A tournement of Masters!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
The tournement of masters.I basicly throw 8 martial artist into a tournement & I hope you guys vote on who you think is the best.

The contestants

1.Mas Oyama-The godfist.Their are claims he killed a bull with his bare hands.Also famous for his grueling training methods.

2.Imi Lichtenfeld-founder of Krav Maga.Popular among police officers today.

3.Rocky Marciano-The undefeated heavyweight champion of boxing.I belive his record was 49-0

4.Jigoro Kano-Founder of Judo.Considered one of the biggest pioneers in the martial arts.

5.Yip Man-Brought Wing Chun to a world scale.Among his students was the famous Bruce Lee.

6.Kanazawa Shihan-10th Dan in Karate.Won the All Japan Karate Championships 3 times in a row.

7.Helio Gracie-Helped spread Brazilian Ju-Jitsu.Famous for taking on opponents much heavy than him.Helio is also known for having the longest fight in recorded history against Masahiko Kimura,which lasted 3 hours and 45 minutes.

8.Ed Parker-10th degree black belt.Famous for the creation of Ed Parkers Kenpo Karate.A modern day form of Karate.

botankus
The Masters? I vote Jack Nicklaus, with Tiger Woods second.

-hh-
good thread smiley.

either Ed Parker or Helio Gracie.

i like Kenpo karate cuz it has alot of techniques and jiujitsu-like moves.

vote- Parker

jaden101
mas oyama was the guy that the film "fighter in the wind" was based on isn't it?...he was certainly one hard bastard...no doubt

StyleTime
My vote definitely goes to Mas Oyama. Kano comes in second. Helio comes in third.

Oyama also trained in Judo and should be able hang with Kano in grappling long enough to knock him out. Also, Oyama's style produced fighters like Andy Hug, Francisco Filho, and Glaube Feitosa.

Helio already lost to Kimura, so he comes in third. I know Kimura isn't Kano, but Kimura is the best comparison we have for the sake a hypothetical vs fight.

I think Kimura should be there instead of Kano though. Kimura was the one who took judo to the next level.

I saw the video of Oyama fighting the bull. Oyama definitely comes in first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.