Final Box Office Predection!!!! After The Reviews!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32293

on the link above you can check out a couple of reviews people have left who have gotten a chance to see the movie. Apperantly they love it. SO i am thinking how much money is this thing going to make???
i am thinking 150 million opening weekend, and about 430 million domestic... who else thinks that way?

on t

sithsaber408
105 mil opening weekend, 375 mil total domestic.

ragesRemorse
im thinkin more like 175 openning week and 320 total in the states. Pirates will steal most of its momentum, just as spiderman will take most of pirates momentum.

Im sure critics will be on their knees or spiderman

Altar[1stONE]
$1

LORDSIDIOUS01
$120-$160 million opening weekend. $475 domestic. $875 million worldwide.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
$120-$160 million opening weekend. $475 domestic. $875 million worldwide.

This sounds closer to being true. wink

crickey77
Yeah, there seem to be lots of positive reviews out there -- glad to see that it is getting rave reviews but not surprised smile I am looking forward to seeing this next weekend. No doubt it will be a huge success

IheartPocky
hmmm maybe 130 mil opening weekend.. maybe 120 mil

all together.. 400-420 mil? smile

doctorstrongbad
It made 148 million on the opening weekend.

shugie99
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
It made 148 million on the opening weekend.

Heck yeah it did, It smashed it this weekend

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by shugie99
Heck yeah it did, It smashed it this weekend

Its true, Its damn true.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Vladimir
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32293

on the link above you can check out a couple of reviews people have left who have gotten a chance to see the movie. Apperantly they love it. SO i am thinking how much money is this thing going to make???
i am thinking 150 million opening weekend, and about 430 million domestic... who else thinks that way?

on t

You were right on the money for opening weekend.

While I was very, very wrong.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I was right. hehehehe. Spidey is gonna make a ton of money.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by crickey77
Yeah, there seem to be lots of positive reviews out there -- glad to see that it is getting rave reviews but not surprised smile I am looking forward to seeing this next weekend. No doubt it will be a huge success

Unlike the previous two films, there are more negative reviews in this movie. It wont make as much as either i dont believe. I know it seems impossible, but i predict a 50% drop off for this flick going into the second week

xmarksthespot
Actuals put opening weekend at $151.1 million. A 50% BO drop, like SM2, is probably on the optimistic side, but not unreasonable. There isn't much to compete with in the coming week and critical acclaim or panning doesn't necessarily spell a strong or week holdover. XM3 which had generally negative reviews fell ~65%, while Superman Returns, which critics generally liked fell a similar ~60% in its second week.

Vladimir
i didnt like the movie as much, but i am seeing it again just to give it another chance

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Unlike the previous two films, there are more negative reviews in this movie. It wont make as much as either i dont believe. I know it seems impossible, but i predict a 50% drop off for this flick going into the second week

Someone said "We don't make movies for critics". That is so very true. Irregardless of what critics say, even if Spidey has a 50% drop off, having a $70 million dollar second week is fantasmagorical. Besides that would put Spidey at, if not more than $250 milllion in the US alone.

the_satan32
The film also set a new worldwide record for opening weekend, with a final total of $382 million.

coolmovies
its made $621,666,000 in 10 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

Mr Parker
yeah that sucks.that means we are assured of more man-spider movies. mad

the_satan32
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah that sucks.that means we are assured of more man-spider movies. mad

What's your problem? If you don't like them then don't watch them.

Arctic
He has a serious organic webbing complex. I wouldn't talk to him if I were you, he could be mentally unstable.

Ultimate Hulk43
It'll probably make over 900 million before it's taken out of theaters.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
As of this date. Close to $850 million worldwide. Another week or two then $900 million worldwide.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, Spider-Man 3 will slowly fade out of the top 10 in the coming weeks & will ease up to 900 million. Hell, SM-3 has already beaten both SM-1 & SM-2's records at the Box Office. If I were Raimi, I'd definitely be trying to make another movie.

