Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pressure
Well as for Galactus . . . I'm still not sure. There's a cloud that sucks the life out of planets that some are assuming is Galactus, but I think it may be a tool that he uses and he doesn't actually appear . . . but statement from the studio have been a little cryptic and I'm beginning to become concerned that the cloud is supposed to be him.

Here's a quick summary of the story:

The story opens with the Surfer arriving at Earth and buzzing some Japanese fisherman solidifying a lake they were fishing on.

As he passes Latveria, Doom's eyes open beneath his mask (he is in his castle). Later a welder cuts the mask on the sides and then he rips it off, scarring his face.

Meanwhile the FF are preparing for the wedding. The first third of the movie is them preparing for the wedding and Reed noticing the strange occurences related to the Surfer.

The military (Led by a tough general) show up and ask Reed for his help in figuring out why this silver alien is flying all over the globe creating silver craters. Reed refuses initially because he wants to focus on the wedding (this was their 5th attempt, they kept being interrupted by emergencies). Eventually he agrees to help out and creates some monitors to try to track the Surfer's movements.

As the wedding is beginning Reed sees the Surfer approaching on his scanners, and the wedding is interrupted by the Surfer's arrival. The storm surrounding the Surfer causes a helicopter to crash the FF jump into action to prevent any wedding guests from being hurt. Johnny takes off and chases after the Surfer in the scene we saw in the trailer.

Doom tracks down the Surfer who basically kicks his ass disassembling his molecules and reassembling them.

Reed then figures out a pattern to the Surfers movements. He also figures out that everywhere the Surfer goes, planets die 8 days later. They head to the London Eye to meet up with him. The London eye is nearly toppled when the Surfer arrives, and it's all the FF can do to try to prevent complete destruction and chaos. That should be a pretty big scene.

After the failure to stop the Surfer there, Doom shows up and offers his help. The FF obviously don't want it, but the general tells Reed to work with him.

They realize that the surfer is being fed his power from his board and they work a plan to seperate him from it.

Sue meets the Surfer in the Black Forrest where they are setting up their plan to take his powers. Sue asks him why he wants to destroy the planet, and he says it isn't him, but before he can say much more, Doom and the military attack. The Surfer easily deflects their missiles and pretty much destroys the military, but then Reed manages to seperate him from the board so he loses his power.

The military hauls the Surfer away and the FF, Doom and the Surfer all end up at an Arctic base. Doom steals the board and the Surfers power and takes off to take over the world (seemingly not realizing that the world may not be around much longer). The FF and (de-powered) Surfer hop in the Fantasticar to try to stop him. As they are chasing him, he uses the power cosmic to throw parts of mountains, parts of the Great Wall of China etc. at them.

The Fantasticar crashes and the planet eating swarm (possibly the tool of a more traditional Galactus, but not specifically stated as such in this story) begins to devour the earth. Reed comes up with a special way to defeat Doom (it's complicated and related to a special earlier detail, so I'll leave how he does that as a surpruse).

Doom is defeated and falls in the water, but when the Surfer gets. The surfer gets his board and power back and leads the swarm away. It's implied that he'll pay a price for that, but we probably won't find out about that until there's a sequel (either FF or SS).

Sue and Reed finally get married in a quick ceremony. . . but need to rush out to battle a giant Monster that's attacking Paris.

These Spoilers are straight From the Novel.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Pressure
Well as for Galactus . . . I'm still not sure. There's a cloud that sucks the life out of planets that some are assuming is Galactus, but I think it may be a tool that he uses and he doesn't actually appear . . . but statement from the studio have been a little cryptic and I'm beginning to become concerned that the cloud is supposed to be him.

The story opens with the Surfer arriving at Earth and buzzing some Japanese fisherman solidifying a lake they were fishing on.

As he passes Latveria, Doom's eyes open beneath his mask (he is in his castle). Later a welder cuts the mask on the sides and then he rips it off, scarring his face.

Meanwhile the FF are preparing for the wedding. The first third of the movie is them preparing for the wedding and Reed noticing the strange occurences related to the Surfer.

The military (Led by a tough general) show up and ask Reed for his help in figuring out why this silver alien is flying all over the globe creating silver craters. Reed refuses initially because he wants to focus on the wedding (this was their 5th attempt, they kept being interrupted by emergencies). Eventually he agrees to help out and creates some monitors to try to track the Surfer's movements.

