USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT)- 'The Real'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
(printed in green text, line by line)

Breach confirmed

Situation must be contained.

Eliminate all humans in the breached area.

System units will concentrate on eliminating the source.

Humans must be eliminated by external means.

Re-deployment of all forces confirmed by supervising unit as correct strategy.

Strike initiated.

---

Welcome, then, to the special Combat Path Episode!

Holy Crap! 3000 sentinels in the real world! SLIGHTLY different to last time then...

As we are in the real world, let's remind ourselves of a few things-

1. Your powers don't work. Doh!

2. Your stat boosts don't work. Doh!

3. Your skill boosts DO. They work in the real world. if you had a super-skill boost (that brings a skill past 4), that wouldn't work, but none of you have that. Less doh!

Martial Arts in the real world kinda becomes more like brawling. You just don't have that ridiculously good timing you have in the real world. Still, those with higher MA values sstill have a certain skill when it comes to a punch up. Trouble is, trying to punch a sentinel to death doesn't work well.

Guns works just fine, and will fire the energy weapons you carry also, as well as manning the ship guns.

If you lack a Gun skill, the ship guns alone can be fired on Dex + Hoverpilot also, but not the energy weapons.

If you lack everything it is down to Dex only for these things. Well, that's how it is; some are better than others at this real world lark.

So... how do we manage a fight against 3000 sentinels? Good question, and there is in fact a unique system for this. But we'll come to that soon (and I still need to get all the details togteher anyway). basically, the job of the ship gunners is to keep sentinels away from the ship as long as possible. The two ships are dvided into parts, each of which can take a certain amount of damage before falling away. So problem one is that sentinels cause enough damage to wreck the ship; problem two is if they get inside and try to eat you from there.

Sentinels come from different angles; different guns can cover different areas. Sheer random factor will tell us what sentinels come from where.

We also need pilots for those tricky rolls. Sequel will do the job on the Shez; Marduk will fly the Percy if no-one else can, but that derpives you of a gunner.

In case Captains are not avilable to deal with the strategic situation, Info: Sewer System may also be very useful.

-

In the last game the Combat Path was about straight success/failure for the whole group. Not so this time. There is no arbitrary success/failure. There is simply one question for each ship- how many of you live?

This is your most dangerous situation yet and casualties are extremely possible. Work hard, work well, and things may go well.

-

Meanwhile...

The Shez has five guns

It has two top turrets. They can fire in all directions but cannot hit anything below the ship. Also, the left turret cannot fire past the right turret directly to the right of the ship and vice versa.

It has two lower turrets. They can also fire in all directions but cannot hit anything above the ship. The two turrets again block each other's sight.

It has one front gun. This is very flexible and can fire up and down in any direction save directly forwards the rear of the ship.

The smaller Percy has three guns- one top, one lower, one front. As the more nimble ship it may be able to avoid trouble in other ways though.

So my first question is... who is going where?

Ushgarak
Sorry, made an error there, now corrected- one turret a piece at the FRONT of the ship, not the rear. Engines are in the way at the rear.

(Front gun is not literally in the front, but below the cockpit a la nose turrets on WWII bombers. It sticks out a bit and can swivle up and down to hit all angles but cannot actually turn 180 degrees to fire backwards as that would involve... firing through the ship).

Tptmanno1
Alright.
Me and Ares need to take the two most covering Gun platforms. Simply because this is our shit.
I'm thinking, seeing as we're running straight into them, the front gun needs to be manned the most. So I'll take that.
Then Ares could take a top one? if he wants?
And everyone else can fill in the rest.

Barbarossa
Barb is open to suggestions.

And he never got a response from Marduk, nor a handshake. =P

SpikeSpiegel
I'd pilot it if I had the skills. Also, if we fail do those of the philo guys on the ship that gets destroyed get killed too?

Ushgarak
Yup!

Bespin Bart
Okay, Shez, listen up!

Here's your Gun pools in the Real World, since you don't have Dexterity boosts...

MORS- 5 (Dex 3 + Guns 1 + Hoverpilot 1)
FIRE- 7 (Dex 3 + Guns 3 + Hoverpilot 1)
ARES- 8 (Dex 4 + Guns 3 + Gunner Bonus 1)
BURN- 8 (Dex 4 + Guns 3 + Gunner Bonus 1)
HAWK- 5 (Dex 3 + Guns 2)

So that's that.

Now, positioning...

Burn having the front gun works for me. His spot might be a problem when (if) we get ahead of the Sentinels and we're being chased but...we'll see.

That leaves the other four. Hawk and myself are both a bit wanting in gunnery skill, but Ares and Fire are both quite good at it, so one skilled and one less skilled per pair.

I would like to go topside, and Rex tells me he would also, so Fire and Hawk shall go with the belly guns. Everyone's got their part to do.

Fire, you have no idea how happy I am that you have Hoverpilot, I was afraid we'd have Ares and then three less skilled gunners...

