Will Myers die? Will halloween become an anthology?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
In the new Hallowee film do you think Michael will be killed off and we'll get an anthology of different stories or will Michael live and course havoc?

LaHaine
it's a rehash of the original. he will not die.
and, no, it won't be an anthology. i can guarantee that, bro.

cropsy_is_god
I hope he dies.

Wolfie
I would like it to end the same way as the original did. The original's ending is so powerful. Then again, let's hope the new Dr. Loomis can pull it off as well as Donald Pleasance.

Mider999
i liked the comics about him they was pretty sweet they where done with diffrent stories.

ConalCochran
I would love to see the franchise become an anthology like John Carpenter intended for "Halloween 3" instead of rehashes of the first two movies.

Claude_Rains
I don't think he will die. This movie is supposedly a remake of the original. Have you ever seen a Horror Idol actually die and stay dead?

Micheal_Myers
As said above it is a remake of the original.Rob Zombie could always change the ending, but I HIGHLY doubt that he will.The original ending just gave it that scary feel.And Zombie said he wanted to put the "scary" back into the character.If he removes this ending, he removes something essential to Michael Myers' scare factor.

steverules
So if Michael doesn't die...does this mean no Anthology...does this mean another 8 or more movies with Mike Myers or is it just a remake of the first and thats it??

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by steverules
So if Michael doesn't die...does this mean no Anthology...does this mean another 8 or more movies with Mike Myers or is it just a remake of the first and thats it??

Seems like just a remake and then thats it.Maybe Zombie will remake the second one as well.Perhaps he will even take the story in a different direction than the original series took.I dont think Zombie is fond of the Anthology idea.I think he likes the Myers character too much....We have a fanboy directing the movie.

steverules
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Micheal_Myers
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I enjoy the Myers character immensely.If he can take the franchise in a direction that makes it better, then it is a good thing.If he fails miserably then its obviously a bad thing.The deciding factor here is exectution, how will Rob Zombie go about doing this?That will decide.

steverules
I hope it turns out good, so do you think it'll be 1 and 2 then thats it?

Micheal_Myers
I hope it turns out good, so do you think it'll be 1 and 2 then thats it?

Thats what is most likely to happen.Perhaps another director will take over afterwards and take off where Ressurection left off.Who knows?But I think Zombie will only cover 1 and maybe 2.

steverules
So he's gonna properly kill Myers of in two, or someone else will if it's a new director??

Micheal_Myers
Or he may keep Michael alive at the end of two and make it a cliffhanger like most of the otehrs so it could lead properly into 4.It all just depends on how faithful he stays to the content.

I dont really see anybody making this an anthology, since the original staff behind the whole thing are pretty much out of the picture now.Anybody who would want to get involved with the Halloween series now would most likely want to work with Michael.

steverules
So if they go to 4 movies...what would happen in the 3rd, they'd have to make that all up and the ending to 2 they'd have to make that up too cause if Michael does live at the end of 2 they need to think how they would do it. I wonder if 2 will be in a hospital if they make a second that is.

Micheal_Myers
So if they go to 4 movies...what would happen in the 3rd, they'd have to make that all up and the ending to 2 they'd have to make that up too cause if Michael does live at the end of 2 they need to think how they would do it. I wonder if 2 will be in a hospital if they make a second that is.

I doubt they will remake 4 Just redo the ending of 2 IF they remake so that it will lead into 4! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

steverules
So if 2 ends on a cliffhanger, you think the third film will be a remake of 4?

Micheal_Myers
So if 2 ends on a cliffhanger, you think the third film will be a remake of 4?

I dont think 4 will be remade.I think either Zombie will drop the series and someone else will have to pick it up, or he may take Myers into a different direction with the third Zombie Halloween.Making it kinda like an alternate story perhaps.

steverules
What do you mean the third Zombie halloween?

LORDSIDIOUS01
I doubt if Myers will die. If its successful, they'll make more.

steverules
I do get the feeling that this film could actually do well

Micheal_Myers
What do you mean the third Zombie halloween?

If Rob Zombie decides to make three of his halloween renditions.That is what I am reffering to.

I believe this film will be very successful, It looks like it will be alot better than all the other remakes, and looks like the best film Rob Zombie has ever directed.

Micheal_Myers
Sorry for the double post, but I just read on wikipedia, that Zombie does not intend to continue working on this series.He also said that he doesnt intend to leave the remake open for a sequel as the original did.He is adding alot of original content to this movie.The mask apparently has a story to it now, as to why Michael wears it as opposed to just stealing it from a hardware store.

