can superman take the godblast at full power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If thor was going all out and decided to use the god blast on superman will it take superman out of the fight.

Scoobless
Originally posted by carver9
will it take superman out of the fight?

Yes

guy222
If thor was going all out and decided to use the god blast on superman will it take superman out of the fight.

hmm.....yes

Priest
Supes dies.

D-Block
Supes would die

Thanos_THOTU
Didnt a full power Godblast **** up Galactus?

Board Walker
Supermans durability feats as of late say other wise.

Going by his supermans showings, I say he takes and is still standing.

Superman surviving 50 supernovas of red sunlight, yeah I think superman is going to still be standing.

D-Block
Nah A Godblast hurt the Big G how is Superman going to take it?

Board Walker
Originally posted by D-Block
Nah A Godblast hurt the Big G how is Superman going to take it?

An extremely starving Galactus.

Juggs shrugged off the godblast.

Supermans durabilities feats lately show he will likely take this and still be standing.

Magee
Your forgeting the god blast is a very powerful magic atatck. His magic weakness is still there and was recently cut from a thor want to be with a magical axe. A godblast at full power would probably k.o Superman.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Magee
Your forgeting the god blast is a very powerful magic atatck. His magic weakness is still there and was recently cut from a thor want to be with a magical axe. A godblast at full power would probably k.o Superman.

Yeah, magic use to be a "weakness" of superman, along with K-nite and red solar radiation.

But in recent years, Superman has been pretty much immune to them.

Such as taking 50 super novas of red solar radiation and still standing.

Or being completely surrounded by Knite and fighting his enemies with no weakness what so ever.

Etc. etc.

the Darkone
The god-blast killed Mangog, Superman is dead point blank. unless you fanboys think that superman is a sky-father level being.The god-blast can kill immortal beings like skyfathers.

Board Walker
Originally posted by the Darkone
The godblast killed Mangog, Superman is dead piont blank. unless you fanboys think that superman is a sky-father level being.The Godblast can kill immortal beings like skyfahters.

Superman has fought and defeated universal and multiversal absract level beings.

Unless you fanboys think that superman is going to be killed by a godblast stick out tongue

the Darkone
Originally posted by Board Walker
Superman has fought and defeated universal and multiversal absract level beings.

Unless you fanboys think that superman is going to be killed by a godblast stick out tongue
Superman wins with jobber aura and major pis, superman is dead or several f**ked up. You think that superman could take a full blast of the astro force knowing your logic wink.

Board Walker
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superman wins with jobber aura and major pis, superman is dead or several f**ked up. You think that superman could take a full blast of the astro force knowing your logic wink.

Superman does these things on a monthly basis, it isnt pis when its done its within the characters power.

the Darkone
Superman does these things on a monthly basis, it isnt pis when its done its within the characters power.

It's not within his power to take god killing power blast, Astro Force, Omega effect,God force blast ect. Superman has great drability but he is not that tough to take damage that can kill immortals

StarsNeverFall7
Can and would he take the godblast, most likely.

Should he be able to even think about taking a godblast? No.

TricksterPriest
Good point, he should be able to just dodge it and smack Thor on the back of the head. But can he take the blast? Probably, but I think it would at least KO him.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
but I think it would at least KO him. At least.

It is a magical attack after all.

Soljer
Superman redirects the godblast with heat vision...

shifty.

BobbyD
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Good point, he should be able to just dodge it and smack Thor on the back of the head. But can he take the blast? Probably, but I think it would at least KO him.

Well said.

StarsNeverFall7
Yea but isn't the only way someone is supposed to be able to take the OE is if they are backed by something? I can't remember what it is, im not too familiar with DC.

grey fox
Superman dies

boriquaking55
One word:

T-vo

somebody had to say it

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by boriquaking55
One word:

T-vo

somebody had to say it

chair You knew that was coming. stick out tongue

UniOmni
Nope he wouldn't take it, just like Thor wouldn't shrug off his strongest punch, despite what his history of durability would imply.

Forum Superman might take it in stride, but comic Superman would go down, and likely hard.
It'd probably be a case of someone fast and strong needing to throw his carcass into the sun, were it to see print.

They don't let the trump cards of various characters be easily disregarded, since it adds an ugly taint to the character being disrespected, and the one who does the disrespecting.

Plus it upsets the status quo.

See Superman easily killing Wonder Woman in S/B while smashing the vaunted Aegis braces, and the fan outcry that caused Loeb to hem and haw, though it was originally intended to be an exact replica of canon Diana and Superman, were Superman to drop the reservations.

It made it seem as if Diana were a child in comparison to Superman. T

That upsets the status quo of Superman and Wondy being peers in power, if not equals.

