ROTS Anakin vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Looking at the top lightsaber duelists thread and my own Exar Kun vs. PT thread, I had this idea. Anakin, as he was at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith when he defeated Dooku, takes on one of the most infamous Dark Lords of the Sith.

The fight is ONLY a saber duel. It takes place onboard the Second Death Star. Both are aiming to kill.

jollyjim311
Anakin.

Darth Sexy
As Advent pointed out, anakin has a good chance of winning so it could go either way.

vader11
I say can go either way.

kiddo44
saber duel, Anakin takes it.

darthsith19
They are even but Anakin is more likely to make a mistake, plus he has never fought against a double bladed lightsaber, so i go with Kun, though barely.

And Advent, don't try to debate with me, I'm not going to reply to your posts.

Apollo Cloud
Exar Kun has this.

((The_Anomaly))
Anakin takes it.

Advent
Originally posted by darthsith19

Because: a) you can't, and b) you know you're wrong. Really, you're pretty pathetic.

Anakin wins this, as established in the aforementioned thread.

Darth Subjekt
DS, Anakin as he was when he fought Dooku, would most likely make no mistakes, so how'd you come up with that? And why sham away from Advent? If you believe something different than her, than tell her. You don't have to be afraid...she can't come through your computer and get you...as much as some of us would like that! j/k Advent...sort of... wink

Riverollv
Hmm... It could go either way... though, I say Anakin has a slight advantage

LORDSIDIOUS01
They are even but Anakin is more likely to make a mistake, plus he has never fought against a double bladed lightsaber, so i go with Kun, though barely.

I have to agree Kun should be able to take this. He was an exceptional swordsman.

Darth Subjekt
And Anakin wasn't? Demolishing one of THE greatest swordsman in the history of the Order? Anakin is quite exceptional himself.

vader11
Ya, Anakin is an exceptional.

darthsith19
If Anakin fight against Dooku, he wins. If not, he loses.

Advent, there's no reason why I'd debate with you, as you're leagues above me in debating, so even if I were to be right it's far to much effort that it's worth to debate with you, and you flame people when you debate, too. Not very enjoyable, see? And you'll probably reply to this with another flame...

Darth Sexy
I don't understand where you get Anakin having this in the bag. I agree he has a faily good chance but they're both superb swordsmen.

Kadesh
if anakin is in teh zone then he wins, if not maybe either way

Count Makashi
Yea, if he is in teh zone, he wins for sure.

jollyjim311

Didn't Anakin go up against Asajj when she connected her sabers? Anyway, I think that Kun would go down before Anakin has the chance to make a mistake. Exar Kun is good, but, he's not on par with Anakin "I beat Dooku in 30 seconds" Skywalker as far as sabrework goes.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Didn't Anakin go up against Asajj when she connected her sabers? Anyway, I think that Kun would go down before Anakin has the chance to make a mistake. Exar Kun is good, but, he's not on par with Anakin "I beat Dooku in 30 seconds" Skywalker as far as sabrework goes.

They're equals.

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
They're equals.

My Buddha, I've already argued this with you, and you have provided absolutely no evidence in the least bit that Kun is even on par with Anakin.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Advent
My Buddha, I've already argued this with you, and you have provided absolutely no evidence in the least bit that Kun is even on par with Anakin.

Anakin tooling Dooku automatically puts him above Kun because Kun beat an allegedly average Jedi master as a padawan?

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Anakin tooling Dooku automatically puts him above Kun because Kun beat an allegedly average Jedi master as a padawan?

He was already a 'master swordsman' at that time. So, I don't see what being a padawan has to do with it, and really, as I've already said in this thread -- where your proof was nonexistent, mind you -- Vodo was never noted as anything special, save for having "the skill of long experience". Which equates to what exactly? Definitely not "one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order's twenty-five-thousand year history", and "an even greater Sith", certainly not a "consummate duelist".