Mr Parker
uh get your facts straight.MAN-SPIDER 3 hasnt even come close to making the same box office records that the first two did.MAN-SPIDER 1 made a little over 400 at the box office,MAN-SPIDER 2 made 375 million at the box office where MAN-SPIDER 3 has only made 325 million at the box office and has pretty much lost all its steam now so that looks like it will be the final result.Not anywhere even close to resutls of the first two films.yahoo!!! Happy Dance This is a sign that Man-spider 4 will really bomb at the box office and be the last man-spider movie. Happy Dance

Mr Parker
actually I take that back about my earlier post.my mistake and my apologys.Yeah if your talking about WORLDWIDE gross then yeah your correct it has made more then the first two films.But domestic wise,as I just said,it hasnt even come close to making the amount the first two films grossed and thats the only important figure that matters as far as sequals go is how much money they do DOMESTIC wise in the states.I guarantee you if MAN-SPIDER 4 doesnt do any better box office wise in the states when it comes out a few years from now than MAN-SPIDER 3 has done,it wont matter if it makes more money than the first 3 worldwide,they wont make another one because thats the only important figure that movie companys go by when making sequals is how much money it grossed box office wise "domestically" in the states.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
uh get your facts straight.MAN-SPIDER 3 hasnt even come close to making the same box office records that the first two did.MAN-SPIDER 1 made a little over 400 at the box office,MAN-SPIDER 2 made 375 million at the box office where MAN-SPIDER 3 has only made 325 million at the box office and has pretty much lost all its steam now so that looks like it will be the final result.Not anywhere even close to resutls of the first two films.yahoo!!! Happy Dance This is a sign that Man-spider 4 will really bomb at the box office and be the last man-spider movie. Happy Dance

Actually Spiderman 3 is close to making $900 million dollars worldwide. There will be more Spiderman movies whether people like it or not, Learn to love it.

Ultimate Hulk43
Lol, this Mr Parker guy is like the biggest idiot & troll alive. He doesn't even know the real facts when he tries to prove someone wrong.

ragesRemorse
ooh ooh i came super duper close...320 million, im the man

Yoshi Fanatic
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Lol, this Mr Parker guy is like the biggest idiot & troll alive. He doesn't even know the real facts when he tries to prove someone wrong.

Actually, I kinda admire Mr. Parker. roll eyes (sarcastic) Come on, people. Imagine how much hard work Mr. Parker had to do in order to reach such a high level of stupidity. He must be very proud of his accomplishment... laughing

Mr Parker

no your the idiot and troll.to go and engage in childish name calling proves that.typical of a MAN-SPIDER fan though.at least unlike you man-spider fans I am capable of doing the mature thing and admitting it when I am wrong like I just did.yeahthats really being an idiot.greta logic there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Actually Spiderman 3 is close to making $900 million dollars worldwide. There will be more Spiderman movies whether people like it or not, Learn to love it.

you didnt read my second post I made after that where I acknowledged I made a mistake about that.Like i said in my second post,it wont matter what it does WORLDWIDE,what the studios are concerend about it is how much money it makes DOMESTIC wise in the states.Yes there will be another sequal made but if it doesnt make a lot more money than sm3 has at the box office domestically,there wont be another one.Thats what happened with Batman when the 4th batman movie came out,Batman and Robin,it bombed so bad at the box office that they stopped making sequals.As i said on another thread,sm 3 took a HUGE dive at the box office in its second weekend that was far much worse than the previous two films before it which only had MINIMUL dropoffs.Yes they will make another sequal but again,if it doesnt make a lot more money than sm3 did at the box office and continues to nosedive at the box office with mediocre numbers,they wont make another one after the 4th one.sm3 had a huge opening weekend because most people agreed that the second film was much better than the first film and were excited to see the third film.Most people who liked the first two films didnt like sm 3 so thats a huge negative for the next film for its opening weekend which has always been the key to the films success is its opening weekend.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
you didnt read my second post I made after that where I acknowledged I made a mistake about that.Like i said in my second post,it wont matter what it does WORLDWIDE,what the studios are concerend about it is how much money it makes DOMESTIC wise in the states.Yes there will be another sequal made but if it doesnt make a lot more money than sm3 has at the box office domestically,there wont be another one.Thats what happened with Batman when the 4th batman movie came out,Batman and Robin,it bombed so bad at the box office that they stopped making sequals.As i said on another thread,sm 3 took a HUGE dive at the box office in its second weekend that was far much worse than the previous two films before it which only had MINIMUL dropoffs.Yes they will make another sequal but again,if it doesnt make a lot more money than sm3 did at the box office and continues to nosedive at the box office with mediocre numbers,they wont make another one after the 4th one.sm3 had a huge opening weekend because most people agreed that the second film was much better than the first film and were excited to see the third film.Most people who liked the first two films didnt like sm 3 so thats a huge negative for the next film for its opening weekend which has always been the key to the films success is its opening weekend.

