Sagat vs Geese Howard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
The King of Southtown versus The Emperor of Muay Thai.

There is a kickboxing tournament being held in Southtown. Of course, Southtown's resident kickboxers, Joe Higashi, Hwa Jai and King are competing.

Unfortunately, the tournament has a unexpected guest. The three kickboxers turn to the entrance, where Sagat, dressed in a pair of cargo pants and a hooded coat made his entrance, the general thought that was going through Joe, Jai and King's minds were "Oh, shit."

Sagat has entered the tournament, and showed why he is the Emperor. Hwa Jai wasn't a challenge. Joe was too cocky, but King reminded him of Adon when he was his pupil and not his enemy.

However, Geese Howard has heard of Sagat's appearance in Southtown and decides that he would be a good addition to his organizarion. He sends Sagat an invitation, to which Sagat refuses, saying that he serves no one.

Geese doesn't like it when people refuse him, so he challenges Sagat to a match inside Geese Tower, which Sagat accepts.

Sado22
TIGER TOSS OF BUILDING!!

lol. but no actually, i think it;ll be a good fight. however, i think Geese takes it on the account of having great reversals, various projectiles, being one who has the strength of a full fledge demon by the time he was only 26 (official bio in AoF2), master of various martial arts, and overwhelming power.
if Sagat, could be beaten by a screaming queer like Adon then so can Geese who surpasses Adon by leaps and bounds of the Hulk.
for those inclined to bring up why Terry beat Geese....well, terry had his speed going for him. Sagat isn't "blindingly fast" as Terry and hence he goes down.

Raging Storm......and we have Tiger-laid-the-f-out

~Sado

shin_remy
it is annoying to hear in every topic like

ryu is beaten by .......
terry is beaten by......
Bison is beaten by.....
Sagat is beaten by....
Geese is beaten by.....
Ken is beaten by...
Bison is beaten by...

So Sagat lost to Adon so Geese can kick Sagat's ass!!???? that is what you are saying. That is how you debat in every thread there is.

IT is the same likedebating like this :

Terry beated Geese. And Terry rivals to Ryu. So Ryu can beat Geese too. And Sagat beats Ryu so Sagat can also beat Geese.

OR it goes like :

ooh makoto can put up a fight against Ryu soo Sakura can beat the crap out of Ryu b^$@*I@B BS

olympian
FF Terry would likely have the edge on Ryu apart from the higher showings, man.

Sado22
shinremy, my main points were in the first paragraph. i mentioned his power, moves, reversals, experience, etc. Those were my main points. i was just pointing out that while Geese has never lost to anyone besides Terry, Sagat was even bested by someone like Adon.

hey sensei! haven't see you in a while! were have you been? another pilgrimmage for the ultimate pwnage secrets?

~Sado

olympian
Always. Thats what vacations are for, grasshoper!

big grin

brainchild81
Capcom speaks of Sagat being severely distracted when he fought Adon. As much as I like Geese(obviously mor than SNK does), Sagat would likely beat the mess outta him because Geese seems to do nothing but lose all the time.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by shin_remy

ryu is beaten by .......
terry is beaten by......
Bison is beaten by.....
Sagat is beaten by....
Geese is beaten by.....
Ken is beaten by...
Bison is beaten by...

So Sagat lost to Adon so Geese can kick Sagat's ass!!???? that is what you are saying. That is how you debat in every thread there is.

Terry beated Geese. And Terry rivals to Ryu. So Ryu can beat Geese too. And Sagat beats Ryu so Sagat can also beat Geese.

OR it goes like :

ooh makoto can put up a fight against Ryu soo Sakura can beat the crap out of Ryu b^$@*I@B BS

laughing

Remulous
Sagat wins.

Kazenji
Sagat

Finishes geese off with his Tiger Genocide

Sado22
what has Sagat done to show that he can beat Geese.
If Geese is a jobber, what is Sagat?
besides saying Geese will lose cuz he jobbed Terry is the real dumbass way of thinking.

~Sado

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22

besides saying Geese will lose cuz he jobbed Terry is the real dumbass way of thinking.

blink I've never said that.

olympian
Hes talking about a smart mouse who wants to rule the world but has backward logic.

Sado22
confused i wasn't talking to you kazenji.

hysterical
Sensei is as good as ever!

~Sado
P.S. i still surpassed you
*rips off prayer beads from olympian's neck and wears them*

Remulous
Sagat is ahead of Terry, who beat Geese several times.

Sado22
.....because Sagat always got his ass kicked around since SF1 and hasn't done anything but take dives and get raped by the likes of Ryu of SF1 and wussy Adon, eh remulus?

get real, remulus. Sagat hasn't done crap to even show a glimpse of hope of ever beating Terry who, jobbing or not, has taken down godtiers and really hightiers.

say whatever you want, but both you and I know that Sagat hasn't done anything and you know it. Terry>>Sagat. period.

~Sado

Xenogears
If Sagat, could be beaten by a screaming queer like Adon then so can Geese who surpasses Adon by leaps and bounds of the Hulk.LMFAO

Remulous
.....because Sagat always got his ass kicked around since SF1 and hasn't done anything but take dives and get raped by the likes of Ryu of SF1 and wussy Adon, eh remulus?

get real, remulus. Sagat hasn't done crap to even show a glimpse of hope of ever beating Terry who, jobbing or not, has taken down godtiers and really hightiers.

say whatever you want, but both you and I know that Sagat hasn't done anything and you know it. Terry>>Sagat. period.

~Sado Sagat only lost twice and at least there were reasons for his loses, Geese got his ass kicked every rip. Adon aint a wuss, not to mention Sagat put him in the hospital and did it while he was still injured from the METSU Shoryuken. Geese has done nothing but get is ass spanked since day one, eh Sado.

You need to get real, Terry has done nothing to show he has what it takes to beat Sagat, he whups Geese and Kruaser over and over. Whoopty f**kin do. Other than Rugal and Orochi, no SNK boss has what it takes to hang with the SF bosses so that argument is dead.

Now let's see...
Sagat being crowned God of Muay Thai in his teens.
Basically Toyed around with Psycho Ryu.
Surviving the Metsu Shoryuken, a technique that kills with nearly every use.
Being 2nd in the Four Heavenly Kings of Shadoloo.
Capcom Basically saying Ryu won by cheap shot which means Sagat was stronger and Ryu can lift several tons and dodge bullets not to mention him being as strong if not stronger then Alpha Gouki and Sagat is still stronger then that.

Geese nor Terry stands an ice cubes chance in hell.
Ryu probably can't take Sagat.
Step back into reality Sado.

StyleTime
Not commenting on the fight, but uh.....Geese loses a LOT.

Emperor Ashtar
Sagat lost once to Evil Ryu, and than beats RYU arse in Alpha 3. Geese lost twice, has no feats and is even important anymore.

Sado22
i hate people when they act like they decide where an argument should go and where it shouldnt. especially since the person himself has no freakin clue how something will turn up.
so remulus, stop telling me stuff like "no SNK boss has what it takes to hang with the SF bosses so that argument is dead" because you know its bull and fanboyish to pass such a comment. not to mention you are failing to mention:
Goenitz
Zero
Igniz (who is in fact stronger than Orochi)
Orochi New Face team who were even stronger than Geonitz

stop making it sound like Terry breezed past Geese. Geese was pounding Terry for almost the entire fight and finally Terry's preserverence saw him through. but wait, that's jobbing. my @$$. like having a godtier run away isn't (bison running away). Darko insists that it was becuase he was shocked...and frankly that doesn't make it any better either.

what was Sagat's reason for losing to Adon. oh wait, he was upset. like that's an explanation. get real. what kind of explanation is that anyway?!
and by the way, the time he fought Adon he was more healed.
and i am sick and tired of people telling me that since Geese is a jobber (only he isn't) it means he loses. At least Geese has won his share of fights. He raped Jeff Bogard who was even better than Takuma. Geese beat Jeff perfect. By the age of 26 Geese had the power of a demon...and he's only gotten stronger since. what are Sagat's feats?
yeah he got his eye ripped out by Dan's father. he lost to Evil Ryu's cheap tactics. he lost again to Adon. the only thing he has ever done is beat SFA3 Psycho Ryu...which isn't saying much since Emp insists that it was because Ryu wasn't even being himself.darko also passed his "scientific" treatise on the thing and insists that ryu wasted a lot of his potential fighting against it.
(emp, it wasn't too long ago that you were insisting that Sagat beating Pscyho Ryu wasn't too much of a big deal because Ryu wasn't being himself...so why the change of heart now?)

no let me make this easier. what has sagat done to make you feel that geese doesn't stand a chance? is Sagat as powerful as a demon? no.
Sagat is a master of ONE from of martial arts. Geese has mastered numerous. Geese has power, reversals, throws, submission holds and was able to survive against a man whose EVERY PUNCH scarred his body (for those who didn't know). Sagat was laid the F out with just one move. pansy. just one scar and he is laid out. he couldn't even beat someone HALF his size (Adon) and just cuz he was upset isn't an excuse.

people here seem to have a problem accepting facts. long time back emperor insisted that Jin beating Kaz and Hachi was them jobbing. however, that's not what the canon story sees. the story means that Jin is better than them both and since he beat them its up to us to accept it and live with it (not jabbing at ya, emp!)

Ryu makes bison runaway and that isn't jobbing. but wait, Terry beating nongodtier Geese in FF1 is jobbing? how? apparently any feat by a non SF character is just jobbing. ryu beats highteir Akuma but that isn't jobbing. Terry beats hightier Krauser and that's jobbing. stop the fanboyism people.

this isn't Capcom Styletime. heroes of SNK tend to win every once in a while...much heroes of other games.
and for the record:
Geese has beaten Jeff Bogard, all his previous bosses, Mr. Big, Yamazaki (in KoF97, apparently since he isn't dead and Zaki was there to kill him and get his money), he is known to be better than Takuma, he was pwning Ryo even though he was merely toying around with him (he lost but even then it was only because he tried to counter the ryuku renbu with deadly rave...but Ryo's speed was greater). so please.

what has Sagat done:

does it beat being the strongest fighter in the world and being one of the biggest mobsters. didn't think so?

that's bull. he wasn't toying around with him and you know it.

lots of moves of ansatsuken are "killing moves" only they never actually killed anyone. so...no feat.

laughing he's a lacky dog to Bison...how is that a feat?

Terry can dodge bullets too, in fact he can take on heavily armed assualt teams on his own and in fact get kicks out of it. argument one pwned.
Terry can overtrun trucks and cars with his burn knuckle which isn't even his strongest move. Ryu could pick up a boulder and it was most likely after some training with Oro.
oh...and what makes you think Terry can't do it? pick up boulders?

Terry took on hightiers and beat them. Sagat took on people way below his league and lost.
Terry took on godtiers and beat them, jobbing or not. Sagat can't even beat someone who is not in his league.
Terry took shots from THINGS like Krauser and Nightmare Geese, returned the favor and won. Sagat took one hit and was laid out by E.Ryu.
Terry took on things like Grant and won. Sagat...i dno't want to repeat myself.

and you were saying something about reality and stepping into it?roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sagat lost once to Evil Ryu, and then beats a possessed Ryu's arse in Alpha3, lost to Adon, has no feats accpet for taking dives and isn't even in SF anymore.
there fixed it for youwink

~Sado

Remulous
i hate people when they act like they decide where an argument should go and where it shouldnt. especially since the person himself has no freakin clue how something will turn up.
so remulus, stop telling me stuff like "no SNK boss has what it takes to hang with the SF bosses so that argument is dead" because you know its bull and fanboyish to pass such a comment. not to mention you are failing to mention:
Goenitz
Zero
Igniz (who is in fact stronger than Orochi)
Orochi New Face team who were even stronger than Geonitz

It's true , until you realize this, I see no point in taking things further after this post.

stop making it sound like Terry breezed past Geese.

Stop making it seem like Ryu and Adon breezed past Sagat.

what was Sagat's reason for losing to Adon. oh wait, he was upset. like that's an explanation. get real. what kind of explanation is that

It's better then having the "Almighty Boss" get his ass blatantly whuped all the fricken time.

and by the way, the time he fought Adon he was more healed.

No he wasn't
At least Geese has won his share of fights. He raped Jeff Bogard who was even better than Takuma. Geese beat Jeff perfect. By the age of 26 Geese had the power of a demon...and he's only gotten stronger since.

We don't even know how strong jeff is, and that was the old normal Takuma. And a demon does not compare to being God of Muay Thai in his teens, so it looks like the Grim Reaper has gotten to that argument.

what are Sagat's feats?

Since you wanna use Jeff and Takuma, I can say Sagat beat Gou and is better than Ryu.

he lost again to Adon.

laughing He only lost to Adon once, where do you get you facts from?!

no let me make this easier. what has sagat done to make you feel that geese doesn't stand a chance? is Sagat as powerful as a demon? no.