Anakin was able to wipe his ass with one of the most exceptional duelists in the history of Star Wars in under a minute's time, and was even able to hold back, and still be on the victorious end of the confrontation, at one point. Of course, that's excluding how he tore the then current Battlemaster, Cin Drallig, to shreds after "a few short lightsaber exchanges". In addition to beating Asajj Ventress, and Durge.

The whole 'z0mg teh win ova teh baas" bullshit is getting quite stale. It's impressive, but not that impressive. And it's certainly not a feat that moves him even in the same league as someone like Anakin Skywalker. And his stalemate over Ulic doesn't necessarily rank him on the same level either. While that one actually does speak well, it just doesn't show the same type of skill that Skywalker has.

So, to answer your question: Yes.

Apollo Cloud
Eh, I'd say creating the very first double bladed lightsaber, and its own style speaks pretty heavily for Kun's knowledge, ingenuity and general expertise with a lightsaber. Anakin's technical abilities with a lightsaber never impressed me too much, so I think Kun definitely has the advantage here (technical prowess), especially considering that Anakin has never seen his Exar's form before. This is further supported with how well Exar does against Ulic during DLOTS (though I'd say that Ulic likely would have had the edge had he not been injured at the time), who likely has the best natural grasp of the lightsaber we've ever seen, given that when he was cut off from the force, and 9 years out of practise, he was still able to do extremely well at holding off an enraged darkside driven Jedi, who in the very least can be considered pretty skilled, and the funny thing is he was holding back at the time, so yes, I'd definitely say Ulic has the greatest natural grasp of the lightsaber we've thus far seen in the mythologies, and the fact that Kun was able to stalemate him speaks pretty heavily.

Force strength and mastery, I'd also give to Exar Kun. Resisting the wall of light from the master of the technique, subsequently force owning said powerful jedi Master, effortlessly freezing millions of beings and all the other kickass sh1t he does with the force in the comics suggest that in general force strength and mastery, he's well above Anakin, who only really does anything notable during uncontrolled rages.

So given that he's above Anakin in both technique and force strength + mastery (and those are pretty much the two factors that make a saber duelist how strong he/she is), I'd say he takes this.

jollyjim311
Anakin has quite some ingenuity and general expertise as well. With only 10 years of training he was able to pick up two lightsabers and automatically be proficient with using both, and he put up a decent fight against Dooku, .

Darth Sexy
Interesting thought, but was Anakin, like Kun, able to defeat obiwan in a duel as a padawan? Not really saying this is part of an argument but wondering.

Borbarad
He was already a 'master swordsman' at that time. So, I don't see what being a padawan has to do with it, and really, as I've already said in this thread -- where your proof was nonexistent, mind you -- Vodo was never noted as anything special, save for having "the skill of long experience". Which equates to what exactly? Definitely not "one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order's twenty-five-thousand year history", and "an even greater Sith", certainly not a "consummate duelist".

Why should we even focus on Vodo ?
Did Anakin exhibit mastery of at least three styles during his career ? Kun was at least using Makashi (noted in the original essay about lightsaber combat) Djem So (seen in the comics) and Jar'Kai (seen in the comic) aside of the personal style he most likely designed to wield his own invention: The double-bladed lightsaber.

And Dooku has been noted to be one of the most powerful students in the last centuries - respectively one of the most powerful students trained by Yoda. While this is impressive I don't see where that puts him in one league with Kun who - according to Anderson - was the most powerful Sith Lord in history excluding the DE version of Sidious.

Yet I don't exactly see how Vodo should not have been an impressive combatant. How many Jedi in his age did you see that absolutely suck in armed combat ? How many Jedi did you see putting "master duellist" on their asses after disarming them while being armed with nothing more than a stick (even if that one was "more powerful than a lightsaber"wink ?

Erm. Where did Anakin exactly "wipe his ass" with Dooku ? Dooku completely tooled Anakin and Obi-Wan until the point he provoked Anakin and then Anakin landed a cheap shot. It's still not as if he "outduelled" Dooku. He took him down with brute force. Something that he won't manage to do with Exar "muscle man" Kun.

