Faith Helped Me Through It?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThePittman

Shakyamunison

ThePittman
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Faith helps the survivors only. Well that is a given, I'm talking about the people not directly involved but those around the tragedy.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ThePittman
Well that is a given, I'm talking about the people not directly involved but those around the tragedy.

People also find comfort with a rabbit's foot, or a lucky stone. Belief is the ultimate drug.

leonheartmm
its odd what we mean to say when we say that{or a lot of us} is that faith in god made GOD help us through sumthing. when actually faith gives one the ability to help themselves by believing in an improbable hope for the future or present {compared to ones initial interpretation of the predicament} with which they can concentrate on more positive things then are present at the time. n if they survive the predicament, they can THEN say, faith helped me through it.{oddly enough no1 actually says faith is HELPING ME THROUGH IT RIGHT NOW, its normal always, FAITH HELPED ME THROUGH IT} its just helping urself and not giving up for a non existing reason.

Mindship
Originally posted by ThePittman
Well that is a given, I'm talking about the people not directly involved but those around the tragedy.
I believe one makes a choice, however subtle and subconscious the actual choosing process may be. You either choose to stay in pain, (eg, "I'll never get over this as long as I live!"wink, or you choose to recover, in which case, believing in something bigger than yourself gives a long-term perspective over one's immediate suffering.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
I believe one makes a choice, however subtle and subconscious the actual choosing process may be. You either choose to stay in pain, (eg, "I'll never get over this as long as I live!"wink, or you choose to recover, in which case, believing in something bigger than yourself gives a long-term perspective over one's immediate suffering.

I am so envious. That is what I was trying to say. It sucks to be me sometimes. laughing

Mindship
I am so envious. That is what I was trying to say. It sucks to be me sometimes. laughing Hey, listen: yesterday was your day; today I'm managing to sound like I know something.

Alliance
People also find comfort with a rabbit's foot, or a lucky stone. Belief is the ultimate drug.

People cna magically provide answers to questions they have...namely the "why" question.

Really, if it helps them get over it, more power to them, but I really think there are healthier, more fulfilling ways to address the question.

debbiejo
I am so envious. That is what I was trying to say. It sucks to be me sometimes. laughing eek!

Oh and don't be envious. That's a sin.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
eek!

Oh and don't be envious. That's a sin.

roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm not a Christian. laughing out loud

debbiejo

Storm
I believe that in times of tragedy, people are perfectly capable of finding the strength, courage, and determination to adequately deal with the situation and their emotions within themselves.

Goddess Kali
Faith helps anyone through anything. Whether it's religious Faith, Faith in one self, or Faith on others.

Sometimes, it can be all we have. I do not blame anyone for looking to Faith for answers. I blame people who blame others for not resorting to Faith alone, however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.