Bruce Wayne vs. Tony Stark on the rocks with a twist!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Alright, Bruce versus Tony with an entire month of prep!

Thing is, Bruce only gets access to Tony's resources for the fight, and Tony only gets access to Bruce's.

Who can take it?

Symmetric Chaos
Tony is something of an ass. He'll bring the mother box to the fight along with all the crazy stuff Bruce has lying around.

Bruce . . . I guess he could bring the entirety of SHIELD with him or just slag Tony from above.

hmm I'd give the advatage to Tony since he probably has better tech in the Batcave.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Is this a hand to hand fight?

janus77
Bruce... all his toys are boobytrapped. Tony wouldn't survive the first few hours of foraging in the Batcave.

Stark industries on the otherhand, is like a candy store for Batman.

Soljer
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Is this a hand to hand fight?

It's a prep fight.

I guess if they wanted to spend their month of prep doing absolutely nothing, yeah, it'd be hand to hand.

But Bruce and Tony know a little better than that, methinks.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Tony Stark ftl. (that means for the loss)

TricksterPriest
Batman is much better at using prep than Stark. And I predict he shows up with an 'Iron Bat' suit and WTFPWNs Stark. vin

Soljer
Tony Stark ftl. (that means for the loss)

You know, using an acronym and then explaining it takes more effort than just not abbreviating in the first place....

confused.

Priest
I think over all Tony has better tech at his disposal, his own tech plus the reasources of shield..
Batman is a better prep guy than tony, so im leaning towards Bruce using tonys reasouces much more effienty than tony would with batmans..
BTW
Does batman currenty have access to a motherbox?

Priest
Oh yeah i forgot, Batman would have access to Captain America's sheild, so bruce wins by default.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Soljer
You know, using an acronym and then explaining it takes more effort than just not abbreviating in the first place....

confused.

There is nothing wrong with using an acronym. People may not have known what ftl means so I explained it. What is wrong with that?

Symmetric Chaos
There is nothing wrong with using an acronym. People may not have known what ftl means so I explained it. What is wrong with that?

Well since FTL means FasterThanLight in all other contexts its not a very good acronym.

Bouboumaster
Tony for the win.

Batman made the Batwing, the barmobile, bat-boomerang, and whatsoever.

On the other hand, Tony made the freakin' Iron Man, a 80 toners who fly, shot laser, etc. Tony destroy his own industries with a better version of the extremis Iron Man.

Priest
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Tony for the win.

Batman made the Batwing, the barmobile, bat-boomerang, and whatsoever.

On the other hand, Tony made the freakin' Iron Man, a 80 toners who fly, shot laser, etc. Tony destroy his own industries with a better version of the extremis Iron Man.
I would take one of tony's current armors over the batwing, and batmobile.

Soljer
I guess Tony does have a slight advantage in the fight since he takes at least one Iron Man suit with him (it's stored in his bones) whereas Bruce can't really take anything of his. erm.

Even so, I think it's a good match. Continue. smile.

Priest
I guess Tony does have a slight advantage in the fight since he takes at least one Iron Man suit with him (it's stored in his bones) whereas Bruce can't really take anything of his. erm.

Even so, I think it's a good match. Continue. smile.
Wouldent Tony still be able control his old armors cause using his Extremis that he would be always wearing smile

tkitna
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
hmm I'd give the advatage to Tony since he probably has better tech in the Batcave.

Huh?

Bruce would probably win. With Tonys resources, Bruce would have way more technology to play with.

Big Sexy
Who is richer by the way, Tony or Bruce?

Soljer
Originally posted by Priest
Wouldent Tony still be able control his old armors cause using his Extremis that he would be always wearing smile

For one, Tony doesn't need to wear the extremis armor to control tech.

Two, that's a very good point. Shit. Any tech Batman brings to the battlefield will be subject to Tony's abilities. It also means that any precautions or 'booby traps' Batman set up in his cave could be deactivated with a thought.

erm.

Priest
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Who is richer by the way, Tony or Bruce?
id say tony, the Government buys his military goods.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Well since FTL means FasterThanLight in all other contexts its not a very good acronym.

ftl also means for the loss, just like ftw means for the win. I see no reason for senseless arguing.

Priest
For one, Tony doesn't need to wear the extremis armor to control tech.
oh i dident know that embarrasment

Two, that's a very good point. Shit. Any tech Batman brings to the battlefield will be subject to Tony's abilities. It also means that any precautions or 'booby traps' Batman set up in his cave could be deactivated with a thought.
erm.
then tony wins? confused

Bouboumaster
The best trap that could make Bruce to Tony would be to put the Catwoman in the Batcave, just before leaving.

Priest
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The best trap that could make Bruce to Tony would be to put the Catwoman in the Batcave, just before leaving.
and leave him a bottle of Jonny Walker Black Lable.

Soljer
oh i dident know that embarrasment

then tony wins? confused

I guess so.. sad.

Damn, and I thought this'd be a good twist on a classic prep battle.

Son of a *****.

Superherovandal
Bruce. He'll have all of his assets booby-trapped so it'd be useless. Bruce would probably just nuke Tony and be done with it.

Priest
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Bruce. He'll have all of his assets booby-trapped so it'd be useless. Bruce would probably just nuke Tony and be done with it.
Im more than sure Tony's armor can take a nuke.

Superherovandal
his armor?? not really his armor got shat on by cap hitting it with a shield.

Priest
Originally posted by Superherovandal
his armor?? not really his armor got shat on by cap hitting it with a shield.
he was completely incapacitated..if tony wanted a working armor would be able to produce shields to shelter him self from a nuke..
Also tony can deactivate the missile himself cause he can control tech.

Soljer
Yeah. Tony's virus makes this awfully curbstompy in his favor. sad.

Priest
evil face

stick out tongue

Juntai
Batman would be prepared for that.

batdude123

Preparing for the entire league>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Preparing for Tony Stark.