And killing Cin Drallig was nice, yes. However. Given how easy the former lightsaber instructors / battle masters of the order where handled by other people (e.g. Maul killing Anoon Bondara) I don't see why this should be so impressive.

Yet Exar before coming up with his new weapon and style was still able to stalemate Ulic Quel-Droma who destroyed the likes of Warb Null (guy in Sith Armor possessed by the spirit of an ancient Sith Lord), King Ommin, Satal Keto and (shortly after the duel with Kun) Mandalore.

I really don't see why you think Anakin is so impressive. He pulled a fast one on Dooku. His confrontations with Asajj and Durge are almost a non-issue.

Skill of Skywalker = entering rage and then overcome people with brute force ? That's, at best, on one level with Kun as he was in his duel with Sylvar. The later Kun is far more controlled and most likely (new weapon / style) a better duellist than he was before. I don't see how Anakin should be able to overcome him.

Really, Advent. While I do respect you as a debater I still don't get how Anakin's victory over Dooku is anything compareable to Kun's triumph over Vodo. Kun toyed with Vodo and then tooled him with a single attack. He simply outclassed him. While Anakin didn't outclass Dooku. He simply utilized his brute strength to grap him and cut his hands off. Kun was pretty much in a class of his own in terms of saber combat at the end of his live unmatched by anybody else in his era (estimating that not even Ulic could have taken him out after he developed his weapon / style). That's certainly nothing somebody could say above Anakin.

Yoda might be a matching opponent for Kun. Perhabs also Mace with his Shatterpoint ability. But Anakin ? No way.

darthsith19
I don't remember Anakin ever going up against Asajj when she was using her double bladed lightsaber. When was this? Kun's above Dooku, too, plus when Anakin beat Dooku in 30 seconds he was using the Dark Side, Dooku was tired, and Dooku had just got kicked in the stomach, which hurt his game. Normally, it'd have taken Anakin a lot longer to take out Dooku.

jollyjim311
I don't remember Anakin ever going up against Asajj when she was using her double bladed lightsaber. When was this? Kun's above Dooku, too, plus when Anakin beat Dooku in 30 seconds he was using the Dark Side, Dooku was tired, and Dooku had just got kicked in the stomach, which hurt his game. Normally, it'd have taken Anakin a lot longer to take out Dooku.

Okay, maybe Asajj never did connect her sabers against Anakin, I thought she did later in the clone wars, in the comic where Anakin uses the force to constrict her and wires and such, but I very well may be mistaken.
Actually, Dooku fully revitalized himself before it was just him and Anakin. Going by the novel, I'd say if Anakin didn't briefly hold back he could have beaten Dooku faster than he did. Meaning Dooku would lose in under 30 seconds (including the 15 second sabre lock).

Darth Hord
Wasn't Dooku holding back because he thought the plan was to turn Anakin to the dark side? If that is the case then Dooku couldn't be going all out since he knew he couldn't kill or severely hurt Anakin.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Wasn't Dooku holding back because he thought the plan was to turn Anakin to the dark side? If that is the case then Dooku couldn't be going all out since he knew he couldn't kill or severely hurt Anakin.

I think this has probably been discussed a hell of a lot of times, dude, and almost everyone knows Dooku was NOT holding back and actually got owned

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Riverollv
I think this has probably been discussed a hell of a lot of times, dude, and almost everyone knows Dooku was NOT holding back and actually got owned

If that's the case then my bad.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Borbarad
Did Anakin exhibit mastery of at least three styles during his career ? Kun was at least using Makashi (noted in the original essay about lightsaber combat) Djem So (seen in the comics) and Jar'Kai (seen in the comic) aside of the personal style he most likely designed to wield his own invention: The double-bladed lightsaber.

