the hypocritical christian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Oblivion
I was talking to one of my christian friends and I told him I didn't have a religion. He goes off ranting and raving about how bad it was that I wasn't christian and how I thought that his way wasn't good enough and blah-blah-blah. It made me wonder, you are supposed to accept everyone for who they are, no matter what race or religion they are, so says his God. If that is true, then he should accept that I have no religion and maybe not stay quiet about it but definatly not go ranting about all that crap. I've noticed this alot in the modern day christians(it doesn't even have to be christians, ive noticed it in alot of religions.) and it makes me wonder: Is the word of their God falling on deaf ears? Are the modern day christians becoming hypocritical?

Shakyamunison
Well, at least they don't burn you at the stake these days, so we have made some progress.

Darth Oblivion
why did I know someone was gonna pop off with a sarcastic remark? and why am i surprised that it was you? lol.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Oblivion
why did I know someone was gonna pop off with a sarcastic remark? and why am i surprised that it was you? lol.

Well, you know me... embarrasment And I was only 60% sarcastic. The 40% was fair that they my one day come to the conclusion that it is better for you to die then continue offending god. eek!

FeceMan
I was talking to one of my christian friends and I told him I didn't have a religion. He goes off ranting and raving about how bad it was that I wasn't christian and how I thought that his way wasn't good enough and blah-blah-blah. It made me wonder, you are supposed to accept everyone for who they are, no matter what race or religion they are, so says his God. If that is true, then he should accept that I have no religion and maybe not stay quiet about it but definatly not go ranting about all that crap. I've noticed this alot in the modern day christians(it doesn't even have to be christians, ive noticed it in alot of religions.) and it makes me wonder: Is the word of their God falling on deaf ears? Are the modern day christians becoming hypocritical?
Christianity is the epitome of hypocrisy. We Christians are called to worship and serve the Lord with every breath, every action, and each day we do everything but that. Even when we're trying, we're failing.

But, we also teach forgiveness and mercy for these things.

Anyhow, if he's your friend, tell him to shut up and then kick his ass in Halo.

Nellinator
Originally posted by FeceMan
Christianity is the epitome of hypocrisy. We Christians are called to worship and serve the Lord with every breath, every action, and each day we do everything but that. Even when we're trying, we're failing.

Anyhow, if he's your friend, tell him to shut up and then kick his ass in Halo.

Alliance
And at the same time, if it was acutally possible to follow every aspect fo the Bible and God, it would be the end of industrialized society.

Nellinator
Really? The evidence of that is what?

Alliance
Could a state and a Christian society co-exist?

Nellinator
Yes.

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan

Anyhow, if he's your friend, tell him to shut up and then kick his ass in Halo. That's very honest there Feceman. I had grown up most my life with Christians and it would just surprise me how they would lie, gossip, and even switch price tags amongst other things. I looked at these elders and parents and wondered what the.....In fact I know of an incident where some parents split up and instead of putting the kids first, the one parent did all they could do to hurt the other parent including breaking Federal laws. How Christian.

Alliance
Originally posted by Nellinator
Yes.

Even with split loyalties?

We're not talking about a society of Chirstians, we are tlaking about a Christian society by the book.

Nellinator
Well, since the book commands us to follow the laws of the country we dwell in... yes. There is nothing anti-government in the Bible. "Give on to Caesar what is Caesar's"... which is one of the wittiest and clever things ever said imo.

chithappens

I'm not sure that is only modern or only Christian.

mr.smiley

They shouldn't pass judgement on you.That's suppose to be their 'Gods' job.Not theirs.

Alliance
Well, since the book commands us to follow the laws of the country we dwell in... yes. There is nothing anti-government in the Bible. "Give on to Caesar what is Caesar's"... which is one of the wittiest and clever things ever said imo.

Well that didn't work with taxes to the imperial cult...

marcu

I am a Christian...I know EXACTLY what you are talking about here. There is NOTHING worse than a hypocritical Christian. Everyone makes errors and has faults..but nothing is worse than someone who is doing the exact opposite of what the bible teaches in trying to reach out to a non-believer.