TOP 1: Ares
TOP 2: Mors
BOTTOM 1: Fire
BOTTOM 2: Hawk
FRONT: Burn

Where will Dallas be during all of this? Or does he want to gun?

-

Meanwhile, Percy...

SAN- 3 (Dex 3)
CLOUD- 3 (Dex 3)
MELIS- 3 (Dex 3)
BARB- 7 (Dex 4 + Guns 3)

Oh boy.

My suggestion is that Barb gets the nose gun, but other than that...oh boy. You guys are going to be in for quite a game...

If the Percy can be piloted on Dexterity alone without too much dying as a result, I say let Marduk snatch one of those guns and let him take his pick! Otherwise, San, Cloud, and Melis can bicker about who gets the last two guns...

Vera21
I think San should get one, since she's First Officer, and Melis is quite motivated to do whatever it takes to save Klez, so she will want a turret or will volunteer to pilot if we can do that...

That's all up to San, though.

General Kaliero
I'm fine with that, Mors. Hawk will man the left belly gun.

Captain REX
Sounds good, Mors, Ares will call top left so we can have cover the left side with a Gunner and gunner. You with me on this, Hawk?

"Let's show them that we can fight 'em anywhere, any time!" Ares shouts, strapping himself into the gunner's seat for his turret. He flips switches on the controls, having been through this run-through of the system a million times but now finally getting to use it in a real-time combat situation. "Those squid-buckets want a fight? We'll give them a fight!"

Bespin Bart
Mors is silent as he straps himself in, powering up the top right turret.

General Kaliero
Hawk straps in and powers up the turret.

"Got that right!" he shouts back to Ares. "Might as well be attacking us with a few tin cans!"

Lana
Okay.

Good lord, we're screwed on the Percy. Damnit, why are all our people who are good at guns on the Philo path?

If piloting and not dying is possible on dex alone, then I'd like San to pilot so Marduk can get on a gun (and I'm just stating this right now - if we ever get our xp from the first game *hinthint* I'm getting the Hoverpilot skill). If that's possible, then Marduk should take the front gun, Barb one of the others, and Melis and Cloud can decide who takes the third (seems Melis really wants it).

If that's not possible, then Barb should take the front gun, and then the remaining three of us split ourselves on the two remaining guns. Again, Melis seems to want one, so then it'd be between Cloud and San for the third.

...seriously, I have no idea what the hell we should do here, we're in massive trouble.

Tptmanno1
"Hell Yea buddy," Burn responds via comm," Most kills win as usual! Prepare to get your ass handed to you!"

Barbarossa
I'll wait for Ush to confirm what it is that Marduk is doing, before taking action.

Fire
"Let's just try to kill em all guys!"

I'll take my seat, flip the switch and wait for the squidies to come around the corner.

Bespin Bart
Mors, though grim, adopts a noble air and speaks into his headset.

"Gentlemen, just in case there is not time to say this once things heat up, I just want you all to know that it's been an honor serving alongside you. Though we don't know whether we're riding on to victory or riding straight into the jaws of Hell, there's nobody that I would rather die alongside.

"However, for once I am going to adopt Dallas's optimism in this situation. The prospect is grim, but gentlemen? Prepare to show the Machines that we don't need to defy gravity to kick their asses three thousand ways from Zion to 01!"

Mors smiles slightly as the targeting systems flash to life on the viewscreen, his hands clasping the triggers.

"Persepolis...see you on the other side of that storm cloud."

Vera21
Melis straps herself in.

"We'll beat you there," Melis says as she snaps on her headset and straps in. She closes her eyes as she settles her hands on the unfamiliar triggers.

Come on, Klez, how do you work this damned thing...

SpikeSpiegel
The only skill that I have that could be of use in the real world is medicine. Which would mean that I could run from gunner position to gunner position healing people, right?

Ushgarak
Unfortunately, lacking Hoverpilot won't cut it for flying. So Marduk will have to take the helm.

Incidentally, Finn and Ariadne can both shoot a little.

Barbarossa
Alright, then Barb will take the front gun.

"Been awhile since I've had to man one of these puppies." He says gleefully, as he settles in and begins warming up the Targeting system.

Lana
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Unfortunately, lacking Hoverpilot won't cut it for flying. So Marduk will have to take the helm.

Incidentally, Finn and Ariadne can both shoot a little.

Damn. Would Finn be better at it than one of us?

If not, San will take the remaining gun. Melis, are you going top or bottom?

(...that sounds amusing...)

Cloud, it's going to be up to you to help keep track of what's going on.

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, I can do that.

Lana
Okay. I'd say then, stay with Marduk and Finn for now, unless they have anything they want you to do...

...and I'd also say keep an energy weapon nearby, just in case.

Barbarossa
Barb still has his Plasma Rifle.

Vera21
I'll grab the bottom gun.

Lana
Sounds good, I was going to put San on the top turret anyway.

