Justices uphold partial-birth abortion ban.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/18/scotus.abortion/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Not trying to start another abortion thread, but this was new enough that I figured it counted.

(I should make a "Racist pedophile shoots up school" thread just to get all the topics together.)

Schecter
"The legal sticking point was that the law lacked a "health exception" for a woman who might suffer serious medical complications, something the justices have said in the past is necessary when considering abortion restrictions."

this is the part i'm uncomfortable about.

xmarksthespot
Meh.

sithsaber408
Good news. thumb up

I agree about the exception for life of the mother, that needs to be included.

Otherwise, this is the first step along a road that over 100 million Americans have been hoping would be traveled for 30 years now.

George W. IS actually good for something. stick out tongue

Carry on, then.

(cue Imperial march)

Schecter
Originally posted by sithsaber408

Carry on, then.

(cue Imperial march)

it was a supreme court decision. do you also thank our president every time the sun rises?

Devil King
Otherwise, this is the first step along a road that over 100 million Americans have been hoping would be traveled for 30 years now.

Yeah. But, you know that abortion will never be illegal. This is a bad thing as far as the precedent it involves. But abortion will never be illegal. And 100 million is an interesting figure. Who gave you that?

xmarksthespot
Jesus.

Devil King
I'd have said his wife's cousin's uncle or who ever it was in her family that turned him to Jesus.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Schecter
"The legal sticking point was that the law lacked a "health exception" for a woman who might suffer serious medical complications, something the justices have said in the past is necessary when considering abortion restrictions."

this is the part i'm uncomfortable about.

Likewise.

Abortion performed for medical reasons should always have an exemption.

Schecter
d-did....ush just agree with me?

sithsaber408
it was a supreme court decision. do you also thank our president every time the sun rises?

Nope, actually Christians have very little to thank him for.

Just the Supreme Court nominees that he put in, really.Originally posted by Devil King
Yeah. But, you know that abortion will never be illegal. This is a bad thing as far as the precedent it involves. But abortion will never be illegal. And 100 million is an interesting figure. Who gave you that?

I posted the links to that info in several threads before, don't remember reading it?

A more recent one from MSNBC said that 82% of Americans identify themselves as Christians (bringing the total closer to 250 million), but I was going off of the ones that are identified as "evangelical Christians."

And yeah, it's at 100 million right now.

Originally posted by Devil King
I'd have said his wife's cousin's uncle or who ever it was in her family that turned him to Jesus. I love how because I'm a Christian I must be a hick, right? stick out tongue

When instead I grew up in the Bay Area of California ( San Jose,the third largest metropolitan city in the state in fact, behind L.A. and San Francisco), attended public school, and live now in Northern California, right outside of Sacramento, the state's capitol.

There's Jesus Camps filled with Jesus Freaks in every state, every social class, and every demographic. cool

Goddess Kali
I'm actually glad Partial Birth Abortion is getting banned. thumb up

However, I strongly feel that Early Trimester Abortions should be left alone and in the choice of the mother.

There is a major difference between an Early Abortion and a Partial Birth Abortion, and I am tired of both sides (Liberal and Conservative) pretending that they are both the same thing.

Robtard
I'd have said his wife's cousin's uncle or who ever it was in her family that turned him to Jesus.

I have a decent memory... if I recall, it was his father-in-law's "miraculous" cure of hepatitis. HALLELUJAH! CAN YOU FEEL THE SPIRIT IN YOU... CAN YOU!?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Robtard
I have a decent memory... if I recall, it was his father-in-law's "miraculous" cure of hepatitis. HALLELUJAH! CAN YOU FEEL THE SPIRIT IN YOU... CAN YOU!?

That memory is failing you Rob. stick out tongue

That was something mentioned in a thread about healings, supernatural power, Holy Spirit type stuff.

I've only ever posted my actual testimony once in the religion threads.

But basically, I had an encounter with God.

Nobody did it for me.

I went to a church, and said: "If you're really for real, I wanna see it."

As I worshiped along with the singers, I opened my heart, and BAM! the presence of God was with me. The Holy Spirit flowed into me.

I mean a real PHYSICAL feeling now, one that was like the numbing tingle when you're foot falls asleep, and it washed over my whole body. My head, my face, in my cheeks and hair even.

I've never been the same.

Would you?

xmarksthespot
BAM! It flowed into you and washed over your head, face, cheeks and hair. Kinky.

Robtard
That memory is failing you Rob. stick out tongue

That was something mentioned in a thread about healings, supernatural power, Holy Spirit type stuff.