And Dooku has been noted to be one of the most powerful students in the last centuries - respectively one of the most powerful students trained by Yoda. While this is impressive I don't see where that puts him in one league with Kun who - according to Anderson - was the most powerful Sith Lord in history excluding the DE version of Sidious.

Yet I don't exactly see how Vodo should not have been an impressive combatant. How many Jedi in his age did you see that absolutely suck in armed combat ? How many Jedi did you see putting "master duellist" on their asses after disarming them while being armed with nothing more than a stick (even if that one was "more powerful than a lightsaber"wink ?

Erm. Where did Anakin exactly "wipe his ass" with Dooku ? Dooku completely tooled Anakin and Obi-Wan until the point he provoked Anakin and then Anakin landed a cheap shot. It's still not as if he "outduelled" Dooku. He took him down with brute force. Something that he won't manage to do with Exar "muscle man" Kun.

And killing Cin Drallig was nice, yes. However. Given how easy the former lightsaber instructors / battle masters of the order where handled by other people (e.g. Maul killing Anoon Bondara) I don't see why this should be so impressive.

Yet Exar before coming up with his new weapon and style was still able to stalemate Ulic Quel-Droma who destroyed the likes of Warb Null (guy in Sith Armor possessed by the spirit of an ancient Sith Lord), King Ommin, Satal Keto and (shortly after the duel with Kun) Mandalore.

I really don't see why you think Anakin is so impressive. He pulled a fast one on Dooku. His confrontations with Asajj and Durge are almost a non-issue.

Skill of Skywalker = entering rage and then overcome people with brute force ? That's, at best, on one level with Kun as he was in his duel with Sylvar. The later Kun is far more controlled and most likely (new weapon / style) a better duellist than he was before. I don't see how Anakin should be able to overcome him.

Really, Advent. While I do respect you as a debater I still don't get how Anakin's victory over Dooku is anything compareable to Kun's triumph over Vodo. Kun toyed with Vodo and then tooled him with a single attack. He simply outclassed him. While Anakin didn't outclass Dooku. He simply utilized his brute strength to grap him and cut his hands off. Kun was pretty much in a class of his own in terms of saber combat at the end of his live unmatched by anybody else in his era (estimating that not even Ulic could have taken him out after he developed his weapon / style). That's certainly nothing somebody could say above Anakin.

Yoda might be a matching opponent for Kun. Perhabs also Mace with his Shatterpoint ability. But Anakin ? No way.

I agree with you a lot.

darthsith19
Okay, maybe Asajj never did connect her sabers against Anakin, I thought she did later in the clone wars, in the comic where Anakin uses the force to constrict her and wires and such, but I very well may be mistaken.
Actually, Dooku fully revitalized himself before it was just him and Anakin. Going by the novel, I'd say if Anakin didn't briefly hold back he could have beaten Dooku faster than he did. Meaning Dooku would lose in under 30 seconds (including the 15 second sabre lock).
No, actually the novel states that Dooku was getting tired. Anakin was NOT holding back in the one on one duel, and in the two on one duel he was fighting the best that he could without endangering Kenobi.

From the ROTS novel:
Dooku felt himself blanch. Where had this come from? Skywalker came on, mechanically inexorable, impossibly powerful, a destroyer droid with a lightsaber: each step a blow and each blow a step. Dooku backed away as fast as he dared; Skywalker stayed right on top of him. Dooku's breath went short and hard. He no longer tried to block Skywalker's strikes but only to guide them slanting away; he could not meet Skywalker strength-to-strength-not only did the boy wield tremendous reserves of Force energy, but his sheer physical power was astonishing-

The shining blue lightsaber whirled and spat and every overhand chop crashed against Dooku's defense with the unstoppable power of a meteor strike; the Sith Lord spent lavishly of his reserve of the Force merely to meet these attacks without being cut in half, and Skywalker-
Skywalker was getting stronger.
Each parry cost Dooku more power than he'd used to throw Kenobi across the room; each block aged him a decade.
He decided he'd best revise his strategy once again.
He no longer even tried to strike back. Force exhaustion began to close down his perceptions, drawing his consciousness back down to his physical form, trapping him within his own skull until he could barely even feel the contours of the room around him; he dimly sensed stairs at his back, stairs that led up to the entrance balcony. He retreated up them, using the higher
ground for leverage, but Skywalker just kept on coming, tirelessly ferocious.