Demon is so vague, demons can be weaker then Dan, so it looks like this argument is on the receiving end of a class A homicide.

Sagat is a master of ONE from of martial arts. Geese has mastered numerous. Geese has power, reversals, throws, submission holds and was able to survive against a man whose EVERY PUNCH scarred his body (for those who didn't know).

Doesn't matter how many arts you know, it's about how well you fight, seems some one has drowned that argument.

Sagat was laid the F out with just one move. pansy. just one scar and he is laid out. he couldn't even beat someone HALF his size (Adon) and just cuz he was upset isn't an excuse.

Beats the hell out of getting your ass kicked by the same guy single handedly in every game you appear in and with no strings attached...plastic fake ass wannabe crime boss, Geese needs to sit his old ass down...wait, no need to sit, he's dead.

does it beat being the strongest fighter in the world and being one of the biggest mobsters. didn't think so?

Hell of alot better then being as strong as a demon.laughing

that's bull. he wasn't toying around with him and you know it.

No it's not, Sagat pulled punches, he wanted to fight the real Ryu.
In order to argue against, you have to know some of these things, Sado.

lots of moves of ansatsuken are "killing moves" only they never actually killed anyone. so...no feat.

Ha...seems to me they kill every body except Gen, who knows it as well, Sagat it was Ryu's 1st time using it.
Now let's see who it did kill...
Adon probably
Gill, although he has the power to resurrect
Gen probably
Bison
Gouken
Goutetsu
and countless other unnamed fighters.
That's a hole lot better then any Fatal Fury boss. Seems to me that your argument has been terminated, royally.

laughing he's a lacky dog to Bison...how is that a feat?

He's second under Bison who can destroy anyone in FF.

Terry can dodge bullets too, in fact he can take on heavily armed assualt teams on his own and in fact get kicks out of it. argument one pwned.

None of that ever happened, I have yet to see Terry dodge bullets.You can sentence that argument to Death Row.

Terry can overtrun trucks and cars with his burn knuckle which isn't even his strongest move. Ryu could pick up a boulder and it was most likely after some training with Oro.
oh...and what makes you think Terry can't do it? pick up boulders?

Terry never turned over cars or trucks. Ryu picked up 2 boulders, the size of hummers stacked on each other and that was before he trained with Oro. I don't think Terry can do any of that because I have never seen him come relatively close to doing so.

Terry took on hightiers and beat them. Sagat took on people way below his league and lost.
Terry took on godtiers and beat them, jobbing or not. Sagat can't even beat someone who is not in his league.
Terry took shots from THINGS like Krauser and Nightmare Geese, returned the favor and won. Sagat took one hit and was laid out by E.Ryu.
Terry took on things like Grant and won. Sagat...i dno't want to repeat myself.

The highteirs Terry took are weaker then SFs.
Lets see, out of all Sagat's fights, he lost twice, once to a guy who was on or near Gouki level and then to a guy he him self trained, not to mention he was weak and distracted and still put the guy in the hospital for several months.
Now the Fatal Fury bosses get their ass beat the f**k up every time they get face to face with Terry, not to mention, neither of bosses have any real feats them damn selves.

Time to wake up Sado..."The dream is dead"

Sado22
bull...

didn't say that.

really? so he lost a fight because he was too busy throwing a hissy fit is a good explanation? no wonder...

last i remember...i think he was

like i said, Jeff was considered the strongest fighter in South Town. Takuma=Mr. Karate, in case you don't know that. he was a beast before and he is a beast even when he wore the mask.
IMO being a stronger than a demon by the time you're in your 20's, and considered the strongest fighter in the world kinda seems more impressive than being a god of mauy thai.

oh, you're being retarded now. for one Jeff actually had a reputation.
who is goh? how good was he? all we know about goh is that his son is a moron and he got killed by Sagat. at least with Jeff he had a reputation, was a veteran warrior, was considered the best and was famous. get my meaing?

it was a mistake.

and "god of mauy thai" isn't?

maybe true, but you're missing the point. i am telling you what geese's feats are, sherlock.

terry didn't beat him in FF3 or in KoF96. FFWA was just a remake of FF1.
so what do you mean by "Every game"?
oh and thanx for showing how biased you are. apparently if you get laid out by ONE MOVE by someone half your age and size, its better than to be ko'd after a tough fight, with someone about as big as you, despite numerous scars etched on your body from heavy ass blows, and in a fight that lasted for a long, long time.
please....

thank you.

sure he was....what part of your a$$ did you pull that out from?!
(intentional dig since you took one at me)

excuse me...but who did ryu ever kill? who did ken kill?
Gouki never killed anyone except those he did shungoukusatsu to.
and Gen pwned him.
gouken wasn't killed in the fight. he was unconscious and badly beaten. he probably died after being tossed off into the waterfal/cliff.

your fanboy bias has gotten stale.

now you want a video of it. what bull? you first threw a tantrum saying terry can't dodge bullets. when pointed out that in fact he can, you rambled about proof. i gave you that directly from KLantis' info. now you want a video?

and now they are the size of hummers? laughing
you're full of it.
and it was during hsi training with Oro. IMO seems more like Oro first trained him enough to do that, first.
as for Terry doing it, you never saw Ryu do anything relatively close prior to SF3 either...he did it.

i don't care what your dumbass deems powerful or weaker.
when Sagat lost to Ryu, ryu was no where near Akuma's level. you know it, i know it. stop making up crap.
I gave you the list of things Geese has done and pound for pound they are better than Sagat's "take a dive" career. you'd understand if you werent such a...never mind.
i already pointed this out to "BRAIN-don't-care-how-many-times-you-tell-me-this-but-i'll-keep-going-back-to-square-one-CHILD" that when Geese lost to Terry as godtier in FFRB, Terry went berserk and he was more of a godtier himself. thnk of it as how darkhadou makes ryu stronger since he starts going all out without caring about life or death. Terry was like that and went berserker. same with Kyo who, when he went berserker, was going to vaporize Yamzaki and YAshiro hadn't it been for Kagura. Geese had the power of the scrolls and was probably having orochi power too since he has purple flames. he literally is glowing with power, floats, does like a several projectiles at once, can teleport, and does all the srot of shit that Bison can only dream of.
again, Terry was godtier himself since he was berserker....or atleast a very, very hightier. learn to live with it.
what has bison done accept:
-get pwned by Rose laughing
-run away screaming after getting one hit from Ryu
-get beaten up by 13 underaged girls
-get pwned by Guile/chunli
-and having Charlie, a single person, engage him enough for the psychodrives to blow his dumbass up.
no non-canon endings as proof please.

life is a dreamwink

shin_remy
Originally posted by shin_remy

ryu is beaten by .......
terry is beaten by......
Bison is beaten by.....
Sagat is beaten by....
Geese is beaten by.....
Ken is beaten by...
Bison is beaten by...

OR it goes like :

read my post again and THEN read these pages!!

it's wrong to debate like : he beated him and him and lost to him and lost to that person..

Emperor Ashtar
Sado, why does it matter that sagat lost to a weaker fighter I.E. Adon when capcom specifically said he wasn't able to focus? Geese himself lost twice to terry and lost to Ryo, yet, you seem to still consider him a boss despite that. So, basically an un-focused Sagat losing to adon is more shameful than Geese losing to Terry & Ryo?

what has Sagat done to show that he can beat Geese.
If Geese is a jobber, what is Sagat?

~Sado

Besides being considered the strongest fighter in Thailand, beating the previous God of Muay Thai at the age of 16, Surviving a blow from Satsu No Ryu, ETC

What's geese's repotoire?

brainchild81
falling off of buildings & dyin'. I hate you guys for telling the truthsadOriginally posted by Remulous
It's better then having the "Almighty Boss" get his ass blatantly whuped all the fricken time.

Doesn't matter how many arts you know, it's about how well you fight, seems some one has drowned that argument.

Beats the hell out of getting your ass kicked by the same guy single handedly in every game you appear in and with no strings attached...plastic fake ass wannabe crime boss, Geese needs to sit his old ass down...wait, no need to sit, he's dead.laughing
Geese: I beat Ryu's @ss so bad he went crazy & cheated. He's the hero of the series & I still beat him down. What you do muthaf*cka!?
*Camera cuts to maggots feeding on Geese's flesh. He's basically a skeleton w/a Hakama on*
Geese:.........
Sagat: I got f**ked over due to a cheap shot that would kill most people AND I survived. What about you?!
*Camera cuts to maggots feeding on Geese's flesh*
Geese:.........
Sagat: Yeah. That's what the f*ck I thought bit*h!? Take this!
*Sagat punches Geese's skull & it colapses*
Sagat(looking at his own fist):Hmph. Still got it!!!!!
Geese:............

I hate you for making me think that Remsad

Originally posted by Remulous
He's second under Bison who can destroy anyone in FF.

The highteirs Terry took are weaker then SFs.
Lets see, out of all Sagat's fights, he lost twice, once to a guy who was on or near Gouki level and then to a guy he him self trained, not to mention he was weak and distracted and still put the guy in the hospital for several months.
Now the Fatal Fury bosses get their ass beat the f**k up every time they get face to face with Terry, not to mention, neither of bosses have any real feats them damn selves.Ditto. & Yes Bison would rape FF. He'll he'd beat most of their cast at the same time. Sado, If Geese is a jobber, Sagat's a tough guy who's done more in game besides get KTFO & killed by the hero even after getting "godly power" from the Jins.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by brainchild81

Ditto. & Yes Bison would rape FF. He'll he'd beat most of their cast at the same time.

Just like geese did

P-Geyser
terry didn't beat him in FF3 or in KoF96. FFWA was just a remake of FF1.
so what do you mean by "Every game"?
oh and thanx for showing how biased you are. apparently if you get laid out by ONE MOVE by someone half your age and size, its better than to be ko'd after a tough fight, with someone about as big as you, despite numerous scars etched on your body from heavy ass blows, and in a fight that lasted for a long, long time.
please....

Exactly. People here seem to think that Terry brezzed past Geese more than once. Just because he defeated him once, he now is conisidered losing all the time..B.S.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Exactly. People here seem to think that Terry brezzed past Geese more than once. Just because he defeated him once, he now is conisidered losing all the time..B.S.

He defeated him twice, regardless of how easy it was.

olympian
And while eating southtown icecream, baby.

I dont place Sagat higher than Geese tho. Between a guy who "jobs" and someone who loses because he isent strong enough, i take the "jobber".

At least its implied the man is strong enough to do the work.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
He defeated him twice, regardless of how easy it was.

Right twice BUT he did not breeze past him....and the way Remoulos is going on, Terry beats Geese in EVERY game.

brainchild81
Nah. He just beats him everytime they fight no matter whatsmile

Emperor Ashtar
Right twice BUT he did not breeze past him....and the way Remoulos is going on, Terry beats Geese in EVERY game.

The only reason why Terry doesn't beat Geese in every game is because he isn't the boss in everygame. Terry does beat every boss in every Fatal Fury game.

Originally posted by olympian

I dont place Sagat higher than Geese tho. Between a guy who "jobs" and someone who loses because he isent strong enough, i take the "jobber".
No one's stronger than terry, and that's the problem.

At least its implied the man is strong enough to do the work.

Yet, never shown, okay.

P-Geyser
The only reason why Terry doesn't beat Geese in every game is because he isn't the boss in everygame. Terry does beat every boss in every Fatal Fury game.

You do know that FF Special was just a combo of FF 1&2 with no real story behind it as well as RBS...though I assume Terry just for the hell of it those paticular games right?

P-Geyser
Damn I meant to say "beat for the hell of it"

Emperor Ashtar
You do know that FF Special was just a combo of FF 1&2 with no real story behind it as well as RBS...though I assume Terry just for the hell of it those paticular games right?

That doesn't chnage the fact that terry and only terry can defeats the boss while the rest of the cast is either none exsistant or fails. Read brainchilds point about zaki'.

olympian
.No one's stronger than terry, and that's the problem.

Between one who doesnt get to do the job in any way and another who can at least give a contest to a high figther like Terry, ill take the former any day.

Losing to Adon, its more shameful by far.

Emperor Ashtar
Between one who doesnt get to do the job in any way and another who can at least give a contest to a high figther like Terry, ill take the former any day.

Losing to Adon, its more shameful by far.

