What Writer Would You Like To See on Your Favorite Book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Gail Simone is slated to write WW on #13 and onward.

Thank god. Worst. Relaunch. Ever. Even the Flash is marginally better....

Anyhoo, which writer would you like to see on your favorite book?

Juntai
Well, my favorite character is Batman, and it's got Morrison, which is cool in my book.
And JSA is my favorite overall book for the last few years, and it's done by Johns...

So my book are kind of well off. lol.

Validus
I'd like to see Geoff Johns on Green Lantern.

Oh wait.... no expression

Sucks to be a WW fan, eh?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
I'd like to see Geoff Johns on Green Lantern.

Oh wait.... no expression

Sucks to be a WW fan, eh?

laughing out loud

I actually couldn't be bothered with the GL series. But Johns is obviously top notch.

Anyway, Gaiman on The Authority. I want to see The Doctor become the complex, heart-wrenching abstract that he always should be.

geek

manorastroman
though it could be a major, major disaster, i think joss whedon might be able to spruce up hellblazer.

Skeets
Originally posted by manorastroman
though it could be a major, major disaster, i think joss whedon might be able to spruce up hellblazer.
John Ostrander....

manorastroman
yeah, i like what john ostrander has been doing with batman. but i don't think he can write the characteristic wise-ass levity.

Skeets
yeah, i like what john ostrander has been doing with batman. but i don't think he can write the characteristic wise-ass levity.
Constantine appeared in Ostrander's Spectre,for one panel...he was out cold from all the drinking...haermm

I think Ostrander could pull it off.

Juntai
yeah, i like what john ostrander has been doing with batman. but i don't think he can write the characteristic wise-ass levity. Has been doing? He did a couple of filler issues a while back. If you want Ostrander, read Spectre v3.

manorastroman
i have read spectre v3 erm

WrathfulDwarf
Mark Waid on Batman.

Dan Jurgens on GL.

Wishful thinking...

Martian_mind
Michael Oeming on Martian Manhunter

Judd Winick on Red Hood.

One of those two will get an ongoing after Countdown.(I hope)

db_renji
Judd Winick would do great on Nightwing. I would also like to see how Geoff Johns would do on Nightwing.

I also really like Joe Kelly. He has actually made Supergirl one of my favorite books at the moment. I would like to see some of his other work.

Martian_mind
Judd Winick is Jason Todds writer dammit,you Nightwing fans already have Marv Wolfman,don't be selfish stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by db_renji
Judd Winick would do great on Nightwing.
*stifles laughter*

DigiMark007
Grant Ellis should do Spider-Man. It seems anti-thetical to his writing....which is why it would be interesting.

manorastroman
wait...warren ellis?

Symmetric Chaos
JRRTolkien writing for Thor

Skeets
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
JRRTolkien writing for Thor
J.K Rowling,Dr.Strange..13

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Skeets
J.K Rowling,Dr.Strange..13

sick

Juntai
Lets not try to put Winnick on too many more titles. I don't need all my favorite characters running around in gay communities. Plus, after while his saturday morning cartoon style issues get to me. Give me a real writer. He's done a decent job on a couple of storys, I don't really think he's that good.

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Grant Ellis should do Spider-Man. It seems anti-thetical to his writing....which is why it would be interesting.
An amalgam of Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis?

Juntai
An amalgam of Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis? Amalgam writers. Rock.

Skeets
Originally posted by Juntai
Amalgam writers. Rock.
Yeah,Grant Ellis is writing the book that features me and Validus...

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Lets not try to put Winnick on too many more titles. I don't need all my favorite characters running around in gay communities. Plus, after while his saturday morning cartoon style issues get to me. Give me a real writer. He's done a decent job on a couple of storys, I don't really think he's that good.
So true. thumb up

When the hell is Outsiders getting a new writer? Was there really a reason to turn Grace and Thunder into lesbians? no

DigiMark007
An amalgam of Grant Morrison and Warren Ellis?

Damnit. I meant Warren Ellis. They both wrote for Authority (I like Ellis better) so I got them mixed up.

embarrasment

Martian_mind
Give Jonn Oeming back.

Skeets
Didn't Ostrander write MM at one point? was it any good?

UniOmni
It was good.

I'd kill for an acid tripped Grant Morrison on Surfer.

And i'd love for Oeming to write an Orion mini at least.

Simonson back on Thor, and keep Brubaker on DD.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on Nightwing tho, if he could pick him up from the dredges and make him a true noire comic, ala DD.

JMS on BB would be grand.

Grimm22
Brad Metzler on FF would be cool smile

Although, I am enjoying McDuffie's work right now.

And probably Mark Waid on Flash or some other DC book. Anything to get him off Legion of Superheros

Validus
Does nobody pay attention to comic news on this site? ermmnone

Waid isn't on LOSH anymore.

Wally West
I'd like to see Geoff Johns on Nightwing, I'm sure hes said in the past he'd like to do it as well. I'm happy with Marv Wolfman at the moment though, hes fixing what had become a big mess. I definatly wouldn't like to see Judd Winick on Nightwing.

