Gunman barricaded in Nasa building!!!! NOW!! Check your newsfeeds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Islamic_Cleric
It's going down now!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/ap_on_re_us/nasa_evacuation

jaden101
he wants to go to the moon...i say let him

Schecter
who cares

Devil King
Originally posted by Schecter
who cares

Clearly not you, you self absorbed libral bastard.

Schecter
its 4/20. im occupied now *takes bong hit*

Devil King

I love that G4 is doing attack of the show from Amsterdam.

RockPhreak
I think it's the magical power of 4/20 that convinced this gunman to strike NASA today. Okay, being realistic and a responsible citizen, this is really scary. Two gunmen in less than a week. Does anyone else find this creepy and scary?

Schecter
no, not really. psychos have calenders as well

Devil King
Bill Maher would say it's because modern news outlets have to turn a profit, when they were never expected to in the past.

Robtard
If we're getting in conspiracy's... It's Hitler's birthday! He did it for Hitler!

Vinny Valentine
You've got to be shitting me.

VT, now this? And the anniversary of Columbine.

Only two died, and that includes the gunman.

Jesus.

Robtard
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
You've got to be shitting me.

VT, now this? And the anniversary of Columbine.

Only two died, and that includes the gunman.

Jesus.

And? Somewhere else in the world, other people were murdered by a deranged nut, what makes America's murdering pysho's so special? Didn't a Japanese Mayor get killed a few days ago, shot over a car-damage despute?

Starhawk
Originally posted by Islamic_Cleric
It's going down now!!

At least this time it wasn't a whole crowd of people. My sympathies go out to the family of the man who was killed.

Does anyone have an idea on how to stop this from happening over and over again?

Schecter
Originally posted by Starhawk
At least this time it wasn't a whole crowd of people. My sympathies go out to the family of the man who was killed.

Does anyone have an idea on how to stop this from happening over and over again?

you cant. not every problem can be solved with a new law.
no matter how society advances and evolves there will always
be anomalies. thats nature/life/the human condition. we just seem
to have alot more of these in the u.s. though. lots of ****ed up people it seems erm

Starhawk
be anomalies. thats nature/life/the human condition.

Yes but it seems to happen allot more in the US then other places. And yes there will always be crime in some form or another, but it seems to be increasing instead of decreasing.

Robtard

Only possible way for someone to never be killed from a gun again is to get ride of every single gun on the planet, ignoring that facts that would be illogical and almost impossible, people then would still be killed by other weapons, be it bombs, knives, pipes, bricks, cars etc. You fail.

Starhawk
Originally posted by Robtard
Only possible way for someone to never be killed from a gun again is to get ride of every single gun on the planet, ignoring that facts that would be illogical and almost impossible, people then would still be killed by other weapons, be it bombs, knives, pipes, bricks, cars etc. You fail.

I never said we could get rid of Guns. But Canada has a far lower rate of Gun related deaths and I believe the reason for that is the fact that we have much stricter gun laws.

Vinny Valentine
And? Somewhere else in the world, other people were murdered by a deranged nut, what makes America's murdering pysho's so special? Didn't a Japanese Mayor get killed a few days ago, shot over a car-damage despute?

I bet its on their news erm

Robtard
be anomalies. thats nature/life/the human condition. we just seem
to have alot more of these in the u.s. though. lots of ****ed up people it seems erm

Don't be so hard on the U.S., many crimes go unheard of and unnoticed, especially in third world countries where one on gives a damn.

Schecter
Yes but it seems to happen allot more in the US then other places. And yes there will always be crime in some form or another, but it seems to be increasing instead of decreasing.

im not saying there's no pattern here.
springtime seems to bring more murder.
these people have serious mental problems, be it developementally or chemically.
psychos also love anniversaries.

thats all i can summon though

Robtard
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I bet its on their news erm

I'm sure it is... my point was though, that the "sky isn't falling" in America because we had two loonies go ballistic in the same week.

Schecter
Don't be so hard on the U.S., many crimes go unheard of and unnoticed, especially in third world countries where one on gives a dam.

dude, for whatever reason the u.s. is a magnet for media lunatics.
like columbine and the VT, part of their plan was to influence people through the media (and our media so willingly rewards them).
not that this new development is relevant...at least we dont know.