Because winning all the time SNK syle is the best roll eyes (sarcastic)

brainchild81
I can't see how being tough enough to force Ryu to cheat makes you less tough than a guy who just flat out loses to the same guy twice despite having "godly" power the second time.Originally posted by Sado22
I gave you the list of things Geese has done and pound for pound they are better than Sagat's "take a dive" career. you'd understand if you werent such a...never mind.
i already pointed this out to "BRAIN-don't-care-how-many-times-you-tell-me-this-but-i'll-keep-going-back-to-square-one-CHILD" that when Geese lost to Terry as godtier in FFRB, Terry went berserk and he was more of a godtier himself.& that's just a theory you pulled out of your @ss out of convenience though. When people say stuff that doesn't prove anything I never let them leave square one in the 1st place. Ask Olysmile I was talking about how little sense it made for a Godtier to lose to a non godtier & then that's when that lil' theory popped up. Terry's godtier all of the sudden. You said you'd spoke of it before, but when I asked you to quote yorrself you couldn't or at least didn't. This of course comes from the same guy who once though Krauser was godtier & took it back.(the same guy who also said Krauser & Terry were having a pretty much even match while having the exact opposite on his site) I've said it before. You throw "godtier" around for people it just don't apply to. FF "godtiers" don't do godtier sh*t. Maybe they ain't godtiers. Geese just seems like the kinda guy who always finds a way............to lose.sad Dammit SNK

Emperor Ashtar
So, far I've heard Terry fans claim:

-He can give Orochi Iori a match
-He's God Tier whe he feels like it
-And, regardless of jobbing or not is God tier

Yet, Ryu is still overrated?

brainchild81
laughing

P-Geyser
That doesn't chnage the fact that terry and only terry can defeats the boss while the rest of the cast is either none exsistant or fails. Read brainchilds point about zaki'.

The way Kyo beats the bossess in KOF right?

P-Geyser
Yet Ryu if he rests, could clear a whole gauntlet of fighting game heroes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superboy Prime
Sagat.

Xenogears
Geese.

StyleTime
Kasumi

.....wait what?

Xenogears
^ROTFLMFAO

Sado22
i don't freaking believe you people! mad
so wait...Ryu gets thrashed around, is turned into shotokan whipped cream after all that pounding from Sagat in SF1, goes berserk (as in mad and obsessed for victory to the point that he was even ready to kill), powers up insanely, smacks Sagat and wins.
and how is that different from what Terry did to Nightmare Geese?
lets go over it:
terry gets his ass charblasted from side of the tower to the other. gets smacked around for the entire battle. snaps, goes berserker (kinda like ryu), and turns the table on Geese. he didn't finish him in one shot, unlike Ryu in SF1. Terry just went bersrek and the fight got more even and evnetually he overwhelmed him.
this is different? how? i'll tell you people how?
its different only in the sense that unlike ryu, Terry didn't go "pfft" become godtier and finsih his godtier opponent in one move. that is how its different.
maybe you guys should think a little before you post such stuff. you're blaming Terry for doing something that Ryu did...only at least Terry did in a way that was somewhat respectful. Ryu does ONE MOVE to KO Sagat, after becoming godtier and somehow that isn't becoming "godtier just like that", eh emp/brain?
come on!

oh wait...what about Rock Howard? and you know, Terry didn't beat Rock Howard perfect either. now THAT is taking stealing someone else's dance floor, emp.

laughing
don't forget...ryu can also put up a fight against a werewolf

he didn't, never said that...never will.

its not when he feels like it. you missed the whole point. read above, emp. it was a similar situtation to Ryu-Sagat in SF1, only tery wasn't up against a hightier...he was up against a GODtier.

no he isn't. never said it. the only time Tery was a godtier was in his fight against N.Geese since he went berserker and was at a point when he didn't care if he even killed Gesee. however, it didn't take him another 5 years to realize that what he was doing was wrong. unlike Ryu. Terry's atonement came with raising rock.
see...personality!big grin

you wanna hear what people think ryu can do around here?
-he can beat werewolves
-he can pwn an entire cast of heroes if he is rested
-he can make short work out of the entire Tekken cast
-he can take on omega rugal
-he can defeat Igniz
list goes on....

wait wait wait! you're not ACTUALLY asking me to repeat myself are you?! mad
brainy i sent you the WHOLE damn faq! what you bitchin about now?
wink
~Sado

Xenogears
I vote for Adon the screaming queer

Sado22
hysterical

Darkstorm Zero
so wait...Ryu gets thrashed around, is turned into shotokan whipped cream after all that pounding from Sagat in SF1, goes berserk (as in mad and obsessed for victory to the point that he was even ready to kill), powers up insanely, smacks Sagat and wins.
lets go over it:

Firstly, Ryu wasn't getting thrashed around like a wet noodle, it was a fairly even match, Sagat's experience gave him the edge towards the end. and Sagat is known for his temper, already having killed Goh Hibiki in a fit of rage. I honmestly dunno if it was a cheapshot when Ryu did the Metsu Shoryuken or not...

Andif you point to Tiamat's FAQ, I'll be very pissed off and dissapointed Sado.

terry gets his ass charblasted from side of the tower to the other. gets smacked around for the entire battle. snaps, goes berserker (kinda like ryu), and turns the table on Geese. he didn't finish him in one shot, unlike Ryu in SF1. Terry just went bersrek and the fight got more even and evnetually he overwhelmed him.

Who cares? all that demonstrates is that Ryu gained a much higher power boost (You know, the kind of power that Akuma posesses?)

its different only in the sense that unlike ryu, Terry didn't go "pfft" become godtier and finsih his godtier opponent in one move. that is how its different.

Again, what does it matter?

maybe you guys should think a little before you post such stuff. you're blaming Terry for doing something that Ryu did...only at least Terry did in a way that was somewhat respectful. Ryu does ONE MOVE to KO Sagat, after becoming godtier and somehow that isn't becoming "godtier just like that", eh emp/brain?
come on!

Ryu did it once in his original game backin the mid 1980's....... Terry has doneit repeatedly. THATS the argument being made, Ryu has lost a few matches, Terry has not... Even yo (The guy who stole Terry's thunder) has lost at least once...

oh wait...what about Rock Howard? and you know, Terry didn't beat Rock Howard perfect either. now THAT is taking stealing someone else's dance floor, emp.

Notperfect, but he probably did beat him to maintain Terry's undefeated streak. (That is real bad Ryu may have beat Alex perfect, but Ryu doesn'thave a 20-0 win record.

laughing
don't forget...ryu can also put up a fight against a werewolf

So what? Remmulousis theonly one that said that,and only because characters like Talbain and felicia are lowtier darkstalkers (Definitely not world or even city killers.)

its not when he feels like it. you missed the whole point. read above, emp. it was a similar situtation to Ryu-Sagat in SF1, only tery wasn't up against a hightier...he was up against a GODtier.

That makes it even worse...

no he isn't. never said it. the only time Tery was a godtier was in his fight against N.Geese since he went berserker and was at a point when he didn't care if he even killed Gesee. however, it didn't take him another 5 years to realize that what he was doing was wrong. unlike Ryu. Terry's atonement came with raising rock.

Ryu did know, but unlike simple emotions, the Dark Hadou is an evil force, an energy which permeates the body. Berzerker tendencies are technically a choice, but to resist the Dark Hadou,you have to actually will yourself not to use it on a much higher scale than simply stopping yourself from punching someone in the face repeatedly.

-he can beat werewolves
-he can defeat Igniz
list goes on....

-Remu is the only one who said that, and nowyou know why.
-It'snot outside the realm of possability, given his currentpowerlevel.
-This is a difficult thing to judge, there areabout 3 or 4characters Ryu would have to focus on if he attempts this.
-Why cant he?
-Again, why cant he?

wink
~Sado

Your still relying on Zaki and Tiamats guides, this shows meyou have little time, or patience to go and play the games for yourself.

Sado22
naughty

not really...and as for "who cares" i'm pointing out the blazing bias in cliaiming terry's becoming godtier as stupid and not Ryu's.

Terry didn't have to become godtier to defeat Krauser, Geese FF1 or even against Zaki and Grant. the only time he went berserker was against FFRB Geese nad you can't blame him.

but not perfect, which is the point. Rock held his own against Bogard. Alex didn't and got squashed to kill any credibility he had left after having the boss take a dive for him.

becoming godtier to take on godtier is worse?

...dark hadou uses negative emotions such as Terry was feeling. what terry went through was not unlike dark hadou...yet Terry did it once and immediately got a development as a character by regretting what he did, even trying to save that person's life and in order to atone he raised his son so as to stop the cursed bloodline doom.
what did ryu do after making a banana split out of Sagat's titties? that's right, he picked his bag and walked home.

why are you responding to things you know that are not directed at you. i never blamed you for saying that at any point now did i? in fact this whole reply is for rem.

-yet Terry can't beat sagat though he beat godtier
-Kyo can't beat Ryu though he KO'd a god with one punch
-Iori cna't Ryu though Iori is stronger than Goenitz (you want proof right?)
-Kyo can't hold againt AKuma though he faced won the finals of the KoF97 tournament (against Terry's team or Iori), took on Orochi Iori, took on Orochi team (who are even stronger than Goenitz), took on Orochi, lost, got back up again and took him with Iori's help and won.

and come on dark, you know ryu can't take on Igniz. Igniz is stronger than Orochi.

who is Zaki? confused
the KoF info isn't from tiamat. its from KLantis....and i don't personally believe everything he says since i was the first person to point out how he never acknowledges the FF1 retcon of Geese and many other things.
i've played all the KoF games and know the stories by heart.

~Sado

shin_remy
Ryu has fought more then 10.000 matches in his life and won the most of it

Sado22
so, ryu has fought only 10 opponentslaughing
just kidding, remy.
look let me tell you this:
Terry has been on the streets since he was a kid. anywhere from the age of 5-9 he was taken in by Jeff Bogard as a step son along with Andy. then Terry was orphaned when "plural of goose" killed Jeff. that was when terry was 10 years old.
now listen very carefully cuz i'm only gonna say this once:

Terry has been on the street since he was 10 years old. he fought EVERYDAY against numerous fighters, honing his skills so that he could be strong enough to take on Geese. for the next 10 years he kept on fighting in South TOwn EVERYDAY and did nothing but that: fight all day against opponents who were stronger than him so he could get better.

Terry most likely faced more than 10000 opponents in just those 10 years, remy. even if not, after he beat Geese in FF1, he remained on the streets and kept fighting.

By MOTW Terry is 35 years old and he has always been on the streets since then. Now do the math:
Terry has been street fighting since the age of 10 and is now 35 years old. that means a whooping 25 years of fighting experience, honing his skills in a city of fighters. not to mention that he was fighting even before he was adopted by Jeff Bogard who taught him a little something about martial arts. That combined means that Terry Bogard has been fighting for 30 years. Ryu started street fighting at the age of 23 and in SF3 he is 33. that's only 10 years of fighitng. Terry has been fighting for 30]/b] YEARS...not 10.

and on top of all that.........Terry is still unbeaten.

so shinremy, it goes more like this:
terry has faced more opponents than ryu has, and hasnt lost ANY.

Terry-THE-MAN-Bogard rules. as much a fact of life as that we need water to survive.

~Sado

olympian
Because winning all the time SNK syle is the best roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its better than losing against Adon, thats for sure.

Darkstorm Zero
not really...and as for "who cares" i'm pointing out the blazing bias in cliaiming terry's becoming godtier as stupid and not Ryu's.

Ryu actually got an explanation for his powerup, Terry simply became mad as a hornet thats had it's nest beaten with a flaming stick.

At least Ryu got a halfway decent reason, something that plays an integral role in his character.

Terry didn't have to become godtier to defeat Krauser, Geese FF1 or even against Zaki and Grant. the only time he went berserker was against FFRB Geese nad you can't blame him.

But thats still a plot conveniance, not a real good thing to do when a character is already undefeated...

Seriously... to give Terry that kind of powerup just so he can win is very very poor writing. Ryu's Dark Hadou was developed far more thoughtfully.

but not perfect, which is the point. Rock held his own against Bogard. Alex didn't and got squashed to kill any credibility he had left after having the boss take a dive for him.

Having the boss take a dive destroyed the credability anyways...

becoming godtier to take on godtier is worse?

Yes, becauseit's plot conveniance without explanation besides "Berzerker"...

...dark hadou uses negative emotions such as Terry was feeling. what terry went through was not unlike dark hadou...yet Terry did it once and immediately got a development as a character by regretting what he did, even trying to save that person's life and in order to atone he raised his son so as to stop the cursed bloodline doom.
what did ryu do after making a banana split out of Sagat's titties? that's right, he picked his bag and walked home.

Actually, the Dark Hadou is based on thoughts, intentions... Ryu never killed,or actively sought to kill anyone, but his desire to win at any cost,even to kill for victory is what caused Sagat's loss. It was after this that Ryu saw why victory is not as important, thats why he allowed himself to lose as much as he did, he's not motivated by victory.

why are you responding to things you know that are not directed at you. i never blamed you for saying that at any point now did i? in fact this whole reply is for rem.

You've used itas a prodding tool against anyonewho aregues for the SFercharacters,calling usall bias in general.

