Scientology or Westboro Church?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Janus X
If you asked whom you like better, who would you choose? I'd choose Scientology.

Alliance
Neither, but I'll take scientology.

Sure as hell not voting for it though.

Darth Macabre
They're both at the bottom of the barrel.

office jesus
They both suck.

Boris
They're the same as most religions - total bullshit.

lil bitchiness
What does Westboro Baptist Church do?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What does Westboro Baptist Church do? They're the ones who protest at funerals, holding up signs like: God hates ****, God hates America, **** go to hell, God hates Sweden, etc.

Alliance
What does Westboro Baptist Church do?

They often protest at the funerals of US military members, claiming that these soldiers were killed because of the US's "tolerance" of homosexuals. They also have plans, if they have not done so already, to protest at the Virginia Tech memorials.

Basically every thing that goes wrong with the US, its because there are gays in the US.

The Church is mainly one extended family.

debbiejo
Baptists are all ****ed up. They're the seeds of fundamentalists. So for me I'd take Scientology. I believe they're waiting for a space ship. Sounds cool to me... alien

lil bitchiness
Right, I watched a documentary about them last night.

Some British guy went there to interview them, etc and they are by far the weirdest bunch of idiots ever, and I can safely say, Scientology people are not quite as ridiculous as these people.

There must be some kind of inbreeding happened somewhere along the way, because I refuse to believe that bunch of people, can live in 21st century and behave like that. What the hell is wrong with those people?!

I saw the pickits they made. Aperantly theres a restraining order against them and funerals of the soldiers.

Dirty rotten fundamentalist religions! All of them.

Symmetric Chaos
Scientologists are misguided and stupid. The WestboroChurch is insane and evil.

Yeah I'd rather be a Scientologist (especially since there is a chance of getting superpowers)

lil bitchiness
Haha! I concur. Superpowers sound excellent!

Alliance

Some British guy went there to interview them, etc and they are by far the weirdest bunch of idiots ever, and I can safely say, Scientology people are not quite as ridiculous as these people.

There must be some kind of inbreeding happened somewhere along the way, because I refuse to believe that bunch of people, can live in 21st century and behave like that. What the hell is wrong with those people?!

I saw the pickits they made. Aperantly theres a restraining order against them and funerals of the soldiers.

Dirty rotten fundamentalist religions! All of them.

They got coverage in England? Damn.

Darth Macabre

Dirty rotten fundamentalist religions! All of them. Was that british guy named Louie? Because I think I've seen what you're talking about.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alliance
They got coverage in England? Damn.

You gotta be kidding....

Those attention whores are more famous than I thought.

BackFire
Scientology is much better.

Westboro Church is just a bunch of mean spirited bullshit. Scientology is just normal bullshit.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by BackFire
Scientology is just normal bullshit.

Which of course is the better of two bullshits.

BackFire
Precisely.

Robtard
For those interested in learning the scary truths about the cult known as "Scientology" here is a website made by a former member of that church/cult:

www.xenu.net

"Xenu" being the intergalactic evil warlord who enslaved all humanity with his powers eons ago. As per L. Ron Hubbard.

Alliance
Originally posted by BackFire
Precisely.

Happy Dance

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alliance
Neither, but I'll take scientology. It's on purpose...I know it is.

Strangelove
Yeah, I agree with the consensus here; better normal bullshit like Scientology than batshit insane like the WBC

lil bitchiness
Oh my god. I just watched some sick ''video'' made by WBC called ''God hates the World and all people in it''

What the hell? They're singing about how everyone will suffer in hell.

Fishy
Oh my god. I just listened to some sick ''video'' made by WBC called ''God hates the World and all people in it''

What the hell? They're singing about how everyone will suffer in hell.

They sound like a happy bunch of people.

Anyway I agree with the rest, idiots are better then idiots hurting people.

Ytse
Originally posted by debbiejo
Baptists are all ****ed up. They're the seeds of fundamentalists. So for me I'd take Scientology. I believe they're waiting for a space ship. Sounds cool to me... alien

Debbiejo, say it aint so.

I don't like generalizations. WBC does not represent what most baptists are like at all. Even in doctrine unrelated to their crazy politics WBC is different. I'm not a baptist myself but I was raised in a baptist church. And they're pretty much just normal southern people.