Robtard
I never said we could get rid of Guns. But Canada has a far lower rate of Gun related deaths and I believe the reason for that is the fact that we have much stricter gun laws.

I thought Canada was on par with America as far as guns in private citizens hands?

Starhawk
Don't be so hard on the U.S., many crimes go unheard of and unnoticed, especially in third world countries where one on gives a dam.

Yeah but there is also very little law and order in those countries and they are in a state of war with each other allot of the time.

Guns cannot be eliminated, that is a pipe dream. But you can limit it so people can only get them for hunting purposes. Also you could make it so they have to pass a check to purchase ammunition.

WrathfulDwarf
The guy went postal...just another tragic incident in our world.

Robtard
Yeah but there is also very little law and order in those countries and they are in a state of war with each other allot of the time.

Guns cannot be eliminated, that is a pipe dream. But you can limit it so people can only get them for hunting purposes. Also you could make it so they have to pass a check to purchase ammunition.

So if America had laws similar to Canada, in the case of VT that kid, couldn't have killed people with a shotgun or rifle? It might have taken him longer to plan, but if the motivation is there as it was with him, he would have done it regardless.

Starhawk
So if America had laws similar to Canada, in the case of VT that kid couldn't have killed people with a shotgun or rifle? It might have taken him longer to plan, but if the motivation is there as it was with him, he would have done it regardless.

I know, understand I am in no way saying this is only the fault of the gun. There was plenty of red flags that this kid was psycho and nothing was done.

Schecter
im just tired of the general knee-jerk reaction that the reason a tragedy happens was because a certain law wasnt passed, and thus the subsequent hastey passing of panic-laws which rob our civil liberties.

Starhawk
im just tired of the general knee-jerk reaction that the reason a tragedy happens was because a certain law wasnt passed, and thus the subsequent hastey passing of panic-laws which rob our civil liberties.

Well we have already done the liberty vs security thing about as much as we can. I think you can agree that there was signs of this kid's dementia that the college didn't pick up on or didn't decide to act on. As I said this isn't just about the gun issue.

Schecter
Well we have already done the liberty vs security thing about as much as we can. I think you can agree that there was signs of this kid's dementia that the college didn't pick up on or didn't decide to act on. As I said this isn't just about the gun issue.

whatever im not saying it shouldnt be debated, its just when this attitude of "we dont have time to debate the issue" comes up its always bad and never leads to a solution. never.

Starhawk
whatever im not saying it shouldnt be debated, its just when this attitude of "we dont have time to debate the issue" comes up its always bad and never leads to a solution. never.

Good thing I never said that. What I said was that we had already had that debate today. And I think the greater blame lies with the college's lack of action on the red flags around this kids.

Schecter
wow, that was...like....backpeddling at light speed.
ZOMG GUNBANZ!1 (remember?)

Starhawk
wow, that was...like....backpeddling at light speed.
ZOMG GUNBANZ!1 (remember?)

Care to explain how it's backpeddling?

Schecter
nevermind. ill just comfortably assume thet we'll be able to discuss this incident without having to sit through your interpretation of canadian law again.

Starhawk
nevermind. ill just comfortably assume thet we'll be able to discuss this incident without having to sit through your interpretation of canadian law again.

Where did that come from? That has nothing at all to do with what we were talking about.

FeceMan
Lol @ NASA.

Why aren't we celebrating all these shootings? It's helping weed out the mentally infirm and the physically imcompetent from the gene pool.

inimalist
I think you can agree that there was signs of this kid's dementia that the college didn't pick up on or didn't decide to act on.

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/070419_virginia_tech.html

there are no universal signs for this type of thing

mental health in general is still poorly understood by the public at large. Depression is considered normal for students in first year college.

Please don't be down on professionals for not doing something that is not their job. The world would not be a better place if we had to have authority checking in on all of our actions.

Starhawk
Originally posted by inimalist
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/070419_virginia_tech.html

there are no universal signs for this type of thing

mental health in general is still poorly understood by the public at large. Depression is considered normal for students in first year college.