-yet Terry can't beat sagat though he beat godtier
-Kyo can't beat Ryu though he KO'd a god with one punch
-Iori cna't Ryu though Iori is stronger than Goenitz (you want proof right?)
-Kyo can't hold againt AKuma though he faced won the finals of the KoF97 tournament (against Terry's team or Iori), took on Orochi Iori, took on Orochi team (who are even stronger than Goenitz), took on Orochi, lost, got back up again and took him with Iori's help and won.

and come on dark, you know ryu can't take on Igniz. Igniz is stronger than Orochi.

-I thought I discussed this with you before, why are the FF tiers anything similar to SFer tiers in your eyes?
-With a plot device and help.
-Goenitz is far stronger than Iori was at the time, 1on1 Goentiz would have outright owned Iori.
-Actually, Goenitz is the strongest out of the 4 heavenly kings of Orochi, exept for Chris perhaps, him being the living avatar to the deity himself (He completely mastered his powers and is not an alter ego like the other 3). Kyo is powered by the plot device, the Magatama flames are ableto damage the Orochi where normal humans cannot. Why do you argue this knowing that?

who is Zaki? confused
the KoF info isn't from tiamat. its from KLantis....and i don't personally believe everything he says since i was the first person to point out how he never acknowledges the FF1 retcon of Geese and many other things.
i've played all the KoF games and know the stories by heart.

My bad, I meant Lantis.

Sado22
you know darko, i never considered you a fanboy....but where the hell did this come from?!
maybe i'm overreacting but.....Terry lost his father to Geese, actually having to watch his foster father (his only protector then) get killed in front of his eyes, had to go through a gruelling 20 years on the streets, having to pound his own brother in a hard fought match in FF1, defeat Geese, only for him to cheapshot him after another grueling battle with the Jin Twins and steal scrolls, come after those he loves (FFRB) and then almost kill his brother (his only surviving family) in front of his eyes and then going insane and going berserker on Geese's old kiester.
on the other side you have......"oh i want to win".
what the hell? don't embarrass yourself dude. i have too much respect for you to call you a fanboy but you were tresspassing on that territory right now!

maybe.....but darkhadou bit in the SF1 fight of Ryu nad Sagat was nothing more than a retcon after they were forced to introduce Gouki due to a botched april fool's joke.....now THAT is bad writing.

Geese didn't take a dive. Sagat had all the advantages against Ryu. speed, power, experience, size etc. so did akuma and so did Bison.
Geese had the advantage of power and experience, but speed was in Terry's ballpark and his persistence.
also you people fail to mention how Terry has ALWAYS taken on stronger people than himself since he was a kid. Ryu didn't...and if he did he lost. taking on and defeating someone superior to him through she guts and willpower is Terry's ballpark. every fighter has his specialty. this is Terry's.

i'm not arguing this with you darko. lets leave it at difference of opinion.

....and yet dark hadou was pestering his @$$ even two years later in SFA2 and in SFA3. i doubt he learnt his lesson since he was still struggling against it. seems he was in a dilemna for a lot more than he should have been. at least terry learnt an instant lesson...even though in his case it was more understandable than.....just obsession for victory.

oh and i'll get back to the rest....i have an exam in 15 mintues.
see ya. and give what i said in the beginning a little more thought.
ask yourself....does it really?

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Its better than losing against Adon, thats for sure.
I'll take a few loses versus never ever losing no matter what,That's just plain stupid. Not to mention adon spent 4 months in the hostpital because of that win while Sagat didn't.

olympian
That was on porpuse just to make Sagat feel better by losing.

You can never be too careful with a big man`s ego.

shin_remy
@ Sado

but Ryu trained with Ken, his eqeal and his rival, and Ken was sometimes better then Ryu.

Ryu was fighting every day against somebody that knewed every move what he did.

and those 10000 wins are nothing?

why is this about terry and ryu anyway?

Emperor Ashtar
That was on porpuse just to make Sagat feel better by losing.

You can never be too careful with a big man`s ego.

What, look sagat lost because he realeased a reckless "Tiger Genocide". Adon took advantage of this and won.

P-Geyser
-he can beat werewolves
-he can defeat Igniz
list goes on....

laughing yep thats how it looks.

Darkstorm Zero
you know darko, i never considered you a fanboy....but where the hell did this come from?!
maybe i'm overreacting but.....Terry lost his father to Geese, actually having to watch his foster father (his only protector then) get killed in front of his eyes, had to go through a gruelling 20 years on the streets, having to pound his own brother in a hard fought match in FF1, defeat Geese, only for him to cheapshot him after another grueling battle with the Jin Twins and steal scrolls, come after those he loves (FFRB) and then almost kill his brother (his only surviving family) in front of his eyes and then going insane and going berserker on Geese's old kiester.
on the other side you have......"oh i want to win".
what the hell? don't embarrass yourself dude. i have too much respect for you to call you a fanboy but you were tresspassing on that territory right now!

What the hell?!?!

Apparently you mistook my point... Going nuts and turning into the Hulk just to win is entirely different from being seduced by yourown dark emotions. Ryu only competed in the WWT to impress Gouken... Sagat was winning (Though not via a curbstomp like you imagine), Ryu becxame temptedby the murderous power, but unlike Terry, there is a heavy heavy price to pay for that power. Terry on the other hand, would suffer a guilty concience, and thats it.

maybe.....but darkhadou bit in the SF1 fight of Ryu nad Sagat was nothing more than a retcon after they were forced to introduce Gouki due to a botched april fool's joke.....now THAT is bad writing.

I don't deny that, but I'mglad that they did stick out tongue however,when they make a character who never loses, andconstantly pulls shit out ofhis ass to win...thats just a littlemore than I can handle.

Geese didn't take a dive. Sagat had all the advantages against Ryu. speed, power, experience, size etc. so did akuma and so did Bison.
Geese had the advantage of power and experience, but speed was in Terry's ballpark and his persistence.
also you people fail to mention how Terry has ALWAYS taken on stronger people than himself since he was a kid. Ryu didn't...and if he did he lost. taking on and defeating someone superior to him through she guts and willpower is Terry's ballpark. every fighter has his specialty. this is Terry's.

Sagat's only advantages where reach, height, weight and expereince. Power was about even,but speedand natural tallent where Ryu's. the only thing Sagat did faster was fire off Tiger Shots.

i'm not arguing this with you darko. lets leave it at difference of opinion.

Very well......no expression

....and yet dark hadou was pestering his @$$ even two years later in SFA2 and in SFA3. i doubt he learnt his lesson since he was still struggling against it. seems he was in a dilemna for a lot more than he should have been. at least terry learnt an instant lesson...even though in his case it was more understandable than.....just obsession for victory.

As I already explained to you,the Dark Hadou is notjust about simple emotions,it's about will, it's about choice. Ryu was never trained in the use of the Messatsu techniques like Gouken and Akuma where, the Dark Hadou was occuring naturally despite Ryu's lack of knowlege, Gouken never explined to him what the Dark Hadou was, in a vain attempt to keep his students away from the temptation of power that had conquered his brother.

oh and i'll get back to the rest....i have an exam in 15 mintues.
see ya. and give what i said in the beginning a little more thought.
ask yourself....does it really?

Because it's an entirely different setofcircumstances and capabilities?yes... yes it does.

Sado22
good question....be damned if i knew.

the way i see it:
the both went berserk since they went to a mental stage where it didn't matter if their opponent was killed. terry pulled it out of his keister about as much as Ryu did. terry was seduced by the idea of killing Geese due to his hatred for him...not unlike Ryu who was seduced by the idea of winning at all costs. its not different really. the only thing is, between the two, a person going berserker after going through so much is atleast more reasonable compared to someone wnating to kill just because he was so desperate to win. seems we BOTH missed the other's point. sorry for the fanboy references then. but i hope you see what ore-sama is saying this time.

terry never constantly did that. the only time he did this was in FFRB.
a little while back Shinremy was bringing up how Ryu is good because he trained with someone as good as him. that is a valid point. However, Terry fought (not trained) he actually took on stronger fighters than himself so as to improve even more. all his life, that was the one thing he did. if you want to know what Terry's "skills" are as a fighter...its is just that: willpower and guts. Terry has been taking on stronger fighters since the age of 10....and that pattern remained with him since then because he's used to fighting on bad odds.

i'm pretty sure Sagat was stronger. he's got an 8foot frame as opposed to ryu's 5"8 frame. not to mention Sagat is a hulking freak of nature. he's got great speed, power, experience and he's as much of a proud fighter as anyone else out there. Ryu was probably only able to hang with him due to his speed and will to win (which would eventually f him over). i'm pretty sure Ryu was being outclassed. i am tempted to use the forbidden "T" word....but...i'll pass..... smile

~Sado

Kazenji
The only reason why ryu won and beat sagat was because he tapped into the power of the Satsui no Hadou or as its called in english in the anime's the dark Hado.

shin_remy
Sagat was kicking his ass in sf 1 , alpha, and probally would in sf 2

Sagat >> Ryu

BUT i don't know if he can beat the Ryu who is been training under Oro. But anyhow

I still think Sagat will win from Geese... even when people see Geese rival to M.Bison

Darkstorm Zero
the way i see it:
the both went berserk since they went to a mental stage where it didn't matter if their opponent was killed. terry pulled it out of his keister about as much as Ryu did. terry was seduced by the idea of killing Geese due to his hatred for him...not unlike Ryu who was seduced by the idea of winning at all costs. its not different really. the only thing is, between the two, a person going berserker after going through so much is atleast more reasonable compared to someone wnating to kill just because he was so desperate to win. seems we BOTH missed the other's point. sorry for the fanboy references then. but i hope you see what ore-sama is saying this time.

My best analergy would be though, that Ryu's urge to win didn't simply unlock more power, it wasmore like accessing the hidden power of the Dark Hadou where he was forced into making a choice. Ryu would have betrayed his masters teachings had he succumbed to the Dark Hadou, but would have dissapointed him if he had lost.

In Ryu's case it was a catch 22. Prove Akuma right and betray everything Gouken taught him, or fail in the face of his master.

I should pointout though, that Ryu's true test of his ability tochoose against the Dark Hadou came later, when he found Gouken dead at the hands of Akuma... when he sought vengence against Gouki he was sorely tempted by the Dark Hadou.

terry never constantly did that. the only time he did this was in FFRB.
a little while back Shinremy was bringing up how Ryu is good because he trained with someone as good as him. that is a valid point. However, Terry fought (not trained) he actually took on stronger fighters than himself so as to improve even more. all his life, that was the one thing he did. if you want to know what Terry's "skills" are as a fighter...its is just that: willpower and guts. Terry has been taking on stronger fighters since the age of 10....and that pattern remained with him since then because he's used to fighting on bad odds.

I thought he did it3 timesto varying levels, the 2 times against Geese and the one timeagainst the Jins...

i'm pretty sure Sagat was stronger. he's got an 8foot frame as opposed to ryu's 5"8 frame. not to mention Sagat is a hulking freak of nature. he's got great speed, power, experience and he's as much of a proud fighter as anyone else out there. Ryu was probably only able to hang with him due to his speed and will to win (which would eventually f him over). i'm pretty sure Ryu was being outclassed. i am tempted to use the forbidden "T" word....but...i'll pass..... smile

It's hard to determine who was physically stronger... Ryu did takeon someone just as big during the tourney (Birdie). Logic would pointto Sagat due to his larger stature and superior weight, but Ryu has a much higher natural energy level.b Speed works in the opposite reason, same as agility, Ryu's smaller frame enables him to move faster than Sagat can. Experienceis Sagat, but natural talent and latentabilities are Ryu'sforte, and Ryu is durable, real durable. the guy is designed for matches that go on for ages. I think the battle started going bad for Ryu towards the end, hence why he was prompted by the Dark Hadou.but it certainly wasn't a curbstomp. Sagat wouldn't have had any remorse for Ryu had he just been a weak stupid kid.

olympian
What, look sagat lost because he realeased a reckless "Tiger Genocide". Adon took advantage of this and won.

Im aware of it, i was playing with the situation. However we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Im not placing one loss against someone who was never sold and executed as high as Terry over..well, Terry.