Oh, and besides the armors, Batman has more impressive prep feats on his side.

The reason he doesn't make some really badass tech suit like Tony or Irons is because he likes the human approach to dealing with criminals.

Oh, and the people Batman have outsmarted make Stark look like a noob at preparation time.

Bats ftw.

Tank_6603
I can't attest to who would win but as far as who's richer I would say Tony is.. Combined with his private earnings and SHIELD bankrolling whatever he wants thru the government. Stark's money pit is bottomless, wayne's Just Filtyh stinking uber-rich. It's like Galactus vs the surfer. Surfer wields the cosmic power but Galactus is the power cosmic.

Edit: I'd Like for Bats to win since i Have a bit of a grudge against stark (as most ppl who followed civil war do)..

Priest
Originally posted by batdude123
Preparing for the entire league>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Preparing for Tony Stark.

Tony was prepared against the Avengers and Dr. Strange stick out tongue

batdude123
Tony was prepared against the Avengers and Dr. Strange stick out tongue

Batman>>>>>>>>>>>Current Strange

Priest
Batman>>>>>>>>>>>Current Strange laughing out loud
Batman>Ninja>>>>Strange eek!

TricksterPriest
laughing out loud
Batman>Ninja>>>>Strange eek!

QFT. Plus, given that's it Batman prepping, I guarantee he'll know about the Extremis and take counter measures. Like shooting off an EMP and making Stark fight H2H. evil face And if anyone says Stark wins in H2H without his armor, there will be blood. whistle

Soljer
EMP's no longer affect Stark. He stated that he upgraded his armor after the last time he got taken down by one.

SpunkySmurph
I guess so.. sad.

Damn, and I thought this'd be a good twist on a classic prep battle.

Son of a *****. I wouldn't put it past Bats to prep for that...

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I wouldn't put it past Bats to prep for that...

How? What tech can you build to stop a technopath? Anything you make could just as easily be used against you - and Stark's made himself immune to EMPs, too...

batdude123
EMP's no longer affect Stark. He stated that he upgraded his armor after the last time he got taken down by one.

Is that why a phased Vision was able to pwn Stark by screwing with the suit's electrical circuitry? erm It may not be exactly the same thing, however it works in the same manner.

Most powerful weapon in the universe>>>>>>>>Stark's armor.

And Bats has prepared for the GL ring just fine.

Validus
At least until the next writer forgets and he gets EMPwned again.

Soljer
Is that why a phased Vision was able to pwn Stark by screwing with the suit's electrical circuitry? erm It may not be exactly the same thing, however it works in the same manner.

Most powerful weapon in the universe>>>>>>>>Stark's armor.

And Bats has prepared for the GL ring just fine.

It doesn't work that way, and you know it, Batdude.

Tell me, what'll Batman do? What'll he bring to the fight that will own Stark so often?

LORDSIDIOUS01
In the hand to hand fight, Tony Star loses very badly I might to Batman.

batdude123
It doesn't work that way, and you know it, Batdude.

Tell me, what'll Batman do? What'll he bring to the fight that will own Stark so often?

Why not? It's been established that phasing in a machine has the same effects of a EMP. However, Batman doesn't need an EMP.

Tell me, can Stark see/sense objects on a molecular level?

Soljer
Sense objects on a molecular level? Doubtful. He can sense machinery/technology on a very wide scale, however. He'd sense and be able to deactivate anything Batman brought to the field before Batman could blink thanks to his Extremis-enhanced reactions.

Juntai
You have examples of him doing this?
The only one I can recall would be he took over Cloc, in his current series, but he needed to break through a firewall to do it, and even made a comment leading the reader to believe it was a crappy one at that.

Draco69
Batman is stunned to see that 90% of Tony Stark's "arsenal" consists of vodka, merlot, and rum.....

Juntai
Although the thread does pose some questions... Why would Tony even GET the Iron Man Extremis suit, when it's a direct product of his resources, and Bruce doesn't bring anything. . .. while for the sake of the thread, Bruce is supposed to have all of Tony's resources, and vice-versa.

It's speaking of Bruce and Tony getting the swap, not Iron Man and Batman.

batdude123
Sense objects on a molecular level? Doubtful. He can sense machinery/technology on a very wide scale, however. He'd sense and be able to deactivate anything Batman brought to the field before Batman could blink thanks to his Extremis-enhanced reactions.

Doubtful.

I take it you've never read Tower of Babel? Some serious badass prep moments in there for Bruce.

He'd program his microscopic nanites to enter inside Tony's body and light him on fire from the inside like he did to J'onn.

Batman has had a lot more impressive showings of prep than Stark ever has. He's successfully prepped against guys that make Tony look like a clown.

In a straight up battle, Bats would be owned, however this is his territory, and Stark would end up being murdered.

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai
Although the thread does pose some questions... Why would Tony even GET the Iron Man Extremis suit, when it's a direct product of his resources, and Batman doesn't bring anything. . .. while for the sake of the thread, Bruce is supposed to have all of Tony's resources, and vice-versa.

It's speaking of Bruce and Tony getting the swap, not Iron Man and Batman.

True, and that only makes this a bigger stomp.

SpunkySmurph
How? What tech can you build to stop a technopath? Anything you make could just as easily be used against you - and Stark's made himself immune to EMPs, too... Oh, ye of little faith...

Batman could:
Create a new species of metal-eating termites
Make a plastic psy-blocker, which should still block a technopath
Charge something with enough radiation that, by throwing it at Stark, you give him cancer (comic book science ftw)
Create an bomb that detonates upon detecting psychic waves
Come up with a toxin that shuts down the receptors in the mind that emit psychic waves
Etc.

Bentley
Can Ironman gain Superman's powers temporarily (using prep)? If so, most of those plans go to shit.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Bentley
Can Ironman gain Superman's powers temporarily (using prep)? If so, most of those plans go to shit. Why would Ironman be able to do that...?

batdude123
Can Ironman gain Superman's powers temporarily (using prep)? If so, most of those plans go to shit.

