Hydra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
In recent years they must have lost thousands of soldiers, Spider-Woman has blown up a few of their main bases, Wolverine & Elektra murdered a ton of them, Iron Fist is currently walking through them like they aren't even there (as are his enemies) The Avengers have taken a lot of them down .... basically every time they show up they lose a few hundred/thousand soldiers ... either captured or killed ... Even groups like AIM occasionally spank them.

So where do they keep getting recruits from? and why do people decide to sign up?

no expression

{{QS}}
Power, fame and money are why people sign-up.

As to why there not destroyed i don't know

CasanoVa
*pushes HYDRA costume under bed with foot*

erm HYDRA you say? Haven't heard of it.

Meh, I don't know they're probably clones or something (seeing as AIM kinda walks hand in hand with them).

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
In recent years they must have lost thousands of soldiers, Spider-Woman has blown up a few of their main bases, Wolverine & Elektra murdered a ton of them, Iron Fist is currently walking through them like they aren't even there (as are his enemies) The Avengers have taken a lot of them down .... basically every time they show up they lose a few hundred/thousand soldiers ... either captured or killed ... Even groups like AIM occasionally spank them.

So where do they keep getting recruits from? and why do people decide to sign up?

no expression

Cap asks the same question in issue #24.

I think there are two possible answers.

1) The pay is really good, I mean people aren't gonna be entranced by their catchy slogans!
2) On their recruitment drives, Madame Hydra asks people to join. Who is gonna say no to Madame Hydra?

marvelprince
Gotta go with Will here. Madame Hydra is hot! Also alot of them probably adopt my mindset whenever they see Wolverine.

"Holy sh*t!. Its Logan"

*plays dead*

Then tell a miraculous story of survival, get a promotion and live to rant another day. Plus I hear they have a killer health plan.

willRules
Life insurance must be hard to come by.

"Were insuring you for what?!!!!"

"Well you see, were building a death ray, developing some powerful explosives and I'm currently involved in some terrorist activities."

Hydra is crazy. I mean surely they realize what they are doing is morally wrong and will result in failure. There really is only one thing they can do. Join A.I.M.

Scoobless
You have to be a physics or chemistry genius to join AIM ... Hydra is a high school drop out group of AIM wannabes.

willRules
laughing out loud Yeah Hydra sucks. organized crime and following guys like Mandarin or Modok is where it's at these days. laughing

grey fox
The best Hydra can do is set up a bunch of goons to try and grab a few choicey items (nukes ect) .

The best AIM can do is make a Cosmic Cube and reality-f*ck the universe.

AIM really ARE in a league of their own , terrorist wise that is.

marvelprince
Hydra is for the dropouts, no doubt, but I bet they kick ass at the inter-terrorist softball games.

"Yea your achievements dwarf ours and you had four Phd's by the time you were 19 but can't even make it to second!"

DigiMark007
AIM >> Hydra.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
AIM >> Hydra.

Yeah, but in AIM you have to take orders from MODOK, a giant head with no compunctions about killing you for screwing up. Although....if you're in Hydra you have to fight Cap and occasionally Deadpool. laughing

Evil_Ash
What's AIM up to these days anyway?

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yeah, but in AIM you have to take orders from MODOK, a giant head with no compunctions about killing you for screwing up. Although....if you're in Hydra you have to fight Cap and occasionally Deadpool. laughing

True. Then again you can just move slightly behind Modok and his one weakness (lack of peripheral vision) screws him over Good and proper.

...or you could just remind him of the time he got chumped by the Thing.

grey fox
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

Bugger all from what Wiki tells me....

DigiMark007

Creating Death's Head 3.0, then losing control of him like every other cyborg they've ever created. Not sure if it's in 616 though...I have a feeling it's in the 2020 universe (to stay consistent with the continuity of other DH units).

Scoobless

In Ms Marvel they've made a DNA bomb which assplodes people on a cellular level (or something) .... while Hydra are still all running around with AK47s looking for people to shout at.

erm

grey fox
Originally posted by marvelprince
Gotta go with Will here. Madame Hydra is hot! .

Who WOULDN'T want to tap this ?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/VIPER.JPG

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by grey fox

Midnighter?

marvelprince
Originally posted by grey fox

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/VIPER.JPG

Well if was poisonous and you knew that you would die afterwards...

I'd still hit it!

Big Sexy
Dont forget Spiderwoman was once a member of Hydra. I think she still owes favors naughty

Symmetric Chaos

no expression

There's secretly a high level matter manipulator running a base where he wastes his immense power on the frivilous task of making thousands of worthless HYDRA henchmen.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
There's secretly a high level matter manipulator running a base where he wastes his immense power on the frivilous task of making thousands of worthless HYDRA henchmen.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Hydra_001.jpg

stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Hydra have a killer dental plan.....Well thats why Bob signed up...