Sado22
maybe true, darko, but I'm a little skeptical. mainly cuz ryu didn't even know what happened to him. i doubt he was in a conflict that had anything to do with Gouken then since, like i said, he didn't even have a clue as to what happened to him. get my meaning?
IMO ryu's trial against dark hadou was mainly during the time he fought Akuma in SFA2 and when he finally overcame it against Bison in SFA3...especially the later since he had actually given into it hadn't it been for Fagat and the rest who knocked him back to his senses.
remember, ryu never sought out akuma for vengeance. it was never about vengeance...heck Capcom of USA admitted that they just made up that dialogue between Akuma and Ryu in SFA2 regarding when Ryu talks about "avenging his master's death"
so it wasn't vengeance. besides, we all know ryu's a selfcentered prick who didn't even oppose Akuma for what Gouken asked him to do, nor did he take on bison to save the world. all he cares about is himself.

no not really. he fought Geese in FF1 and eventually beat him. he didnt go berserker at all. he just outlasted him and scared his body thoroughly with his punches.
FF2, Terry took on Krauser and won. again no berserker.
FF3, Terry was on the recieving end against Zaki since he wasn't focused. later on after his fight with Zaki, he took on the Jin twins together but they were godtiers so he was getting pwned badly. no matter how hard he tried he was losing horribly. Geese saved him actually in a twist.......but only Geese didn't "save" him, only the Jin's powers reduced . again, no berserker.
the only time he did that was agianst N.Geese.

as Saiki pointed out on Tiamat's faq (sorry) Ryu was beaten up pretty badly to the point that he was on his knees and losing his consciousness.....sways me to the side of "very uneven bout" to be honest. remember, Saiki actually carried out interviews with Capcom bosses so he IS reliable.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
maybe true, darko, but I'm a little skeptical. mainly cuz ryu didn't even know what happened to him. i doubt he was in a conflict that had anything to do with Gouken then since, like i said, he didn't even have a clue as to what happened to him. get my meaning?
IMO ryu's trial against dark hadou was mainly during the time he fought Akuma in SFA2 and when he finally overcame it against Bison in SFA3...especially the later since he had actually given into it hadn't it been for Fagat and the rest who knocked him back to his senses.
remember, ryu never sought out akuma for vengeance. it was never about vengeance...heck Capcom of USA admitted that they just made up that dialogue between Akuma and Ryu in SFA2 regarding when Ryu talks about "avenging his master's death"
so it wasn't vengeance. besides, we all know ryu's a selfcentered prick who didn't even oppose Akuma for what Gouken asked him to do, nor did he take on bison to save the world. all he cares about is himself.

The vendetta thing made sense, but it has evolved since then to determine who's path is the right one...

no not really. he fought Geese in FF1 and eventually beat him. he didnt go berserker at all. he just outlasted him and scared his body thoroughly with his punches.
FF2, Terry took on Krauser and won. again no berserker.
FF3, Terry was on the recieving end against Zaki since he wasn't focused. later on after his fight with Zaki, he took on the Jin twins together but they were godtiers so he was getting pwned badly. no matter how hard he tried he was losing horribly. Geese saved him actually in a twist.......but only Geese didn't "save" him, only the Jin's powers reduced . again, no berserker.
the only time he did that was agianst N.Geese.

I could have swornhe went berzerker against Krauser and normal Geese...

as Saiki pointed out on Tiamat's faq (sorry) Ryu was beaten up pretty badly to the point that he was on his knees and losing his consciousness.....sways me to the side of "very uneven bout" to be honest. remember, Saiki actually carried out interviews with Capcom bosses so he IS reliable.

I still doubt it,if the fight was too one sided, then Ryu wouldn't have been able to pull out the Metsu Shoryuken, nor would he have earned Sagats respect.

brainchild81
The way Kyo beats the bossess in KOF right? Wrong! Are you paying attention PG? Are you saying Kyo's never lost like Terry? Are you saying he's always beaten the boss by his gotdamn self like Terry did? You wanna take shots @ Kyo? Knock yourself out(I'd be bullsh*tting if I said he didn't deserve some), just make sure you know what you're talking about 1st.Originally posted by Sado22
lets go over it:
its different only in the sense that unlike ryu, Terry didn't go "pfft" become godtier and finsih his godtier opponent in one move. that is how its different.Nah. You said Ryu had to sneak him w/a cheapshot. If true, Sagat gets to @least save some face & keep being respected as a badass. Geese however is a guy who gets fubared no matter what. You don't need to cheat him to beat him. He's a jobber. Geese has tank w/a nuke tuned in to Terry's bodyheat signature. Terry has a slingshot w/a pebble while being drunk & having the sunlight in his eye. If the FF writers are writing this fight Geese is a deadman. That's just plain stupid. Bosses should be boss like & Godtiers should do godtier shite
come on!

oh wait...what about Rock Howard? and you know, Terry didn't beat Rock Howard perfect either. now THAT is taking stealing someone else's dance floor, emp.If Terry beat Rock, that's SNK going against the Garou hero never loses thing just to preserve Terry's monotonus win streak. That's just plain di*keatin' mane.

he didn't, never said that...never will.He never said you did. I think PG was the one who said that. It seems to be more of a "My favorite can't lose to a guy I hate because I said so" thing w/my blood bro. He'll eventually come around to the logic though. There was a time when he said Terry could beat O.Iori, so he's at least showing some growth.smileOriginally posted by Sado22

-he can beat werewolves
-he can defeat Igniz
list goes on....

wink
~Sado If you're telling the truth I apologize for not remembering. Was there mention of Terry suddenly becoming Godtier in it? Has anybody here said Ryu can beat O.Rugal? Who?Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
stick out tongue however,when they make a character who never loses, andconstantly pulls shit out ofhis ass to win...thats just a littlemore than I can handle. laughing

Emperor Ashtar
Ryu never beat Sagat, Evil Ryu did.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
Wrong! Are you paying attention PG? Are you saying Kyo's never lost like Terry? Are you saying he's always beaten the boss by his gotdamn self like Terry did? You wanna take shots @ Kyo? Knock yourself out(I'd be bullsh*tting if I said he didn't deserve some), just make sure you know what you're talking about 1st

Paying attention? The fact is Kyo beats the bossess...even in the nest saga I believe it was he the had the last blow in. Yeah he lost to Gonutz, though that was never mentioned in the game. Kyo got beat up by O Iori though I want to check more on what happened. Kyo though usually saves the day in the end. As well he is now the KOF hero again I beleive.

He never said you did. I think PG was the one who said that. It seems to be more of a "My favorite can't lose to a guy I hate because I said so" thing w/my blood bro. He'll eventually come around to the logic though. There was a time when he said Terry could beat O.Iori, so he's at least showing some growth.smile

Ah there you go again taking shots. You never cease to amaze me. Since you seem to love to jump on the fact about about me with the " my favorite cant lose O Iori sh!t" we can go back to AOF. No matter how we try to explain to you about Ryo, you just dont want to seem to here it with your Ryo sucks chants. If you can understand that then there will be some growth as well I suppose.

brainchild81
Paying attention? The fact is Kyo beats the bossess...even in the nest saga I believe it was he the had the last blow in. Yeah he lost to Gonutz, though that was never mentioned in the game. Kyo got beat up by O Iori though I want to check more on what happened. Kyo though usually saves the day in the end. As well he is now the KOF hero again I beleive.That's irrelevant though. EA was talking about how Terry & ONLY Terry beat the bosses in FF(Pre Rock--No need to bring MOTW up). Kyo has been beaten & he's had help w/bosses that were still helping when the boss was beaten. Terry is always the only good guy who the boss can't f**k up. His homies get stomped on but he doesn't. EA saidOriginally posted by Emperor Ashtar
That doesn't chnage the fact that terry and only terry can defeats the boss while the rest of the cast is either none exsistant or fails. Read brainchilds point about zaki'. Your reply wasOriginally posted by P-Geyser
The way Kyo beats the bossess in KOF right? The answer is NO. Kyo @least shares glory in his boss battles & can lose. When has the bogarder shared victory in ANY FF (pre Rock)boss battle?Originally posted by P-Geyser
Ah there you go again taking shots. You never cease to amaze me. Since you seem to love to jump on the fact about about me with the " my favorite cant lose O Iori sh!t" we can go back to AOF. No matter how we try to explain to you about Ryo, you just dont want to seem to here it with your Ryo sucks chants. If you can understand that then there will be some growth as well I suppose. laughing Relax. You know I take shots outta fun. Nothing serious. Ryo sux in terms of being a ripoff(@ least 'til I get REAL PROOF otherwise) that never should have been created. He'd get his @ss kicked by many if not all of the SF/KOF best IMO. Still seems like the only reason you say Terry can stalemate O.Iori is because you hate Iori as much as you love Terry. That's bias mane. & hatin'. O.Iori beating Terry is one thing most seem to agree on. There's no shame to be had in losing to O.Iori. It's the natural order of things. He fu*ks people up & kills folk. You often say you're not sure if Terry was helping in the fight against O.Iori. A site you pointed me to said he was. Sources say all the really tough guys were there. Are you saying you honestly don't think Terry was there? Come on PG it's time to say the sad truth. Then the healing can begin.smile O.Iori would put the hurt on Terry. For what it's worth, he'd beat my 3 favorite characters toosad(not at the same time)

Sado22
really braindead?wink
and what about the fact that bison runs away screaming after one "shoryuken" which is everything but ryu's strongest move. so basically:
-ryu fights him head on
-ryu tries his level best
-ryu gets pwned by Bison
-ryu (as stronger version of himself, pscyho ryu) gets pwned again by Sagat
-ryu becomes normal and does ONE MOVE that makes bison retreat (and Darko insists that he blew up with it). and all of this isn't pulling "godtier crap" out of his @$$ now. how is it that just a little while ago he gets pwned by the same person and yet a little while later blows up/forces to retreat.....with a move that is not even his strongest?

and yet, Terry going to the extreme limits of his power (going berserker) and THEN beating up a man who before that was pwning him is something that is:
-impossible
-out of question
-and pulling godtier bs out of his @$$

get real, brainyboy. get real.
Geese isn't a jobber, because geese was never presented as godtier (prior to FFRB). Geese was a tough bastard who was finally defeated by someone who is better than him: Terry. Terry is BETTER than Geese because that is what Fatal Fury is about. its the story of a man who is the BEST in his game. period. Ryu isn't the best...he aims to be it. Terry aimed at it and became the best.
you said it yourself: its not about speed, its not about power. Terry had better speed than Geese anyway. so its not really jobbing since Geese lost to someone who is better than him. besides Terry is hightier in FF anyway and so is Geese. Terry isn't midtier or lowtier. so one hightier beat another. NOT JOBBING.
3rd tier Ryu doing shoryuken to godtier Bison and blowing him to bits=JOBBING. BLATANT F'ING JOBBING.

Terry beating Geese is somewhat the same way Ken beat a man who is better than him: Ryu. only Terry beat a man and became the best. its like how someone becomes the champ: you beat the best to become the best. FF is the story of a man who becomes the best...and the rest of the FF (till MOTW) are about how he stays on top.
MOTW is about passing the torch...which he did since Rock is the new hero, and happend to hold his own against terry.

why should Rock beat terry anyway? Terry trained Rock....he taught him all he knows and he pwned the man whose moves Rock knows. Terry still isn't slower and has only grown as a fighter since then. 30 years of fighting experience too. Rock had no hope...and SNK kept that in mind. not to mention that Ryu pwned Alex perfect. at least Rock held his own against Bogard.

i know you ahve a bad memory....if you didn't i wouldn't be repeating things like 30 times to you. mad
for one llets just start with how many times I've been tellng you people that Terry ONLY WENT GODTIER/VERY HIGHTIER against FFRB Nightmare Geese..................and did it only ONCE.

and for the record
-remulus insists that no boss in KoF is at the level of Bison or Akuma
-Darko insists that ryu&ken can take on the Orochi New Face team, despite the fact that it took the entire KoF97 cast to finally subdue them
-darko insists that Ryu can take on Omega Rugal, agian something that was pounding the entire cast of KoF95 (except Iori)
-remulus insists....whole lot other things so nevermind him
-shinremy claims that Bison having been beaten by 13 dolls isn't as bad as Omega Rugal who was pwning the entire cast of KoF95

list goes on brain. it know my one paragraph bit about Terry and Geese is pointless but i gave it a try anyway...for the sake of old times. big grin

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Terry can turn into a beserker now, Gay.

Also, Ryu only performed a shoryuken on bison in his ending where he kills bsion with it. We knnow that never happens because bison fight's several other people afterwards and it specifically stated that a combination of: Ryu,Ken, Sagat, and Sakura pushed him back.

brainchild81
& Sado talks of me making him repeat himself. This Bison stuff just doesn't seem to be sinking in w/him EA. & Sado you should quote them on these things. Nice job of side stepping my question too. Was there mention of Terry suddenly becoming Godtier in this FAQ?

Rock & Terry could also have stalemated or just not fought. If Terry beat him, the hero always wins rule was broken for Terry. Di*keatin supreme. The Terry always wins shite has been done to f**king death mane. Also is there some good news about the specifics of that fight on the anniversary site? My computer can't translate the shite there. I still think Rock didn't lose.

I can't see O.Rugal losing to Ryu(If he was still alive). Maybe someday, not now. Geese = dead. Rugal = dead. Ripoff Suckassaki = still alive. FU*K you SNK!Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Terry can turn into a beserker now, Gay. Dude's one of the most original but poorly written characters ever mane. I'm telling you, he's Hulk Hogan......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................BROTHER!!!!!!

King Nothing
Sagat will win.

The points the Sagat supporters have made are valid and true points that lead to him having a painfully obvious victory, but what's up with all the Terry ragging?