Not really.

Tower of Babel.

He created a synthetic form of kryptonite to adhere to Superman's skin making his skin transparent and causing him to overload with power which almost blew Supes up.

And how the f*ck is Stark going to gain Superman's powers in the first place?

Bentley
I'm trying to think in ways to use their prep that are only from their universes. You see, Bruce won't win if he doesn't know what to bring to the fight, the only reason he prepped against the League was because he knew them. As long as Tony can pull something out of his ass he will succeed.

mykke
the extremis is a part of tony stark, it is stored in his bones. So yes he should get the extremis armor imo. Id give this one to tony, he can control all his tech with his mind, nothing bruce uses that is tony's will do any good, and don't tell me bruce will counter that, considering they know nothing about each other i doubt he would even know about it, just like how tony wouldn't know about bruce's booby traps.

Alfheim
You know what I think Tony would win. Im sure Batmans arsenal is better. Batman has God tech for **** sake.

But you know what I think Bats would probably still pull a win.....

Newjak
You know in relaity I would say Ironman makes the better stuff then Batman but Batman probably do to his training in being a warrior knows how to use his stuff better.

erm

Newjak
You know in reality I would say Ironman makes the better stuff then Batman but Batman probably do to his training in being a warrior knows how to use his stuff better.

erm

Just to elaborate on what I'm saying.

Say you gave Tony and Batman the exact same materials to use. Tools, gear, and power source. Then say they only have a certain time to biuld something.

I would say Tony biulds the better weapon but Batman would make something that would be used better to beat Tony.

Say Tony makes charged Energy Cannon. It takes time to charge but carries the impact of a tank sheel in it.

Batman would build a a repeater dart gun that fires extremely fast.

So Batman would win even though Tony has the better item.

So I say
Tony>>>>>with tech
Batman>>>>>prep

Tha C-Master
That's because Tony is more intelligent in that aspect. He is a super genius after all.

Newjak
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
That's because Tony is more intelligent in that aspect. He is a super genius after all. Yes he is.

Although I'm not trying to say that Batman couldn't make the samethings as Tony I just think it would take him longer to do so.

Just like I think Tony could come up with the same prep plans just not as fast as Batman can.

Although I still say each is still a little better in their respective categories.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Newjak
Yes he is.

Although I'm not trying to say that Batman couldn't make the samethings as Tony I just think it would take him longer to do so.

Just like I think Tony could come up with the same prep plans just not as fast as Batman can.

Although I still say each is still a little better in their respective categories. That's what I mean, Tony has more of a natural knack towards it.

Newjak
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
That's what I mean, Tony has more of a natural knack towards it. Yeah it is his gift. stick out tongue

Alfheim
You know in relaity I would say Ironman makes the better stuff then Batman but Batman probably do to his training in being a warrior knows how to use his stuff better.

erm

You know what I dont think you can actually prove that. We do know that Bats has created devices that have stopped superman from hearing him. That has to be pretty good.

Tha C-Master
Or a low showing for Superman.

Newjak
Originally posted by Alfheim
You know what I dont think you can actually prove that. We do know that Bats has created devices that have stopped superman from hearing him. That has to be pretty good. At the same time I don't see Batman running around all the time with items that let him battle high end heralds like Silver Surfer and Thor or even low end ones like the Hulk
erm

Ironman's armor>Than Batman's standard gear and vehicles.

Batman's greatest gear=Years of prep and knowledge on the characters he is facing.

I think anything Batman has built, Ironman could as well and possibly better.

RSSR
LOL at people claiming Bruce having the edge because of booby-trapped batcave.

You don't think Tony may have similar precautions? When has anyone ever looted Tony's armors?

Superherovandal
Batman is easily just smart as Tony. He just doesn't spend his time making all that stuff. He's fighting crime in Gotham. Bruce has made tech to block J'onn's telepathy, he made a phasing bullet, etc. Tony's spends his spare time making stuff. Batman has basically no spare time between his acting as Bruce Wayne multi-billionaire playboy, fighting crime in Gotham, the Justice League, etc.

Soljer
Tony's the head of one of the largest corporations on the face of the Earth, the figurehead for the SHRA, one of the Mighty Avengers, is now the head of SHIELD, has his playboy life, AND has all this free time that Bruce doesn't? Quit making excuses.

batdude123
Tony's the head of one of the largest corporations on the face of the Earth, the figurehead for the SHRA, one of the Mighty Avengers, is now the head of SHIELD, has his playboy life, AND has all this free time that Bruce doesn't? Quit making excuses.

He may be, however I'm not making any excuses... I'm flat out saying that Batman has shown over the years to be more impressive than Tony has with prep and technology.

He outsmarts everyone and has plans for everything.

And lol at people pointing out Batman doesn't wear a suit of technology like Stark's. How original...

The reason he doesn't is because he likes the human approach to his dealings and on top of that, he normally doesn't face people that would make him require such a suit.

However, when he does decide to prepare for events, Batman's displayed more impressive intelligence and tech.

Soljer
When I said 'quit making excuses,' I was talking to the poster above me who claimed that Tony simply had more free time than Wayne.

batdude123
When I said 'quit making excuses,' I was talking to the poster above me who claimed that Tony simply had more free time than Wayne.

And when I said "he may be," that equaled me saying "the poster above me may be making excuses." stick out tongue

Soljer
Oh, I must have missed that part, stick out tongue.

Newjak
He may be, however I'm not making any excuses... I'm flat out saying that Batman has shown over the years to be more impressive than Tony has with prep and technology.

He outsmarts everyone and has plans for everything.

And lol at people pointing out Batman doesn't wear a suit of technology like Stark's. How original...

The reason he doesn't is because he likes the human approach to his dealings and on top of that, he normally doesn't face people that would make him require such a suit.