Still believe that Dooku wasn't tired?

And about the kick:
The impact was a blast of white fire, and there was a second impact against his back that was the balcony rail, and then the room turned upside down and he fell toward the ceiling, but not really, of course: it only felt that way because he had flipped over the rail and he was falling headfirst toward the floor, and neither his arms nor his legs were paying any attention to what he was trying to make them do. The Force seemed to be busy elsewhere, and really, the whole process was entirely mortifying.

That weakened Dooku a bit, too.

Advent
Originally posted by Borbarad

Who is 'focusing' on Vodo? Why don't you ask Sexy, as he's the one who brought it up. Unless, of course, you're telling me not to refute a point that was attempted to be made.

Did Exar Kun? No.

And the relevance in this is what exactly? You may recall Cin Drallig -- the foremost battlemaster of the Jedi Order, who mastered Forms I-VI -- who was slaughtered after 'a few short lightsaber exchanges', and was still being fended off with one hand.

If you're referring to Star Wars Insider, issue 62, then you're wrong. Exar Kun was never noted as being proficient in Makashi:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7268/fightsaber3lgos5.th.png

I have all the pages regarding the Fightsaber article, and not a single mention of "Exar Kun" appears throughout the entire essay. Kun being a practitioner of Makashi was fabricated by some site; it's completely false.

And Exar is said to be a Jar'Kai master where? He duels against Ulic with one, and he uses dual blades on one occasion: against Vodo.

If by 'the last centuries', your terminology means 'ever' (at least since the formation of the Jedi Order twenty five thousand years ago), then I agree.

And according to Dan Wallace, Darth Sidious is the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith as of RotS. I really don't see how an author's opinion (that's what it is) matters.

As well, didn't he say it was 'likely'? Which isn't definitive, anyways. Can you provide me to a link of sorts? I do believe that he said that, as I vaguely recall it, but please show me where if you can find it.

He has never, and I repeat, never been shown to have any type of special qualities aside from having "the skill of long experience", and being able to perform a temporary Wall of Light, when having several other Jedi add their power.

As far as his dueling prowess goes with a melee weapon, he's nothing special, as far as been mentioned.

Cay Qel-Droma sucked, Crado really sucked, Oss Willum sucked. And I didn't say that he 'absolutely sucked', I said he's average, or rather, "nothing special" (because he is).

We have Jedi masters getting killed by their own students, so either all the students in the time were extremely talented, or the more likely, not everyone was a capable combatant. I don't see what other people have to do with Vodo, though, as he is neither them nor they him.

And you should have added that he was stated to have wielded the weapon as good as a lightsaber, suggesting that the fact it was a stick shouldn't have much bearing on how he fights, unless he was aiming to kill. Which, of course, he wasn't.

And he was able to down him simply because he's found his balance point, as stated by the narrator. Which was due to his experience.

Revenge of the Sith.

First of all, Count Dooku wasn't doing jack shit until he kicked Anakin, and he only had the upper hand in combat in the beginning when they were using ploy forms. The novelization writes:

"Skywalker was all over him. The shining blue lightsaber whirled and spat and every overhand chop crashed against Dooku's defense with the unstoppable power of a meteor strike; the Sith Lord spent lavishly of his reserve of the Force merely to meet these attacks.

He retreated up them, using the higher ground for leverage, but Skywalker just kept on coming, tirelessly ferocious.