And Barb gives me an idea that would probably be helpful. I think it'd be a good idea for everyone to keep their energy guns nearby. That way if worse comes to worse and sentinels get inside the ship, we don't need to waste time arming ourselves. That suggestion is for both ships, btw.

To make up for the fact that San and Melis are crappy gunners and Barb is only decent at best, we're going to have to really fight smart here and pay very close attention to what everyone is doing. Our best chances would be for San and Melis to target squids that Barb has damaged but not killed, I think. We'll also need to very much take advantage of the facts that the Percy is the small speedy ship and Marduk is a very good pilot.

Thankfully of the two ships, we're the one that's generally better at planning and coordinating and paying attention, so that should help stick out tongue

"I hardly know what I'm doing with this thing..." San says in response to Barb, settling in her turret. "You'll need to hit whatever you can, and Melis and I will clean up whatever's not destroyed as best we can."

General Kaliero
I know it probably isn't, but Ush, is it possible for the Shez to cover the Percy if things get out of hand for them?

Ushgarak
Not in the way you mean. But the positioning of the two ships is taken into account in the battle system, so one ship can move to a position which means attacks on a damaged part of the other may cease.

Lana
Okay, that could also be very very helpful.

Barbarossa
"Don't worry 'lil lady, I have never liked missing my targets." He replies over the Comms. Theres a smile in his voice.

SpikeSpiegel
Cloud will grab the plasma gun, just in case anything goes wrong. He'll then check on the Philo players stats, and the operators station to make sure things are going well with the other team. The nhe'll head to the cockpit and call "Where do you need me cap?"

Tptmanno1
*Sigh*
Calimari cookers guys..
Cmon! Whats the use of generating RP slang if we don't USE it!
The same way me and Rex are trying to bring Coppertop Killer back in vogue to replace CC

Lana
Holy crap, somehow I forgot about that term, and I was the one that invented it, too...

SpikeSpiegel
I was going to say Calamari cooker, but Barb said Plamsa gun and I thought I'd sound even more geeky if I had.

Ushgarak
Cloud, Philo players are... wait... ok, no, they're fine. There was a bit of disruption on the signal there for a moment, probably to do with interfacing with the Door. Not that you are an expert. Heart rates etc. are up. They are nervous about something.

"Keep checking the ship for hull breaches," says Marduk. "The sensors don't always pick them up, especially if the Sentinels have destoyed the sensors."

---

Just so we are sure, Shez is in the lead, Percy behind. By default, that currently means Shez will get fewer rear attacks, the Percy fewer frontal.

Barbarossa
Why put the bigger, less nimble ship up front?

Ushgarak
Why do you think?

Captain REX
Seeing as we're charging straight into a mass of Sentinels, the Shez will be able to use all five of its guns to fire forwards. The Percy would have trouble with that- less guns, less skilled gunners.

San, maybe you and Barb should switch. If the Percy is going to be facing more rear attacks than frontal attacks, it would be down to you and Melis; Barb can't fire backwards.

Alkaselzer
EDIT- oops, wrong thread

General Kaliero
Because we're heading toward the cloud of Sentinels, and thus will be somewhat protecting the Percy during the charge through them, which the Percy really needs?

Lana
Yeah...we definitely need whatever help we can get in this...

Originally posted by Captain REX
Seeing as we're charging straight into a mass of Sentinels, the Shez will be able to use all five of its guns to fire forwards. The Percy would have trouble with that- less guns, less skilled gunners.

San, maybe you and Barb should switch. If the Percy is going to be facing more rear attacks than frontal attacks, it would be down to you and Melis; Barb can't fire backwards.

That sounds like a good idea to me. Okay Barb, we're switching. I'll take the front gun, you take the top. Barb can shoot anything coming from behind, San can try and get whatever gets past the Shez, and Melis can help either of us, depending on the situation.

I'm assuming that we can switch places during the fight, right?

Logic, Barb stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Well, we'd best have confirmations soon!

Lana
Well, unless anyone has a damn good reason to change anything, I think everything is about set now.

Barbarossa
Hmmm, it'd be harder for the Percy to make a run for it this way, is what I meant. =P

Barb will take the rear then.

Lana
Yeah, because simply making a run for it will really work with that many sentinels after us...

Okay, so it seems to me as though it's settled; San will be on the front gun, Barb the top, and Melis the bottom one, and Cloud will be checking to make sure that sentinels don't break through the hull (and definitely keep your plasma gun/calamari cooker on hand for that).

Bespin Bart
Shez

FRONT- Burn
TOP LEFT- Ares
TOP RIGHT- Mors
BOTTOM LEFT- Hawk
BOTTOM RIGHT- Fire

-

Percy

FRONT- San
TOP- Barb
BOTTOM- Melis

-

That's the final order.

Ushgarak
No job for Finn?

Btw, Hoverpilot can be used as a replacement for Guns, not as a boost.

Lana
Well, I did ask yesterday if Finn would be better on the guns than one of us...

Captain REX
Oh, well, that gives Mors a pool of 4 and Fire a pool of 6. Buggery.