I've only ever posted my actual testimony once in the religion threads.

But basically, I had an encounter with God.

Nobody did it for me.

I went to a church, and said: "If you're really for real, I wanna see it."

As I worshiped along with the singers, I opened my heart, and BAM! the presence of God was with me. The Holy Spirit flowed into me.

I mean a real PHYSICAL feeling now, one that was like the numbing tingle when you're foot falls asleep, and it washed over my whole body. My head, my face, in my cheeks and hair even.

I've never been the same.

Would you?

Hmmm... Not saying you're lying, but I could swear that had something to do with your beliefs...

Would I feel the same if I had a feeling like my foot fell asleep and I was tingling all over? Yeah, I'd be the same as I wouldn't connect that with "God's presense" by default.

sithsaber408
Hmmm... Not saying you're lying, but I could swear that had something to do with your beliefs...

Would I feel the same if I had a feeling like my foot fell asleep and I was tingling all over? Yeah, I'd be the same as I wouldn't connect that with "God's presense" by default.

You're dodging..

Maybe the foot asleep analogy was bad, as you can subconciously dismiss it as nerves or something.

Think of novacaine, numbing your mouth. Now all over your body.

When you're completely sober, no mental condition, IN A CHURCH, asking God to prove himself to you if he's real, and opening your heart and singing to him.

And BAM! your struck where you are and your body feels a wave wash over you that makes you numb and tingleing.

You "wouldn't conncect that with God's presence by default"?

What would you connect it with then?

C'mon Rob, really. stick out tongue

Grimm22
Thank God

The fact that anyone would try to justify Partial Birth Abortion is sickening

The procedure is one of the most barbaric and sickening things Man-kind has EVER done.

For christ's sake, they pull the baby out when its ALIVE and stab it in the head! How the f*ck can you defend that?!? You can't!

Robtard
You're dodging..

Maybe the foot asleep analogy was bad, as you can subconciously dismiss it as nerves or something.

Think of novacaine, numbing your mouth. Now all over your body.

When you're completely sober, no mental condition, IN A CHURCH, asking God to prove himself to you if he's real, and opening your heart and singing to him.

And BAM! your struck where you are and your body feels a wave wash over you that makes you numb and tingleing.

You "wouldn't conncect that with God's presence by default"?

What would you connect it with then?

C'mon Rob, really. stick out tongue

There's a multitude of other possibilities that do not involve God for why you had this "feeling". Ever walk into a room and for no apparent reason the minute hairs on your back stand on end and you get a chill down your spine? I bet you have, we all have; it can't be explained either; that isn't God by default though.

C'mon Sith, you're connecting for the sake of connecting.

"I was in a chruch, I was signing and I felt some tingleing... MUST BE GOD!" Fools reasoning.

Anyhow, I agree with this ban, though the "mother's health" clause not being considered is a problem.

FeceMan
For ****'s sake, you retards. Who cares why sithsaber became a Christian? That has absolutely nothing to do with abortion.

Robtard
Originally posted by FeceMan
For ****'s sake, you retards. Who cares why sithsaber became a Christian? That has absolutely nothing to do with abortion.

Hey ****-tard, there's already a ****ing thread about ****ing abortion if you're so high-up on debating abortion. If you noticed, I said "anyhow" and brought the topic back to 'partial-birth abortions', at least on my end, though their isn't a whole lot to discuss, Shit Lord.

FeceMan
You ****ing ****wit, I was ****ing posting ****ing news, not ****ing debating ****ing abortion with ****face ****ers.

Robtard
You ****ing ****wit, I was ****ing posting ****ing news, not ****ing debating ****ing abortion with ****face ****ers.

This isn't a ****ing blog nor a ****ing news-post you ****ing numbskull, if you just ****ing had ****ing "news" to ****ing post about something to ****ing do with ****ing abortions, then you should have ****ing used the ****ing Abortion Thread you ****ing *******, so **** you in your ****ing *******.

Now stop crying because your thread failed to become this 'Cranial Onslaught Of Exchanges' you masturbatorially thought it would.

Anyhow, I agree with this ban, though the "mother's health" clause not being considered is a problem.

-edit, this thread has become a Scorsesee, nice ****ing job, tool.

Alpha Centauri

Who cares why a woman wants an abortion? That has absolutely nothing to do with Feceman, religion, Sithsaber, anybody besides the woman and possibly the father etc.

Pick one.