Emperor Ashtar
I don't think anyone is ragging on terry, were just trying to point out his jobber aura.

brainchild81
Worse the Wolverine's & Batman's combined

Emperor Ashtar
That's to far, wolverine has the biggest jobber aura ever.

olympian
After Batman you mean.

He can solo God as long he has prep. You all know it.

brainchild81
Wolvie AND Bats both have taken an L before though.

olympian
Nowadays, they are mostly counterparts of each other, true.

Sado22
tell darko that.

dude...there is only one Hogan around here and his name is Ryu. think about it:
Ryu only has three moves.......hogan only has three moves (body slam, big boot and leg drop) laughing

Wolverine is the best. F' all!

~Sado

P-Geyser
tell darko that.

Ryu only has three moves.......hogan only has three moves (body slam, big boot and leg drop) laughing

~Sado

laughing laughing

Darkstorm Zero
tell darko that.

Tell me, how the hell do you know what order those events happened in? Hmm...?

Ryu also performed it in 2 other canon endings. Coicidence? righto... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
....and here we have a person trying to see a logical pattern in a game that is about everything but logic....come now, darko.

~Sado

olympian
tell darko that.

~Sado

haha, so very true.

brainchild81
But Ryu don't do the "Hulk up" Routine like Terry "Hulk" Bollea does. Terry "Hog" Bogard does. They're both American & have blond hair too. There's just so many connections

King Nothing
I must say, Ryu is not known for that Hulk routine. Either he wins or he loses, as simple as that.

Sado22
-ryu's win against SAgat
-ryu's lose to bison and then getting up and doing a shoryuken that had him retreat
you were saying?

Terry went berserker just like ryu did against Sagat...only Terry did it to a man who orpahend him, killed his father in front of his eyes, made his life hell for the next 15 years, threatened those he loved, and almost killed his only living family in front of his eyes agian...oh and was beating his ass down as well. Ryu hulked up because....."i want to win". and wham. Ryu angry. Ryu scar. he did the finger routine to Sagat, punched him thrice, gave him the big boot, milked the crowd reaction and gave him a shinkuu leg drop. roll eyes (sarcastic)
get real you people.
as for the Hulk Hogan routine......you're still denying the fact that Ryu does 3 moves and is supposed to be the true warrior. Hogan anyone?

I bet Denjin translates to "Thunderlips" laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

~Sado

King Nothing
Doesn't matter how many moves you do, he could do 1 move or none and still be a true warrior.

Darkstorm Zero
....and here we have a person trying to see a logical pattern in a game that is about everything but logic....come now, darko.

~Sado

Don't try to copout on me Sado... Under that mentality, everything ever debated here in the VG VS forum is utterly pointless.

Everyone, go home, because Sado Said so... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
its a JOKE......same way Terry=Hogan is a joke by Brain.

aint coping out, bro. Emp agrees with me on the Bison bit so....

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Ryu never performed a fatal Shoryuken to Final Bison, can we stop bringing that up.

Also, Ryu didn't hulk up, he became a completely different character. The only reason why they retconned the original fight between Sagat and Ryu was to give a place for Satsu No Ryu in the story. You have to remeber that Satsu No Hadou was a Deus Ex Machina introduced by Gouki. This pretty muched changed the entire plot of Street Fighter, because prior to Gouki's appearence everything was different:

-No Satsu No Hadou
-Bison originally killed Gouken, but it was retconned to bison simply owning Gouken and not killing him
-Ryu was a match for Sagat
-Sagat was a one of the Shi-Ten-Oh
-Sagat's entire personality was completely different
-Gouken had no Back-Story

I could go on, but Satsu No Hadou in General changed the entire plot.

Beserker Terry on the other hand was only implemented to make Terry look cool, and didn't do squat for FF as a whole.

King Nothing
its a JOKE......same way Terry=Hogan is a joke by Brain.
OH. . . My bad.

Sado22
somewhat true emperor. however i disagree with the "make Terry look cool bit". Terry biggest character development came with Geese's death and probably the most important phase of his life started: raising Rock Howard.
to me that fight's conclusion marked Terry's relatively dark phase as from then all the way till MOTW he was plagued by a certain guilt that he killed a man...not to mention made a child an orphan. Terry raised Rock to repent and save Geese bloodline...quite a show of character for a man to raise his worst enemy's son. Heck even in the fight itself, we saw Terry trying to save Geese. Terry tried to save him even though he knew Geese would never change. Yet he chose to save Geese. THAT too was a huge show of character.
and worst yet Terry realized that he failed at the end of MOTW as Rock went off with Kain. What Terry had tried to do for 10 years was all gone to waste in a span of a few minutes. Not to mention that Terry's relationship with Rock was on the rocks anyway since Rock barely spoke to him towards MOTW.

so no...it did advance the story and more so gave layers to the character of Terry Bogard.

its okay....its all typed anyway so i can't blame you for not getting it.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar

so no...it did advance the story and more so gave layers to the character of Terry Bogard.
~Sado

How much layers does he need, Sado? The guy is already the main character, and is fairly well developed at the expense of the cast. They could have made him a little effor t to let someone else shine.

Sado22
like ryu did for alex? smile

P-Geyser
How much layers does he need, Sado? The guy is already the main character, and is fairly well developed at the expense of the cast. They could have made him a little effor t to let someone else shine.

How long has it been since Terry has shined Emp?....in cas you have not noticed playmore is all about Flameusers shining.

Sado22
hey PG...hows it cooking with you? AHH YOU OKAY?!! big grin

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
How long has it been since Terry has shined Emp?....in cas you have not noticed playmore is all about Flameusers shining.

Doesn't matter how long it's been, as long as Fatal Fury gme comes out he will always shine. Why do you always bring up the flamers when were talking about terry, this has nothing to do with KOF.

Emperor Ashtar
like ryu did for alex? smile

Ryu, didn't steal the spot light, he just beat alex up. Alex won the Third World Warrior Tournament and pretty much had the story revolving around him. Ryu, did nothing of intrest in Street Fighter 3 except inspire alex to become a Street Fighter.

brainchild81
Ditto & no "rules" were broken since SF doesn't have a "Hero always wins no matter what policy" Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Why do you always bring up the flamers when were talking about terry, this has nothing to do with KOF. That's the million dollar question.

Sado22
he's got a point emperor. the last FF came out was in 99....and that was about a game that didn't have much to do with Terry. before that the last FF was (if i remember correct) in 96. KoFXI came out when? and who was the hero in THAT? KoF stopped being about Terry long, long, long, long ago. and yet all Capcom versus games have ryu getting a lap dance by Capcom. be Xmen VS SF, MArvel VS SF, CvsS, CvsS2, SvsC, MvsC, MvsC2...heck they were on his lap even in CvsNamco...a game that wasn't even a fighting game.
who was the leading guy in CvsS from SNK? what about cvss2? what about battlecolleisum? what about svsC? the only time Terry was leading SNK was in Cardfighters clash.

MOTW was about Rock. Terry didn't win the tourny. Rock won. Heck so far from what I've seen, Terry isn't even confirmed to have beaten Rock in the MOTW tourny.
Rock won MOTW without any excuses or luck factor. he won it on mettle.
Alex won it after not even having to go through, Ryu, Ken, Oro and have Gill take a dive for him. and when all that isn't bad enough, Alex gets raped by Ryu perfect. fact of the matter is emp, between Rock and Alex, Rock has shown some mettle. All alex has shown is that he has a great luck. again i'm not saying Alex should have beaten Ryu...but if you wanna talk about "shining" and "Stealing thunder" then Ryu does all of that by stealing Alex's show.

Rock won it after ploughing his way through all those characters and finally facing off with a man who could very well be inpar with Geese...or nearby at any rate. the only luck factor is that Terry was out of steam after his fight with Grant (which happened either after he defeated rock or before rock-terry could even start their fight).
and all this is stealing the show? please.

sure....and pulling the darkhadou out of his @$$ has nothing to do with "hero has to win policy" right? and then after an epiphany becoming so strong that he forces Bison to retreat though a while back he was pwned despite all his efforts...........and both of these cases are very unlike Berserker Terry because....?
emp, you asked for character development and i gave a thesis on the development Terry got from it. ryu did squat after he entered dark hadou. he tore sagat open, went home, "oh...master is dead...now i must go on my journey to become strongest", finds akuma, and (according to darko) beats him, nothing happens storywise since he is still confused, meets bison, gets pwned, gives into the darkside, is saved by a timely rescue by Sakura ken and sagat, does the hulk hogan routine and smacks Bison and forces him to retreat after a shoryuken and pfft.....hes same old ryu for the next 7 years till SF3 where he does nothing hog the show from Alex.

in SFA2 we have no idea who won between Bison and Ryu. Ryu happens to be one of the 4 people who make bison retreat in SFA3. Ryu is one of the 3 most likely winners of SF2. Ryu's only confirmed loss in a tournament is to a godtier.....and you're trying to prove that Terry is jobwhore because he was the member of the cast who put out the likes of Omega Rugal, Igniz and Orochi out of commission...........only in his case it wasn't four people doing it but anywwhere from 20 to 30.

so again I ask you emp (and brainy, if you have genuine answer for once wink ):
-how is his darkhadou routine in SF1 different from Terry in a REAL life and death situation of FFRB?
-how is ryu's hulk up and make godtier retreat routine different from Terry and Geese in FFRB?
-how is terry hoging light from new heroes when he hasn't been the main character of an SNK game since 1996.

no sugar coating. I want crisp, real, genuine answers. I'm kinda irate when i see people blaming terry for all the things ryu does.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
he's got a point emperor. the last FF came out was in 99....and that was about a game that didn't have much to do with Terry.

Yet, Terry was still there beating bosses I.E. Grant? I could careless about KOF, but bringing it up seems like a way to avoid giving me a legitimate response.

and yet all Capcom versus games have ryu getting a lap dance by Capcom. be Xmen VS SF, MArvel VS SF, CvsS, CvsS2, SvsC, MvsC, MvsC2...heck they were on his lap even in CvsNamco...a game that wasn't even a fighting game.
who was the leading guy in CvsS from SNK? what about cvss2? what about battlecolleisum? what about svsC? the only time Terry was leading SNK was in Cardfighters clash.

C'mon, Sado half the games you named came out in the mid- 90's and there old as hell just like FF. Not to mention that none of said games had Ryu as a main character with the exception of CVS 1&2 where he shared it with KYO. The rest had no main character what so ever.

MOTW was about Rock. Terry didn't win the tourny. Rock won. Heck so far from what I've seen, Terry isn't even confirmed to have beaten Rock in the MOTW tourny.

Yet, Terry fought Grant, and still had a part in the major storyline. You seem to be implying that Terry was completely uninvolved in MOTW.

Rock won MOTW without any excuses or luck factor. he won it on mettle.
Alex won it after not even having to go through, Ryu, Ken, Oro and have Gill take a dive for him. and when all that isn't bad enough, Alex gets raped by Ryu perfect. fact of the matter is emp, between Rock and Alex, Rock has shown some mettle.

It has nothing to do with mettle, it's that stupid SNK policy of the hero must always win. Which Capcom (Thank God) chooses not to follow.
And, alex has shown mettle when he won a Vale Tudo match against one of the strongest Street Fighters Balrog/Mike Bison. Just because Capcom actually cares about maintaining the dignity of Street Fighters supporting cast doesn't mean Alex has no mettle. Like I said several times, Alex beating Ryu is bad writing.

All alex has shown is that he has a great luck. again i'm not saying Alex should have beaten Ryu...but if you wanna talk about "shining" and "Stealing thunder" then Ryu does all of that by stealing Alex's show.

How does he steal his show when he has absolutey no involvement in the main plot what so ever? Hell, Ryu Vs Alex was a plot device which only had one purpse. It was to initiate Alex into the world of Street fighting. Ryu, has no involvement in Street Fighter 3's main plot none of the veteran Fighters do, Compare that to Terry in Garou. Hell, Terry was the only returning character, VS Ryu who wasn't even supposed to be in the game.

Rock won it after ploughing his way through all those characters. . . Stop right there, That is very bad writing.

sure....and pulling the darkhadou out of his @$$ has nothing to do with "hero has to win policy" right?

Considering I explained that Satsu No Hadou was not random, it came out before the alpha series. It was given an adequate explanation in alpha and effected the entire continuity of Street Fighter. I wish I could say the same for beserker Terry which did nothing, but add more layers to an already over exposed main character. Also, Ryu winning one tournament is not a "Hero always wins Policy" considering they explained some of his fights, and Evil Ryu was the one who one the match not Ryu.

and then after an epiphany becoming so strong that he forces Bison to retreat though a while back he was pwned despite all his efforts...........and both of these cases are very unlike Berserker Terry because....?

That never happened, sado. Why do you keep bringing it up?