And even now, he was holding himself back; even now, as he landed at Dooku's flank and rained blows upon the Sith Lord's defenses, even as he drove Dooku backward step after step, Dooku could feel how Skywalker kept his fury banked behind walls of will." (Revenge of the Sith, Ch. 3, The Way of the Sith)

Secondly, even without being 'provoked', as you so name it, he was holding back, and still winning. I'll trust the highest form of canon, next to George Lucas, and the movies themselves. As novelizations are "G"-canon.

Thirdly, even while utilizing Ataru, he gave Count Dooku a run for his money. After Dooku disarmed his second lightsaber, he still was able to put up a fight. Now, I don't see how AotC Anakin Skywalker was even remotely as physically strong as he was in RotS, given he didn't even have his mechanical hand at that point. So, it's quite apparent that Anakin has immense skill.

Unless you're going to tell me that Darth Vader doesn't possess, then there's nothing to suggest that 'Anakin's skill' equates to entering a furious rage, and hammering away at his opponent a la RotJ Luke, because George Lucas has stated that Darth Vader's dueling prowess (with a lightsaber) is a mere shadow of his former self's. So, I'm lead to believe that given Vader is an extremely outstanding duelist in terms of ability, that Anakin is as well, except for the fact he's a fair margin better.

Right, because pure strength alone wins matches.

This would be why Darth Vader beat Ben Ken--oh, wait. No, he didn't. He couldn't even overwhelm Obi-Wan until Kenobi yielded of his own free will.

This would why...actually, this is why you should get the point. Anakin's skill combined with his speed (which is described by narration to be 'the fastest' of his generation, as well by Durge, who calls him 'the fastest Jedi he's ever '), and his physical strength won him the match. But, neither the latter, or speed alone would be of any help if you don't have the talent to properly utilize it. Something which Anakin possesses, and a vast amount, I might add.

Count Dooku has delt with physical strength before, outmatching Grievous in their training sessions without exerting the upper limit of his power (CW Grievous, mind you), taking down Sora Bulq and Master Tholme, as well as Asajj Ventress. And I'm fairly certain that, physically, Grievous is stronger than Anakin given he's of a droid construct, and tosses full grown men lengths like that of a football field.

You'll also take notice that Anoon Bondara's skill with a lightsaber was described as "second to none", so even if you want to consider that an aggrandizement of his abilities (though, I don't see how you could, seeing as it lists Yoda's skill as well), it still speaks volumes.

Sora Bulq, another lightsaber instructor, kicked ass, too. He certainly isn't the best, but he definitely has nice capabilities, to say the least. As mentioned in his Expanded Universe databank profile:

"Sora Bulq was one of the greatest lightsaber instructors the Jedi order had ever known, perfecting the various forms of combat techniques, both classical and experimental. He even helped Mace Windu perfect the art of vaapad, the seventh form of lightsaber combat so intense and dangerous, that to practice it was to tread perilously close to the dark side."

Really, Nai, that type of logic stumps me coming from someone like you. According to you, Anoon sucks (or some equivalent in terms of ranking), therefore all battle masters after him must've too? <alternate universe> That reasoning makes sense </alternate universe>.

All he did again King Ommin was resist his dark side energies (not lightsaber related at all), and cut his metal exoskeleton, of which he needs, otherwise he 'collapses like an Arkanian jellyfish', which he did.

This is lightsaber related how?

Advent
Same point continued...

Now, against Mandalore, he wasn't exactly dominating the entire duel either:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5615/mandaloreuliche7.th.png

He did win, but he certainly didn't kick his ass (not saying that you made mention of that, merely pointing it out).

Warb Null I'll give to you, as he simply cut his head off before he could react, and Satal, as well. But I don't recall the latter being a great swordsman.

It's pretty simple: because he is.

Alright, let me play the same card in regards to the duel Exar had as a padawan versus Vodo. Kun didn't exactly 'out duel' him either, he broke through his quarterstaff with two lightsabers (which makes sense, as Vodo's walking stick was described as "more powerful than lightsaber"wink. Although, the second time, he completely had him outclassed, as noted by tDSSB.

