Kenobi,ROTS, Shaak Ti,ROTS v Anakin,ROTS,Aayla,ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kiddo44
setting hanger from AOTC.

Count Makashi
ROTS Anakin and Aayla Secura win this.

If its Anakin against Shak Ti and Obi against Aayla, Anakin defeats Shak Ti faster then Obi defeats Aayla.

If its Anakin versus Kenobi and Shak Ti versus Aayla, i would say that Anakin wins here in short amount of time, there is no terrain advantage for Obi here and he has nowhere to run, while i think, the fight between Aayla and Shak Ti would take some time, both are good, probably Shak Ti, a little better.

Council#13
It doesn't matter if there's the advantage of higher ground or not, Obi-Wan could still just keep retreating in circles. His mastery of Soresou would make it almost impossible for Anakin to land a blow on him, seeing as Grievous couldn't hit him even while striking 16 blows per second.

Anyway, I think that Shaak Ti and Aayla are pretty evenly matched in the duel. However, I think that Shaak Ti is the better fighter, and is likely to be more experienced. I think that even when she beats Aayla, she would not be much of a help to Obi-Wan against Anakin. I'm not so sure which side I'm taking here, but I was just... yeah. big grin

darthsith19
I would give this to... hmm... Anakin and ROTS. During their duel in ROTS, Kenobi was contently having to back away from Anakin, because he was unable to keep up with him. In the Geonosian hanger, (I'm assuming it's the Geonosis one that the OP was referring to) Anakin will back Kenobi into a wall and then slaughter him. Not quickly or anything, but he will be able to do it.

Meanwhile, Shaak Ti is stronger than Secura, but not by much. I say she kills Secura at the same time that Anakin kills Kenobi. Then, Anakin slaughters Shaak Ti.

Advent
Originally posted by Council#13
It doesn't matter if there's the advantage of higher ground or not, Obi-Wan could still just keep retreating in circles.

He cannot fight Anakin outright. He lacks the necessary skill, and physical strength to do such.

Now, running in a circle isn't going to be of much help, as they're still on even ground, therefore Anakin can utilize the full potential of his strikes, which he couldn't do on Mustafar due to the platform jumping, lava skating, and tight rope battling.

No, it wouldn't.

His Soresu got him overpowered with melee attacks. Did you happen to notice the twenty second dragon sleeper Anakin put on Kenobi? All the kicks he did (which were far more damaging than that of the two Obi-Wan did)?

If Anakin can get Obi-Wan into a position where he can put down a choke hold for some amount of time, or constantly pummel him (even while Obi-Wan was moving back), I'm not seeing how it'd be 'almost impossible' it would be for him to 'land a blow'; even with a lightsaber, especially since he cannot give ground much, or play charades.

This means what exactly?

Anakin is a far more capable duelist than General Grievous.

Anyways, Anakin and Aayla take this. If it's Anakin versus Shaak Ti, he kills her in a few seconds, while Kenobi could take down Aayla quickly, it wouldn't be as fast. Shaak could probably beat Aayla (guesswork), but really, Anakin could slice her to bits, or just choke her to death.

Riverollv
Team 2

vader11
Originally posted by Riverollv
Team 2

Council#13
Originally posted by Advent
He cannot fight Anakin outright. He lacks the necessary skill, and physical strength to do such.

Now, running in a circle isn't going to be of much help, as they're still on even ground, therefore Anakin can utilize the full potential of his strikes, which he couldn't do on Mustafar due to the platform jumping, lava skating, and tight rope battling.

No, it wouldn't.

His Soresu got him overpowered with melee attacks. Did you happen to notice the twenty second dragon sleeper Anakin put on Kenobi? All the kicks he did (which were far more damaging than that of the two Obi-Wan did)?

If Anakin can get Obi-Wan into a position where he can put down a choke hold for some amount of time, or constantly pummel him (even while Obi-Wan was moving back), I'm not seeing how it'd be 'almost impossible' it would be for him to 'land a blow'; even with a lightsaber, especially since he cannot give ground much, or play charades.

This means what exactly?

Anakin is a far more capable duelist than General Grievous.

Anyways, Anakin and Aayla take this. If it's Anakin versus Shaak Ti, he kills her in a few seconds, while Kenobi could take down Aayla quickly, it wouldn't be as fast. Shaak could probably beat Aayla (guesswork), but really, Anakin could slice her to bits, or just choke her to death.

