Real Symbiote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pressure
There is a think clled Symbiosis when two organsims bond together. But I would just like to know is there a type of symbiosis that eddie brock and venom have. I mean I herd of a type of worm that can take over an insect mind so are their others like that.

steverules
...what?

Arachnid1
A symbiote is something that needs another organism to survive... not something that controls minds. Then all hot women would be symbiotes.

steverules
She venom wasn't hot! Her ass was ok I s'pose

Mobra
Look up Resident Evil 4 for more of your fantasy. It's chalk full of "symbiotes".

Darth Jello
E. Coli is a good example

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Arachnid1
A symbiote is something that needs another organism to survive... not something that controls minds. Then all hot women would be symbiotes.

lol Yeah its like a symbiotic relationship. For example, germs live on people and eat parasites, but also help to keep people clean.

{{QS}}
Originally posted by Pressure
There is a think clled Symbiosis when two organsims bond together. But I would just like to know is there a type of symbiosis that eddie brock and venom have. I mean I herd of a type of worm that can take over an insect mind so are their others like that.

Its a fungus that has full control but minimal options, it just makes it climb as high as it can? And a symbiotic relationship is when two different organisms work together for each owns greater good.

Smoki
i agree

VenomCarnage21
Originally the symbiosis between Eddie and the alien is mutual (Mutualism) as Eddie was providing the symbiote a home and "feeding" it while the symbiote gave Eddie powers and, sigh, saving him from the cancer that all what came out of nowhere, but as the symbiote became more dominant (see "The Hunger" arc and "Venom vs. Carnage"wink the two co-exsisted in a parasitism relationship where the symbiote was controlling Eddie and using him only for his adrenaline and other fluids/nutrients the symbiote needed to feed off.

Mac Gargan's bond with the symbiote seems to be mutual where they both give each something.

Eddie Brock will be returning as Venom, so who knows what symbiosis the two will share.

BlackC@
Saying it is a parasite would be more accurate (which I believe Dr. Connors calls it in the movie). The goo uses Peter for it's own good and harms him by amplifying his darker qualities, it harms Eddie by skining him until he's nothing but a skeleton

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BlackC@
Saying it is a parasite would be more accurate (which I believe Dr. Connors calls it in the movie). The goo uses Peter for it's own good and harms him by amplifying his darker qualities, it harms Eddie by skining him until he's nothing but a skeleton

Oh, so this symbiote is more like the ultimate version which actually ate its host?

BlackC@
Yes, I'd say so. You should add spoiler tags to your post.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BlackC@
Yes, I'd say so. You should add spoiler tags to your post.

Oh, crap. I completely forgot. Sorry. embarrasment smile

doctorstrongbad
Symbiotes are found in nature, but this was is alien. That seems to be why it drains so much from the human host. I doubt it would be as harmful as an "alien" of its own species, IMO.

F_doomed
Seeing as no one took biology
Allow me
Symbiosis is a relationship in which two organisms work together to benifit each other in a relationship similar to the way them sucker things clean off sharks and the sharks feed them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.