Martian_mind
Jonns old series rocked from what i've heard.Anyone have a torrent or something as currently they''re impossible to get?

marvelprince
McDuffie on Flash and have him write the character how he appeared in JLU. DC had a great opportunity to make a fun-loving Flash and instead we got one who seems more likely to be into cutting himself.

Put Ellis on Outsiders. I don't mind Winnick other than the fact that I have to worry that he'll make a character I like either gay or have AIDS, but seriously other than an appearance by Red Hood and girl on girl action Outsiders hasn't done much.

batdude123
I'd like Waid on Batman's book... but only because he's one of the biggest Batman fanboys on the planet.

His Airness
Omeing writing Thor, or Fallen One would please me.

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
I'd like Waid on Batman's book... but only because he's one of the biggest Batman fanboys on the planet.

Well he does have Batman fighting the Fatal Five shifty

Lucid Lui
Brian K Vaughn on Aquaman.

roughrider
Peter David to tackle Shazam.

Alan Moore to get over his grudges towards Marvel & DC, and tackle the Hulk or Dr. Strange.

Garth Ennis or Mark Millar to take a spin on Thor - there would be some extreme violence and action.

Golden Shower
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Grant Ellis

I suppose he's Frank Moore's cousin, whose the brother in law to Brian Brusiek Bendis whose uncle is Joseph Loeb Stallin. smile

Id love to see Warren Ellis resurrect Miracle man.

Mark Millar doing the J.L.A.

Niel Gaiman and Mike Carey working on the New Gods.

Ommeig on Captain Marvel

Morison on the J.S.A.

Brian Bendis doing Batman .... smile

Ed Brubaker on the T.Bolts

Warren Ellis on Superman

Galan007
Originally posted by Golden Shower
Niel Gaiman and Mike Carey working on the New Gods. droolio

UniOmni
I doubt Gaiman would be any better on the New Gods than he was for the Eternals.

Same mythological background, and it kinda fizzled imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by UniOmni
I doubt Gaiman would be any better on the New Gods than he was for the Eternals.

Same mythological background, and it kinda fizzled imo. I think Gaiman would do really good with that title because he'd probably show us more of the 'true' New Gods, which is something we readers should see a lot more of IMO.

guy222
Originally posted by Draco69
Gail Simone is slated to write WW on #13 and onward.

Thank god. Worst. Relaunch. Ever. Even the Flash is marginally better....

Anyhoo, which writer would you like to see on your favorite book?

LT is #1 for me. I would like to see Starlin do something with LT

willRules
I would like to write a storyline for Nightwing and I would like Jim Lee to do the art yes

Validus
Originally posted by willRules
I would like to write a storyline for Nightwing and I would like Jim Lee to do the art yes
Would you like the book to ever come out?

willRules
Probably not. laughing out loud

............although If one issue was made, that'd be cool, to be the only person to own that issue yes

Skeets
Originally posted by guy222
LT is #1 for me. I would like to see Starlin do something with LT
How can LT be your Favorite when he has no Character?

Validus
How can LT be your Favorite when he has no Character?
Well he does have that awesome head towel. ermmhappy

willRules
With 3 or 4 faces it's not like anyone can ever sneak up on him.......

..........even though he should technically already know, being omniscient and all....................... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
You can't really write a story for the Living Tribunal

Unless you want to read a book about a big guy with a bunch of faces who just sits around all day erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grimm22
You can't really write a story for the Living Tribunal

Unless you want to read a book about a big guy with a bunch of faces who just sits around all day erm

But think of the possibilites for someone who is good at subtlety!

Page 1 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 2 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 3 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 4 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 5 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 6 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 7 LT sits on the cusion thing
etc
etc
etc

But the background is a little different each time.

Then you give it to professional art critics and let them tell you the deep existential dilemias that the comic adresses.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But think of the possibilites for someone who is good at subtlety!

Page 1 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 2 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 3 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 4 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 5 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 6 LT sits on the cusion thing
Page 7 LT sits on the cusion thing
etc
etc
etc

But the background is a little different each time.

Then you give it to professional art critics and let them tell you the deep existential dilemias that the comic adresses.

Well as long as Morrison is writing it and Alex Ross is doing the art, then I suppose its alright shifty stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Would you even need a writer for LT?You'd just need someone to draw him sitting.

Skeets
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Would you even need a writer for LT?You'd just need someone to draw him sitting.
Same thing with MM,instead of him sitting he'll be K.O'd on the floor...ermmhappy

Validus
Same thing with MM,instead of him sitting he'll be K.O'd on the floor...ermmhappy
Each page with a different hero standing triumphantly over his body. ermmhappy

willRules
Like Artie or Leech or Casper the friendly Ghost yes

CasanoVa
BKV and Arian Alphona on Young Avengers.

Why?