The point that I'm trying to make here is that Obi-Wan's Soresou allows him not only to block every strike set against him, but he is able to also dodge the strikes. Anakin might be a more skilled duelist than Grievous, but he is not fast enough as to land 16 blows per second against Obi-Wan. I'm not exactly sure what a twenty second dragon sleeper is. However, the little hover platform they were on did not exactly restrict Anakin's fighting style. In fact, them being indoors would probably restrict his Djem So more than being outside. The two are on pretty even ground when indoors, as could be seen when the two were fighting in the control room on Mustafar.

Advent
The point that I'm trying to make here is that Obi-Wan's Soresou allows him not only to block every strike set against him, but he is able to also dodge the strikes.

You're comparing an inferior combatant to a vastly superior one.

No, Anakin is definitely more skilled, so there's no need for 'maybe'.

Anakin isn't able to attack that quickly. Then again, neither is Count Dooku, neither is Darth Sidious, neither is Mace Windu, neither is Yoda himself. Your point is largely irrelevant as speed isn't the end all, be all; and he'd still get beaten by the likes of Darth Sidious, for example, fairly quickly, so it doesn't matter what his Soresu allowed him to do against Grievous, because it certainly won't be as effective against combatants who possess a far greater ability with a blade.

I didn't notice him dodging a kick square in the chest, a dragon sleeper, a big boot to the face, a dropkick, or a punch that almost made him fall down. And none of the aforementioned moves moved at speeds like that of the buzzsaws General Grievous makes his lightsabers appear to be, which is my point.

It'd be the choke hold that Anakin utilizes on Obi-Wan. If you notice the scene where Anakin grabbed Obi-Wan's hand, and began to bend him backwards while gripping his throat.

It wasn't literally twenty seconds, more like ten, that's just what I call it given the fact it's cut there.

Yes, it did.

How do you figure something like that considering Anakin employs his physical strength as a major playing card into all of his bouts? It's evident that you would have more force in your strikes by moving your body forward in conjunction with the swing itself.

This would be why if you punch and move your leg towards the opponent at the same time, it's more powerful than simply standing still and throwing a punch.

As well, Obi-Wan doesn't necessarily have to even move so much as an inch to use his form to the best of its effectiveness.

You're right.

It would. However, that's only without the necessary room to maneuver (which Anakin had in the control room, on the Invisible Hand, etc.; only in the passageway leading into the control room was that apparent). So, in terms of the discussion, you're wrong.

Which would be why Anakin was kicking his ass with melee attacks.

No one is disputing that Obi-Wan wouldn't put up a good fight, or that he wouldn't last long, because he would. He simply wouldn't last nearly as long as on Mustafar due to the fact there is no place to give ground effectively (and that it's on an even playing field), and his defenses can, have been, and will be broken.

Council#13

You're comparing an inferior combatant to a vastly superior one.

No, Anakin is definitely more skilled, so there's no need for 'maybe'.

Anakin isn't able to attack that quickly. Then again, neither is Count Dooku, neither is Darth Sidious, neither is Mace Windu, neither is Yoda himself. Your point is largely irrelevant as speed isn't the end all, be all; and he'd still get beaten by the likes of Darth Sidious, for example, fairly quickly, so it doesn't matter what his Soresu allowed him to do against Grievous, because it certainly won't be as effective against combatants who possess a far greater ability with a blade.

I didn't notice him dodging a kick square in the chest, a dragon sleeper, a big boot to the face, a dropkick, or a punch that almost made him fall down. And none of the aforementioned moves moved at speeds like that of the buzzsaws General Grievous makes his lightsabers appear to be, which is my point.

It'd be the choke hold that Anakin utilizes on Obi-Wan. If you notice the scene where Anakin grabbed Obi-Wan's hand, and began to bend him backwards while gripping his throat.

It wasn't literally twenty seconds, more like ten, that's just what I call it given the fact it's cut there.

Yes, it did.

How do you figure something like that considering Anakin employs his physical strength as a major playing card into all of his bouts? It's evident that you would have more force in your strikes by moving your body forward in conjunction with the swing itself.

This would be why if you punch and move your leg towards the opponent at the same time, it's more powerful than simply standing still and throwing a punch.