He'd be badly burned, to the point of death in comics if a writer with any sense of history were to pen the story.

He'd then be thrown to the sun, and come back and whoop ass, since that's what he does.

Can Superman take the godblast at fullpower? Not in his dreams.

Kurash
the magic part does pose a problem so id say it definately KO's him if hes suppose to just stand there and take it, however, have we ever actually seen superman when he isnt holding back? Dont think so, for all we know he could walk right through it and laugh

Mindship
I think Supes gets KO'd. Otherwise, where's the fun?

Bentley
Superman dies unless it happens in the DC universe, there he would survive or comeback later unharmed.

Endless Mike
Yes, Superman is vulnerable to magic

Supernovas aren't magical

His Airness
Yeah, magic use to be a "weakness" of superman, along with K-nite and red solar radiation.

But in recent years, Superman has been pretty much immune to them.

Such as taking 50 super novas of red solar radiation and still standing.

Or being completely surrounded by Knite and fighting his enemies with no weakness what so ever.

Etc. etc.

And the above instances deal with magic in what way?

Lets talk about how WW casually sliced his throat with an enchanted sword.

Juntai
Originally posted by His Airness
And the above instances deal with magic in what way?

Lets talk about how WW casually sliced his throat with an enchanted sword. Sweet, what issue?

kevdude
Originally posted by Soljer
Superman redirects the godblast with heat vision...

shifty.

laughing out loud yah u never know what his heat vision can do nowadays!

Board Walker
Originally posted by Juntai
Sweet, what issue?

No issue exist of that happening.

carver9
No issue exist of that happening.

We'll what about wonderwoman slicing superman throat with her head band during the max lord saga. stick out tongue

starlock
It was her tiara that sliced open his neck-

Superman taking 50 supernovas of red radiation is not totaly true ,i have the comic,this will only get worse if this myth keeps up

Endless Mike
What happened was the shockwave was 50 times a known supernova, he took the initial shockwave but outran the radiation behind it

Board Walker
You do know the radiation would precede the shock wave right?

Endless Mike
That's not what the comic said

Board Walker
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That's not what the comic said

The comic did not say "he out ran the radiation" your interpreting that on your own accord.

masterbruce
Superman will be standing. Godblast does not have enough showings to really be gauged, esp since that Galactus encounter was quite a bit PIS.

starlock
Board Walker i usually agree with your views but this is not exactly true

"The electro magnetic shockwave came rushing towards clark at the speed of light"
"right behind it was a ball of radiation that would have INCINERATED clark as soon as it touched him"
" i dont know if the boys usually faster than light,but that day he was tired,he was not going to make it"
"Fortunatly that day he didnt have to"

Superman is saved by his father in a ship

He never even took the shockwave

Edit-i can see where it is debatable if he took the shockwave,i can see that,but tying it into 50 supernovas of red sun radiation is a little much

Board Walker
Originally posted by starlock

"The electro magnetic shockwave came rushing towards clark at the speed of light"
"right behind it was a ball of radiation that would have INCINERATED clark as soon as it touched him"
" i dont know if the boys usually faster than light,but that day he was tired,he was not going to make it"

I guess I read incorrectly, I appologize Mike you are correct.

masterbruce
I guess I read incorrectly, I appologize Mike you are correct.

I'm glad you're wrong. I was thinking to myself that even Supes PIS is getting ridiculous if he survives 50 supernovas.

starlock
Board walker i edited my post, i can see where it is debatable that he took the shockwave,on panel it looks to be the case-he gets hurt by somthing

The speed of the shockwave and then the comparison of him not reaching light speed to get away from the radiation is misleading and a little confusing

We all have a view of the feat-which is insane since he was getting drained by the sun eater,still amazing to acomplish (he had to defeat a sun eater by delivering an enthropy bomb inside it)

Speaking of which,i would like to hear Galaan007 point of view on the matter

jasonk3
NO !

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by jasonk3
NO ! Speaking of which...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4

jasonk3
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Speaking of which...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4
Oh I see...well...

http://thatvideosite.com/video/4211

WorldWarHulk
Oh I see...well...

http://thatvideosite.com/video/4211 I see what you did there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2NqfISm9k&mode=related&search=

jasonk3
I see what you did there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2NqfISm9k&mode=related&search=

I see your point, but the issue here is...

http://thatvideosite.com/video/4170

WorldWarHulk
I see your point, but the issue here is...

http://thatvideosite.com/video/4170 No, really, you're completely missing the point...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kWH22IbB8

jasonk3
No, really, you're completely missing the point...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kWH22IbB8

Problem is, you are not paying attention to the issues regarding...

http://thatvideosite.com/video/3794

WorldWarHulk
Problem is, you are not paying attention to the issues regarding...

http://thatvideosite.com/video/3794 All I want you to do is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzwYQV6PU

jasonk3
All I want you to do is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzwYQV6PU

You can do what you want, but remember this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXHlwSYSWQ

jmcnasty
Do you think Thor can actually take out a Superman that isn't holding anything back?