It took: Sagat, Ryu, Ken, and sakura to just push him back Vs Beserker Terry coming out of the blue with no adequate explanation what so ever owning a boss as usual.

emp, you asked for character development and i gave a thesis on the development Terry got from it. ryu did squat after he entered dark hadou. he tore sagat open, went home, "oh...master is dead...now i must go on my journey to become strongest", finds akuma, and (according to darko) beats him, nothing happens storywise since he is still confused, meets bison, gets pwned, gives into the darkside, is saved by a timely rescue by Sakura ken and sagat, does the hulk hogan routine and smacks Bison and forces him to retreat after a shoryuken and pfft.....hes same old ryu for the next 7 years till SF3 where he does nothing hog the show from Alex.

Here we go again, so despite the fact it changed the entire plot of Street Fighter. Satsu No Hadou did squat?! okay sado when you decide to stop minimalizing Ryu's achievements and Over-Hyping Terry's we can continue. I'm stopping here since it's pointless to really continue.

King Nothing
Even I must say, in the versus series (except CVS and SVC) Ryu took a much needed back seat. I was actually surprised that Ryu got less focus, but then again, in the Marvel VS series there were FAR better selectable Capcom characters then Ryu.

BLODIA!!!

Emperor Ashtar
King Nothing, what's your opinion of beserk terry?

Major Snafu
It has nothing to do with mettle, it's that stupid SNK policy of the hero must always win. Which Capcom (Thank God) chooses not to follow.

Technically, Capcom does follow that rule, only difference is that unlike Kyo Kusanagi, who wins the KOF tournaments via the damned plot device, the winners of the Street Fighter Tournaments are people other than Ryu.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Technically, Capcom does follow that rule, only difference is that unlike Kyo Kusanagi, who wins the KOF tournaments via the damned plot device, the winners of the Street Fighter Tournaments are people other than Ryu.

LOL, true

King Nothing
King Nothing, what's your opinion of berserk terry? I like Terry, one of the best but berserk Terry is dumb.

1.Why is it all of a sudden he goes berserk? That made no sense to me.

2. There was no real struggle, he went berserk and beat Geese then quickly got unberserk never to be seen berserk again, as if SNK just had to find a way for Terry to defeat Geese. I don't really see that as character development, not to mention he wasn't even playable.

3. I love SNK like a close friend but they are really overdoing this berserk/evil/true form thing, rather it be in game or story wise. It seems like every SNK character has another damn form or version of them selves, you can make a game with a nice roster just off of other character forms alone.
Terry really doesn't need to go crazy or transform. The plain old jobbing would've been better, IMO. Or at least they could've had everyone jump Geese and kill him rather then always finding ways for Terry to solo Geese.

P-Geyser
Doesn't matter how long it's been, as long as Fatal Fury gme comes out he will always shine. Why do you always bring up the flamers when were talking about terry, this has nothing to do with KOF.

I bring it up BECAUSE KOF IS THE ONLY THING PLAYMORE PUMPS OUT.

I BRING IT UP BECAUSE, the character of Terry Bogard has not shined in awhile and there is no more FF games PERIOD. The closest thing would be if they made another MOTW'S 2 and guess what.. it would most likley be about Rock shining not Terry.

You guys act like Terry is shining now as we speak for f**ks sake. The flameboys are still shining way more than Terry.

P-Geyser
hey PG...hows it cooking with you? AHH YOU OKAY?!! big grin

~Sado

Not really... it's the same tiresome sh!t.

King Nothing
I like Terry just as much as the flame users and to be honest, I would really like it if he got more show, but It wouldn't be right if Terry just comes along and takes his shine back after Kyo has had it for so long.

Terry's turn is over and Kyo should take a back seat as well. Let's make another great hero character, SNK Playmore. Even Ryu had to sit his ass down. The only reason he's even in SF 3 is because the fans wanted it.

brainchild81
Rock should have the KOF spotlight now. I used to have so much respect for SNK character design. They've been coming up w/bullsh*t since Ash though. I'm not sure if they've got "it" anymore they try something new & we get the Mieras. sickOriginally posted by Sado22
so again I ask you emp (and brainy, if you have genuine answer for once wink ):
-how is his darkhadou routine in SF1 different from Terry in a REAL life and death situation of FFRB?These are questions you already know the answers to mane. Or @ least this one is. Ryu basically cheated. Sagat gets to keeps some dignity cause the fact that Ryu had to cheapshot the mofo means his badass factor doesn't go down. I've said this b4. Geese just gets his ass kicked sad All the timeOriginally posted by Sado22
-how is ryu's hulk up and make godtier retreat routine different from Terry and Geese in FFRB?Terry have help? Ryu have help?Originally posted by Sado22
-how is terry hoging light from new heroes when he hasn't been the main character of an SNK game since 1996.You misunderstand again. What I've said is he hogged the FF spotlight pre-rock. He did. MOTW is still up in the air until results are confirmed. Of course Terry doesn't hog the spotlight nowadays, otherwise my bloodbro would love KOFsmileOriginally posted by Sado22
no sugar coating. I want crisp, real, genuine answers. I'm kinda irate when i see people blaming terry for all the things ryu does. laughingIt's not that serious. You only see that 'cuz ya ain't payin' attention mane. Ryu ain't been made out to be unbeatable while everybody else does nothing but get beaten.

Sado22
the boss of MOTW is not grant emperor and its not even like you didn't know that. so why play the ignorant one. Kain R Heilein is the main badguy, the mastermind and the main antagonist of MOTW. terry beat a mere underling. he beat his flunkie. who beat the badguy? that's right: Rock Howard did.

all the more reasonable to bring them up. Ryu has been the main character in all these games, old or new. while Terry was only leading in ONE game....and in that he was sharing it with Ryu.
you concede now?

Grant=flunkie, second fiddle, not boss.
I'll answer to that depending on your answer to this:
how important is Oro to the SF3 storyline?

at either rate, Rock advanced in the tourny without excuses. Alex advanced in the tourny through dumb luck, or good karma or whatever you wanna call it. face the facts.
Ken=never faced him
Ryu=never faced him
Oro=never faced him
Gill=took a dive for him

and that reminds me: who raped Sean in the qaulifying rounds and who raped him later on in SF3 3rd strike too?
seems the SF'ers have a bad habit of trampling all over their newer generations. Terry gracefully stepped aside and let the likes of Kyo, Rock, K' and ash take his floor. Ken and Ryu are not only pwning the newer generation perfect. Heck Ryu even kept on smacking Sean around with the same move umpteenth time in the row.
*before you start. not asking for ryu to lose to sean either*

Terry about as much to do with the new plot as you claim ryu to.
Terry:
-didn't beat the boss
-didn't win the tourny
-didn't help rock win
-wasn't even AROUND when Rock was fighting Kain

the only involvement terry has in the plot is that 10 years ago he killed the hero's father and is atoning for it. oh and he beat Kain's lackey. hardly qualifies as stealing the show.

Ryu wasn't supposed to be in the game, i know. and what does that mean? squat. fact of the matter is:
-he is there
-he went up till the quarter finals where he was only defeated by a godtier freak of nature...otherwise he would have atleast made it to the finals (since alex was shown to be equal to his left nut in 3rd strike)

yeah, that's very cute emp smile

your explanation for dark hadou was good and I understand what you mean. my point is this though...how is the incident with Bison and Ryu (after sagat smacked him) different from what Terry did to Geese. I'll list the SFA3 bit and correct me if i am wrong:
-Bison finds Ryu
-they fight and Bison beats him despite ryu's efforts
-ryu loses
-Bison starts the whamo
-Sagat and co interfere
-Sagat pwns Pscyho Ryu
-Ryu gets up and hits bison with the shoryuken that either blew him up, or made him retreat at any rate

in FFRB what happesn:
-Terry (and possibly Andy) confront Geese
-Geese has all the power of the scrolls except hte immortality bit which was the last part of the scroll
-Terry fights him
-Geese is smacking him around royally
-Andy almost dies when he is about to fall from the building courtesy geese
-Terry goes berserk and now wants to kill Geese (after all the suffering he has caused him)
-does triple geyser and kncoks him off the building with it

and how is this different. wait so what, Ryu saw the light and his epiphany made him stronger now? how is that NOT pulling something out of his keister? if terry pulled something out of his @$$ in FFRB then Ryu is as much guilty of doing the same in SFA3 and even in SF1.

heck even darkhadou is lame IMO. he wants to win and he taps into his darkside. how lame. berserker terry is lame too...but atleast it'll make more sense for him since he suffered 10x more because of Geese than ryu ever did with Sagat (who barely knew each other). sagat didn't kill gouken, nor did he make ryu an orphan, or force him on the streets, or ruin his life, or make him stay on those streets for 10 years or have everyone he cares about (if there is someone ryu actually cares about) be threatened and having to watch his only remaining family get killed. ryu didn't go through any of that....and yet taps into his dark side. but that's okay. terry does the same after going through all of that...and its totally unacceptable.
unfair.

i read that at tiamat'ssad
and darko even insists that it was the thing that blew him up.

from tiamat's, the way i see it:
ryu does ONE regular move to push away a godtier versus terry going berserker and turn the tide and then do a move that happened to push Geese off the tower and then fall down to his death.

no need to go crazy! you misunderstood me.
darkhadou has become irreleveant since SFA3 hasn't it? that's what i meant. SF1 with the retcon story includes it. SFA2 Ryu fights akuma and trying to understand what happened to him in SF1. SFA3 he confronts bison and overcomes it after a hulk hogan routine. come SF2 and it has nothing to do with the plot. SF3 and its almost non-existant. sf3 3rd strike....nada.
get my point?

Terry/Geese at every time was a life and death match. given their history terry going into berserker rage makes a LOT more sense than ryu/sagat in a regular match.

when ryu pwned Bison with that punch, sagat, sakura and ken were more like cheerleaders than anything else. HOGAN ROUTINE. i bet after the match he went around the cliff and did the posing toobig grin

Terry won FF1 and FF2. FFRB he won.
FF3 he gets pwned and literally had his keister saved by Geese in more ways than one. hon fu came to his rescue agaisnt Zaki of all people. MOTW he practically had nothing to do with it. FFRB2 and FFRBS are noncanon. FFRBDM is noncanon too. FFS is noncanon....and that's hoging? so tell me: ryu being the hero in SvsC, cvsS, CvsS2, Xmen vs SF, M vs SF, MvsC, MvsC2, CFAS is not hogging spotlight. please.
oh and i asked you to answer this to me but you didn't and neither did emperor:
-ryu won SF1
-Ryu is one of the most likely winners of SF2
-Ryu only lost in SF3 cuz he was up against a godtier oro

oh and PG would like KoF were Kyo not such a lazy, lucky, amassing sphere of naturally abundant talent. THAT is what PG really has a problem with. so who is misunderstanding now? smile

MOTW has confirmed results. Rock won it. this isn't SF where people don't even know who wins.

like when terry was getting his butt handed to him by Zaki and was totally at the mercy of the jins....right?
maybe if andy, joe and mai came to cheerlead him he would do the hogan routine, to the finger shaking, land 3 big blows, do a big boot, milk the crowd reaction and land the shinkuulegdrop.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
the boss of MOTW is not grant emperor and its not even like you didn't know that. so why play the ignorant one. Kain R Heilein is the main badguy, the mastermind and the main antagonist of MOTW. terry beat a mere underling. he beat his flunkie. who beat the badguy? that's right: Rock Howard did.

Doesnt matter, Grant wasa mid boss... thats alotofexposure right there.

all the more reasonable to bring them up. Ryu has been the main character in all these games, old or new. while Terry was only leading in ONE game....and in that he was sharing it with Ryu.
you concede now?

I think you missed it... he said that Ryu WASN'T the main man in any of the games, Maybe in CVS1 & 2, but thats a dubious judgement...

and that reminds me: who raped Sean in the qaulifying rounds and who raped him later on in SF3 3rd strike too?
seems the SF'ers have a bad habit of trampling all over their newer generations. Terry gracefully stepped aside and let the likes of Kyo, Rock, K' and ash take his floor. Ken and Ryu are not only pwning the newer generation perfect. Heck Ryu even kept on smacking Sean around with the same move umpteenth time in the row.
*before you start. not asking for ryu to lose to sean either*

Sean is an exeption dueto hisdirect connection to the Ansatsuken users via Ken being his teacher... Sean wanted to try and beat Ryu so he deserved that spanking.

your explanation for dark hadou was good and I understand what you mean. my point is this though...how is the incident with Bison and Ryu (after sagat smacked him) different from what Terry did to Geese. I'll list the SFA3 bit and correct me if i am wrong:
-Bison finds Ryu
-ryu loses
-Bison starts the whamo
-Sagat and co interfere
-Sagat pwns Pscyho Ryu
-Ryu gets up and hits bison with the shoryuken that either blew him up, or made him retreat at any rate

you missed several factors reguarding Bison...
-Bison was weakened due to his fights with Ken, Sakura, Charlie, Guile and the dolls.
-The Psycho Drive was destroyed, and his already dying body was forced to absorb the full brunt of the Drives escaped energy.
-When Ryu performed the Shoryuken, it detonated this exess energy causing Bison to self destruct.

and how is this different. wait so what, Ryu saw the light and his epiphany made him stronger now? how is that NOT pulling something out of his keister? if terry pulled something out of his @$$ in FFRB then Ryu is as much guilty of doing the same in SFA3 and even in SF1.