'Cause the writing would be better and we wouldn't have to wait until Lost finishes until Vol. 2 started, the art would also be much better IMO, I'm not a fan of Cheung.

endrict
I would like to see Frank miller go all out on the Authority

Skeets
Originally posted by CasanoVa
BKV and Arian Alphona on Young Avengers.

Why?

'Cause the writing would be better and we wouldn't have to wait until Lost finishes until Vol. 2 started, the art would also be much better IMO, I'm not a fan of Cheung. The art was already top notch.Jim Cheung's art is excellent!

Validus
Alphona is a top 5 artist IMO. His improvement during the two volumes of Runaways was pretty immense.

CasanoVa
The art was already top notch.Jim Cheung's art is excellent!

Yeah some of Cheug's art is definetly some of the best around, I agree with you there.. but sometimes it doesn't look too great.

I still think Alphona is better though erm

Skeets
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Yeah some of Cheug's art is definetly some of the best around, I agree with you there.. but sometimes it doesn't look too great.

I still think Alphona is better though erm
Sure he's better,I just thought it was as good as it gets where the art was concerned.
Alphona is a top 5 artist IMO. His improvement during the two volumes of Runaways was pretty immense.
Who are the other 4? Liefeld?13

CasanoVa
Sure he's better,I just thought it was as good as it gets where the art was concerned.

But I guess you do have a point, I don't see any other artist being as definitive and important to YA as Cheung, like how Alphona is to Runaways ('cause well.. Ryan's kinda meh).

Skeets
All this YA talk is making me.....herbcry

Validus

Who are the other 4? Liefeld?13
I only threw out Top 5 as a way to show how good I think Alphona is. That is to say, I couldn't name many more who are better.

My 5 favorite artists (off the top of my head) are probably Alphona, Adam Hughes, Terry Dodson, Frank Cho, and Renato Guedes. I could throw in Ivan Reis, Amanda Conner and Dale Eaglesham too. Phil Jimenez is elite but only when he's on top of his game (i.e. Infinite Crisis #1). Perez will always be classic.

marvelprince
Perez is classic, no doubt.

I like Michael Turner's art, but for covers and posters as his storytelling is a bit stiff.

I'd like to see Oeming take a crack at Hawkman. Benes on art chores.

willRules
Jim Lee and Alex Ross are superb. I think Terry Dodson and Mark Bagley are amazing as well yes

marvelprince
Mark Bagley is classic in my book. Same with Alex Ross. I had a copy of Marvels as a kid and didn't get the painted thing then, but I love it now. Lee is freakin amazing, but a lil slow.

Validus
Lee would be on my list if he could do more than one comic a year. Production counts.

Devil Lance
I only threw out Top 5 as a way to show how good I think Alphona is. That is to say, I couldn't name many more who are better.

My 5 favorite artists (off the top of my head) are probably Alphona, Adam Hughes, Terry Dodson, Frank Cho, and Renato Guedes. I could throw in Ivan Reis, Amanda Conner and Dale Eaglesham too. Phil Jimenez is elite but only when he's on top of his game (i.e. Infinite Crisis #1). Perez will always be classic.

You don't like Nicola Scott or Etha Van Schiver

Validus
Van Sciver is the man at drawing different forms of energy which is why he's the best artist to work on GL. Rebirth wouldn't have been the same without him.

He does some stuff I don't like though, particularly human faces and bodies.

manorastroman
cassaday's my favorite face man. a little cartoony, but very effective.

Juntai
Van Sciver is the man at drawing different forms of energy which is why he's the best artist to work on GL. Rebirth wouldn't have been the same without him.

He does some stuff I don't like though, particularly human faces and bodies. Yep he's good.
I'd like to see Davis get a run at GL some time.

Validus
cassaday's my favorite face man. a little cartoony, but very effective. Yeah, Cassaday is one of the few who can tell a story without help from the writer. thumb up

manorastroman
i've been really enjoying roberto de la torres' work on iron man. with a little improvement he can join whedon on my dream hellblazer, though i have no idea how torres would do magic/grit.

am i crazy for thinking that whedon on hellblazer could be totally amazing? i can see how it would flop, but maybe...juuuuust maybe.

fredstawill
mark miller on pheonix endsong

Blight
Peter David Writing World War Hulk instead of Whoever is writing it currently smile

kenobi
I would love to see Peter Davids art and writing on the JSA title. He would make them all look badass. He would make my favorite character, Wildcat, look great.

tjcoady
I would love to see Grant Morrisson on the Authority..

oh wait, I just want the Authority to start coming out again.

Lucid Lui
Grant Morrison, with Frazer Irving on art, for the Aquaman title. That would likely make for some very interesting reading.

But, as a long term writer on the Aquaman book i'd probably go with Geoff Johns. With Patrick Gleason back on art.

Or, as i think i've already mentiuoned in this thread, Brian K Vaughn writing Aquaman, with Alan Davis on art.

Blight
I'd like to see Peter David return to Aquaman... he was the best sad

Tyrant
Jeph Loeb to bring back Silver Surfer... shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.