However, when he does decide to prepare for events, Batman's displayed more impressive intelligence and tech. I could lol at you because in the end Batman's most basic gadgets even his Batmobile and Batwing are completely inferior to Ironman's armor.

And the opposite is true when Batman has faced people that he need armor for.

The fact is Ironman's armor is greater than most of Batman's gadgets why because unlike Batman who has to specifically prep his weapon beforehand to fight herald level characters Tony's armor can do it on the fly. He may not win but by god he can take it to the likes of Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk for breif periods even adjusting his armor on the fly to help him more.

Batman can not say the same. He needs prep time to even dream of hoping to register with a herald.

Validus
Originally posted by RSSR
LOL at people claiming Bruce having the edge because of booby-trapped batcave.

You don't think Tony may have similar precautions? When has anyone ever looted Tony's armors?
Ultron? ermmlaugh

Blair Wind
So basically this thread is nulled because Ironman controls all tech now a days anyways right? Plus I mean Ironman has stuff like repulsers, tech weapons, uni beams (which supposedly can get to temps hotter than the sun. Unless I see the scan I doubt it though, but eh. Anyone have the scan?), and all sorts of nasty gadgets, can fight heralds, and all kinds of tech crap.

Then we have the worlds greatest detective. no expression

I like Bat's cunning though, so if he gets knowledge on Tony's powers he could conceivably beat him

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So basically this thread is nulled because Ironman controls all tech now a days anyways right? Plus I mean Ironman has stuff like repulsers, tech weapons, uni beams (which supposedly can get to temps hotter than the sun. Unless I see the scan I doubt it though, but eh. Anyone have the scan?), and all sorts of nasty gadgets, can fight heralds, and all kinds of tech crap.

Then we have the worlds greatest detective. no expression

I like Bat's cunning though, so if he gets knowledge on Tony's powers he could conceivably beat him

Well, with the thread stips, BRUCE is the one with all the repulsers, tech weapons, uni beams, and the like.

Minus the extremis, I spose, since it's built into tony's bones.

batdude123
I could lol at you because in the end Batman's most basic gadgets even his Batmobile and Batwing are completely inferior to Ironman's armor.

Yeah... you could try to "lol" at me even though I never said any different. The reason he doesn't wear armor is because he doesn't face guys like Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Thor on a consistent basis. He faces guys like Ra's Al Guhl, Joker, Hush, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Black Mask, Bane, Lady Shiva, Deathstroke, etc...

Nobody that he would really need something like that for. Plus, Bruce loves to scrap with his bare hands and beat some ass like that.

Can't really say the same for Tony's drunken ass. haermm stick out tongue

And lol at you trying to call me on Batman knowledge. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And the opposite is true when Batman has faced people that he need armor for.

I don't quite get this statement, or what you meant by it. confused

The fact is Ironman's armor is greater than most of Batman's gadgets why because unlike Batman who has to specifically prep his weapon beforehand to fight herald level characters Tony's armor can do it on the fly. He may not win but by god he can take it to the likes of Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk for breif periods even adjusting his armor on the fly to help him more.

The "fact" is that Batman has shown that when it comes down to making technology and prepping against an opponent, he's superior to Tony.

I've never seen Tony's plans take down a team like the entire JLA before.

We all saw how his preparation went against King Thor. haermm

Plus, Batman has proven to be more intelligent than Tony when it comes to strategizing.

Batman can not say the same. He needs prep time to even dream of hoping to register with a herald.

Why does this matter? Geez, you're making it seem like these guys will be facing each other with standard gear.

1. Batman doesn't need an Iron Man suit to defeat most of his foes...

and

2. Batman's shown a lot better prep and tech skills than Tony ever has, and he's prepped against guys that make Tony look like a clown.

Newjak
Yeah... you could try to "lol" at me even though I never said any different. The reason he doesn't wear armor is because he doesn't face guys like Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Thor on a consistent basis. He faces guys like Ra's Al Guhl, Joker, Hush, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Black Mask, Bane, Lady Shiva, Deathstroke, etc...

Nobody that he would really need something like that for. Plus, Bruce loves to scrap with his bare hands and beat some ass like that.

Can't really say the same for Tony's drunken ass. haermm stick out tongue

And lol at you trying to call me on Batman knowledge. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't quite get this statement, or what you meant by it. confused

The "fact" is that Batman has shown that when it comes down to making technology and prepping against an opponent, he's superior to Tony.

I've never seen Tony's plans take down a team like the entire JLA before.

We all saw how his preparation went against King Thor. haermm

Plus, Batman has proven to be more intelligent than Tony when it comes to strategizing.

Why does this matter? Geez, you're making it seem like these guys will be facing each other with standard gear.

1. Batman doesn't need an Iron Man suit to defeat most of his foes...

and

2. Batman's shown a lot better prep and tech skills than Tony ever has, and he's prepped against guys that make Tony look like a clown. I'm not calling you on Batman knowledge I said exactly what I meant
Ironman's suit>than Batman's standard gear and vehicles which isn't debatable.

The point of that statement was that you said Batman doesn't face people he needed armor for and then I said but then again there have been people he has.

Then again unlike DC most Marvel top-tiers don't have a readily exploitable weakness like oh K-Nite to help him out. The fact is if someone like Superman didn't have any K-Nite weakness or Red-Sun weakness Batman would be up the creek without a paddle. You can't say the same for Tony because his armor always gives him that chance.

By the way its is seriously debatable that Batman has ever come up with tech close to Tony. The best you have is when he creates devices that are designed to take on specific weaknesses or when he has advanced Alien tech to work with. Nothing about his tech screams oh look I can create overtly powerful tech like Tony does.
for Ironman suits.