As the wedding is beginning Reed sees the Surfer approaching on his scanners, and the wedding is interrupted by the Surfer's arrival. The storm surrounding the Surfer causes a helicopter to crash the FF jump into action to prevent any wedding guests from being hurt. Johnny takes off and chases after the Surfer in the scene we saw in the trailer.

Doom tracks down the Surfer who basically kicks his ass disassembling his molecules and reassembling them.

Reed then figures out a pattern to the Surfers movements. He also figures out that everywhere the Surfer goes, planets die 8 days later. They head to the London Eye to meet up with him. The London eye is nearly toppled when the Surfer arrives, and it's all the FF can do to try to prevent complete destruction and chaos. That should be a pretty big scene.

After the failure to stop the Surfer there, Doom shows up and offers his help. The FF obviously don't want it, but the general tells Reed to work with him.

They realize that the surfer is being fed his power from his board and they work a plan to seperate him from it.

Sue meets the Surfer in the Black Forrest where they are setting up their plan to take his powers. Sue asks him why he wants to destroy the planet, and he says it isn't him, but before he can say much more, Doom and the military attack. The Surfer easily deflects their missiles and pretty much destroys the military, but then Reed manages to seperate him from the board so he loses his power.

The military hauls the Surfer away and the FF, Doom and the Surfer all end up at an Arctic base. Doom steals the board and the Surfers power and takes off to take over the world (seemingly not realizing that the world may not be around much longer). The FF and (de-powered) Surfer hop in the Fantasticar to try to stop him. As they are chasing him, he uses the power cosmic to throw parts of mountains, parts of the Great Wall of China etc. at them.

The Fantasticar crashes and the planet eating swarm (possibly the tool of a more traditional Galactus, but not specifically stated as such in this story) begins to devour the earth. Reed comes up with a special way to defeat Doom (it's complicated and related to a special earlier detail, so I'll leave how he does that as a surpruse).

Doom is defeated and falls in the water, but when the Surfer gets. The surfer gets his board and power back and leads the swarm away. It's implied that he'll pay a price for that, but we probably won't find out about that until there's a sequel (either FF or SS).

Sue and Reed finally get married in a quick ceremony. . . but need to rush out to battle a giant Monster that's attacking Paris.

It sounds really good looking forward to seeing the surfer in action.

steverules
I guess this means we'll be seeing Doom again

Endless Mike
What I really don't like is how these movies make people have so many misconceptions about the comics they're based on. Now I bet we'll see people who haven't read any comics saying that Surfer is powerless without his board.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What I really don't like is how these movies make people have so many misconceptions about the comics they're based on. Now I bet we'll see people who haven't read any comics saying that Surfer is powerless without his board.

Yeah thats an idea i have a problem with surfers board being the source of his power, it makes him more venerable which is just plain annoying.

Pressure
Its a very intelligent way of how they stop doom.

LORDSIDIOUS01

Sounds cool, I hope all this is actually in the film.

Hitman911
In the book, Sue dies. But SS brings her back. This movie wil suck.
They make SS a total wuss and Galactus is a cloud.furious super lamesadwalk

Wolfie
I probably shouldn't have read all that 'cause I just ruined the movie for myself. But the book didn't explain how Dr. Doom came out from the cargo ship at the end of the first one?
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I've already had to explain to many friends why the FF are fighting the Surfer. They were all like, "Isn't he supposed to be a good guy?"

LORDSIDIOUS01

I don't believe in Movie nonelizations. Besides don't you see most of this during the FF trailers?

llagrok
Sounds disappointing.

Ouallada
I am underwhelmed. Seriously underwhelmed.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
FF2 should make a ton of dough.

deathbunnyman
I dont see anything wrong with this movie.

In X3 they made Juggernaut and Phoenix total wusses but it was one of the best ever comic movies for me

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Hitman911
In the book, Sue dies. But SS brings her back. This movie wil suck.
They make SS a total wuss and Galactus is a cloud.furious super lamesadwalk He been basically a wuss in the comics. He has always been a pacifist fighting only when necessary.

ssj_naraku

Just got back from the midnight showing and yeah this stuff is 100% true. All in all good movie just galactus was VERY dissapointing.

ssj_naraku
Sorry ****ed up that post anyways just got back from the midnight showing and yea this stuff is right. All in all good movie, just that galactus was VERY dissapointing.

stunna1774
Yeah I saw it opening night and I didn't like what they did with Galactus.

