Catholic Church Reverses Teaching on Limbo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No more floating baby head in limbo....

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/catholic-church-reverses-teaching-on/20070420203609990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Nellinator
I thought that they removed all of Dante's Inferno from canon...

Alliance
I thought they had ended the inquisition too, but hell I was wrong.

debbiejo
No Limbo? Where in the hell is everyone going to go now?? This was many men and womens only hope!

Symmetric Chaos
nuts

debbiejo
^^ Um, I think you're in Limbo there.......lol

Devil King
So, is this changing because god finally spoke up and cleared the air or could it be that religious beliefs are dictated by men?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by debbiejo
^^ Um, I think you're in Limbo there.......lol

No I'm the man of Aran!

Like in the song:

There's a hole in the ground Where an old man of Aran Goes around and around And his mind is a beacon In the veil of the night

Devil King
Limbo would have been funnier.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Devil King
So, is this changing because god finally spoke up and cleared the air or could it be that religious beliefs are dictated by men? I thought god was the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.... confused

Symmetric Chaos
Limbo would have been funnier.

Yes but I happen to like that song.

Devil King
Originally posted by debbiejo
I thought god was the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.... confused

Well, you thought wrong, didn't you? For you to know anything about god, you have to have been told by a man. And not just any man, but the Pope.

the Darkone
There was no Limbo after Jesus resurrection, there was limbo up until the death of Jesus. Any person that lived during the time of Adam, Noah, Abraham and repented of their sins and believe in the coming of the Messiah died and went to the bosom of Abraham, those died in their sins went to hell. Read Luke 19. Catholic church adds to the bible where GOD says don't add to the book our you are erase from the book of life.

debbiejo
Well, you thought wrong, didn't you? For you to know anything about god, you have to have been told by a man. And not just any man, but the Pope. eek! But he's the Antichrist. Someone told me so. A protestant. And we all know that protestants never lie.

Badabing
It took them long enough to make this "official". I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years and we weren't taught that Limbo is actually where un-Baptized infants and good people who weren't Christians went instead of Heaven.

FeceMan
You know what's ****ing retarded?

The people attributing certain, changing beliefs to the Bible. God doesn't change. Our interpretations of the Bible might, though.

Alliance
How do we know God does not change then?

lil bitchiness
Its not letting me access the page.

What did limbo represent then? Being bored to death as a punishment?

Badabing
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Its not letting me access the page.

What did limbo represent then? Being bored to death as a punishment? It's supposedly where the un-Baptized and people who died before Christ's death and Resurrection go to wait until He opens the gates of Heaven.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09256a.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo

Hopefully these links ork for you. cool

Shakyamunison
That's ok, I was never any good at Limbo anyways.

laughing

Willaume
laughing out loud

I heard about this a while back, but I wasn't sure if it was true or not....
So, what, am I going to Hell now? confused

debbiejo
Hey mahn How low can you go?? Souls can't dance the limbo pole.

*Does Macarena.*

happy

debbiejo
Para bailar la bamba
Para bailar la bamba
se necesita una poca de gracia
Una poca de gracia para mi para ti
y arriba y arriba,
y arriba y arriba
con ti sere
con ti sere, con ti sere.

Yo no soy marinero
Yo no soy marinero,
soy capitan, soy capitan.

Bamba, bamba, bamba, bamba
Bamba, bamba
Bamba
- - -Los Lobos "La Bamba"

*Dances*

Willaume
That doesn't answer my question!

scared

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.