Oh and as for King Thor this is the same King Thor that beat both Thing and Hulk with one arm and melted Logan's skeleton right and I don't even think he was in possession of the full Odinpower at the time right. Seriously Batman could spend years working with every tech he has and he would get fried within the first few seconds with King Thor. I can't believe your even trying to bring that is as a low point for Tony's prep laughing

And once again I never said Batman wasn't the better prep guy but seriously when it comes to tech Tony is better. He cna use human technology to create things that can battle Heralds with no weaknesses unlike Batman who has to exploit weaknesses or his tech may as well be cannon fodder.

batdude123
I'm not calling you on Batman knowledge I said exactly what I meant
Ironman's suit>than Batman's standard gear and vehicles which isn't debatable.

Correct Newjak, it is not debatable. I wasn't debating that point anyways. ermmhappy

The point of that statement was that you said Batman doesn't face people he needed armor for and then I said but then again there have been people he has.

He also likes the human approach to pursing villains.

Batman has recently stalemated Karate Kid.

Anybody who can throw down with Val on equal footing doesn't need armor like Tony's. big grin

Then again unlike DC most Marvel top-tiers don't have a readily exploitable weakness like oh K-Nite to help him out. The fact is if someone like Superman didn't have any K-Nite weakness or Red-Sun weakness Batman would be up the creek without a paddle. You can't say the same for Tony because his armor always gives him that chance.

I didn't realize Kyle, Wally, or Aquaman have specific weaknesses to be exploited. His plans have beaten these guys' asses before no problem. Finding efficient ways to take them down does not equate to Batman exploiting noticeable weaknesses they have.

And why would you use a one in a hundred character Batman prepares against in Superman? What, you think that's the only uber person Bats has prepared against and won? laughing out loud

Have you read Tower of Babel? His plan for Superman wasn't just to get a hunk of kryptonite and smack him with it.

He developed his own kind of synthetic kryptonite and Ra's Al Guhl used it on Superman which super charged Clark up to the point where he was about to explode and made his skin transparent.

By the way its is seriously debatable that Batman has ever come up with tech close to Tony. The best you have is when he creates devices that are designed to take on specific weaknesses or when he has advanced Alien tech to work with. Nothing about his tech screams oh look I can create overtly powerful tech like Tony does.
for Ironman suits.

Advanced alien weaponry? He's used alien technology a handful of times, and for the most part develops his own technology and weaponry.

It's really easy to write off Batman's credit for technology without actually reading JLA comics.

And a crap load of stuff he develops screams herald level busting power, considering it already has.

Oh and as for King Thor this is the same King Thor that beat both Thing and Hulk with one arm and melted Logan's skeleton right and I don't even think he was in possession of the full Odinpower at the time right. Seriously Batman could spend years working with every tech he has and he would get fried within the first few seconds with King Thor. I can't believe your even trying to bring that is as a low point for Tony's prep laughing

The same King Thor that got his arm severed by Wolverine and the same King Thor that had serious trouble attempting to repair the moon?

Nothing Kyle hasn't done with ease.

Nothing he showed was "skyfather" level in power. Not by a long shot.

Tony got his ass mauled, plain and simple. His prep time amounted to shit.

I was more impressed with Classic Thor.

And once again I never said Batman wasn't the better prep guy but seriously when it comes to tech Tony is better. He cna use human technology to create things that can battle Heralds with no weaknesses unlike Batman who has to exploit weaknesses or his tech may as well be cannon fodder.

With this paragraph you make it painfully obvious that you don't read many JLA comics or Batman comics.

Technology he's built in the watchtower trump anything Tony's built.

The only thing impressive Tony builds in terms of tech is the suit.

Yeah, the suits can do decent against some top tiers, but in the end he gets thrashed like always.

Energy blasts and rocket boots can't compare to the most high tech things Bruce has built. Period.

Blair Wind
Batman stalemated KK? no expression

Why would they give KK the short end of the stick after so many years of kicking everyones butt no expression

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Batman stalemated KK? no expression

Why would they give KK the short end of the stick after so many years of kicking everyones butt no expression

Batman is known for doing crazy shit as well.

Like stunning Wonder Woman with a pressure point strike, punching out Hal (btw, you like my sig? big grin), punching out Guy, punching out John, downing Solomon Grundy with pressure point strikes, batkicking Captain Marvel and hurting him, batkicking the Spectre and making him bleed (ermm) etc.

laughing

WorldWarHulk
The same King Thor that got his arm severed by Wolverine and the same King Thor that had serious trouble attempting to repair the moon?

He only got cut by Wolves... however, his arm was still there.
After hours of fighting he had finally lost his arm...

He one-shotted Desak (fused with the Destroyer armour), he had quite a few good feats, but when he was fighting heroes, that's when he got f*cked up in the writing.

Newjak

I didn't realize Kyle, Wally, or Aquaman have specific weaknesses to be exploited. His plans have beaten these guys' asses before no problem. Finding efficient ways to take them down does not equate to Batman exploiting noticeable weaknesses they have.

And why would you use a one in a hundred character Batman prepares against in Superman? What, you think that's the only uber person Bats has prepared against and won? laughing out loud

Have you read Tower of Babel? His plan for Superman wasn't just to get a hunk of kryptonite and smack him with it.

He developed his own kind of synthetic kryptonite and Ra's Al Guhl used it on Superman which super charged Clark up to the point where he was about to explode and made his skin transparent.

Advanced alien weaponry? He's used alien technology a handful of times, and for the most part develops his own technology and weaponry.

It's really easy to write off Batman's credit for technology without actually reading JLA comics.

And a crap load of stuff he develops screams herald level busting power, considering it already has.

With this paragraph you make it painfully obvious that you don't read many JLA comics or Batman comics.

Technology he's built in the watchtower trump anything Tony's built.

The only thing impressive Tony builds in terms of tech is the suit.

Yeah, the suits can do decent against some top tiers, but in the end he gets thrashed like always.