Maistro
With a full powered Godblast that connects, yes i do

Mindship
Originally posted by masterbruce
I was thinking to myself that even Supes PIS is getting ridiculous if he survives 50 supernovas.
Actually, one could forgo a PIS explanation and rationalize such a feat this way:
A supernova blast, however strong (hypernova, anyone?) releases its energy in a spherical wavefront (I'm ignoring, for the moment, those instances where the star releases energy via polar jets, since this clearly didn't happen in this event).

A spherical energy release means 2 things:
1. Most of the energy would never reach Superman even if he never moved. Most of it (99.99+%) would be radiating away from him or just past him, especially considering how small he is compared to that wavefront. How much wind does a pebble catch in a tornado? Enough to fling the pebble, sure, but the pebble is hardly catching the total energy of the storm.
2. As Superman gets further away from the explosion center, the inverse-square-law effect drastically reduces what bit of the expanding wavefront he is catching even more.

The godblast, on the other hand, is a coherent beam, wherein Superman does experience the full impact of energy.

don't shiv

supes might need a few JLA sick days to adjoust to loosing his sight and hearing permanantly.

Juntai

Edit-i can see where it is debatable if he took the shockwave,i can see that,but tying it into 50 supernovas of red sun radiation is a little much From what I see it, he took the supernovas, and the wave that would have incinerated him was the entropy bomb payload he threw into it to destroy it. Surviving an entropy bomb meant to kill a sun eater the size of a nebula, wouldn't be a bomb I'd want to wait around for either.

starlock
The comic is very unclear,i dont see him taking the 50 supernovas of red radiation,to be fair i read the comic like 20 times and i still cant see it,but hey thats the wonder of comics

Also it said the sun eater was using red sun radiation to hurt superman,but it never said the 50 x supernova explosion was red sun radiation,nor that the radiation he was not going to out run was enthropy radiation-but like i said it is a little confusing

Juntai
The comic is very unclear,i dont see him taking the 50 supernovas of red radiation,to be fair i read the comic like 20 times and i still cant see it,but hey thats the wonder of comics

Also it said the sun eater was using red sun radiation to hurt superman,but it never said the 50 x supernova explosion was red sun radiation,nor that the radiation he was not going to out run was enthropy radiation-but like i said it is a little confusing Yeah, that's why I stated it's the way I read it. Needless to say it's incredible regardless of how you take it though.

starlock
Yeah, that's why I stated it's the way I read it. Needless to say it's incredible regardless of how you take it though.

Without a doubt a great feat,for those who have not read the comic,he shows alot of guts and determination, he has to take an enthropy bomb into the sun eater(he actually puts himself between a blast and a ship),,while it hits him with red sun radiation and his powers are failing rapidly

I like the touch with the dad in the ship, the *fishing trip* hehe
BUT whats up with the filler stories? is richard donner behind schedule?
or have i got my comic mixed up hehe

His Airness
Sweet, what issue?

I posted that wrong. It was her tiara not her sword.

carver9
Originally posted by Maistro

jmcnasty
Originally posted by Maistro

He want get the chance to use the God Blast if he is fighting with Superman. Doesn't it take time for him to do the God Blast. It's not like Supes is just going to stand there and get blasted.

StarsNeverFall7
It's not a matter of weather they are fighting, if he can dodge it, if hed let him do it, etc.

It's COULD Superman take a full powered godblast.

the Darkone
God blast is instant doesn't take at all, Thor pull it on Gladiator and f**ked him up Gladiator was flat on his feet and Gladiator is faster than superman. Thor controls the flow of his godly energy so he can KO you or kill you.

Avalonofthewind
Superman can take it.

He'd be cooked extra crispy and hurting for sure.

But he can definitely take it, especially if he "sees it coming."

His Airness
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman can take it.

He'd be cooked extra crispy and hurting for sure.

But he can definitely take it, especially if he "sees it coming."

I doubt he would die because of who he is, but I'm certain he'd be ko'd.

Board Walker
Yeah, that's why I stated it's the way I read it. Needless to say it's incredible regardless of how you take it though.

I knew I had stated it correctly, I interpret it similar in how you do Juntai, I see him taking the radiation and the supernova/s.

