Black Adam Vs. Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
Adam Warlock has the soul gem.

DigiMark007
Warlock, 6 or 7/10

Slight strength edge might actually go to BA. But Warlock has big-time advantages in skill, energy, and "other" department....no one's ever really shown themselves to be immune to the karmic blast, which severely inhibits cognitive function (or just knocks them out). It's like a nigh-unblockable tp blast. Durability is a push...and I'd make the case for strength as well, but I'd probably take heat for it.

Someone will yell "Soul steal" like it's the answer to everything, but it's doubtful it would work, and he also doesn't need it to win.

King Kandy
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Someone will yell "Soul steal" like it's the answer to everything, but it's doubtful it would work, and he also doesn't need it to win.
I've never seen that attack fail on anyone.

Skeets
Soul steal!

Validus
Soul steal ftw.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
I've never seen that attack fail on anyone.

Who else has he done it to besides the Thanos clone in Infinity Abyss? I'm not a Warlock completist or anything, but I have read a lot of his showings, and I haven't seen him use it except for energy attacks (which he could do with his normal powers anyway).

King Kandy
Who else has he done it to besides the Thanos clone in Infinity Abyss? I'm not a Warlock completist or anything, but I have read a lot of his showings, and I haven't seen him use it except for energy attacks (which he could do with his normal powers anyway).
Two of Magus's minions.
Himself.
The Star Thief (An Abstract level being)
The Thanos clone.
One other guy I can't remember.

Also, The original Thanos was scared of the soul-suck technique.

Skeets
Two of Magus's minions.
Himself.
The Thanos clone.

Reed Richards
The Supreme intelligence.
Inbetweener,iirc.
No one but Warlock and possibly Magus can use it properly,or to it's full potential.

DigiMark007
Two of Magus's minions.
Himself.
The Thanos clone.

Ah, I wasn't counting the "himself" feat. Still, it's not exactly a hit-list of important Marvel people. Star Thief is about the only one that stands out from the crowd.

BA's durability is magical. Something tells me Warlock would have to trump Shazam's power to steal BA's soul.

In any case, like I said, he wins the majority even without the gem. I just dislike the soul steal because it seems cheap, and ignores Warlock's other powers.

Also, Reed Richards?! Maybe it was during Infinity War (the only large Warlock arc I'm unfamiliar with).

draxx_tOfU

he's used the gem to devolve alot of creatures in counter-earth, such as the man-beast to a wolf...

man-beast!

guy222
Adam Warlock has the soul gem.

aw ftw

DigiMark007
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
he's used the gem to devolve alot of creatures in counter-earth, such as the man-beast to a wolf...

man-beast!

Yeah, he did. Cool feat too. I was just referring to the soul steal though.

Skeets
Also, Reed Richards?! Maybe it was during Infinity War (the only large Warlock arc I'm unfamiliar with).
iirc.I'm probably getting it mixed up with the mind gem,unless he did use them both.
Edit:The characters I have listed have used it at one point or another...ermmnone

King Kandy
BA's durability is magical. Something tells me Warlock would have to trump Shazam's power to steal BA's soul.
I seriously doubt that. But even if I take that as true:

Star Thief>BA's enchantment.

draxx_tOfU
Yeah, he did. Cool feat too. I was just referring to the soul steal though.

depending on the writers or his incarnations, the gem's powers seem to be in a flux...

he once turned thanos into a stone with the gem too...

Thanos!!!11!!

DigiMark007
I seriously doubt that. But even if I take that as true:

Star Thief>BA's enchantment.

I don't. But fair enough...it's largely speculation. And I just try to ignore it and focus on other aspects of the fight. After all, it's not like "soul suck" is the first attack he goes for most of the time.

Because "Soul steal ftw" might be true....it just makes for a boring thread. Because otherwise this is a cool fight.

Skeets
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
depending on the writers or his incarnations, the gem's powers seem to be in a flux...

he once turned thanos into a stone with the gem too...

Thanos!!!11!!
That was a one time thing,an attack that I doubt can ever be duplicated.