Energy blasts and rocket boots can't compare to the most high tech things Bruce has built. Period. For one thing Aquaman isn't herald level in power maybe his TP maybe bit not anything else. Tony with without TP takes quite a majority from good old water man.
And as for Kyle and Wally yes they all have exploitable weaknesses Batman can use again them. Flash has to have solid footing a Green Lantern Ring requires concentration to use. MM had the fire weakness.

You see where I'm getting at.

Batman used years of being around these people to study every flaw with their power and then exploit. Just because they didn't have K-Nite weakness doesn't mean there weren't easy ways for Bruce to stop their powers. The same thing can't be said for Sentry, Thor, or Silver Surfer.

Basically all Tower of Babel did was showcase just how good Batman was at picking apart his own team.

And I would say Ironman's shields and absorption abilities for his Armor put his tech above Batman.

Bentley
Batman has stated that if Clark went all out no amount of prep would save his life. This is a high top tier with several obvious weakness, Thor has not that kind of weakness at all, Batman would be in big trouble.

By the way, it is my opinion that powers of creation and destruction come earlier in the power scale at DC comics than at Marvel. Take Dr. Strange for example, he has never showed the ability to create life, but sky fathers in DC can create above top tiers with their powers without much trouble. Which brings me to a skyfather like Thor having trouble fixing the moon, in Marvel that kind of stuff just seems harder to do.

Newjak
Batman has stated that if Clark went all out no amount of prep would save his life. This is a high top tier with several obvious weakness, Thor has not that kind of weakness at all, Batman would be in big trouble.

By the way, it is my opinion that powers of creation and destruction come earlier in the power scale at DC comics than at Marvel. Take Dr. Strange for example, he has never showed the ability to create life, but sky fathers in DC can create above top tiers with their powers without much trouble. Which brings me to a skyfather like Thor having trouble fixing the moon, in Marvel that kind of stuff just seems harder to do. Meh with King Thor you've got to understand that he was still pretty new to the Odinpower. Either way though it was just a bad feat for King Thor and he did have good ones.

Bentley
True, yet I stick to my argument for other threads.

batdude123
For one thing Aquaman isn't herald level in power maybe his TP maybe bit not anything else. Tony with without TP takes quite a majority from good old water man.
And as for Kyle and Wally yes they all have exploitable weaknesses Batman can use again them. Flash has to have solid footing a Green Lantern Ring requires concentration to use. MM had the fire weakness.

You see where I'm getting at.

Batman used years of being around these people to study every flaw with their power and then exploit. Just because they didn't have K-Nite weakness doesn't mean there weren't easy ways for Bruce to stop their powers. The same thing can't be said for Sentry, Thor, or Silver Surfer.

Basically all Tower of Babel did was showcase just how good Batman was at picking apart his own team.

And I would say Ironman's shields and absorption abilities for his Armor put his tech above Batman.

Who cares if Aquaman is herald level or not? Batman took him out and he doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses at all. Iron Man gets pwned by people lower than herald levellers all the time so why does this even matter? Arthur is close enough to that level making it relevant.

Batman's plan wasn't to get Wally off of solid ground, and anyway that's not a weakness. He's been shown to run in space numerous times.

Actually, Sentry DOES have a weakness in that he is extremely mentally unstable.

I'm sorry, but creating nanites that bond with skin molecules and transmute trace elements into magnesium thus bursting into flames, creating trans-dimensional teleportation devices, creating a vibratory projectile that gave Flash light speed epileptic seizures, creating a virtual reality nanite that made Wonder Woman believe she was fighting someone equal to her in every way, outthinking an alien computer in minutes, etc.>>>>>energy absorption and shields. erm

Newjak
Who cares if Aquaman is herald level or not? Batman took him out and he doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses at all. Iron Man gets pwned by people lower than herald levellers all the time so why does this even matter? Arthur is close enough to that level making it relevant.

Batman's plan wasn't to get Wally off of solid ground, and anyway that's not a weakness. He's been shown to run in space numerous times.

Actually, Sentry DOES have a weakness in that he is extremely mentally unstable.

I'm sorry, but creating nanites that bond with skin molecules and transmute trace elements into magnesium thus bursting into flames, creating trans-dimensional teleportation devices, creating a vibratory projectile that gave Flash light speed epileptic seizures, creating a virtual reality nanite that made Wonder Woman believe she was fighting someone equal to her in every way, outthinking an alien computer in minutes, etc.>>>>>energy absorption and shields. erm And Ironman would take him out Aquaman as well without prep stick out tongue

And didn't Ironman actually use that weakness and get the win even without prep because his tech was so good he could hack CLOC and overload Sentry stick out tongue

Shields and Energy absorption that can take Herald blows >>>>>>>than everything you just mentioned stick out tongue

batdude123
And Ironman would take him out Aquaman as well without prep stick out tongue

And didn't Ironman actually use that weakness and get the win even without prep because his tech was so good he could hack CLOC and overload Sentry stick out tongue

Shields and Energy absorption that can take Herald blows >>>>>>>than everything you just mentioned stick out tongue

Mind rape ftw. 313

Yes. Iron Man was getting absolutely raped in a straight up fight though.

That's more a test to durability than anything. Really though, his suit is primitive compared to some of the tech Batman has built. Tony has done well against some herald levellers. But he's usually smashed against them. And Batman actually takes herald levellers out with his bare hands. Just look at my sig. stick out tongue

Batman's tech>>>>Tony's.

Newjak
Mind rape ftw. 313

Yes. Iron Man was getting absolutely raped in a straight up fight though.

That's more a test to durability than anything. Really though, his suit is primitive compared to some of the tech Batman has built. Batman has built more high tech stuff than Stark has. Repulser blasts to the face for the win stick out tongue

But his armor was taking the blows wasn't it.

How can you say his suit is primitive to Batman when the shields he has created can take straight on blows from heralds. That shows just how much power his suits have. erm

batdude123
Repulser blasts to the face for the win stick out tongue

But his armor was taking the blows wasn't it.

