End of an era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
One of my best mates and his girlfriend have just split up. I've know him since school and they've been going out since then so its hit him pretty hard. They went through this a couple of months ago and got back together but this time I think its really over.

The real problem is that she's left him and he still loves her, its horrible to see him going through this and there's more to come when they sell thier house and split the possessions I guess.

I going out for a drink with him tonight and we're going on a big session into B'ham tomorrow so I'm hoping that the beer will ease his pain. I just hope he gets some female attention tomorrow, not that he'd be intrested but it would work wonders for his self esteem.

S**t like this stirs up lots of bad feeling for me, spare a thought for those unlucky in love this weekend. sad

mah
that's sad. hope it'll wear off

yerssot
he'll get over it, in a few days

mah
probably not in a few days, yerss, if he's been with her for years.

yerssot
when I say "in a few days", I mean those days in my pace...
so that would mean...
*thinks*
a few weeks for y'all

Dexx
sad.....think it'll be a lot of time to recovering

Tex
People never get over things like this, they just learn to live with it.
So why did she leave?

PadmeSkywalker
I hope it all works out for him.....

Fire
well I hope so too

finti
might be harsh but thats life sad,what school are we talking about here Mech

Gundark
Tex is right. You just learn to live with it.

But it still sucks.

finti
there is always another babe

Tex
:shy: I'm Right! I'm Right! I'm Right! :shy:

Captain REX
Ouch. That's gotta hurt. sad

Corran
Another character building experience, albeit not a good ne to go through, he should be able to cope if he has his friends around him for company for the next couple of weeks at least.
Just carry on as you are drinking with him.

Tex
Depression and alchocol dont mix.
Or do they?

yerssot
definitly
*gives tex a beer*
try it

Captain REX
Sometimes they don't. They'll drink and drink till they can't no more. sick

Tex
Tastes like peee

yerssot
so you're used to it

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Dis!

Tex
I'm not into watersports! stick out tongue

yerssot
you are when you sleep

Captain REX
Ewwww!

sick

Tex
Outrageous!!!!! mad

yerssot
yes, I know... your age and still doing that

Tex
Now everytime I smell pee, I'll think of you! happy

Captain REX
That's gross...

...Tex isn't using the rubber pants that I got him last Christmas! stick out tongue

yerssot
there is no happy smilie tex...

Captain REX
A happy smilie? Don't you mean a smile smilie or a big grin smilie?

Tex
I think rubber pants are sexy! smokin'
So does yers!

Captain REX
Oh god...

*hurls in the rubber pants*

yerssot
*tex voice*
oh please! rubber pants are sooooo 1990!

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Tex
Ummm, No!!
Rubber pants are totally hot right now! smokin'

yerssot
because bjork has them?

Tex
The Smashing Pumpkins have a song called :Germans in Rubber Pants: It's so kewl! cool

Captain REX
That's...nice...bleugh... sick

Tex
Rubb me in my rubber pants! eek!

Captain REX
*hurls in Tex's rubber pants*

Captain REX
I only like rubber pants when sexy girls are wearing them, not Bjork lovers.

Tex
Ohhhh Ahhhhhhh! :shy:

Captain REX
You've got a problem with that? stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Haven't been on all weekend cus its just been one long drinking session with my poor mucka.

Thursday was meant to be a nice quiet drink but I got home at 3.30 am! Friday's night into B'ham saw me getting home after 3.30 am, but I'm not too sure what went on that night. embarrasment

Saturday I went for a couple of afternoon beers with him to get over our hangovers and then we rented DVD's and vegged in front of the TV all day. Yesterday I did pretty much the same and went to get him again to go to the cinema. I hope he gets over her soon, I doubt my liver could stand much more of this therapy.

She left him cus she feels like she's got too much too young (cue Finti for the Specials song), but thats not really gonna make him feel better is it. She says, "..its not you, its me...", which means, "...I don't fancy you anymore...".

I think its a case of "the grass is always greener" for her, I hope she realises this a few months down the line and he's got another girl. Serve her right. mad sad

Corran
Good work Mech.

mechmoggy
Same has happened again this week, we've been out so much I haven't had time for anything. We watched the England match yesterday which we played crap it, good job we scraped through though.

Mrs.MM has set my mate up with a friend tonight so I'm hoping he's on the road to recovery. About time too, Friday night I got so drunk I was actually dancing. Oh dear god, thats a memory I'm gonna struggle to shake off. sad

Fire
well with enough of booze u should be able to forget it I assume smile

Corran
Mech just tell me that you did NOT dance to that famous ABBA track.

finti
Too much too young
Your done too much much too young
Your married with a kid when you could be having fun with me
Your done too much much too young
Now you're married with a son when you should be having fun with me"
-Specials

yerssot
this means we should give finti a quarter every time he starts a song?

finti
a quarter?? are you scottish or what??

yerssot
no, but such songs aren't worth much, only lyrics, no sounds

finti
cheap shot

yerssot
gimme music!

Thomas H
hmmmz

mechmoggy
Nah Corran it wasn't a cheesy 70's club it was playing some good dance music, oh and it played "Bacon Fries" once too. That tracks older than me!

England were piss-poor last night, congrats to Wales though - who'd have thought it eh?

finti
not me, taf beat spagetti go figure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.