Lana
Still not as bad off as we are.

Ushgarak
Well, I said Finn has a Gun skill.

Lana
Well, if he has a gun skill, unless he has a really crappy gun skill and really crappy dexterity, then he's likely going to be a better gunner than we are.

And with how we're positioned, getting people who are decent on the top and bottom turrets is more important than the front, since we'll be getting more attacks from the back, and they can fire front and back.

Melis and Barb both seem pretty determined to blow stuff up here, so Barb will stay where he is on the top turret, and then Melis, I want you to move to the front. And then Finn shall go on the bottom turret. And I guess San's not shooting things for now!

Bespin Bart
Shez

FRONT- Burn
TOP LEFT- Ares
TOP RIGHT- Mors
BOTTOM LEFT- Hawk
BOTTOM RIGHT- Fire

-

Percy

FRONT- Melis
TOP- Barb
BOTTOM- Finn

-

That should do it. I don't have any changes I want to make to the Shez, and Percy seems situated?

Lana
Unless, as I said before, anyone has any damn good reasons for changes...we should be good now.

Captain REX
So...let's lock and load?

Barbarossa
Locked and Loaded...

Lets go die in a moment of heroic glory!

Fire
edit.

Ushgarak
Ok, let's get down to some business.

The playing card deck, minus Jokers, is full for this scenario. Each turn I draw two cards, one each for Shez and Percy. The card dictates where the next attack comes from- which o'clock (12, 3, 6, 9 and maybe a surprise or two), which elevation (high, mid, low) and how many. Anything drawn Shez rear or Percy front gets split between the two ships as logic dictates. At the start of the scenario I will make four draws for each ship to show the starting situation.

Don't worry about ammo, you have loads of it. DO worry about overheating guns. Each time you fire a gun, its temperature increases by one. You can fire the gun up to three times each turn.
Once the temperature reaches ten, the gun is liable to malfunction when fired; the hotter, the more likely. Guns cool by one point in a turn they are not fired.

The amount of cards drawn for each ship may well increase as the situation changes.

All clear?

Lana
Seems simple enough to me, I don't really have any questions beyond "how easy do sentinels die".

Ushgarak
Like Mooks, you need three successes.

Lana
Because I can really remember how many successes it takes to kill the average mook...

Well, we're certainly going to be hard-pressed to kill anything in a single turn, that's for sure.

General Kaliero
Fairly clear. Though, you just had to make the guns heat up, didn't you...

Nah, don't worry about my griping! stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
"You ready?" Cloud asks San, moving with his calamari cooker to a position to protect the philo guys if sentinals should break through.

EDIT: Oh, while Finn is busy manning the guns, can I take the position of operator, to help the Philo guys out? stick out tongue

Bespin Bart
I think San wanted that. stick out tongue

Mors is all set. He will be issuing firing plans once we get started. We want dead squids, not lots of damaged ones...

Captain REX
I knew there'd be an overheating issue...

If things overheat, how long does it take to cool it off?

Anyways, Ares is ready to blow these bastards away.

Lana
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
I think San wanted that. stick out tongue

Mors is all set. He will be issuing firing plans once we get started. We want dead squids, not lots of damaged ones...

Yes indeed I did, if possible stick out tongue

Originally posted by Captain REX
I knew there'd be an overheating issue...

If things overheat, how long does it take to cool it off?

Anyways, Ares is ready to blow these bastards away.

I'd guess at the same rate they cool off normally?

Captain REX
Well, I'd assume an overheat would have some sort of penalty on the cooling...

General Kaliero
I thought the penalty would be just on misfires and blowing up, not cooling down badly...

Captain REX
Eh...let's not do that then...

Tptmanno1
Yea..
Try not to overheat,
But don't be afraid to push it. Don't get too scared of the overheat. Keep shooting.

Vera21
Melis is ready to fire!

Lana
"Don't have much of a choice." San replies to Cloud.

And ready San is, to do...um...whatever Marduk needs her to do...

Barbarossa
Meeeyah! Lets roll.

Ushgarak
Shadowed by the Percy, the Shez speeds through the tunnels.

"Contact time fifteen seconds!" yells Sequel.

"Faster!" says Dallas.

"What?"

"More power to the engines! Catch them at the corner!"

"Oh crap..."

The Shez's engines grow incandescently bright and you all feel the llurch as you shove forwaards at greater speed.

And then one more turn and...

The Shez steers headlong into a seething mass of sentinels that seemed to be blocking the entire tunnel. The argument of the small cars vs the tank on the highway is won by the tank. The sentinels seem slightly taken aback at turning the corner themselves only to be confronted by many tons of shipping coming their way and have no time to organise.

Shez rams them.

"SPIN!" calls out Dallas, and the next few seconds are hard on your stomachs...

Captain REX
"Jesus I didn't know this ship could do that..." Ares grumbles as he feels himself spin with the ship. His radar goes nuts as the Sentinels streak past the ship, but he holds his fire until he can get a better shot.