Wrong... the Sagat fight was the only time, AND the Bison affair had many MANY factors attached to it,m rendering any argument about that part useless.

heck even darkhadou is lame IMO. he wants to win and he taps into his darkside. how lame. berserker terry is lame too...but atleast it'll make more sense for him since he suffered 10x more because of Geese than ryu ever did with Sagat (who barely knew each other). sagat didn't kill gouken, nor did he make ryu an orphan, or force him on the streets, or ruin his life, or make him stay on those streets for 10 years or have everyone he cares about (if there is someone ryu actually cares about) be threatened and having to watch his only remaining family get killed. ryu didn't go through any of that....and yet taps into his dark side. but that's okay. terry does the same after going through all of that...and its totally unacceptable.
unfair.

Noneof that is relevant, Ryu was TEMPTED by his dark side... he didn't call on it... and the fact that is was actually a natural reaction made it more profound, since he wasn't trained in the Messatsu Arts. Terry on the other hand somehow gets more power from being pissed off... THATS an incredible Hulk trait...

i read that at tiamat'ssad
and darko even insists that it was the thing that blew him up.

I explained why I beleiveitto be soalready...

from tiamat's, the way i see it:
ryu does ONE regular move to push away a godtier versus terry going berserker and turn the tide and then do a move that happened to push Geese off the tower and then fall down to his death.

Not a regular move, and it has special circumstances attached... Ryu destroying Bison is actually considered a plotconvenianceunder these circumstances, but it's certainly not jobbing.

darkhadou has become irreleveant since SFA3 hasn't it? that's what i meant. SF1 with the retcon story includes it. SFA2 Ryu fights akuma and trying to understand what happened to him in SF1. SFA3 he confronts bison and overcomes it after a hulk hogan routine. come SF2 and it has nothing to do with the plot. SF3 and its almost non-existant. sf3 3rd strike....nada.
get my point?

SF2 has Akuma appearing to challenge Ryu a 2nd time... perhaps to signify that Ryu no longer needs the dark Hadou... choosing thepath of his master rather than Akuma's path.

3rd Strike... Ryu's demonstrated that he can acheive all the strength and power thatAkuma can wield without the need to destroy...

when ryu pwned Bison with that punch, sagat, sakura and ken were more like cheerleaders than anything else. HOGAN ROUTINE. i bet after the match he went around the cliff and did the posing toobig grin

What? that requires proof... THEY where fighting just as much as Ryu was.

FF3 he gets pwned and literally had his keister saved by Geese in more ways than one. hon fu came to his rescue agaisnt Zaki of all people. MOTW he practically had nothing to do with it. FFRB2 and FFRBS are noncanon. FFRBDM is noncanon too. FFS is noncanon....and that's hoging? so tell me: ryu being the hero in SvsC, cvsS, CvsS2, Xmen vs SF, M vs SF, MvsC, MvsC2, CFAS is not hogging spotlight. please.
-ryu won SF1
-Ryu only lost in SF3 cuz he was up against a godtier oro

Forone, all those non-canon games have no heroes... NONE...

For two... is Terry still undefeated? Yes... Why? Hero must always win Gaymore policy says so.

Sado22
its really not that much of an exposure since MOTW isn't about Terry, stepping on everyone's shoes and becoming hero or spankign the heroes perfect. that only The True Hogan does.

Xmen VS Street: Ryu and cyclops
Marvel VS SF: ryu vs Cyclops or Ryu vs Captain america
Marvel VS Capcom: ryu and captain america
C vs SNK: ryu and Kyo
C vs SNK2: ryu and Kyo
S vs C: ryu and kyo
Card Clash fighters: Ryu and Terry

you were saying...?

Sean=Ryu's best friend's student
Rock=Terry's direct student

Rock wants to surpass Terry and beat him to know his lineage. Ryu barely knows Sean.
who is smacking newer generation left and right now? who is stealing the show?

bison is godtier. he wouldn't be weakened or something.

...nevermind.

like i said...nevermind.

Sado22
stop calling the shots around here. i hate people with that kinda of an attitude as if they are the authority deciding what is to go around.

as for the Sagat fight. all i want is for you guys to give me ONE reason why pulling the satsui no hadou is not pulling something out of his @$$ and Terry going berserker is.
it advanced story? not an explanation really. more like a copout.
i want a proper explanation.
fact of the matter is both of them, at a moment of true hatred/desperation tapped into their darker sides. Capcom only happend to have a name for it.

...berserker rage is a natural phenomena. google itsmile

Haohmaru=lost to Genjuro on 2 occassions and canonwise the only two times the crossed paths
Kyo=weaker than Iori and at his mercy in all the fights they've had. also got mauled by Goenitz, and Orochi Iori. was being mauled by Omega Rugal too
K'= defeated by Krizalid
Ryo=possibly lost to Robert in AoF3

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Sado, Ryu is not the main character of any versus really. He's simply at the cover because he's the Trade Mark of the Street Fighter franchise. There is no real plot in any of the versus, so how can he be a main character? Not, to mention all those examples you named feature Ryu sharing the spot light with another trademark character.

-Compare that to Terry who's been in the spotlight of every Fatal Fury instead of Garou at the expense of the cast. It's no wonder the cast of Fatal Fury are considered nobodies and jobbers. They get owned at Terry's expense. Do you actually expect them to win a versus match in this forum? Terry beatigg Grant is a huge deal, you mmay not want to see it, but Grant is still a major player in the plot. Ryu, hasn't even met a major player in the SF plot with the exception of Alex. Like I said, Ryu's fight with Alex was a plot device for the future. Prior to meeting Ryu, Alex was a naive fighter. He believed his mentor/Trainer tom was unbeatable. Hell, after Tom fought Gill and lost, Alex wanted revenge despite Tom telling him he lost Fair & Square.

-Also, Terry never gave way for the flamers in KOF, since KOF's continuity completely ignores that of every other game. Hell, Terry never gets any mention in KOF at all. So, there is really no point in bringing that up.

-Oro is less important to the plot as Necro, So, no point in mentioning him.

at either rate, Rock advanced in the tourny without excuses. Alex advanced in the tourny through dumb luck, or good karma or whatever you wanna call it. face the facts.
Ken=never faced him
Ryu=never faced him
Oro=never faced him
Gill=took a dive for him

Because Capcom actually gives a hoot about there supporting cast. No, point in having a cast job just to make the main character look cool.

heck even darkhadou is lame IMO. he wants to win and he taps into his darkside. how lame. berserker terry is lame too...but atleast it'll make more sense for him since he suffered 10x more because of Geese than ryu ever did with Sagat (who barely knew each other).
So, what, Satsu No Hadou has an explanation and is a plot device that effected the entire continuity of Street Fighter. Beserker Terry is a lame plot device that just made Terry look cool. You can deny this all you want, but that's what it is.

Emperor Ashtar

-Bison finds Ryu
-ryu loses
-Bison starts the whamo
-Sagat and co interfere
-Sagat pwns Pscyho Ryu

Sado, that never happned so why bring it up all the time?
Ryu, never single handley pushed back bsion, ever. That's from his stupid non-canon ending, where he kills bison. We know Ryu never killed bison, so therefore that scenerio is out of the question.

and how is this different. wait so what, Ryu saw the light and his epiphany made him stronger now? how is that NOT pulling something out
of his keister? if terry pulled something out of his @$$ in FFRB then Ryu is as much guilty of doing the same in SFA3 and even in SF1.

Your misinterperting the scenerio, Bsion wanted Ryu to submitt to his Dark side. the reason being was that it would simutaniously allow Ryu to give into psycho power. When Ryu realized this through Sagats help (Notice that he has help, unlike Terry) he decides to that a win is not worth killing, and finally gives up Satsu No Hadou just like how Gouken doesn't use Satsu No Hadou. Toghether, sagat, Ryu, Ken, and Sakura manage to push bison back.

get my point?

That's called a resolution, Satsu No Hadou was: presented, effected the plot, and was resolved.

It took 3 games for this to happen versus berserker Terry which only appears once, only effects Terry and disappears as fast as it appears.

-ryu won SF1
-Ryu only lost in SF3 cuz he was up against
a godtier oro

So, Terry's exempt because those games are non-canon, but Ryu's still guilty of being over exposed. Despite the fact all thos games you named are non-canon cross overs where he shared the spot light and there was no plot? Your really pushing it Sado, this is what I mean.

MOTW has confirmed results. Rock won it. this isn't SF where people don't even know who wins.
~Sado
So, you should have no problem telling us who fought who?

King Nothing
I must also say, Rock never had to face in FF vets (because there aint any in GMOTW) while there are a few vets in in 3rd Strike.

Emperor Ashtar
Terry is the only Vet in FF, since everyone else sucks.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by King Nothing
I like Terry just as much as the flame users and to be honest, I would really like it if he got more show, but It wouldn't be right if Terry just comes along and takes his shine back after Kyo has had it for so long.

Terry's turn is over and Kyo should take a back seat as well. Let's make another great hero character, SNK Playmore. Even Ryu had to sit his ass down. The only reason he's even in SF 3 is because the fans wanted it.

I agree but somehow Kyo gets to be the main man and the hero again and to me that sucks.

Sado22
you are right.
however, ryu was still the main hero of those games while terry has never been the main character or even poster boy for even any SNK cross game.
SvsC: kyo
CvsS: kyo
CvsS: kyo
Battle collesium: the new guy
Card fighters: TErry

as opposed to all those capcom games. understand?

~Sado

brainchild81
Ryu & Kyo are the main guys for their respective companies. Luckily, neither one of them has a "I can't be defeated.........ever" rule put in place to save them from asswhoopins

shin_remy
what has Ryu to do in this topic ?

Emperor Ashtar
Those are none canon games Sado, and he's sharing the spot light. Not to mention the only reason he's in those games is because he's the Trade Mark Street Fighter. Non-canon games aside, Ryu hasn't been the main character since the first Street Fighter which came out in 1987. That's 19 years ago!

Sado22
that's what I'm saying: ryu gets the attention for being the posterboy and is hence almost always the mainguy or the main protagonist.

Also emperor, you're ignoring SFA2 and SFA3 both of which heavily relied on Ryu. SFA3 came out in 1998 if i remember correct.
The last FF (prior to MOTW) was non-canon FFRBS was in 1996. SFA3 was canon.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
that's what I'm saying: ryu gets the attention for being the posterboy and is hence almost always the mainguy or the main protagonist.
Being a poster boy doesn't make you a main character, sado. Kyo is the poster boy of KOF, yet hasn't been the main character for a while. Ash is the main character now.

Also emperor, you're ignoring SFA2 and SFA3 both of which heavily relied on Ryu. SFA3 came out in 1998 if i remember correct.
The last FF (prior to MOTW) was non-canon FFRBS was in 1996. SFA3 was canon.

~Sado

1)Alpha had no central story or a main character, everyone was simply doing there own thing. Especially Alpha 2 where every character had there own boss.

2) If your using that canon argument, than stop bringing up versus games.

P-Geyser
Being a poster boy doesn't make you a main character, sado. Kyo is the poster boy of KOF, yet hasn't been the main character for a while. Ash is the main character now.

Though Ash is a villian. Playmore revived the damn orochi story, so it will most likley be Kyo as the main man pounding Ash into dust.

Sado22
Kyo IS the main character of this saga.

Emperor Ashtar
Kyo IS the main character of this saga.

No, he isn't, Ash is since he was in the hero team.

Sado22
Kyo is the main character since Ash is actually the villain.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Kyo is not the main character, Sado. He's not on the hero team, he's till in the main story, but not the main character.

King Nothing
Ash is both the protagonist and the antagonist.

Darkstorm Zero
Sado, that never happned so why bring it up all the time?
Ryu, never single handley pushed back bsion, ever. That's from his stupid non-canon ending, where he kills bison. We know Ryu never killed bison, so therefore that scenerio is out of the question.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree withyouon this point emp...

That act was supported by two other confirmed cannon endings (Namely, Sagat's and Sakura's endings)

Emperor Ashtar
I already conceded that point though.

Classic NES
I'm leaning towards geese, but it's close.

King Hellstorm
I don't think Ryu soloed Bison...

Furion
Sephiroth soloed Akuma.

Classic NES
Can't solo someone if you have help from three other fighters.

Furion
no, he killed him easy.

King Hellstorm
I soloed Akuma

Classic NES
Wasn't talkin to you furion.

Sado22
....where did this thread come up from? confused

Furion
Originally posted by Classic NES
Wasn't talkin to you furion.
oh srry