Please don't be down on professionals for not doing something that is not their job. The world would not be a better place if we had to have authority checking in on all of our actions.

Okay but there were lot's of signs, his previous time in mental institutions. The complaints of the other students. His disturbing writings, his own teacher said she didn't feel safe leaving him alone in the classroom.

Devil King
Try not to confuse this guy at NASA with the kid at Virginia Tech. We haven't seen this guy's video yet.

Alpha Centauri
Maybe this is his way of making a terrible pun.

As soon as his shuttle takes off: "Now this is how you get HIGH.".

-AC

inimalist
Okay but there were lot's of signs, his previous time in mental institutions. The complaints of the other students. His disturbing writings, his own teacher said she didn't feel safe leaving him alone in the classroom.

and how common are these things in other people of that age and situation?

Starhawk
and how common are these things in other people of that age and situation?

Not very common in my experience. Do you have some statistics on the subject?

inimalist
Not very common in my experience. Do you have some statistics on the subject?

so in other words you do not know

as in most things, while these things can be symptomatic, not every kid who scribbles some death threats picks up a gun. Read the article I linked to, thats what they are talking about.

There are common things that people do when they are really stressed out. Sometimes they manifest themselves in what we consider to be "red flags" and sometimes they do not. There is no clear cut set of "symptoms" that allows one to judge that a child is going to commit a violent act. When the majority of people in the world manifest the symptoms that you described, they do not follow through with any aggression.

Starhawk
so in other words you do not know

as in most things, while these things can be symptomatic, not every kid who scribbles some death threats picks up a gun. Read the article I linked to, thats what they are talking about.

There are common things that people do when they are really stressed out. Sometimes they manifest themselves in what we consider to be "red flags" and sometimes they do not. There is no clear cut set of "symptoms" that allows one to judge that a child is going to commit a violent act. When the majority of people in the world manifest the symptoms that you described, they do not follow through with any aggression.

No, but this is not the case of one red flag, there were many signs. Are you honestly saying that if a teacher is scared to leave a college level student unsupervised that there isn't justification for some kind of intervention?

Devil King
Why don't you guys have this argument in the right thread.

ragesRemorse
It's going down now!!

yeah, Surprisingly this doesnt make for good t.v. Not enough chaos, get back to me when people start getting shot and bombs begin to go off

ragesRemorse
It's going down now!!

yeah, surprisingly, this doesnt make for good t.v. Get back to me when people start getting shot and bombs are going off

FeceMan
Originally posted by FeceMan
Lol @ NASA.

Why aren't we celebrating all these shootings? It's helping weed out the mentally infirm and the physically imcompetent from the gene pool.

Rogue Jedi
i heard about this today at work. fugging crazy people, they all have guns!!!

GCG
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i heard about this today at work. fugging crazy people, they all have guns!!!

Guns and People ..............is it guns that kill people or people that kill people hmm

Rogue Jedi
its the people who cannot control their primal urges who get the guns in their hands who kill people. after all, a gun is just a tool. if someone is killed with a knife, you cant blame the knife, but the knife wielder.

Magee
Guns just make it that more easy for one person to kill 30.

Rogue Jedi
and i could say homemade dynamite makes it even easier to kill 100. point?

chithappens
Originally posted by RockPhreak
I think it's the magical power of 4/20 that convinced this gunman to strike NASA today. Okay, being realistic and a responsible citizen, this is really scary. Two gunmen in less than a week. Does anyone else find this creepy and scary?

Where the hell do you live? There are "gunmen" everywhere.

KidRock

I wish I can be a 33 year old man that lives in new jersey, posts on a movie message board, and smokes weed on a college kid's holiday.

Damn, your too cool for all of us PVS.

Schecter
Originally posted by KidRock
I wish I can be a 33 year old man that lives in new jersey, posts on a movie message board, and smokes weed on a college kid's holiday.

Damn, your too cool for all of us PVS.
and since you haven't the balls to reveal yourself, ill just safely assume you're something like this guy:

Secretus
Hey thats ****ed up! Your PVS? I hated that ****

Not as much as ...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/Secretus74/thkidrock.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.