Bespin Bart
Mors keeps a grim face, used to the forces of intense hovercraft maneuvers by this point in his career.

"All Shez guns prepare to fire forwards," Mors says, clinging to his controls. "Percy, get ready to clean up what we miss."

General Kaliero
"Holy crap! Captain, some warning might be useful next time!"

Hawk takes on a more businesslike tone as his stomach quits trying to burst out of his torso.

"Ready to fire, Mors, on your orders," he says, turning the gun to aim forward.

Ushgarak
Dozens of Sentinels are trying to keep a hold on the Shez, but the spinning is throwing them off to one side. This blats a hole through the sentinel cloud which the Percy flies into.

"Open fire!" yells Marduk. it's hard to miss at this point (no game rules required yet); the air is 99% robot.

Tptmanno1
Burn Opens fire upon sentinals coming toward the Percy!
"Lets do this!! Comon!"

Bespin Bart
Mors targets Sentinels that seem like they might take hold of the Shez, even with the spinning. Mors fires at one, then another, pulling the triggers lightly.

"Take them down, gentlemen!"

Captain REX
Ares holds down the trigger with extreme prejudice as his gun sweeps into the forwards position, spitting the massive bullets without really aiming before the gun locks into a forwards position.

"This is it, boys!" Ares shouts, smiling slightly.

Vera21
Melis opens fire on the Sentinels as they sweep by her turret, expending as much ammo as she pleases in her shots.

Vera21
Melis opens fire on the Sentinels as they sweep by her turret, expending as much ammo as she pleases in her shots.

Vera21

General Kaliero
"This is war!" Hawk replies to Ares, clamping down hard on the triggers and letting loose a heavy spray of bullets into the cloud of Sentinels.

Barbarossa
"Krieg ist jetzt!!!" Barb hollers, opening fire upon the Sentinels.

Ushgarak
A few seconds later, and the Seninels have adjusted to the situation, and our fight begins...

Starting cards for Shez: 5C, QD, JD, 10D

Starting cards for Percy: 9S, 8S, 8H, 4H

-----

SENTINEL ASSAULT, Turn 0

Scheherazade

Front Gun (0/0): Burn 0 (8/0)

Upper Gun Left (0/0): Ares 0 (8/0)

Upper Gun Right (0/0): Mors 0 (4/0)

Lower Gun Left (0/0): Hawk 0 (5/0)

Lower Gun Right (0/0): Fire 0 (6/0)

Pilot: Sequel 0 (6/0)

Internal:

Dallas 0 (0)- Cockpit

Ariadne 0 (0)- Broadcast area

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel Mid (/2/0) Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel Mid (3/0) Damage sustained to section: 0

6 o'clock: 2 sentinels Mid (3/0), 1 sentinel Low (3/0) Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: Damage sustained to section: 0

----

Persepolis

Front Gun (0/0): Melis (3/0)

Upper Gun (0/0): Barb (6/0)

Lower Gun (0/0): Finn 0 (5/0)

Pilot: Marduk 0 (6/0)

Internal:

Cloud 0 (0)- Cockpit

San 0 (0)- Cockpit

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (2/0) 1 sentinel Mid (2/0), 1 sentinel Low (2/0) Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: Damage sustained to section: 0

6 o'clock: Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 2 sentinels High (3/0) Damage sustained to section: 0

-----

The number by you not in brackets is your turn number.

Turret numbers are (heat/damage)

Your numbers are (relevant skill (if any)/damage)

Sentinel numbers are (distance from ship/hits taken)

Let's hear it!

Fire
I'll fire three shots at the sentinel at 3 o'clock low.

Vera21
I think you mean 6 o'clock low...

"Sentinels in-bound, 12 o'clock! Barb, take High, Finn, take Low!"

She puts the Sentinel at 12 o'clock Mid in her sights and pulls the trigger.

(Three shots at Sentinel 12 o'clock Mid)

Bespin Bart
Okay, coordinating...

Remember to specify your number of attacks. If you've got higher dice, use less attacks if everyone's got a target to shoot at.

Mors will fire two attacks at the Sentinel at 3 o'clock mid.

Burn, take the Sentinel at 12 o'clock.

Everyone else, pick a target and blow it away.

-

Mors fires on the Sentinel at 3 o'clock Mid, his grip on the controls tight.

General Kaliero
Hawk zeros in on on one of the Sentinels at 6 o'clock Mid and pumps two shots into it.

Captain REX
Ares takes on the other Sentinel at 6 o'clock Mid with one attack.

Lana
Couple quick pieces of advice...

- Target the sentinels closer to the ship first. This should be obvious.
- If your pool is relatively low, target damaged ones as you'll have a better chance of hitting.
- Pay attention to everything. How far and how damaged sentinels are, where they are in relation to you, how much your guns have heated up, and so on.

I'll probably draw up a rough map/diagram/whatever since I know that trying to read all the descriptions is certainly confusing me, so yeah...