Studiios are very concerned what movies do overseas. That is why they release them day and date, which means movies are released both here in the US and overseas. Again Spidey 3 has made close to $900 million worldwide. It will most likely past $900 million worldwide in about a week or two. Spiderman 4 thru whatever will happen, whether you or anybody is happy about it. These movies make a lot of money, Sony is live off of Spiderman for 1 humndred years if it has to.

amity75
I have a lot of time for Mr Parker, he certainly sticks to his guns and has more passion for his subject than most people on KMC. Whether that's healthy or not I don't know but we all need a passion in life.

Arctic
Mr. Parker, the movie was very successful in the box office. Plans have already been made for a fourth movie, and I don't like your unnatural obsession with spiderman and his Organic webs. Seriously you need to calm down with the spiderman hatred, its unnatural.

Arachnid1
Mr. Parker is ok.

Ps. You two should look at the post under that one. He corrected himself and even appologized before you guys said somthing. He also knows his facts very well. He just wasn't talking about worldwide.

Arachnid1

And it already looks like he corrested that before I posted.

Yoshi Fanatic
I still don't get why Mr. Parker is still active in the Spiderman forums. The guy constantly whine and complain about the use of organics and "Man-Spider" as if he has nothing else to do with his life. Can somebody please explain to me why someone who hates Spiderman so much would participate in a discussion about Spiderman? confused

Mr Parker
Studiios are very concerned what movies do overseas. That is why they release them day and date, which means movies are released both here in the US and overseas. Again Spidey 3 has made close to $900 million worldwide. It will most likely past $900 million worldwide in about a week or two. Spiderman 4 thru whatever will happen, whether you or anybody is happy about it. These movies make a lot of money, Sony is live off of Spiderman for 1 humndred years if it has to.

okay your not listening or paying attention here. I already said so that yes there will indeed be a spider-man 4 movie made.Never said there wouldnt be.However,AGAIN because fans didnt take to this movie like they did the first two films domestically in the states,if SM 4 doesnt do MUCH better at the box office domestically than sm3 did when it comes out and it continues to nosedive box office wise in the states like sm 3 did,they will stop with sm 4 and wont make another one after that.AGAIN listen to what I am saying.YES I know there will be another spiderman sequal with SM4 but SM4 will have to perform much better at the box office here in the states than SM3 did or they wont make another sequal after that.thats how hollywood operates and always has.If a movie is great box office wise worldwide overseas,that makes the studios feel good of course but what always drives them to continue to make sequals is how well the films perform box office wise domestically in the states.If they bomb box office wise in the states it DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THEY DO WORLDWIDE,they wont make another one if the sequals continue to take a huge nosedive at the box office in the states.thats their number one concern.always has been.Not saying that SM4 wont perform great at the box office,just that unlike the first 3 films,it has a huge negative going for it on opening weekend because of two factors,SM2 is clearly the best one that has been made so far which was why their was a minimul dropoff at the box office from sm1,no 2,unlike sm 3,people wont be excited and anxious to see sm4 on opening weekend like they were with the first 3 films because SM 2 had great word of mouth and sm 3 lived benefited from sm 2's success at the box office for its opening weekend perfromance.most people who enjoyed the first two films were excited about the thrid film because of that.They wont be very excited the next time around for SM 4 like they were with sm 3 because most fans were dissapointed with sm 3,which was the ONLY reason sm 3 made so much money at the box ofice was its opening day weekend.AGAIN opening day weekend has always been the key to their success here in the states.They probably wont have that this time because of the negative word of mouth about sm 3.any of this registering with you yet? big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Arctic
Mr. Parker, the movie was very successful in the box office. Plans have already been made for a fourth movie, and I don't like your unnatural obsession with spiderman and his Organic webs. Seriously you need to calm down with the spiderman hatred, its unnatural.

ha ha,what stupid logic that is. laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing you and everybod else is just as much obsessed with these movies as I am to be here posting about these movies that were started up 5 ago. laughing to YOUR hilarious logic,people shouldnt go to the james bond section to talk about james bond movies they dont like when thats exactly what this forum is for,same with the spiderman forum dude..you kill me with your logic. laughing typical logic of a man-spider fan.

Arctic
Um...I don't even feel like reading the above post. It looks like a jumble of smiles and text to me...You just wasted your time posting that. Congratulations.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
I still don't get why Mr. Parker is still active in the Spiderman forums. The guy constantly whine and complain about the use of organics and "Man-Spider" as if he has nothing else to do with his life. Can somebody please explain to me why someone who hates Spiderman so much would participate in a discussion about Spiderman? confused

He likes spiderman. Just not the movies. Its all up tp opinion.

