Revealing Identity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Shadow Z
Does anyone else hate how all the Batman films, including Begins revealed Batmans identity to the other characters. I mean, how stupid is that? the whole point of Batman is for no-one to know who he is, otherwise there are a lot of loose ends everywhere.

In Begins alone there is three people who found out or just knew who he was, Lucius Fox, Ducard and of course the dopey love interest Rachel Dawes. Dawes knowing who he is sets it perfectly for the TDN to revolve around rescuing her all the time (Spider-man and Superman do this all the time). Ducard, an enemy of Batman, knowing his identity is completely absurd since the ending wasn't clear on whether he did die or not.

I wonder who else he'll reveal the secret to?

NoFate007
Fox is understandable though. Ducard as well. Dawes was a bit forced.

I doubt anybody will know his identity in TDK unless they get killed afterwards.

Superguy
They were understandable, all of them... and you're forgetting Alfred. wink Unless the Joker finds out, I don't see anyone else in TDK...

Lord Shadow Z
Yes Fox is okay because he makes the gadgets and things but Rachel and Ducard? Ducard knowing is stupid because him knowing makes it impossible for him to play any part in the future films being a villian an all.

I just wished they hadn't made it so he subtly told Rachel at the end, it just brought back how Burton and Schumacher made his secret identity not a big deal and just made it seem like he wanted to tell everyone he got involved with. Its just a theme that Nolan should have avoided, but didn't.

Superguy
Ra's knowing it was fine... he's not the dishonourable, stab-you-in-the-back-in-public type...

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Superguy
They were understandable, all of them... and you're forgetting Alfred. wink Unless the Joker finds out, I don't see anyone else in TDK...

I didn't include Alfred for obvious reasons...

I can't see how telling Rachel is understandable, its the same as Keaton revealing it to Vicki Vale and Catwoman, Kilmer to Chase Meridian. It ends up clouding the film and making the film about them and their dynamic. And since a new actress is being cast its highly likely her part will be important in the film.

Ducard is a useless character now, all he has to do is reveal Bruces identity to defeat him, that is of course if he comes back.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Superguy
Ra's knowing it was fine... he's not the dishonourable, stab-you-in-the-back-in-public type...

Well the fact he didn't at the party supports that a bit but it really wasn't done because the films would be over if he did.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Ducard knowing is stupid because him knowing makes it impossible for him to play any part in the future films being a villian an all.

Aside from the fact that there's no immortality, and he's dead? Lol.

Superguy
Well the fact he didn't at the party supports that a bit but it really wasn't done because the films would be over if he did. Yeah, but he didn't walk in and rape and murder everyone Bruce cared for, then just kill him in his sleep or whatever...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Yes Fox is okay because he makes the gadgets and things but Rachel and Ducard? Ducard knowing is stupid because him knowing makes it impossible for him to play any part in the future films being a villian an all.

I just wished they hadn't made it so he subtly told Rachel at the end, it just brought back how Burton and Schumacher made his secret identity not a big deal and just made it seem like he wanted to tell everyone he got involved with. Its just a theme that Nolan should have avoided, but didn't.

Co-signed mad stick out tongue wink

Superherovandal
Ducard is Ra's al Ghul. and the identity wasn't revealed to him. He figured it out on his lonesome. He's a smart man. and he does know Batman's identity in comics. Ra's is the guy that wouldn't reveal your identity even though he knows it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Ducard is Ra's al Ghul. and the identity wasn't revealed to him. He figured it out on his lonesome. He's a smart man. and he does know Batman's identity in comics. Ra's is the guy that wouldn't reveal your identity even though he knows it.

Co-signed

Morridini

Shouldn't be too hard to find out though. The moment a mysterious young rich dude shows up after being presumed dead a masked vigilante shows up to fix the city. You don't exactly need to be Stephen Hawking to get that (not the same happened in Superman Returns, except the being dead part).

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by NoFate007
Aside from the fact that there's no immortality, and he's dead? Lol.

The film didn't clear that up though. He's hurtling towards a building in a train and he calmly closes his eyes as if to say ' I don't care because I won't die'

Lord Shadow Z
He's a smart man. and he does know Batman's identity in comics. Ra's is the guy that wouldn't reveal your identity even though he knows it.

Well that doesn't make him smart then does it?

He gets thwarted by Batman time and time again and doesn't use the one thing that should ensure his victory. Very smart guy indeed.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Morridini
The moment a mysterious young rich dude shows up after being presumed dead a masked vigilante shows up to fix the city.

Yeah, I thought that was too glaringly obvious in Begins.

NoFate007
The film didn't clear that up though. He's hurtling towards a building in a train and he calmly closes his eyes as if to say ' I don't care because I won't die'

He's a normal guy...normal people don't survive the massive explosion and crash of a vehicle that size lol. If it wasn't for the explosion, I would say there's a slight possibility of survival, but that seals the deal. Plus, movies aren't like comics, you aren't going to bring back the same character when you have a lot of other villains like you would with the comics.

As for closing his eyes, I think it was supposed to be taken more as a means of relaxing before his impending death rather than "Look ma, I'll survive with my eyes closed!" lol.

LORDSIDIOUS01

opr
It was not the films purpose or claims to say that Ra's is immortal due to the lazarus pits. As we all saw there was never any mention of them, but we all know that Ra's can return if Chris Nolan goes that route.

Superherovandal
Well that doesn't make him smart then does it?

He gets thwarted by Batman time and time again and doesn't use the one thing that should ensure his victory. Very smart guy indeed.

Considering that Batman is one of the smartest humans that doesn't say alot. and he doesn't reveal Bat's identity cause he has honor. Hell half the smartest villians in comics get thwarted in the end cause they have flaws or they just won't do what is necessary.

jedi90
Considering that Batman is one of the smartest humans that doesn't say alot. and he doesn't reveal Bat's identity cause he has honor. Hell half the smartest villians in comics get thwarted in the end cause they have flaws or they just won't do what is necessary.

the batman in this movie wasn't very smart. his girl rachel did most of the detective work, fox did all the science, and bruce.........he hit things with his fist. all this movie said to me was that anyone with ninja training and a black rubber suit can be batman.

DarkDethbringer
Ithogh thissame thing aboto a week ago. its usually a chick, plus Fox doesnt 'know' hes just basically sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.