman...wait he already did stick out tongue

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
eve is such a bit*h. adam was just chillin in paradise enjoying the unicorns and apple pies perfectly content until the woman said "hey, eat this" So, your right kali, except it was eve who caused paradise lost. god damn woman...wait he already did stick out tongue

I know that fkn c*nt !

Why she had to ruin everything !??!?!?!

If it weren't for Eve, We'd all be walking naked through a beautiful jungle, and we'd all like as hott as the guys from 300 did dd

Fatima

messed Only Christians believe in this story , or Jews too ??

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Fatima

WELL ITS THE TRUTH ! THE BIBLE IS TRUE ! THE QURAN IS FALSE AND MUHAMMED IS AN EVIL PEADOPHILE !

CONVERT OR BURN IN THE INFERNO OF SATAN !

Fatima
WELL ITS THE TRUTH ! THE BIBLE IS TRUE ! THE QURAN IS FALSE AND MUHAMMED IS AN EVIL PEADOPHILE !

CONVERT OR BURN IN THE INFERNO OF SATAN !

u didnt comment on this ..I mean insulting women ..as ur comments on women in Islam roll eyes (sarcastic)

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Thundar
If such an occurance did happen are you of the belief that it was random with no purpose behind it, or are you of the belief that it was done with a purpose in mind?

Can natural explanations be solely used to describe the origin of the universe?

It happened because of the laws of the universe.

Are these laws random and without purpose ?

Why something don´t have a purpose simply because it comes from the laws of physics ?

Goddess Kali
u didnt comment on this ..I mean insulting women ..as ur comments on women in Islam roll eyes (sarcastic)

QUIET WOMAN ! WHO ARE YOU TO SPEAK IN SUCH A WAY TO A MAN ?!? SUBMIT INFIDEL ! AND ACCEPT CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR ! OR BURN IN THE ****ING INFERNO !

ragesRemorse
I know that fkn c*nt !

Why she had to ruin everything !??!?!?!

If it weren't for Eve, We'd all be walking naked through a beautiful jungle, and we'd all like as hott as the guys from 300 did dd

see, im confused...im almost able to get behind that remark, but then it just goes all gay. you have a talent of including subtle gay innuendos mad stop trying to trick me into becoming gay

ragesRemorse

and?

i bet if a jew gave you some financial advice you would take it. Jews are so smart, and if they believe in adam and eve, i think i do just because they are so smart

Goddess Kali
see, im confused...im almost able to get behind that remark, but then it just goes all gay. you have a talent of including subtle gay innuendos mad stop trying to trick me into becoming gay

Come on....touch your rod...just touch it.... droolio

ragesRemorse
Come on....touch your rod...just touch it.... droolio

If there were ever a line to be crossed i can see it sick beer beer beer beer yes

Goddess Kali
If there were ever a line to be crossed i can see it sick beer beer beer beer yes

wine

Thundar
Originally posted by Atlantis001
It happened because of the laws of the universe.

Are these laws random and without purpose ?

Why something don´t have a purpose simply because it comes from the laws of physics ?

Absolutely not, in fact stating that there are "laws" logically implies that the universe does have a purpose and order about it.

Originally posted by leonheartmm
well to describe the origins of the universe, ud have to know what it IS. big bang is a theory, a very influential ones but there are many relevant and equally respectful alternatives. its also hard to define a purpose when things like space time and existance become doubtful as opposed to givens. the purpose of anything can be defined only through the purpose the observer gives it. there is no universal self difined omnipurpose to anything, if its purposeful to u then it has purpose, but only in ur perception.

One can observe something, but that doesn't mean that the purpose is defined by what they observe. Or to simplify the universe obviously exists, but your definition of it really has no bearing on it's existence. It's just your definition - nothing more..nothing less.

Thundar
Originally posted by ThePittman
Well I was watching this show about String Theory and parallel universes and on of the theories is that a parallel universe created the big bang and not the "big crunch", it was an interesting concept. As for someone being behind it, nope. no2

I've read a little about the string theory, which in essence boils down to "randomness created everything." It's an interesting concept none the less, but it contridicts itself on many levels, specifically by assigning some form of order/laws/purpose to the process of this randomness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.