Mr Parker
Thank you Arachnid.These MAN-SPIDER fans dont understand that I love the character of spider-man. the one the Stan Lee created,not this phony neautered man-spider version.I want to see the character of SPIDER-MAN on the screen,not this phony neautered man-spider version.according to THEIR logic I shouldnt b!tch if they gave him 8 arms in the movies,that I should be happy about it.same logic no difference.their BOTH cases os bastardizing the character.Like I said,according to HIS logic,people who hate certain James Bond movies but like James Bond shouldnt go to the james bond section and say so.typical man-spider logic. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Thank you Arachnid.These MAN-SPIDER fans dont understand that I love the character of spider-man. the one the Stan Lee created,not this phony neautered man-spider version.I want to see the character of SPIDER-MAN on the screen,not this phony neautered man-spider version.according to THEIR logic I shouldnt b!tch if they gave him 8 arms in the movies,that I should be happy about it.same logic no difference.their BOTH cases os bastardizing the character.Like I said,according to HIS logic,people who hate certain James Bond movies but like James Bond shouldnt go to the james bond section and say so.typical man-spider logic. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spiderman has been on the screen for three highly successful films. A fourth one is on the way. There is no such film called Man Spider.

Arachnid1
Spiderman has been on the screen for three highly successful films. A fourth one is on the way. There is no such film called Man Spider.

Actually....

stick out tongue big grin

Yoshi Fanatic

Not surprisingly, your logic is severely flawed. If you like the character, Spiderman, and not the Spiderman movies, then why would you participate in a discussion about the movies, which you hate so much?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Not surprisingly, your logic is severely flawed. If you like the character, Spiderman, and not the Spiderman movies, then why would you participate in a discussion about the movies, which you hate so much?

Co=signed

the_satan32

Agreed.

Mr Parker

okay you obviously have reading comprehension problems because you keep saying that a fourth film is on the way when I have repeatedly said that I know that a fourth film is on the way and you keep ignoring my points so this discussion is over with.oh and by the way,there really hasnt been a spiderman movie made yet even though thats what sony calls it.they just have brainwashed the majority of people into believing that by putting the name spiderman up on the screen and have an actor dress in a spiderman outfit.but the REAL character on the screen is MAN-SPIDER.organic webbing=MAN-SPIDER.chemical webbing=spider-man.there you learned something for the day.you got something to be proud about. big grin

Yoshi Fanatic
Mr. Parker, haven't you noticed by now that you're the only one in this entire Spiderman forum that complains about the use of organics in the movies?

Ultimate Hulk43
no your the idiot and troll.to go and engage in childish name calling proves that.typical of a MAN-SPIDER fan though.at least unlike you man-spider fans I am capable of doing the mature thing and admitting it when I am wrong like I just did.yeahthats really being an idiot.greta logic there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's some grade A spelling, the best I've ever seen....

Also, I'm a troll yet you complain over Peter having organic webbing & not web shooters. Yeah, I'm the troll.....

Arctic
okay you obviously have reading comprehension problems because you keep saying that a fourth film is on the way when I have repeatedly said that I know that a fourth film is on the way and you keep ignoring my points so this discussion is over with.oh and by the way,there really hasnt been a spiderman movie made yet even though thats what sony calls it.they just have brainwashed the majority of people into believing that by putting the name spiderman up on the screen and have an actor dress in a spiderman outfit.but the REAL character on the screen is MAN-SPIDER.organic webbing=MAN-SPIDER.chemical webbing=spider-man.there you learned something for the day.you got something to be proud about. big grin

What don't you get about the real character of spiderman in the comics has organic webbing now as well??? You might as well go to hating the character as well as the movies!

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Just stop crying over it. Those three film are very successful. Unless you are some sort of actor or writer, then you will be able to make your own movie. The films are called Spiderman not Man Spider. They are real movies made with real people who make real money.