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hydra have a killer dental plan.....Well thats why Bob signed up... yeps Bob:Agent of Hydra was the agent ever.

but srsly, all of Hydra really really sucks.

grey fox
I was reading a fanfic earlier that really envisioned the entirety of all Marvles terrorist organisations.

Thus I present to you...'The U-ray Incident'

TricksterPriest
eek! I actually read that fic. It's a Ranma 1/2 version of the Defenders. Funny ass shit. laughing Mad props Grey Fox. thumb up big grin

One thing you have to give AIM props for: They made one of the best anti-superhero weapons in history, 'The Super Adaptoid.'

Grimm22
Why do people join Hydra? Same reason people join Scientology, or Al-Queda, or any other Cult/Terrorist Group out there

Because people are stupid no expression

And what really is the difference between AIM and Hydra? confused

I mean besides Hydra being more of a religious cult-organization and AIM is more like an organization of mad-scientists

willRules
Originally posted by Grimm22
And what really is the difference between AIM and Hydra? confused
I mean besides Hydra being more of a religious cult-organization and AIM is more like an organization of mad-scientists

Hydra take a generally creationist view whereas AIM are generally more pro-evolutionary process stick out tongue

CasanoVa
Hydra pwns AIM.

But Hank Pym pwned Hydra

But Hank Pym pwns everyone erm

willRules
I consider myself to be a generally nice person, but I really want Hank Pym to be killed off. Is that really so wrong?

CasanoVa
Originally posted by willRules
I consider myself to be a generally nice person, but I really want Hank Pym to be killed off. Is that really so wrong?

You Suck!

Hank Pym is the single most awesome man in the MU, you just don't know it yet, if you aren't reading Avengers: The Initiative already, you pick that damned book up. (not only is it good, you get to see Pym written right).

He owns when he's in his jerky Yellowjacket persona, like in Avengers Forever.

willRules
Originally posted by CasanoVa
You Suck!

Hank Pym is the single most awesome man in the MU, you just don't know it yet, if you aren't reading Avengers: The Initiative already, you pick that damned book up. (not only is it good, you get to see Pym written right).

He owns when he's in his jerky Yellowjacket persona, like in Avengers Forever.

I read initiative. All I saw was a wife beater ride a space ship like a rodeo and get a medal for it. I coulda done that. (Not the beating my wife, the other thing.) wink

TricksterPriest

Nah. I want Scarlet ***** to be assasinated myself. stick out tongue

willRules
I want to her to come back and screw everything up until Hawkeye kills her with an arrow yes

CasanoVa
I read initiative. All I saw was a wife beater ride a space ship like a rodeo and get a medal for it. I coulda done that. (Not the beating my wife, the other thing.) wink

Smart man.

You could of fired yourself out of a gun, onto a moving space ship, then grow to like 100 feet, then surf it out of the way of the White House and pretty much any living thing, then shrink to sub-atomic size and survive the blast?

Yeah.. of course you could Mr.Russel thumb up

And dear God, so the guy hit his wife once, so what? Really.. it's like he doesn't give himself enough stick for it already, it's not like Spiderman hasn't hit MJ before either.

Pym pwns, especially the Yellowjacket persona.

willRules
Smart man.

You could of fired yourself out of a gun, onto a moving space ship, then grow to like 100 feet, then surf it out of the way of the White House and pretty much any living thing, then shrink to sub-atomic size and survive the blast?

Yeah.. of course you could Mr.Russell thumb up

Sounds like someone isn't a believer. roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh and you spelt Russell wrong stick out tongue

And dear God, so the guy hit his wife once, so what? Really.. it's like he doesn't give himself enough stick for it already, it's not like Spiderman hasn't hit MJ before either.

Pym pwns, especially the Yellowjacket persona.

I do prefer Yellow Jacket to Goliath. Although it felt really good to see Ultimate Cap pwn Ultimate Pym yes

CasanoVa
I can't believe you think Pym sucks, I'm disgusted, I actually am.

Did you never read WCA? He pwned "Dr.Pym", he wasn't even a super-hero then, but he pwned people so much. I can't believe you think Pym's a chump.

Seriously..

erm..