As well, Obi-Wan doesn't necessarily have to even move so much as an inch to use his form to the best of its effectiveness.

You're right.

It would. However, that's only without the necessary room to maneuver (which Anakin had in the control room, on the Invisible Hand, etc.; only in the passageway leading into the control room was that apparent). So, in terms of the discussion, you're wrong.

Which would be why Anakin was kicking his ass with melee attacks.

No one is disputing that Obi-Wan wouldn't put up a good fight, or that he wouldn't last long, because he would. He simply wouldn't last nearly as long as on Mustafar due to the fact there is no place to give ground effectively (and that it's on an even playing field), and his defenses can, have been, and will be broken.

Uh.... lots of stuff to read.... cry

Anyway, I am trying to state that Grievous was faster than Anakin, not that he was the better duelist. All the combatants that you listed use accuracy over brute strength. Dooku and Yoda also use the Force a lot when fighting. Anakin does not.

Even if Anakin kicked Obi-Wan around a lot, Obi-Wan was able to recover from each of those blows. Obi-Wan also managed to get out of the choke that Anakin put him in.

Advent
Anyway, I am trying to state that Grievous was faster than Anakin, not that he was the better duelist.

See below.

If you knew how to comprehend, you would've noticed the fact that I outright acknowledged this.

When I said 'Anakin is definitely more skilled', I was referring to the fact you said that that he "might be", a mere side comment. Also, in my first response, the 'inferior to superior' remark was made due to the fact it's relevant to note what happened when he went up against the lesser opponent as compared to what happened against the greater. Yes, he dodged, and blocked all of General Grievous' swings, but he couldn't so much as dodge the CQC moves?

It doesn't matter.

Indeed, why would it, considering they are all slower than the droid general. Which is the point. Anakin combines his speed, physical abilities, and his immense skill (which is definitely greater than the former, and the follower).

You act as if Anakin's solely relies on his muscles to get him through battles. He doesn't, he utilizes them to their full effectiveness, because he's simply a powerhouse, but they're virtually nothing with the proper talent with a blade.

In a straightforward lightsaber two, the two above would kill Obi-Wan. I'm not addressing the situation as if it were a storybook, son.

Please hold.

My database is currently searching for the relevance in that point.

Error 401: Relevance not found.

It doesn't matter if he escaped, or if he recuperated, because: a) he was struck, therefore I'm lead to believe that if he can be successfully attacked using melee, he would succumb to Anakin's blade, especially after he tires down, and b) that someone who is supposedly much slower (he would have to be; though, you'll notice during the battle itself in RotS, General Grievous isn't that fast when clashing blades) was able to strike him, whereas the buzzsaws that were the General's lightsaber could not.

Council#13
See below.

If you knew how to comprehend, you would've noticed the fact that I outright acknowledged this.

When I said 'Anakin is definitely more skilled', I was referring to the fact you said that that he "might be", a mere side comment. Also, in my first response, the 'inferior to superior' remark was made due to the fact it's relevant to note what happened when he went up against the lesser opponent as compared to what happened against the greater. Yes, he dodged, and blocked all of General Grievous' swings, but he couldn't so much as dodge the CQC moves?

It doesn't matter.

Indeed, why would it, considering they are all slower than the droid general. Which is the point. Anakin combines his speed, physical abilities, and his immense skill (which is definitely greater than the former, and the follower).

You act as if Anakin's solely relies on his muscles to get him through battles. He doesn't, he utilizes them to their full effectiveness, because he's simply a powerhouse, but they're virtually nothing with the proper talent with a blade.

In a straightforward lightsaber two, the two above would kill Obi-Wan. I'm not addressing the situation as if it were a storybook, son.

Please hold.

My database is currently searching for the relevance in that point.

Error 401: Relevance not found.

It doesn't matter if he escaped, or if he recuperated, because: a) he was struck, therefore I'm lead to believe that if he can be successfully attacked using melee, he would succumb to Anakin's blade, especially after he tires down, and b) that someone who is supposedly much slower (he would have to be; though, you'll notice during the battle itself in RotS, General Grievous isn't that fast when clashing blades) was able to strike him, whereas the buzzsaws that were the General's lightsaber could not.

I bow to your logic and intelligence. But no kowtowing. That's just stupid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.