Yoshi Fanatic
Don't wast your time on him, DARKLORDCAEDUS. Mr. Parker is just a little child who wants attention and loves being different. Why else would he be in a forum about something he hates so much?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
okay your not listening or paying attention here. I already said so that yes there will indeed be a spider-man 4 movie made.Never said there wouldnt be.However,AGAIN because fans didnt take to this movie like they did the first two films domestically in the states,if SM 4 doesnt do MUCH better at the box office domestically than sm3 did when it comes out and it continues to nosedive box office wise in the states like sm 3 did,they will stop with sm 4 and wont make another one after that.AGAIN listen to what I am saying.YES I know there will be another spiderman sequal with SM4 but SM4 will have to perform much better at the box office here in the states than SM3 did or they wont make another sequal after that.thats how hollywood operates and always has.If a movie is great box office wise worldwide overseas,that makes the studios feel good of course but what always drives them to continue to make sequals is how well the films perform box office wise domestically in the states.If they bomb box office wise in the states it DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THEY DO WORLDWIDE,they wont make another one if the sequals continue to take a huge nosedive at the box office in the states.thats their number one concern.always has been.Not saying that SM4 wont perform great at the box office,just that unlike the first 3 films,it has a huge negative going for it on opening weekend because of two factors,SM2 is clearly the best one that has been made so far which was why their was a minimul dropoff at the box office from sm1,no 2,unlike sm 3,people wont be excited and anxious to see sm4 on opening weekend like they were with the first 3 films because SM 2 had great word of mouth and sm 3 lived benefited from sm 2's success at the box office for its opening weekend perfromance.most people who enjoyed the first two films were excited about the thrid film because of that.They wont be very excited the next time around for SM 4 like they were with sm 3 because most fans were dissapointed with sm 3,which was the ONLY reason sm 3 made so much money at the box ofice was its opening day weekend.AGAIN opening day weekend has always been the key to their success here in the states.They probably wont have that this time because of the negative word of mouth about sm 3.any of this registering with you yet? big grin

I highly doubt Spiderman 4 will take a nosedive. Studio's like Sony care about the worldwide box office gross of a film. Not just what a film does domestically. Just because Spidey 3 isn't making as much as the first two did domestically, doesn't mean anything at all. Spiderman 3 is the biggest grossing Spiderman film ever. Not only that, Spiderman 3 is amongst some of the top films of all time. Certainly some fans were disappointed in Spiderman 3, but to keep going on and on and on about it is bordering on stupidity. Move on, Talk about something else. There are a ton of subjects on these forums and not just about Spiderman to talk about.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, **** Mr Parker, he's a dumbass.

Anyway, Spider-Man 3 isn't making money as fast as it was a few weeks ago so it probably won't reach $900 million.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Yeah, **** Mr Parker, he's a dumbass.

Anyway, Spider-Man 3 isn't making money as fast as it was a few weeks ago so it probably won't reach $900 million.

I think it might. Spidey 3 should be at $900 million in a week or two.

Ultimate Hulk43
That'll probably only happen if it stays in theaters for another week or two but it should given it's success. So, you can already say that this is the most successful superhero movie ever. And as good as it's done in theaters, you know that they are going to sell a lot of DVD's. I don't think that any other superhero movie will ever beat Spider-Man when it comes to getting money in theaters.

Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah, I agree. I doubt any superhero movie has come close to the success of Spiderman 3. I wonder how much success Spiderman 4 will have...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
That'll probably only happen if it stays in theaters for another week or two but it should given it's success. So, you can already say that this is the most successful superhero movie ever. And as good as it's done in theaters, you know that they are going to sell a lot of DVD's. I don't think that any other superhero movie will ever beat Spider-Man when it comes to getting money in theaters.

So true.

Yeah, I agree. I doubt any superhero movie has come close to the success of Spiderman 3. I wonder how much success Spiderman 4 will have...

That is true, but I think that Spiderman 4 should come close and most definitely The Dark Knight should come very close.

alucard

Ultimate Hulk43
Nah, I doubt the Dark Knight will come close to Spider-Man 3. The most it'll get is probably over $500 million worldwide. Hell, I doubt that Spider-Man 4 will even top Spider-Man 3's success unless it has a hell of a storyline that attracts even non Spider-Man fans.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Nah, I doubt the Dark Knight will come close to Spider-Man 3. The most it'll get is probably over $500 million worldwide. Hell, I doubt that Spider-Man 4 will even top Spider-Man 3's success unless it has a hell of a storyline that attracts even non Spider-Man fans.

Oh, I really do think The Dark Knight will make Spidey 3 type dough.

Ultimate Hulk43
It'll probably make some money that is close to what Spider-Man 3 made but it won't make more than SM-3, that's for sure.

Yoshi Fanatic
I agree. The Dark Knight movie would never make as much money as any of the Spiderman movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.