Ultimate Hank's also a legend IMO, slapping his wife around was pretty harsh I think but he deserved the beating he got from Cap. I like how he switched teams at the end of "The Liberators" arc, what a crafty bastard.

capt it up
lol thats true this year a lone or was it last eyar wolverine killed like 42,000 of them

willRules
Ultimate Hank's also a legend IMO, slapping his wife around was pretty harsh I think but he deserved the beating he got from Cap. I like how he switched teams at the end of "The Liberators" arc, what a crafty bastard.

laughing Legend isn't the word I'd use stick out tongue

willRules
Originally posted by capt it up
lol thats true this year a lone or was it last eyar wolverine killed like 42,000 of them

That was in enemy of the state or agent of shield, wasn't it? smile

Grimm22

Go read some back issues of the West Coast Avengers.

That's Hank at his prime in terms of both character and abilities (Seriously he kicks ass without even going giant sized!)

And as for the spousal abuse thing, Ultimates blew that whole thing WAY out of proportion. In 616, all he did was backslap her when he was a mess after Ultron went on a killing spree. It doesn't justify it, but still no one feels worse about it than Hank.

SpunkySmurph
Ultimate Pym's a chump.

Janet was doing a good job holding her own until he decided to play dirty.

willRules
Yeah it totally rocked when ultimate Cap pwned him yes

616 Pym just never appealed to me much smile

Scoobless
Pym rules you fool.

no expression

CasanoVa
Pym rules you fool.

no expression

This man knows his stuff.

That's why he's going to win the tournie wink

The huge bribe he gave me didn't help in the slightest though erm

willRules
laughing out loud

grey fox
laughing out loud

Winter Soldier Sig FTW

willRules
cheers big grin

Oh and Metal Gear Solid pwns thumb up

CasanoVa
Ok folks, enough with the cock strokes.

erm

Symmetric Chaos

erm

Yeah some people *cough* V *cough* have sigs that suck and that kinda talk makes them feel bad.

CasanoVa
Yeah some people *cough* V *cough* have sigs that suck and that kinda talk makes them feel bad.

And some people watch anime, and spend most of their time wondering what they would sound like dubbed into dutch or spanish. *cough* Symmetric *cough.

Dragon Ball Z owns you ermm.

Symmetric Chaos
And some people watch anime, and spend most of their time wondering what they would sound like dubbed into dutch or spanish. *cough* Symmetric *cough.

Dragon Ball Z owns you ermm.

I don't wonder I know 313

Some people *cough* V *cough* are keeping this thread off topic.

CasanoVa
I don't wonder I know 313

Some people *cough* V *cough* are keeping this thread off topic.

Some people *cough* Symmetric *cough* are encouraging V to keep this thread off topic, they also smell.

Symmetric Chaos
Some people *cough* Symmetric *cough* are encouraging V to keep this thread off topic, they also smell.

Someone *cough* V *cough* are ignoring people telling them to get back on topic.

TricksterPriest
Someone *cough* V *cough* are ignoring people telling them to get back on topic.

Some people *cough* Sym&V *cough* suck and need keep things off-topic cause they're funnier. durfist

And both your sigs rock. cock-stroking ftw. evillaugh

capt it up
That was in enemy of the state or agent of shield, wasn't it? smile
ya it was agent of shield

willRules

erm

laughing

Correct interpretation......

Will I'm sooo jealous of your supercool Bucky sig that I'm gonna make homosexual references because that's all I ever think about; homosexual references. By the way your sig still totally rocks and I think all your sigs are amazing.

Now whose the gay suck up stick out tongue

que the retaliatory insults.

Symmetric Chaos

que the retaliatory insults.

confused

Y-you're gay. I feel the need to insult you over the internet because I'm so insecure that the very idea of gay people being on the internet causes me to go into shock.

And you're gay too.

confused

willRules
cry I HATE YOU ALL mad cry

marvelprince
I can't believe you think Pym sucks, I'm disgusted, I actually am.

Did you never read WCA? He pwned "Dr.Pym", he wasn't even a super-hero then, but he pwned people so much. I can't believe you think Pym's a chump.

Seriously..

erm..

I'm with you. Pym is great. The guy hit his wife once (which Peter has done before) and yet thats all people remember him for.

I didn't like the way he got beat down in Ultimates though, and didn't like how he wound up as even more of a loser when he tried the whole Ant-Man persona.

Ant-Man rocks btw.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by marvelprince
I'm with you. Pym is great. The guy hit his wife once (which Peter has done before) and yet thats all people remember him for.

I didn't like the way he got beat down in Ultimates though, and didn't like how he wound up as even more of a loser when he tried the whole Ant-Man persona.

Ant-Man rocks btw.

love

We agree too much, it's spooky.

Some part of me wants to call you "Super Chocolate Bear" or "SCB" for short, but if the good people of KMC don't watch scrubs, they'd think I was being racist.

Totally off topic.

Dr Pym > Yellowjacket > Ant Man > Giant Man > Goliath

That's how I think it goes for Pym's personas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.