Juntai

Power Cosmic
Im big SS fan and the movie really does dog him.....and i WAS looking forward to seeing Galactus in the movie but again my expectations were too high.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I can't wait to see SS.

MightyEInherjar
I was just looking forward to SS beating some ass, or at least using the power cosmic...you know, instead of "siphoning energy from his board."

That was ****ing ridiculous.

So what, Surfers board is the new Mjolnir? Please.

All Surfer does is knock Doom on his ass ONCE, fly away, eventually blow up some MLRS knock-offs, and get his ass tortured. I came to this damn movie decked out in my SS attire, and left embarassed for one of my favorite characters.

Oh well...?

StarsNeverFall7
You've got to remember first appearence of Surfer, and they are doing a triology to cover the coming of galactus arc. So it would just be silly to have surfer and big G go on a complete wrecking mission.

You really can't complain about the way galactus was done...why? Have you taken into account of how well people would take to a 28ft tall pink and purple planet eater? Looks good in the comics, on the big screen...a bit different story.

Surfer and the board link was done to actually give them some weakness other wise he would of went through just wrecking them constantly which would of made a boring movie.

All in all, it's sadly one of the better comic book movies. Leaps and bounds better than Spider-Man 3

Marko
I loved galactus! Very pleased with how he was represented!

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
You really can't complain about the way galactus was done...why? Have you taken into account of how well people would take to a 28ft tall pink and purple planet eater? Looks good in the comics, on the big screen...a bit different story.
They solved that in the Ultimate Alliance game.
http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/galactus_head.jpg
I saw a full body shot on some video on youtube. He looked far less corny but still badass.

Mostly agreed. It was an understandable change. Otherwise the movie would of had to of been very philosophical.

Jebus reborn
I like how Stan Lee got rejected to go to get into the wedding...
laughing out loud

StarsNeverFall7
Yeah but even in ultimate alliance, to anyone that isn't in the comic book fan base, he's still a bit fruity looking with the in game part being pink and purple. He's just flamboyant lol.

I think the way it was shown in the movie was a bit more intimidating and built suspense for if he shows his face in the 3rd movie..

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
laughing out loud
Yeah, that was comical.

ragesRemorse
stan lee's little cameo's annoy the shit out of me. I for one cant stand stan lee, even a ten second scene of him is to much for me to handle. This guy is worse than gene simmons and george lucas when it comes to exploiting the fans. Yeah, the guy came up with some interesting idea's and stole a few more, why the **** do comic fans suck his dick with a smile though?

fanboy 1988
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
laughing out loud

That was pretty funny.

Galan007
Check out this scan from an "Ultimate Extinction" comic:

http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1179658/rr1.jpg

Did you find anything Reed said, kind of familiar? ermmvin

Validus
laughing out loud

tdawg14
I actually thought the movie was pretty good. Surfer was powered down a little too much but it is the FFs movie so they have to have a fighting chance. You could see the shadow of Galactus helmet on the planet in that one scene.

meep-meep

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Galan007

It doesn't seem to have the same impact when Reed looks like an adult Harry Potter.

meep-meep

It's funny how in the 1st panel the artist makes Reed look pretty ripped and strong. But then when you get the last panel he looks like he's 125 pds soaking wet.

Galan007
Originally posted by tdawg14
You could see the shadow of Galactus helmet on the planet in that one scene. Kind of like you can in this scan?:

http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1179743/g1.jpg

Except that's the Ultimate Universe's version of Galactus, . smile

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It doesn't seem to have the same impact when Reed looks like an adult Harry Potter. Originally posted by meep-meep
It's funny how in the 1st panel the artist makes Reed look pretty ripped and strong. But then when you get the last panel he looks like he's 125 pds soaking wet. laughing out loud

I hear ya guys...

I just think it's funny how similar some things in the movie were to the Ultimate Universe's version of these characters... confused

For instance, not only does the above scan , bare a striking similarity to how Galactus was portrayed in the movie,

But these next scans of Ultimate Surfer literally emerging from his board, are almost identical to how he was depicted in the movie:

http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1179744/ss1.jpg http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1179745/ss2.jpg

hmm

Supreme being

Well Tim Story did state they took some stuff from Ultimate Extinction so no surprises there.

Galan007
Originally posted by Supreme being
Well Tim Story did state they took some stuff from Ultimate Extinction so no surprises there. Well that explains things a bit then. vin

Darth Vicious
A bit? ALl he needed was Sam Jackson and it wouldve been the same!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.