Oh, and has been suggested I add, and falls under "pay attention to everything"...don't be an idiot and try and fire through one of the ships.

General Kaliero
It's better in my original terms, but... yeah. Please don't try shooting through the ships.

Fire
Yea I ment 6 o'clock

Bespin Bart
Not so much a problem for the Percy as it is for the Shez, but I think everyone conveniently chose the right targets, whether they kept in mind where they were or not. Heh!

Ares and Hawk should never be concerned with 3 o'clock.

Mors and Fire should never be concerned with 9 o'clock.

Burn should never be concerned with 6 o'clock.

So, firing orders should be fine for everyone, currently. Just keep it in mind, Shez.

Ushgarak
Wow... I really thought tpt would post...

Lana
I don't think he's going to be online at all today.

And last piece of advice, to go along with BB's post...if you're on a top gun, don't try and attack anything on the bottom; if you're on the bottom, don't try and attack anything up top. It won't work.

Barb says he will fire twice at the sentinel at 12 o'clock high.

Ushgarak
Dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka!

Those of you firing three times are hosing down the area with vast amounts of fire, trugger held down. People making fewer attacks are making shorter bursts.

Some of you do well; best shot of the round is from Finn. Melis... you really aren't built for this kind of thing...

The Shez comes out of its spin with its right side facing downwards.

"We can take the sub-route down at the next junction!" yells Sequel over the gunfire. "Down to the catacombs, lose them in there!"

"No!" says Dallas. "There's no signal down there."

Shez card: AC

Percy Card: 7C

-----

SENTINEL ASSAULT, Turn 1

Scheherazade

Front Gun (0/0): Burn 0 (8/0)

Upper Gun Left (1/0): Ares 1 (8/0)

Upper Gun Right (1/0): Mors 1 (4/0)

Lower Gun Left (2/0): Hawk 1 (5/0)

Lower Gun Right (3/0): Fire 1 (6/0)

Pilot: Sequel 1 (6/0)

Internal:

Dallas 1 (0)- Cockpit

Ariadne 1 (0)- Broadcast area

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel Mid (1/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel Mid (1/2), 1 sentinel Low (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

6 o'clock: | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: | Damage sustained to section: 0

----

Persepolis

Front Gun (3/0): Melis 1 (3/0)

Upper Gun (2/0): Barb 1 (6/0)

Lower Gun (1/0): Finn 1 (5/0)

Pilot: Marduk 1 (6/0)

Internal:

Cloud 1 (0)- Cockpit

San 1 (0)- Cockpit

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel Mid (1/2) | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

6 o'clock: Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 2 sentinels High (2/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

-----

Next...

Captain REX
Let me get this straight; if you fire twice out of three possible attacks, you cool off one point, right? And you can distribute your attacks amongst different Sentinels?

If so to the second question...

Ares will fire twice, targeting the two Sentinels on 9 o'clock High, over by the Percy.

Ushgarak
You can distribute your attacks amongst sentinels in the same area.

But guns only cool if not fired in a turn.

Alkaselzer
EDIT- Bart

Lana
How come Finn's gun still say zero, then?

--

Melis, I'd say finish off your target. It's on two damage, so kill it.

Barb, the two sentinels at 9 o'clock high are going to be a bit of a nuisance if not killed soon. If Ares kills them, though, then get the one at 3 o'clock mid.

I'm assuming top/bottom turrets can hit things in the middle?

Bespin Bart
Mors squeezes off two attacks at the damaged Sentinel at 3 o'clock Mid.

"We have to make sure that we don't lose the signal!" Mors shouts to Sequel. "Keep it in mind!"

Ushgarak
Yup.

Vera21
Melis will curse as she sprays away, making two attacks at the damaged Sentinel at 12 o'clock mid.

SpikeSpiegel
"Cap', where do you need me?" Cloud asks, feeling a bit useless.

Tptmanno1
Question.
If I had to, could I shoot Percy's sentinals?

Also, sorry, I was a Coachella seeing Rage Against the Machine all day yesterday.

Umm,
Turn 0, two shots at the one at 12 o'clock,
Turn 1, I'll take a shot at one of the Percy's 9'o clock one if I can, If not oh well,
and 2 shots at the low 3 o'clock one on the Shez

Captain REX
I've got those 9 o'clock Percy Sentinels clocked in. Keep that 12 o'clock Shez Sentinel from latching itself to the front of the ship...

Barbarossa
As suggested, Barb will aim for the Sentinals at 9o'clock high. Unless they are taken out by Ares. In which case, he will target the ones at 3o'clock mid.

Lana
How many shots?

Tptmanno1
OK Ares,
Then drop the 9 o'clock percy sentinals,
shoot three shots then at the 12 o clock one and the low 3 o clock one.

Ushgarak
Already fielded the question about firing at the sentinels attacking other ships- no. Hence, Ares' attack iorders are illegal.

And just to remind people... there is no such thing as you acting on turn zero. Obviously.

