Is "A Nightmare on Elm Street 2" really that gay-themed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ConalCochran
I just need your opinions on weither it's the "Brokeback Mountain" of slasher movies or not like a few people said.

steverules
I still don't understand how it's gay themed

deathbycorn
It's not gay themed it's nerd themed.

The lead wasn't gay, he was a nerd.

steverules
Yer he was come to think of it

LaHaine
don't u remember how he screamed?
of course it's gay

Adam_PoE
Film commentators often remark on the film's perceived homoerotic theme. Some people have argued that a subtext exists about Jesse's repressed homosexuality, and they point out the encounter that he has with his gym teacher in a leather bar, and his flight to a hunky male friend's house in the midst of his ostensible girlfriend's pool party. For this part, Director Jack Sholder claims that he never intended for there to be a gay subtext to the film, but has subsequently admitted that he does see it in the film, according to the "Nightmare Encyclopedia" included on the DVD box set. Mark Patton, the actor who portrays Jesse, is in fact gay.

vintageSW77
yup its all there

Deano
Originally posted by deathbycorn
It's not gay themed it's nerd themed.

The lead wasn't gay, he was a nerd.

exactly

no one would be saying its lesbian themed if a female was the lead

MildPossession
Adam Poe - Wikipedia is a source of information... smile

It didn't come into my mind when I was watching it.

vintageSW77
A movie theorists once said that Alien was a film about sex what with the female being chased through corridors by a phalic alien
if that same guy watched Freddies Revenge hed have a field day
its totally homo

Lord Shadow Z
I didn't find it gay at all, the guy was just a loner who by the way had a female love interest. The only reason he pushes her off when she comes on to him is because he is kinda being haunted by a psychotic killer who's using him to kill people in the real world.

Just a case of reading too much into things...

Wolfie
It's been discussed before.

One reason I would call it "wussy" themed more 'cause the main character is a guy, rather than a girl, which is more typical in slasher movies.

Scenes such as the shower scene where the coach was spanked with a wet towel and when Jesse sneaks into Grady's bedroom when Grady is just in his tightie-whities imply the "gay theme" to the film.

Deano
the only thing that was gay was the coach. and freddy used that. like he killed taryn with needles and the guy who was a puppet.

' you like kinky stuff ay? well have this towel whipped at your ass'

it can be interpreted as gay but i think it was freddy being creative. smile

jesse went to gradys house because he was scared and didnt want to hurt lisa. thats all it meant man. nothing more.

Zilverz
if the director himself said that was not the intent ... why there is still debate i am not certain ..

sorry not trying to thread crap

LaHaine
post removed

Wolfie
Originally posted by Deano
the only thing that was gay was the coach. and freddy used that. like he killed taryn with needles and the guy who was a puppet.

' you like kinky stuff ay? well have this towel whipped at your ass'

it can be interpreted as gay but i think it was freddy being creative. smile

jesse went to gradys house because he was scared and didnt want to hurt lisa. thats all it meant man. nothing more.
Yes, it is all it meant. But it was mentioned as part of the gay style.

It can be gay-themed and the characters don't have to be gay.

vintageSW77
newsflash

ive loaned it to my sisters gay pal
its not exactly a scientific experiment but ill tell all upon his returning of the dvd

LaHaine
**** all u ****

LaHaine
ban me

IM_HALF_DEAD06
PRISON RAPE!!!!!!!!NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET RAPE!!!!!!!!!

BackFire
Originally posted by LaHaine
ban me

k

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.