Top 5 of the Sith and Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
But NOT in terms of their powers in The Force...or their lightsaber abilities.

Who are the top 10 of both the Jedi and Sith in terms of knowledge;; be it tactical, philosophical, political... They demonstrated real brains and/or cunning.

Explain your answers.

Spidervlad
Yoda

Sidious

NJO Luke

Darth Revan

Obi-Wan (Non PT era)

Those are the top 5. Thought i'm not sure about Obi-Wan... I wanted to put Mace but I don't think he has that much knowledge of philosophy or political.

vader11
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Yoda

Sidious

NJO Luke

Darth Revan

Obi-Wan (Non PT era)

Those are the top 5. Thought i'm not sure about Obi-Wan... I wanted to put Mace but I don't think he has that much knowledge of philosophy or political. Bane, Exar Kun, Mace, Dooku also...

Tangible God
Wow, how do you measure intelligence in these guys?

Palpatine (C'mon, it's obvious).

Traya (C'mon, it's Palpatine's clone).

Luke (Don't have the specifics, but bringing together the Jedi again, being one of the key players in forming the New Republic and helping it survive throughout its messy early run).

Dooku (Great political charisma, he was deceived himself, but damn he had skill).

Revan (It takes skill doing what he did).

jollyjim311
"Vader's influence was incredibly strong; it seemed to Luke like a thing alive."

Vader had the skills, but he preferred choking people.

Count Makashi
Sidous. (its obvious, he had a perfect plan, which he fulfilled, to achieve his goals, played the Jedi for fools, the most cunning, intelligent....)

Revan. ( Probably the best tactical, strategy person ever of Jedi and Sith, singlehandedly responsible for defeating the Mandolorians)

Yoda.(OT) (In the OT, he is the wisest person in SW universe, he learned from his mistakes in the PT, helped Luke to become a great Jedi...)

NJO Luke (Rebuild the Jedi again from scrap, great leader, defeated the lure of the Dark Side...)

Dooku. ( Worlds and systems wore just giving them self to his cause, very intelligent and the most charismatic person in the Sw universe, who always had an extra card to play, a plan b, c.. if something went wrong(except in ROTS), described as the consumed planer...)

overlord
All jedi came across quite ignorent in the prequels in my opinion. wink

Gideon
Well, this is actually a wide topic to discuss. One could interpret 'philisophical' knowledge into insight, in which case, it could be argued that Qui-Gon Jinn was - by far - the greatest of the Jedi Order. Knowledge could translate to "deepest" knowledge, in which case Yoda and Sidious are the top two; or it could translate to "varied", in which case Jacen takes the cake. Then we have people like Traya, Revan, and Luke who are extremely knowledgeable themselves.

In terms of overall intellect, I'd say the list would go as follows:

1. Palpatine
2. Traya
3. Revan
4. Dooku
5. Lumiya

Palpatine and Revan (as well as Traya, I suppose) apply for pretty much all categories.

Qui-Gon Jinn is ahead of the pack (at least in the Jedi's case) by miles, followed by Yoda and Luke.

Jacen? Perhaps, but he's a trifle deluded as well.

So, hard to say.

exanda kane
I'm not sure whether Luke should qualify.

Of course, he performed great feats in the EU, as mentioned above, but because he is a leader, not because of some innate sense of the political spectrum, or inexplicable ability to orchestrate a master plan similar to Sidious' coup, or tactical skill akin to Revan's. Luke's success seem to be a result of his determination, his destiny, that little Skywalker charm to avoid fatal accidents narrowly and his allies.

That is not to say he isn't possibly one of the greasest Jedi masters of all time, but he lacks the sheer integrity of Sidious or daring of Revan.

midgeontheweb
what about mace windu!?!? Mace is just thee best! Hes the leader of the jedi order and council, yerr so what if Yoda most powerful...mace was able to defeat sidious! but oh anikin just HAD to come! grrrr, but did you see Yoda defeat Sidious, me no thinks so! haha Mace is just the best...'this partys over!'

overlord
Mace Window got electrocuted out of the window, he's dead.

Darth Hord
Mace was NOT the leader of the jedi order.

IOU
im surprised nobodys mentioned odan urr yet; his knowledge likely surpassed even Yodas

from the power of the jedi sourcebook:

"Odan-Urr, Keeper of Antiquities

until the jedi purge, the teachings of the jedi master odan urr formed a foundation for the jedi code. odan urr didn't write the code, but he spent much of his time studying ancient texts and artifacts and meditating on the force. master odan urr lived for many centuries, during which time he pored over manuscripts at the library of ossus and presided over jedi assemblies. his insights into the will of the living force were taught for millenia after his passing."

we also know that he was an outright master of such great techniques like battle meditation and the wall of light attack, so based on all the stuff above, its likely his knowledge of the force exceeded possibly any and every other known jedi ever

the potj sourcebook also gives Odan a figure of 21 in the knowledge of jedi lore statistic, whereas yoda is only given a figure of 16.

ThoraxeRMG
Jedi
Revan
Anakin Skywalker
Yoda
Luke Skywalker
Odan-urr

Sith
Darth Revan
Darth Sidious
Darth Bane
Darth Traya
Dooku

Gideon
Here we go again... Darth Sidious > Darth Revan in intelligence and cunning.

One of them a.) conquered the galaxy, b.) toppled the Republic, c.) dissolved the Jedi Order, d.) created the most powerful military regime in galactic history. The other one attempted and failed to do all four. He's one of the smartest, but Sidious is head and shoulders above him.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Gideon
Here we go again... Darth Sidious > Darth Revan in intelligence and cunning.

One of them a.) conquered the galaxy, b.) toppled the Republic, c.) dissolved the Jedi Order, d.) created the most powerful military regime in galactic history. The other one attempted and failed to do all four. He's one of the smartest, but Sidious is head and shoulders above him.

Huh? I didn't place my list in ranks!

darthpayne
Sidious
yoda
Traya
Revan
Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.