How can you say his suit is primitive to Batman when the shields he has created can take straight on blows from heralds. That shows just how much power his suits have. erm

Arthur thinks faster, so therefore he gets the first move. Mind rapage for the win. smart

I specifically remember him being KO'd after one shot from Sentry.

Strong shields do not equate to his equipment being more advanced in technology. Batman's armored suit has taken shots from Superman, J'onn, and Wonder Woman before and Bats was OK afterwards. That doesn't attest to his technology though.

Like I said before, Batman has shown a broader range and a more impressive technological base than Tony has.

Tony has a suit... Batman has also built a heavily tricked out tech suit (that he normally doesn't wear) and SO much more.

Batman wins this fight, and his tech is better.

Newjak
Arthur thinks faster, so therefore he gets the first move. Mind rapage for the win. smart

I specifically remember him being KO'd after one shot from Sentry.

Strong shields do not equate to his equipment being more advanced in technology. Batman's armored suit has taken shots from Superman, J'onn, and Wonder Woman before and Bats was OK afterwards. That doesn't attest to his technology though.

Like I said before, Batman has shown a broader range and a more impressive technological base than Tony has.

Tony has a suit... Batman has also built a heavily tricked out tech suit (that he normally doesn't wear) and SO much more.

Batman wins this fight, and his tech is better. Tony has made Energy Blades, Energy Shields, and just for Tony had space fligh shuttles 8 years before the first shuttle went up.

Back when Batman still had the Batcopter in the TV show stick out tongue

I would say Tony's power source is technologically superior to almost anything Batman has created when you think about how much power it has to produce.

Symmetric Chaos
Batman wins this fight, and his tech is better.

confused

Batman has better tech than Tony.
Tony has Batman's tech.

How can Tony lose?

Newjak
Oh and I guess that Tony has also developed a Neutron Cannon that could destroy most organic life on Earth.

Or maybe that was Andros Stark although I think it was Andros and Doom trying to take over Tony's weapon.

WorldWarHulk
confused

Tony has Batman's tech.

How can Tony lose? Sizzle!

batdude123
Tony has made Energy Blades, Energy Shields, and just for Tony had space fligh shuttles 8 years before the first shuttle went up.

Back when Batman still had the Batcopter in the TV show stick out tongue

Adam West is God. no expression

I would say Tony's power source is technologically superior to almost anything Batman has created when you think about how much power it has to produce.

I'm not saying Tony's technology isn't impressive, however Batman has shown more diverse and advanced weaponry than Stark has.

And the calibre of opponents Batman has beaten with said tech is>>>Stark's opponents.

batdude123
confused

Tony has Batman's tech.

How can Tony lose?

You're forgetting the extra month of prep they each get. That's plenty of time for Bats to develope other high tech equipment.

Also, people don't seem to realize that Tony doesn't get his suit for this fight either.

WorldWarHulk
Son of a b*tch...
Cro Cop ate a massive kick, and dropped...
I think he broke his ankle when he dropped...

batdude123
Oh and I guess that Tony has also developed a Neutron Cannon that could destroy most organic life on Earth.

Or maybe that was Andros Stark although I think it was Andros and Doom trying to take over Tony's weapon.

How do you mean? Like a gigantic blast, or a blast that can destroy any organic matter that gets in the line of fire?

Newjak
Adam West is God. no expression

I'm not saying Tony's technology isn't impressive, however Batman has shown more diverse and advanced weaponry than Stark has.

And the calibre of opponents Batman has beaten with said tech is>>>Stark's opponents. Batman's tech with years prep work designed to take on exact weaknesses of opponents. Is what you keep forgetting. You honestly think that Ironman could build half the stuff you just said about Batman or in some ways hasn't.

All I'm gonna say is he has punked Namor with his suit and he has Magnetic Replusers. Seriously Tony's suit has so many gizmos it isn't funny.

Innerhype
You're forgetting the extra month of prep they each get. That's plenty of time for Bats to develope other high tech equipment.

Also, people don't seem to realize that Tony doesn't get his suit for this fight either.

Well, it wasn't really said that Tony gets his armor or not but if you think about it, thats most likely is what Batman is going to be dealing with.

With Batman's resources Tony could easily recreate his current armor with upgrades on top of that most likely.

batdude123
Batman's tech with years prep work designed to take on exact weaknesses of opponents. Is what you keep forgetting. You honestly think that Ironman could build half the stuff you just said about Batman or in some ways hasn't.

All I'm gonna say is he has punked Namor with his suit and he has Magnetic Replusers. Seriously Tony's suit has so many gizmos it isn't funny.

Where the hell did you get "years" of prep from? He designed those failsafes for the whole league in a couple months.

And why are you basing Batman's prep time throughout his entire career on Tower of Babel? Most of the times, he doesn't attack specific weaknesses. He just builds technology tough enough to take down opponents. I never realized creating a trans-dimensional teleportation device was using a weakness against a villain. confused

And he never spends "years" prepping against opponents. Ever. That assumption has about as much worth as me saying Tony can't fire energy blasts. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, and yes I seriously doubt Tony could replicate what Batman designed in Tower of Babel.

Newjak
Where the hell did you get "years" of prep from? He designed those failsafes for the whole league in a couple months.

And why are you basing Batman's prep time throughout his entire career on Tower of Babel? Most of the times, he doesn't attack specific weaknesses. He just builds technology tough enough to take down opponents. I never realized creating a trans-dimensional teleportation device was using a weakness against a villain. confused

And he never spends "years" prepping against opponents. Ever. That assumption has about as much worth as me saying Tony can't fire energy blasts. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, and yes I seriously doubt Tony could replicate what Batman designed in Tower of Babel. I was basing Batman's arc off of Tower of Babel because didn't you say that was like his shining moment for tech.

And yes I do believe anything Batman has built Tony could as well. stick out tongue

WorldWarHulk
And yes I do believe anything Batman has built Tony could as well. stick out tongue A suit built to withstand Darkseid's assault...
Go for it.

