Finale of IMAX OotP to be 3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
Warner Bros. has announced that the last 20 minutes of the Order of the Phoenix movie will be three-dimensional when it appears in IMAX theaters this July. This is exciting news for fans, as the closing scenes of the film will be of the thrilling Ministry of Magic battle.

WB says, "The last 20 minutes in IMAX 3D will add a new element of excitement to the Harry Potter experience, making this a must-see for fans of all ages. We're looking forward to a long and very successful run."

The IMAX Co-Chairmen mentioned, "We couldn't be happier to help bring this Harry Potter film to life in a new way. IMAX theatres are the only place to experience this year's most anticipated movies in the world's most immersive format, and we anticipate that moviegoers will want to enjoy Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix featuring scenes in IMAX 3D more than once."

Courtesy Mugglenet

I don't think I'll be going to see this - I want to be able to enjoy the cinematography and everything else without the distraction of 3D. I dunno though, as it's the battle scene it would be rather exciting to have all the spells flying around everywhere... and the atrium fountain exploding. Okay, yeah, I might have just changed my mind there. That would be freakin' awesome to have Voldy on one side of you, and Harry or Dumbledore on the other! GAH!!

Neha
shock

H. S. 6
I wish the Dome IMAX near me didn't make me feel dizzy/sick...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.