I sooo hear you on this one. This EXACT thing turned me away from church and God for many years. I have since found my way back..but only through chucking out all the things placed in my head and starting over...just me a Him.

Alliance
If there are so many interpretations of Christianity, by your own admission, how can you blame someone for following what they think it is the word of God (even if you find it hypocritical)?

marcu
Originally posted by Alliance
If there are so many interpretations of Christianity, by your own admission, how can you blame someone for following what they think it is the word of God (even if you find it hypocritical)?

Are you talking to me? confused

debbiejo
Originally posted by mr.smiley
They shouldn't pass judgement on you.That's suppose to be their 'Gods' job.Not theirs. Yes, that would make them judgemental, and people aren't suppose to judge.

Alliance
Originally posted by marcu
Are you talking to me? confused
Yes

Goddess Kali
Hypocrisy isn't a Christian thing....all people are hypocrites.

Christians are no better or worse than the rest of us, because guess what ? They are just people too....

I used to attack Christians like crazy because of my anger, but then I realized something:

How many people have I judged and insulted ?

I told myself, no one, I judge no one for thier sexual orientation or race....

Then I asked myself again...no....do you judge people in any way what so ever ?

And I realized that ...yes..I do in fact judge people, and I also carry false impressions of people, stereotyping thier identity before I get to actually know them as a person.

I used to be very superficial, judging people by thier looks. Always comparing and contrasting myself to thier appearance. Putting people down if I though they were physically unattractive.

I also would automatically thnk that if a person was Christian or Muslim, that they had to be closed minded or judgemental...like it was in thier genetics or something.

I realized I had to stop this...I realized how bad I myself was when I went to a Gay club called Heaven, and realized how superfical many of the gay guys were...some flirted with me, but others were like "eeww ur hispanic, dont talk to me " or "eeww ur short" or "eww ur ugly go away"....shit like that.

And I am like...wow...how does a supposed "oppressed minority" attack someone else like that ? Already knowing how it feels to be hated, how can they hate someone else ?

Then I was like "oh shit.....im just like that, aren't i ? "

The Gays I was defending were just as bad, if not worse, than the Christians I was attacking. I didn't want to be like them...these superficial hypocrites who lack so much substance thier sperm is like air...

We are all hypocrites in some way...I think the key is to recognize it, and stop it.

Darth Oblivion
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Hypocrisy isn't a Christian thing....all people are hypocrites.

Christians are no better or worse than the rest of us, because guess what ? They are just people too....

I used to attack Christians like crazy because of my anger, but then I realized something:

How many people have I judged and insulted ?

I told myself, no one, I judge no one for thier sexual orientation or race....

Then I asked myself again...no....do you judge people in any way what so ever ?

And I realized that ...yes..I do in fact judge people, and I also carry false impressions of people, stereotyping thier identity before I get to actually know them as a person.

I used to be very superficial, judging people by thier looks. Always comparing and contrasting myself to thier appearance. Putting people down if I though they were physically unattractive.

I also would automatically thnk that if a person was Christian or Muslim, that they had to be closed minded or judgemental...like it was in thier genetics or something.

I realized I had to stop this...I realized how bad I myself was when I went to a Gay club called Heaven, and realized how superfical many of the gay guys were...some flirted with me, but others were like "eeww ur hispanic, dont talk to me " or "eeww ur short" or "eww ur ugly go away"....shit like that.

And I am like...wow...how does a supposed "oppressed minority" attack someone else like that ? Already knowing how it feels to be hated, how can they hate someone else ?

Then I was like "oh shit.....im just like that, aren't i ? "

The Gays I was defending were just as bad, if not worse, than the Christians I was attacking. I didn't want to be like them...these superficial hypocrites who lack so much substance thier sperm is like air...

We are all hypocrites in some way...I think the key is to recognize it, and stop it.

I know exactly what your talking about. Five years ago I would not have even made this thread, I was judgemental and close minded. I was superficial and ignorant to other peoples way of life. I had a revalation when I was 13 that really opened my mind to everything going on around me. That is one of the reasons I don't have a religion. That way I can take in the world around me on an even playing field with no strong feelings one way or another.

chithappens
Although, in a literal sense, sinning could be considered hypocritical. Depends on how you choose to interpret things

Alliance
It depends on how one personally acts.