King Kandy
After all, it's not like "soul suck" is the first attack he goes for most of the time.
It is in the Magus arc...

boriquaking55
I've always felt that Warlock was somewhat overrated since without external help (the soul gem) he was never shown to be as powerful as people seem to think he is. He was just a great planner, just not particularly powerful. Without the gem, he didn't seem even to be herald level. That being said, with the gem he was a monster. Warlock knows how to utilize an infinity gem to it's potential far better than almost anyone else. Adam 10/10.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Skeets
That was a one time thing,an attack that I doubt can ever be duplicated.

sadly, i agree...

but still!!!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I've always felt that Warlock was somewhat overrated since without external help (the soul gem) he was never shown to be as powerful as people seem to think he is. He was just a great planner, just not particularly powerful. Without the gem, he didn't seem even to be herald level. That being said, with the gem he was a monster. Warlock knows how to utilize an infinity gem to it's potential far better than almost anyone else. Adam 10/10.

See, this is the general forum consensus, but it's kinda wrong. Without the gem, Warlock's powers are actually greater than normal. The gem dampens them. He gets a nifty soul-steal attack and an energy blast (which he can do with his own powers if he wants), but everything else is <.

He can, and has, shown himself to be among the top tier of cosmics in fighting skill and power. He's not without some questionable showings, but who isn't?

So strength (he's bested Classic Drax in strength), durability (black hole surviving), teleportation, greater skill than pretty much anyone he faces, karmic blasts (tp-esque), some low-level telepathy, an assortment of random soul-related powers even without the gem, etc. It's all there.

King Kandy
He's actualy done many things with it. In the Magus Vs. Adam fight, he made shields, radiation, all kinds of crazy things.

People shout "SOUL STEAL!" because though he can beat his opponents in a number of ways, that is the quickest and easiest.

boriquaking55
He can, and has, shown himself to be among the top tier of cosmics in fighting skill and power. He's not without some questionable showings, but who isn't?

So strength (he's bested Classic Drax in strength), durability (black hole surviving), teleportation, greater skill than pretty much anyone he faces, karmic blasts (tp-esque), some low-level telepathy, an assortment of random soul-related powers even without the gem, etc. It's all there.

The black hole feat was impressive, but of the rest can be done by even some mid tiers. Adam just utilizes his powers better than most, that's all. And that Drax feat was PIS imo. Adam has never been a class 100, and classic Drax always jobbed anyways.

Evil_Ash
Black Adam rips his face out. shifty

DigiMark007
Originally posted by boriquaking55
The black hole feat was impressive, but of the rest can be done by even some mid tiers. Adam just utilizes his powers better than most, that's all. And that Drax feat was PIS imo. Adam has never been a class 100, and classic Drax always jobbed anyways.

He's got other strengths feats though. The Drax fight isn't the only one. And more than once, he's punked opponents that have bested the entire Infinity Watch. A giant robot called....gah, I forget. Anyway, he trashed the IW, then Warlock solo'd him just by punching the f*ck out of him. It was borderline savage stuff.

Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Black Adam rips his face out. shifty

AW >>>>>>>>>> Psycho-Pirate.

DigiMark007
He's got other strengths feats though. The Drax fight isn't the only one. And more than once, he's punked opponents that have bested the entire Infinity Watch. A giant robot called....gah, I forget. Anyway, he trashed the IW, then Warlock solo'd him just by punching the f*ck out of him. It was borderline savage stuff.

Here we are. Dude's name is Triax....and he had beaten and captured everyone in the IW with little trouble before this fight.

Energy, skill, speed, strength....all there.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vstriax2.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vstriax3.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vstriax4.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vstriax5.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vstriax6.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vstriax7.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vstriax8.jpg

I'm not saing it's proof that he beats BA (but he does). But please, for the love of Pete, stop saying he's a pushover without the gem.

Evil_Ash

AW >>>>>>>>>> Psycho-Pirate.

...Then Man-Beast comes out and curbstomps Namor...erm...Black Adam by pummeling him with Warlock's limbs. 313

King Kandy
Of course, Triax was just a new-man.

draxx_tOfU
Adam also punked Nobilus, a class 100 dude...

His Airness
See, this is the general forum consensus, but it's kinda wrong. Without the gem, Warlock's powers are actually greater than normal. The gem dampens them. He gets a nifty soul-steal attack and an energy blast (which he can do with his own powers if he wants), but everything else is <.

thumb up

guy222
AW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.