so, did TMNT bomb at the box office?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
if it did, thats sad. i thought it was great.

Supreme being
Originally posted by emporerpants
if it did, thats sad. i thought it was great.

confused Wasnt it number1 at the box office.

emporerpants
it made 20 some million its first weekend and now its not even in the top 10 anymore. it made about 30 million i believe. i hope i'm wrong on that number, but i don't think so.

sithsaber408
As of today:

Domestic: $52,443,324 65.9%
+ Foreign: $27,105,115 34.1%

= Worldwide: $79,548,439

The total budget was 34 million dollars, so they are in the green about 45 mil.

If the film closes at about 80 mil (which it will) it could be considered a "sleeper" hit.

Dvd sales will be strong, no doubt.

It was supposed to be the first of a trilogy, and it hinted at Shredders return in the next film.

Lets hope it gets made!

Starhawk
Most of a movies money is made in DVD sales, the theatrical release is basically just to get the interest in the DVD sales where the real money is mostly.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by sithsaber408
As of today:

Domestic: $52,443,324 65.9%
+ Foreign: $27,105,115 34.1%

= Worldwide: $79,548,439

The total budget was 34 million dollars, so they are in the green about 45 mil.

If the film closes at about 80 mil (which it will) it could be considered a "sleeper" hit.

Dvd sales will be strong, no doubt.

It was supposed to be the first of a trilogy, and it hinted at Shredders return in the next film.

Lets hope it gets made! [/QUOTE

Can't wait for the sequel

exanda kane
Who owns the rights to TMNT these days? Still New Line?

exanda kane
My question is answered: Warner Brothers, who own New Line.

ADarksideJedi
Since from the reviews I heard it pretty much did bomb.jm

Supreme being
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Since from the reviews I heard it pretty much did bomb.jm

whistle TMNT Worldwide: $86,283,131

Minus Dvd sales, what this means is that there more than likely will be a sequel and yes the studio made money.

Supreme being
Happy Dance

ADarksideJedi
That is all it is about.Making money.Instead of making a good movie they think of money.It is no longer what people think it is about the money!jm

Supreme being
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
That is all it is about.Making money.Instead of making a good movie they think of money.It is no longer what people think it is about the money!jm

Pmsl yes well that is their main objective you know money, their a business so at the end of the day its all about money.

Terror of Death
It mahe almost three times what it took to make it. And Warner Bros already said theres a 70-30 chance the sequel will be made. So no, it did not bomb at the box office.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.