Meanwhile, you cannot wait to see the results of others firing before firing. I will take your first stated attack orders in each case.

You assume correcty, San.

Cloud, Marduk already gave you a suggestion at the start. He's a bit busy to micro-manage now.

I don't have precise firing instructions from Barb so I will assume one burst on each.

Burn is firing like crazy. He's downed his target sbut his gun is running pretty warm already.

Moving on with as much speed as possible now. If your gun has any temperature to it, then if you don't post you don't fire.

"Hey lads and lasses, how about leaving things in my target zone for me..." says Finn, over the comms (you all have head comms a la Star Wars).

Shez card: QS

Percy card: 3D

-----

SENTINEL ASSAULT, Turn 2

Scheherazade

Front Gun (6/0): Burn 2 (8/0)

Upper Gun Left (0/0): Ares 2 (8/0)

Upper Gun Right (3/0): Mors 2 (4/0)

Lower Gun Left (1/0): Hawk 2 (5/0)

Lower Gun Right (2/0): Fire 2 (6/0)

Pilot: Sequel 2 (6/0)

Internal:

Dallas 2 (0)- Cockpit

Ariadne 2 (0)- Broadcast area

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 2 sentinels High (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

----

Persepolis

Front Gun (5/0): Melis 2 (3/0)

Upper Gun (4/0): Barb 2 (6/0)

Lower Gun (0/0): Finn 2 (5/0)

Pilot: Marduk 2 (6/0)

Internal:

Cloud 2 (0)- Cockpit

San 2 (0)- Cockpit

Enemies on scope:

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (2/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

6 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (1/1), 1 sentinel High (1/2) | Damage sustained to section: 0

-----

"Next left!" says Dallas.

"We're on our right side!" says Sequel. "Left is up! Left is up!"

EVENT: First Sentinel group recovers from initial charge. Cards drawn each turn for lead ship increase by one

Captain REX
Damn...

"I've got 'em!" Ares says, swiveling his gun to the two Sentinels approaching the Shez from 9 o'clock High. He fires a burst at each.

Vera21
"Sorry, Finn," Melis says, pointing her gun at the Sentinel hit for 2 at 9 o'clock high and firing one attack.

Tptmanno1
I'll let my gun cool this turn.

General Kaliero
Cooling off...

Fire
Unless the Percy requests help I'll let my gun cool.

Bespin Bart
Cooling off, for the moment.

Remember...shoot the closer ones, if you have to pick targets.

Barbarossa
Two bursts at the Sentinal @ 9o'clock high with one damage

Lana
Cloud, you're checking the hull for breaches.

San, as she can't actually shoot anything, will then keep an eye on the scopes and boss people about as needed, I suppose...

Ushgarak
Some good shooting this turn, though ASres downs only one of his targets.

Cards:

Shez Cards: 7H, 10C

Percy Card: 3H

-----

SENTINEL ASSAULT, Turn 3

Scheherazade

Front Gun (5/0): Burn 3 (8/0)

Upper Gun Left (2/0): Ares 3 (8/0)

Upper Gun Right (2/0): Mors 3 (4/0)

Lower Gun Left (0/0): Hawk 3 (5/0)

Lower Gun Right (1/0): Fire 3 (6/0)

Pilot: Sequel 3 (6/0)

Internal:

Dallas 3 (0)- Cockpit

Ariadne 3 (0)- Broadcast area

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (2/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 2 sentinels Low (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (2/2) | Damage sustained to section: 0

----

Persepolis

Front Gun (6/0): Melis 3 (3/0)

Upper Gun (6/0): Barb 3 (6/0)

Lower Gun (1/0): Finn 3 (5/0)

Pilot: Marduk 3 (6/0)

Internal:

Cloud 3 (0)- Cockpit

San 3 (0)- Cockpit

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel low (2/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (1/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

6 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (2/1) | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: | Damage sustained to section: 0

-----

"I know that!" yells Dallas. "Make the turn!"

"That's odd..." says Ariadne, looking at the bio signs of those still in the Matrix.

EVENT- Sharp turn approaching, difficulty 3 (2 for Percy). Pilots make rolls next turn; If failed, amount roll is failed by is subtracted from everyone's Guns pool for that turn

Fire
firing twice at a sentinel at 3 o'clock low.

General Kaliero
And again, nothing I can shoot...

Tptmanno1
I'll take a shot at that sentinal.
Just one

Ushgarak
'that'?

SpikeSpiegel
I'll start checking the ship over, though seeing as how we haven't been hit yet I'm not expecting to find much. So I may as well then check how the Philo guys are holding out.

Ushgarak
That disruption you noticed earlier hasn't gone away.

Actually... it's not disruption. There is something wrong with their life signs.

Tptmanno1
Oops.
Editing mistake.
The 12 o clock one.

Bespin Bart
Mors will cool again.

Vera21
Melis will fire three bursts at the Sentinel at 12 o'clock for the Percy.