What this shows is superman is out growing his weaknesses (k-nite, magic), as well as expanding in his powers and purpose.

Board Walker
Superman has tanked the Omega beams full power from the multiversal Darkseid, and has survived the God wave, he tanks this with absolute ease.

celeyhyga17
He gets phukked up

Astner
Mjonlir is magical enough to bash Superman's skull in with a physical blow. A Godblast would leave nothing but cinders.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman takes it and enjoys it. :]

h1a8
Originally posted by Astner
Mjonlir is magical enough to bash Superman's skull in with a physical blow. A Godblast would leave nothing but cinders. Superman has withstood powerful magic multiple times and has insane feats against energy. Only if Superman is determined then he can tank it but will be damaged well.

Astner
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman has withstood powerful magic multiple times and has insane feats against energy.
When? Every magically enchanted sword or trident cuts him up seemingly effortlessly. If Wonder Woman's tiara decapitates him, then Mjolnir is going to hurt him more than if a mountain of Kryptonite was dropped on him.

LordofBrooklyn
Mjonlir is magical enough to bash Superman's skull in with a physical blow. A Godblast would leave nothing but cinders.

When? Every magically enchanted sword or trident cuts him up seemingly effortlessly. If Wonder Woman's tiara decapitates him, then Mjolnir is going to hurt him more than if a mountain of Kryptonite was dropped on him.

Listen, Eurotrash, keep your fool mouth quiet when you don't know what you're talking about.

Satannus
Captain Marvel
Etriagn

Which of these individuals crushed Superman through magic?

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Listen, Eurotrash, keep your fool mouth quiet when you don't know what you're talking about.

Satannus
Captain Marvel
Etriagn

Which of these individuals crushed Superman through magic?

"Crushed" is excessive, but Captain Marvel has stopped Superman with magic.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
"Crushed" is excessive, but Captain Marvel has stopped Superman with magic.

Superman allowed him to do so, and then right after beat the daylights out of Billy.

Silent Master
RIP Superman.

the Darkone
Godblast all day

Utrigita
Originally posted by Silent Master
RIP Superman.

Genii96
Godblast kills him lmao

Insane Titan
Lol at the Superfans, Clark dies horribly

Star428
Anyone who thinks it'll actually kill Superman is kidding themselves. It'll KO him I'm sure (since Superman has to just stand there and take it) but not kill him.

DarkSaint85

Yes, it will.

StiltmanFTW
I doubt the god blast would affect Carver in his super senior state, though.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Star428
Anyone who thinks it'll actually kill Superman is kidding themselves. It'll KO him I'm sure (since Superman has to just stand there and take it) but not kill him. He can't even tank a gas station blowing up lol

panthergod
It Kos Superman due to his magick weakness, nothing more. That's if puny small world Odin magic is capable of activating his magic vulnerability.

Insane Titan
So in a non bias rabid jelly way you're saying Clark dies.

Star428
Originally posted by Insane Titan
He can't even tank a gas station blowing up lol

LOL. That was before he got several upgrades. He's taken a Hell of a lot worse punishment than a gas station blowing up. Also, what you're doing is "lowballing" which is against forum rules, iirc.

Magnon
Godblast is magical, so it would likely bypass Superman's durability and take him out.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. That was before he got several upgrades. He's taken a Hell of a lot worse punishment than a gas station blowing up. Also, what you're doing is "lowballing" which is against forum rules, iirc. lmao "against forum rules" you Supermen fans are the worst for it. Go cry somewhere else

the Darkone
Godblast has to known phuck up sky father level beings like Zelia of the Darkgods who siphon Odin powers, and she got F up

One-Punch
Magic weakness = RIP Superman.

panthergod
Originally posted by Insane Titan
So in a non bias rabid jelly way you're saying Clark dies.

If he was at Byrne levels, maybe.

Meanwhile, by pre Flashpoint, Superman takes Skyfather - level attacks and survives consistently.

Superman gets KOd due to weakness exploitation.

panthergod
Originally posted by Magnon
Godblast is magical, so it would likely bypass Superman's durability and take him out.
Magick does not bypass his durability, it disrupts it.

Henry_Pym
Semantics. It's like the, "it's not a weakness" thing.

Thor kills him.

Star428
roll eyes (sarcastic)

panthergod
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Semantics. It's like the, "it's not a weakness" thing.

Thor kills him.

Too bad you have nothing that will show this. And no, a far less relatively powerful Silver Age Galactus before the cosmic hierarchy wS revamped and defined in the 80s doesn't change that.

Mindset
He'll take it as easily as he takes dicks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.