His best suit, was him getting raped against an inexperienced King Thor.

Innerhype

Oh, and yes I seriously doubt Tony could replicate what Batman designed in Tower of Babel.

Placed in Bruce's shoes, Tony would do the exact same thing If your talking about how Batman can basically defeat any member of the JLA. Iron Man stated he has contingency plans against any Avenger.

Also when it comes to technology, there is nearly nothing out of Tony Stark's reach: Time travel, matter transportation, light-speed interplanetary travel.... you can check out alot of the cool ones here.

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/starkinventions.html

Soljer
Originally posted by Innerhype
Placed in Bruce's shoes, Tony would do the exact same thing If your talking about how Batman can basically defeat any member of the JLA. Iron Man stated he has contingency plans against any Avenger.

Also when it comes to technology, there is nearly nothing out of Tony Stark's reach: Time travel, matter transportation, light-speed interplanetary travel.... you can check out alot of the cool ones here.

That list is pretty impressive.

What would be a LOT more impressive is scans to go along with each claim, though I don't really doubt them.

Superherovandal
During that storyline he might have years with Supes and maybe WW. but not anyone else. That JL incarnation definitely did not have years worth of adventures yet maybe months but not years.

Superherovandal
didn't Batman help develop the watchtower and some of its tech.

batdude123

Bullshit.

First of all, JLA>>>Avengers.

Second of all, when he "preps" against somebody, it involves him creating a different suit to combat them.

Third of all, when has Tony said he has contingency plans for the Avengers? Have any proof of this statement? I'm asking this because not only have I not read it anywhere, but he's never demonstrated this notion that you're wanting me to believe.

His prep time was GREAT against an inexperienced King Thor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also when it comes to technology, there is nearly nothing out of Tony Stark's reach: Time travel, matter transportation, light-speed interplanetary travel

Again... bullshit. I'd LOVE to see any proof of him doing this stuff you've listed here.

you can check out alot of the cool ones here.

In essence, those are just dolled up ways of saying he has energy blasts, machine guns, rockets, and high tech transportation vehicles. erm

Validus
ZOMG! Jet powered roller skates! Batman is really screwed now.... haermm

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
ZOMG! Jet powered roller skates! Batman is really screwed now.... haermm

Actually, this is what convinced me that Stark is above Bruce when it comes to prep and tech:

"Micro-dryer, can dry hair in seconds"

haermm

Innerhype

Second of all, when he "preps" against somebody, it involves him creating a different suit to combat them.

Not always, like during the old Hands of the Mandarin arc. Tony was forced to kill Mandarin by coating his armor with a techno-organic virus that when touched, ages you exponentially. Poor Mandy was a pile of bones in what seemed like a few minutes.

Third of all, when has Tony said he has contingency plans for the Avengers? Have any proof of this statement? I'm asking this because not only have I not read it anywhere, but he's never demonstrated this notion that you're wanting me to believe.

During Contest of Champion #2, Rogue who absorbed Scarlet Witches power shoots hexes at I.M. they bounce harmlessly and Tony says something along the lines of how his armor could take on the Avengers if need be.

And during Iron Man The Crossing, Tony combated the entire roster of the Avengers taking out several using his cunning, his power, and his ruthlessness
His prep time was GREAT against an inexperienced King Thor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That wasn't really prep time, though the "Thorbuster" could be more than a match for the normal Thor... an odinpower'd one not so much. Good fight nonetheless however.

batdude123
Not always, like during the old Hands of the Mandarin arc. Tony was forced to kill Mandarin by coating his armor with a techno-organic virus that when touched, ages you exponentially. Poor Mandy was a pile of bones in what seemed like a few minutes.

That's good... however, Norman Osbourne has basically done the same thing. erm

Not really the most impressive prepping strategy I've seen done by someone.

During Contest of Champion #2, Rogue who absorbed Scarlet Witches power shoots hexes at I.M. they bounce harmlessly and Tony says something along the lines of how his armor could take on the Avengers if need be.

And during Iron Man The Crossing, Tony combated the entire roster of the Avengers taking out several using his cunning, his power, and his ruthlessness

And you call this having contingency plans for the entire roster of the Avengers? confused

For your first point, merely saying he could take on the Avengers and actually doing it is entirely different. Talk is cheap. I could just as easily say that I would beat the shit out of Chuck Liddell in a fight. Could I actually do it? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL no.

And for your second point... what exactly was the line up of Avengers he was fighting? He's been punked by Thor in every encounter they've ever had, btw. And I really don't see how this attests to his skill of prepping.

That wasn't really prep time, though the "Thorbuster" could be more than a match for the normal Thor... an odinpower'd one not so much. Good fight nonetheless however.

King Thor was less impressive than Classic Thor, actually.

And you're nuts if you think the Thorbuster armor could take Classic Odinson.

Innerhype

For your first point, merely saying he could take on the Avengers and actually doing it is entirely different. Talk is cheap. I could just as easily say that I would beat the shit out of Chuck Liddell in a fight. Could I actually do it? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL no.
Odinson.

Talk IS cheap, but this is Tony Stark doing the talking. In comparison, if Batman were to stare you in the eye say he could do something, even totally far-fetched, one better believe he could do it.

And for your second point... what exactly was the line up of Avengers he was fighting?

Hmm, late 90s... some of the notable ones include Hercules, Crystal, Quicksilver, and Vison. Force Works was working with the Avengers at the time as well.

He's been punked by Thor in every encounter they've ever had, btw. And I really don't see how this attests to his skill of prepping.

With the Iron Man armor, Tony doesn't really need to prep all that much outside of a specialty armor. Using the armor in completely unorthodox ways on the fly is what Tony normally does, IMO thats more interresting.

And what do you mean EVERY encounter?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r37/Innerhype/vsthor1j8lo.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r37/Innerhype/irnmnthor2.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.