If they are all preachy, and still sin, then they are hypocrites.

chithappens
It depends on how one personally acts.

If they are all preachy, and still sin, then they are hypocrites.

Just say all preachy and it'll be an even better sentence like an essay revision laughing out loud

Alliance
well, since I can't even use commas appropriately, I doubt it matters.

debbiejo
I never used to judge a whole religion in the past, but now........... sad

chithappens
well, since I can't even use commas appropriately, I doubt it matters.

It is actually up to discretion in a lot of spots

chithappens
Originally posted by debbiejo
I never used to judge a whole religion in the past, but now........... sad

Elaborate please

debbiejo
Originally posted by chithappens
Elaborate please They are the ones that preach forgiveness, patience, understanding, being there when you are down and out. But in truth, at least in my experience, when times get sticky, they are fair weather friends. Most of my friendships were Christians, and when I was in a spot they all left. Not even a phone call, not even a Christmas card. And I knew these people for over 13 years. I was a Bible group teacher, a Wed. night kids teacher, a group leader of gatherings. I was the one to be counted on when funds were low. I was never judgemental on others. But they sure did jump the boat on me. Maybe they felt it was because I was doubting my faith, but if that's the case, then they should of been there when I supposedly would fall, instead they viewed me as the devil, the one of the end times, the one that was deceived by the spirit of Antichrist.........I suppose my charater doesn't matter to such people. It's only the doctrine.

Nellinator
I feel sorry for anyone you ever tried to teach the Bible too.

Marchello
That's very honest there Feceman. I had grown up most my life with Christians and it would just surprise me how they would lie, gossip, and even switch price tags amongst other things. I looked at these elders and parents and wondered what the.....In fact I know of an incident where some parents split up and instead of putting the kids first, the one parent did all they could do to hurt the other parent including breaking Federal laws. How Christian.

***What do you mean by "Christian?" What is your definition of the word "Christian?"

Marchello

debbiejo
I feel sorry for anyone you ever tried to teach the Bible too. Why, I taught exactly what the denomination asked, which were lies.

Someone who calls themselves a Christian. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Oblivion
'Christian'-(noun) 1.anyone who tries to shove the Bible down your throat. 2.anyone who says 'Jesus' about every five minutes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Marchello
***What do you mean by "Christian?" What is your definition of the word "Christian?"

Marchello

Someone who follows the one only true teachings of Jesus and the bible; what ever that is... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm
They are the ones that preach forgiveness, patience, understanding, being there when you are down and out. But in truth, at least in my experience, when times get sticky, they are fair weather friends. Most of my friendships were Christians, and when I was in a spot they all left. Not even a phone call, not even a Christmas card. And I knew these people for over 13 years. I was a Bible group teacher, a Wed. night kids teacher, a group leader of gatherings. I was the one to be counted on when funds were low. I was never judgemental on others. But they sure did jump the boat on me. Maybe they felt it was because I was doubting my faith, but if that's the case, then they should of been there when I supposedly would fall, instead they viewed me as the devil, the one of the end times, the one that was deceived by the spirit of Antichrist.........I suppose my charater doesn't matter to such people. It's only the doctrine.
Many people take questioning your religion very personally, feeling that you are somehow betraying them and their values.

Sorgo X
Yay, more atheists get to go off about how religious people are hypocrites again.

Despite the fact that atheists are hypocrites too.

chithappens
Originally posted by Storm
Many people take questioning your religion very personally, feeling that you are somehow betraying them and their values.

Which leads to bigotry by default, hence all the stuff were people are getting heated about on this particular forum

Darth Oblivion
Originally posted by Sorgo X
Yay, more atheists get to go off about how religious people are hypocrites again.

Despite the fact that atheists are hypocrites too.

Im not atheist. I have no religion at all.

debbiejo
The hypocrites are slandering
The sacred halls of Truth
Ancient nobles showering
Their bitterness on youth
Can't we find
The minds that made us strong
Can't we learn
To feel what's right and wrong
- - - Rush "A Farewell To Kings"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.