If Movie Tickets cost the same as a new release DVD...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
...would you still go to movie theaters?

For me nothing tops the movie going experience....however, $10.00 a ticket is bit too stiff....Movie Studios and chain movie theaters want to fight piracy...then start by lowering the price tickets.

Anywhoo....your thoughts...

(this thread is regarding new release DVD's in stores NOT bootlegs DVD movies)

jaden101

MildPossession

Cory Chaos
I only pay $5.75, $6.25 tops. DVD's are a waste of money to me nowadays.

forumcrew
I dont think piracy hurts theaters much, anything I actually wanted to see id go see not download. And for the right type of movie i dont mind the price (of the movie, the snacks are an outrage).

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession

I hardly go to the cinema anymore, it is nearly always spoilt by some morons in the audience and that really spoils my experience.

i hate that...best way to avoid it is go near the end of the films run when its practically empty...or at an obscure time of the day

helps avoid the arseholes

although saying that...when i went to see 300 i was with a group of friends and the mobile phone of the girl sat next to me went off and when she took it out her bag and shut it off i said "you're gettin' a ****in' beatin' outside" and loads of people burst out laughing.

Puzzle
Originally posted by jaden101
i hate that...best way to avoid it is go near the end of the films run when its practically empty...or at an obscure time of the day

helps avoid the arseholes

although saying that...when i went to see 300 i was with a group of friends and the mobile phone of the girl sat next to me went off and when she took it out her bag and shut it off i said "you're gettin' a ****in' beatin' outside" and loads of people burst out laughing.

At least she turned it off instead of just answering it.

BackFire
I think movie tickets are to expensive as is. I usually only go to see movies in the theater that I REALLY want to see, even some of those I pass up and wait for the DVD release.

H. S. 6
Perhaps it's just me, in that I don't notice these things, but I don't think I've had a single theater experience ruined/harmed by a loud or distractive person in the audience. I hear people all the time complaining about their time ruined, but I've never really been bothered in the same way. Guess I'm lucky. shrug

That being said, I don't go to the movies all that much. For big movies, or movies I really want to see, I will. Beyond that, not really.

WrathfulDwarf
If they would reduce the price of Movie tickets then maybe I would buy a larger bag of pop-corn.

Wolfie
If the prices become the same, I'd go to the theater a lot less often. I'd only go for movies I'm really eager to see, the few there would be.

ragesRemorse
i was thinking that if i avoided going to the movies for a entire year. I would have enough money to buy a very decent lcd flat screen and a great sound system. As appealing as that thought is, it is still more appealing to watch a really good movie in the theater. Even though ninety percent of the movies i end up going to see are decent at best. I complain for having to pay $12 plus popcorn and drink prices everytime i go, but i guess i would complain more if there were no movie theaters at all

Strangelove
Tickets are only $6.50 where I live, I consider myself lucky

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Strangelove
Tickets are only $6.50 where I live, I consider myself lucky

bastard.

there are theaters where i can go and only pay $5, but they are the most depressing theaters. I go there for movies like ninja turtles and hills have eyes2...yeah i paid to see hillas have eyes 2 embarrasment

RedAlertv2
Like Jaden said, some movies deserve to be watched on the big screen, and are worth the price. A recent example is 300.

forumcrew
i just use an old college ID get matinee prices any time of day.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
DVD's are a waste of money to me nowadays.

Why?

MildPossession

wuTa
**** no I wouldn't go to the movies if they were as much as a new release DVD. Well, maybe I would, but only to the matinees, but even than the chances of me going would be slim.

History Buff

History Buff
Originally posted by BackFire
I think movie tickets are to expensive as is. I usually only go to see movies in the theater that I REALLY want to see, even some of those I pass up and wait for the DVD release.

Exactly the way i feel about it!!!!!! Happy Dance

Eccentric
Movie tickets here cost twice as much as the price for renting the latest DVD.

Cory Chaos
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Why?

I don't feel the need to own a movie, really. Even if I like it, chances are I won't watch it more than twice a month, and if that's the case, I'd use Netflix.

I can wait the whole day it takes to get to my house after I order it.

Lord Shadow Z

WrathfulDwarf
Snacks is yet another reason why going to movies is costing more. I like having my cold cherry coke and warm buttery popcorn while watching a movie. I hate brining my own food.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
...would you still go to movie theaters?

For me nothing tops the movie going experience....however, $10.00 a ticket is bit too stiff....Movie Studios and chain movie theaters want to fight piracy...then start by lowering the price tickets.

Anywhoo....your thoughts...

(this thread is regarding new release DVD's in stores NOT bootlegs DVD movies)
No because I'm so used to our movie theater down here being cheap. We have a really nice movie theater with like 20 different movie rooms (or whatever you wanna call them) and a game room and party room and actual NICE bathrooms and tickets for matinees are 4.50, and 6.50 for regular shows. Sometimes when I'm discussing something on here with other people and they come out and tell me the price that they pay for their movie theater, I go into shock.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.