I think some original content is good, but I dont agree with Zombie tampering with the ending.That cliffhanger ending is just so good and it makes Myers the character he is.Without that scene, Myers wouldnt be the same unkillable guy that we see today.Without that scene...Myers isnt pure evil.

steverules
I am glad we're gettin a reason as to why Michael is wearing the mask, I always wondered why he chose that one and that one only. Rob Zombie said he's trying to make Myers seem more menacing...more scary but having Myers die at the end of this one (which is what will happen because then it won't be open for a sequal) doesn't really help make him more menacing and scary, it just makes him look weaker compared to the original Myers

Micheal_Myers
I am glad we're gettin a reason as to why Michael is wearing the mask, I always wondered why he chose that one and that one only. Rob Zombie said he's trying to make Myers seem more menacing...more scary but having Myers die at the end of this one (which is what will happen because then it won't be open for a sequal) doesn't really help make him more menacing and scary, it just makes him look weaker compared to the original Myers

I wholeheartedly agree, I dont think Zombie should tamper with the ending.

steverules
It is tough, coz on one hand you don't wanna have an ending where someone can make a sequal so the killer (Myers) has to die but at the same time your trying to make Myers look and act more menacing/scary than the original who never died, and thats hard to make Myers look tougher when he has to kill him off to make sure no sequal can be made...thats the problem with Zombie's remake

Micheal_Myers
It is tough, coz on one hand you don't wanna have an ending where someone can make a sequal so the killer (Myers) has to die but at the same time your trying to make Myers look and act more menacing/scary than the original who never died, and thats hard to make Myers look tougher when he has to kill him off to make sure no sequal can be made...thats the problem with Zombie's remake

Even if he kills him off it doesnt guarantee no sequel.Just like how Michael was supposed to die in Halloween 2, but came back in 4.As long as this movie does well, I'm sure a sequel will be made, with or without Rob Zombie.Or perhaps it will pick up from after Ressurection again.Either way, tampering with the ending is pointless, since a sequel could be made anyway.

steverules
Since they are making a remake of the original I find it doubtful they will pick up where ressurection left off...there would be no point

Micheal_Myers
There are still more people for Myers to kill.Laurie had a son in H20, But Myers still hasnt killed him off yet, he still has family out there.And then there is always the kid Laurie was babysitting in the first one who made a reapearance as an adult in 6.He is still around, they could make a movie where Myers is trying to kill him.They could still pick up, but I doubt it.Perhaps the next Halloween director will take the character and story on an alternative path other than where 4 took it.

steverules
I just wanna see good halloween movie's, the original and no.2 were my fav's

Micheal_Myers
The original and number 6 are my favorites.I know most people dont like 6, but it appealed to me.Of course the original is the only true masterpiece of filming in them.Overall though, I enjoy the whole series except for 3, which I thought was terrible.

steverules
3 wasn't....bad but it wasn't my favorite

Micheal_Myers
I hated 3, not because Myers wasnt in it, I just thought the movie as a whole was terrible.Anyways, back on topic.My final conclusion, I definately dont think an anthology is gonna happen anytime soon, I think the Myers character is here to stay.

LaHaine88
rob zombie will make it almost identicle to the original halloween except more "stylish".
if u believe otherwise, michael should come kill YOU.

steverules
Oh yer he'll make it the same, only the ending will have Myers die in a way he can't come back

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by LaHaine88
rob zombie will make it almost identicle to the original halloween except more "stylish".
if u believe otherwise, michael should come kill YOU.

Its not going to be exactly the same.Its going to have some prequel qualities to it.ALOT more about Michael's past is to be revealed.

steverules
I think thats a good thing, I would like to know more about Michaels past, the mystery was kinda cool...but at the same time I wanna know what happened in his past, is he really possessed by Satan

Micheal_Myers
He isnt possessed by Satan.And I dont think Rob Zombie will make him become possessed by Satan.He is just a insane murderer.

steverules
Why is he able to survive gettin burnt, stabbed and shot...plus in 2 his eyes got shot and then they some how came back..how is that??

And I thought he was possessed cause Loomis did say that Mike Myers was the devil, i guess I got a little confused

Micheal_Myers
He isnt possessed by the devil, but there is some kind of supernatural element at work.Myers is simply pure evil.

steverules
Do you think that maybe the Devil has power over Michael Myers?

Micheal_Myers
No, I dont think anyone has power over Michael.I just think he has some sort of power within him!The power of pure evil and hatred or something along those lines....

steverules
Do you think we'll find out how he got this power?

Micheal_Myers
Its possible.I think that mystery would be better off unsolved though.

steverules
Can he be killed?

K.Diddy
Can he be killed?

Depends how much more money they can make out of the franchise smile

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by K.Diddy
Depends how much more money they can make out of the franchise smile

Good call.....which is most likely alot.

zombieman
McDowall has signed on for three movies, so looks like this will be at least a trilogy.

Impediment
Check out the trailer, for those who haven't seen it yet. Looks very, very promising.

Haf5u-blscI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.