-AC

Devil King
I love how because I'm a Christian I must be a hick, right? stick out tongue

When instead I grew up in the Bay Area of California ( San Jose,the third largest metropolitan city in the state in fact, behind L.A. and San Francisco), attended public school, and live now in Northern California, right outside of Sacramento, the state's capitol.

There's Jesus Camps filled with Jesus Freaks in every state, every social class, and every demographic. cool

What? When have I ever called you a hick? If the hidden meaning of "I converted to get some stink on my tip" is hick or marble-mouthed day labourer, then I take back that accusation. However, I don't think such is the case.

AngryManatee
ban on abortion= The Coathanger Returns!

sithsaber408
What? When have I ever called you a hick? If the hidden meaning of "I converted to get some stink on my tip" is hick or marble-mouthed day labourer, then I take back that accusation. However, I don't think such is the case.

Um...huh?

You said that I must have heard about Jesus from my wifes, mothers, brothers, cousin or something, implying that we were country bumpkins. stick out tongue

Least ways thats howze I tooks it.

And what the hell are you on about, "getting some stink"?

My wife and I were together having sex far before the time I became a dedicated Christian, and even after that as well.

We chose to have a "second virginity" if you will by abstaining for about 8 months before our wedding to make the honeymoon night special, but that was only 8 months out of our 5 year relationship.

We were having sex before and after I became a Christian. I didn't become a Christian to have sex, in fact I became a Christian and GAVE UP sex for a little while.

Besides, earlier in this thread I gave the reason for my conversion.

Why isn't that enough for you?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Who cares why a woman wants an abortion? That has absolutely nothing to do with Feceman, religion, Sithsaber, anybody besides the woman and possibly the father etc.

Pick one.

-AC
Boy howdy, a false dilemma and an erroneous analogy.

Alpha Centauri
I did know you'd say that.

-AC

BackFire
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I did know you'd say that.

-AC

And I knew you'd say that.

Devil King
Um...huh?

You said that I must have heard about Jesus from my wifes, mothers, brothers, cousin or something, implying that we were country bumpkins. stick out tongue

I think that's hardly the case. I never said you heard about Jesus. It's hard to avoid him. His religion is pretty much everywhere thanks to people like yourself. People who see the virgin Mary in a piss stain under an over pass in the ghetto of Chicago. Besides, citing a string of familial relations isn't calling you a hick. I didn't say you were sleeping with them.

And what the hell are you on about, "getting some stink"?

My wife and I were together having sex far before the time I became a dedicated Christian, and even after that as well.

And that's all well and good. But your next statment doesn't support the notion that you got laid and then kept doing it, despite your needless and self imposed guilt. So, if you wanted more, you had to drink the kool-aid...and you did.

"second virginity"

Beyond what i said before, this concept is a failed and dillusional christian concept. There is no such thing. Unless, of course, your wife had regrown her hymen in 8 months time.

We were having sex before and after I became a Christian. I didn't become a Christian to have sex, in fact I became a Christian and GAVE UP sex for a little while.

Then, according to your religion you were living in sin and decided to do so despite the teachings of your lord and savior Jesus Christ and his Jewish fore fathers....aka: God HIMSELF. So, living in sin is fine for you to preach against now that you're doing it "right" and have asked for forgiveness and promised to be a good christian, speaking in tounges and claiming the power of Christ compelles you?

Besides, earlier in this thread I gave the reason for my conversion.

Why isn't that enough for you?

I don't address what ever answer you're giving now, or in addition to. I'm addressing everything you've said.

Schecter

Beyond what i said before, this concept is a failed and dillusional christian concept. There is no such thing. Unless, of course, your wife had regrown her hymen in 8 months time.

that would be....AWESOME!!!!

Devil King
that would be....AWESOME!!!!

Well, the foot note would be that it had to be broken at all. Unless, of course, it ascended into heaven with Jesus's foreskin.

Starhawk
I support abortion in order to save the life of the mother or in the case of rape, but thats it.

ADarksideJedi
Good news. thumb up

I agree about the exception for life of the mother, that needs to be included.

Carry on, then.

(cue Imperial march)

Now you like him! laughing It will be a while till they ban it all together till that day comes I can't wait!jm smile

Alliance
"Racist pedophile shoots up school"

"Racist gay pedophile shoots up school while having an abortion."

On the whole, I'm personally fine with this decision.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance
"Racist gay pedophile shoots up school while having an abortion."

On the whole, I'm personally fine with this decision.
Yeah, I'm fine with racist gay murderer pedophiles, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.