And I don't see how it's even possible to do what Anakin did without properly overwhelming his defenses, and setting him up to the point where he could do that. That's excluding the fact that he was already on the victorious end beforehand.

"He understood how Skywalker was getting stronger. Why he no longer spoke. How he had become a machine of battle. He understood why Sidious had been so interested in him for so long. Skywalker was a natural."

As well, this would obviously be why Count Dooku describes Anakin as "a Djem So stylist, and as fine a one as had ever seen".

It's 'not comparable'? Is this an April Fool's Joke? If it is, I hate to tell you that it passed a couple weeks ago. stick out tongue

Just kidding, but on a serious note, again, Vodo was anywhere remotely near Count Dooku in terms of fighting abilities?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, he wasn't.

I don't recall denying this, as I've argued this before, and proved that Vodo stood absolutely "no chance", and the like (which is stated in tDSSB), but really, to reiterate, Vodo was average, at best, from what we have seen.

Yes, that's all he did.

And you're taking a comparison from two different eras. Place Exar Kun in the prequel trilogy, and -- from his shown prowess -- tell me that he'd 'be in a class of his own' there.

You can't, because he wouldn't. So, I'm not seeing how that matters.

Now, onto darthsith19's bullshit...

was NOT holding back in the one on one duel.

Since I'm not wasting my time typing up paragraphs as usual for your points, I'll simply call you out on lying.

"And even now, he was holding himself back; even now, as he landed at Dooku's flank and rained blows upon the Sith Lord's defenses, even as he drove Dooku backward step after step, Dooku could feel how Skywalker kept his fury banked behind walls of will: walls that were hardened by some uncontrollable dread." (Revenge of the Sith, Ch. 3, Way of the Sith).

This excerpt comes after Anakin kicked him square in the face, so please stop making things up, it only makes you look like even more of a buffoon.

And the key details you purposefully excluded state this,

"He was barely able to summon a last surge of dark power before what would have been a disabling impact. The Force cradled him, cushioning his fall and setting him on his feet. "

And this,

"He pushed this aside, drawing once more upon the certain knowledge of his personal invincibility to open a channel to the Force. Power flowed into him, and the weight of his years dropped away.".

Which, again, appear after the needlessly lengthy passages you posted.

Advent
First of all, Count Dooku wasn't doing jack shit until he kicked Anakin, and he only had the upper hand in combat in the beginning when they were using ploy forms.

I really hate to triple post, but what I meant here was that he wasn't doing jack shit to Anakin, as he was stomping a mudhole in Obi-Wan's ass when calling upon the Force, but he definitely was not 'tooling' Anakin, at all.

Janus X
Holy Plo-Koon!!!! Thats a long page ownage..for me. Since I got owned by endless texts. I can't read em all. It's not humanely possible!

xxXAcStylesXxx
http://ronsimmons.ytmnd.com/

jollyjim311
Not to make a big post/deal out of it, seeing as Advent has pretty much covered everything, but, my two cents.

Nai: Calling what Anakin did to Dooku a cheap shot (or anything of the like, a "Fast one"wink makes no sense to me. Anakin out dueled him and set it up. Also, even if I did entertain the thought that it was a cheap shot, how would that automatically mean that Anakin couldn't outduel him? Maul pulled a "fast one" on Qui Gon by hitting him with the hilt of his saber, does that mean Qui Gon would have won had Maul not set him up for that? Could Kun not have won his fight with Vodo if he hadn't "pulled a fast one" and broke his stick? . To pull a "fast one" you have to first outduel them and set it up.

DS: Saying that Dooku lost because he was tired is 100% true. However, you can not use that as an excuse, seeing as how everything you mentioned that points to Tyranus' fatigue was done by Anakin. That would be like saying that Muhammad Ali only beat George Foreman because George was tired. That's true, however, Ali was the one who wore him out, so, I don't see what you're trying to accomplish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.