'The Pirate's Wolf' New story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SammySparrow
FINALLY a story I WANT to do. I've only written a few sentences,but I've figured out a LOT more. So I'll type it all then write in on paper later. PLEASE tell me if it's good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'The Pirate's Wolf'

White paws barely touched the ground as they swerved through the streets of Port Royal,missing gun shots by inches. Panting,a white wolf turned sharply into an ally way. The Navy just ran by.

'Surely those humans aren' THAT dumb.' She thought,coming out of her hiding spot. She headed back to the docks. It was 2 PM. Which meant it was meal time. Merchant ships where on there way in,and that always meant food.

She headed over to one ship that everyone knew her. Yipping,she hopped up on a barrel. A sailor looked down at her,then back to the deck. "Hey captain! Missy is back!"

The captain headed over a peered down to her. "Aye,so yer back lass!" He called to her. 'Missy' yipped again. The captain came down with a small sack in his hand. He opened in to revel four fishes.

Carefully he slipped them in a pocket she had attached to a stash around her. 'Missy' yipped happily. The captain looked at the other pocket she had. "Ye haven' been to work yet? Then ye better go!" He gave her a fish for lunch then shooed her off.

She headed over to the blacksmith shop. This was how she was known everywhere in town. By delivering swords for William Turner. She slipped through an entry way made just for her and headed over to him.

Will turned and smiled at her. "There you are Snow," The now 'Snow' walked over to a fancy looking sword, "yes girl,that's for Commodore Norrington. And yes,you have to take it."

'Snom' watched him as he put the sword in it's sheath and held it out in front of her. Ears back,she gently took it in between her teeth. Everyone in town seemed to enjoy her except for Norrington,but she wasn't about to do her job wrong. Will opened the door and she started to trot down the street towards the Commodore's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well? What do you all think of it so far?

willofthewisp
Mysterious. For some reason, it reminds me of Hemingway. I'm intrigued, so it's a very attention-grabbing opener. Continue.

SammySparrow
I've never heard of 'Hemingway'...what's it about? And I'll write a little more right now. ^__^

As 'Snow' walked down the street,many stopped and petted her as she walked by. They knew what she was,but nobody ever knew WHERE she was from. Was that why the Commodore didn't like her? Because she has a mysterious past?

When she got to Norrington's house,she stopped and looked at it. It wasn't as big as the Governor's house,but it was a fairly big house. She slowly padded her way up to the porch. She knew that on the other side of that door,was someone who wouldn't think twice of killing her.

Standing on her hind legs,she used her snout to lift the door knocker and let it fall back with a 'thud'. She sat down and looked at the piece of red cloth around the wrist of her paw. Another link to her past.

After waiting a few minutes,she started to think he wasn't there and started to leave before the door opened. She turned and looked up to none other than James Norrington.

Yeah...I have many ideas as to where to go from there....

willofthewisp
I was saying it reminded me of the writings of Ernest Hemingway. He wrote The Old Man and the Sea, and The Sun Also Rises, and Farewell to Arms. He writes very action-oriented, where it's more about what characters do than what they think. Yours is like that so far, which is a good thing!

PirateDiva
i really liked Farewell to Arms!

SammySparrow
I always thought I made HORRIBLE stories. That's why I always start a new one. But this one,I'm sticking with. Now,I have to write down all that I typed.

((WHOA! Serious da ja vu! Seems like I've typed that before. O.O ))

Arachnid1
So far, the story is great. As Willo said, it grabbed my attention and I'm enjoying it. Nice job.

SammySparrow
Thanks. big grin

Arachnid1
Originally posted by SammySparrow
Thanks. big grin

No problem. smile

SammySparrow
Ok,I've written a page more....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.