WBC is evil. Scientolgy is evil. So, I won't vote, heh.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ytse

I don't like generalizations. WBC does not represent what most baptists are like at all. Even in doctrine unrelated to their crazy politics WBC is different. I'm not a baptist myself but I was raised in a baptist church. And they're pretty much just normal southern people.

WBC is evil. Scientolgy is evil. So, I won't vote, heh.

Why do you say that WBC and Scientolgy are evil? confused

Ytse
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why do you say that WBC and Scientolgy are evil? confused

Scientology: http://www.xenu.net/

WBC: Well, c'mon. Their church website is called "godhatesfags.com" Their primary concern is spreading this vitriol.

Shakyamunison
Scientology: http://www.xenu.net/

WBC: Well, c'mon. Their church website is called "godhatesfags.com" Their primary concern is spreading this vitriol.

The bible hates **** too. eek!

Please tell me with your own words. I don't want to go to some web site.

Ytse
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The bible hates **** too. eek!

Eh.....no.

They support lying to protect the CoS (church of scientology). They support character assassination. They demonize psychiatry and psychiatrists and their patients and anything to do with it. They charge exorbitant amounts of money to even be able to access their "sacred writings." They give preferential treatment to their celebrity followers, even going so far as to have "celebrity centers" across the globe.

Lots of stuff like that.

jaden101
i had to vote for westboro just because they are so comical...

YOU'RE GUNNA EAT'YER BABIES...hahaha

Shakyamunison
Eh.....no.

They support lying to protect the CoS (church of scientology). They support character assassination. They demonize psychiatry and psychiatrists and their patients and anything to do with it. They charge exorbitant amounts of money to even be able to access their "sacred writings." They give preferential treatment to their celebrity followers, even going so far as to have "celebrity centers" across the globe.

Lots of stuff like that.

No! What? You must have a different bible then I do.

-----

Thanks...

debbiejo

WBC is evil. Scientolgy is evil. So, I won't vote, heh. Well I've attended many Baptist churches and when they talk after the services it's all about hate disguised as prayers. Gods punishment to bring the world back to Him so He can return. "Let's pray for them" they say, as they pass the potatoes, "before god attacks us too for not trying hard enough to convert them, more gravy with that?" Hmm

JacopeX
Originally posted by Violent K
If you asked whom you like better, who would you choose? I'd choose Scientology. Neither. Plain and simple.

Ytse
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well I've attended many Baptist churches and when they talk after the services it's all about hate disguised as prayers. Gods punishment to bring the world back to Him so He can return. "Let's pray for them" they say, as they pass the potatoes, "before god attacks us too for not trying hard enough to convert them, more gravy with that?" Hmm

All I'm saying is that it doesn't justify judging tens of millions of people in one fell swoop. Westboro Baptist Church is just one congregation with their specific beliefs well outlined. It's not the same thing to call them "****ed up" as it is to call anyone who identifies as baptist "****ed up."

Boris
All hail the Dark Lord Xenu!!!!

debbiejo
All I'm saying is that it doesn't justify judging tens of millions of people in one fell swoop. Westboro Baptist Church is just one congregation with their specific beliefs well outlined. It's not the same thing to call them "****ed up" as it is to call anyone who identifies as baptist "****ed up." I suppose you're right, I've just found many hypocrites in that denomination. It's not one of my favorites.

grey fox
Scientoligists are just believers of a bullshit religions (so hey , whats new ?) . The Westboro is a shitty attempt at hiding their anti-homosexual agenda.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
The Westboro is a shitty attempt at hiding their anti-homosexual agenda.

confused

HIDING IT? They're obsessed with it. For gods sake these people hate America because we don't kill gay people.

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
confused

HIDING IT? They're obsessed with it. For gods sake these people hate America because we don't kill gay people.

I mean veiling it , they can't outrightly declare themselves a hate group due to laws so they hide behind a 'This is a religion' BS.

Darth Jello
something to think about. For all their bullshit, the WBC wasn't responsible for the biggest government infiltration in history and as far as we know, wasn't directly responsible for any kidnappings and murders.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Jello
something to think about. For all their bullshit, the WBC wasn't responsible for the biggest government infiltration in history and as far as we know, wasn't directly responsible for any kidnappings and murders.

And scientology is? What the hell did they do then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.