"This is tougher than I thought it'd be," Melis says.

Captain REX
Ares will finish off the Sentinel at 9 o'clock High, blowing it to pieces at it comes towards his turret.

SpikeSpiegel
"Uh........San.....I think that maybe you should check this out..." Cloud says worried, and unsure of what he's seeing.

Ushgarak
The turns are made just fine. Shez, Percy following soon after, makes a sharp turn left which leaves you guys in a tunnel leading upwards.

Front firers have some trouble this turn.

Sentinel at pointblank range of the Percy, 3 o'clock!

Shez Cards: 3S, 9H

Percy Card: 10S

-----

SENTINEL ASSAULT, Turn 4

Scheherazade

Front Gun (6/0): Burn 4 (8/0)

Upper Gun Left (3/0): Ares 4 (8/0)

Upper Gun Right (1/0): Mors 4 (4/0)

Lower Gun Left (0/0): Hawk 4 (5/0)

Lower Gun Right (3/0): Fire 4 (6/0)

Pilot: Sequel 4 (6/0)

Internal:

Dallas 4 (0)- Cockpit

Ariadne 4 (0)- Broadcast area

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (3/0), 1 sentinel High (1/2) | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (2/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

----

Persepolis

Front Gun (9/0): Melis 4 (3/0)

Upper Gun (5/0): Barb 4 (6/0)

Lower Gun (2/0): Finn 4 (5/0)

Pilot: Marduk 4 (6/0)

Internal:

Cloud 3 (0)- Cockpit

San 3 (0)- Cockpit

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (1/2) | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel High (0/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 2 sentinels Low (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

-----

"Dallas! There's something wrong with the bio signs of those inside!" calls Ariadne.

"Is the signal ok?" yells Dallas, back.

"Uhhh... yeah... so far..."

General Kaliero
Hawk lets loose three bursts at the Sentinel right in front of him at 9 o'clock low.

Captain REX
Ares handles the damaged Sentinel at 12 o'clock high with one burst.

Vera21
"I need to cool off!" Melis shouts to the others, letting the gun relax for a moment.

Ushgarak
Sorry, melis, just corrected- 12 o'clock sentinel is one turn away.

Vera21
Oh dear. Do things go wrong as soon as I hit 10, or only after?

Otherwise, Melis better fire a burst at that Sentinel...

Ushgarak
Well, you don't know, really...

Lana
Barb needs to blast the one at 3 o'clock. He should have killed it last turn but genius didn't post for some reason.

"What is it?" San asks, going over to Cloud.

SpikeSpiegel
"There's something wrong with their life signs...I haven't seen anything like it before. You've been free longer than me..." Cloud says tapping the machine on the side.

Lana
San will take a (quick) look at their life signs and see if she can figure out what's wrong.

"There's a squid on the ship. If Barb doesn't blast it off we're going to have trouble. Get ready to go check it out."

Tptmanno1
2 shots at the undamaged 12 o'clock sentinal

SpikeSpiegel
Cloud will lock and load (or whatever it is you do with these cookers) an prepare to check out the area where that sentinal is.

Barbarossa
Barb will line up a shot on the squid currently attached to the ship.

"Later, Sucker." He says, opening up with three bursts on it.

Ushgarak
Melis gets her kill. Alert lights are flashing, but nothing has blown up... yet...

Shez Cards: 6S, JH

Percy Card: 3C

-----

SENTINEL ASSAULT, Turn 5

Scheherazade

Front Gun (8/0): Burn 5 (8/0)

Upper Gun Left (4/0): Ares 5 (8/0)

Upper Gun Right (0/0): Mors 5 (4/0)

Lower Gun Left (3/0): Hawk 5 (5/0)

Lower Gun Right (2/0): Fire 5 (6/0)

Pilot: Sequel 5 (6/0)

Internal:

Dallas 5 (0)- Cockpit

Ariadne 5 (0)- Broadcast area

Enemies on scope:

12 o'clock: 2 sentinels Mid (2/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (1/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 1 sentinel Mid (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

----

Persepolis

Front Gun (10/0): Melis 5 (3/0)

Upper Gun (8/0): Barb 5 (6/0)

Lower Gun (4/0): Finn 5 (5/0)

Pilot: Marduk 5 (6/0)

Internal:

Cloud 5 (0)- Cockpit

San 5 (0)- Cockpit

Enemies on scope:

3 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (3/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

9 o'clock: 1 sentinel Low (2/0) | Damage sustained to section: 0

-----

"Are they in a fight?" asks Dallas.

"Err... no... adrenaline is low..."

"Well, we'll have to worry about it later!"

San, their vital signs are erratic. Their bodies are also sweating somewhat. Temperature is high.

Vera21
Melis lets her gun cool off this turn, wincing as the alert lights buzz to life.

"No no no, stop that," she says, keeping her hands on the triggers but not firing.

General Kaliero
Hawk pumps two shots into the Sentinel at 9 o'clock.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>