Darth Jacen vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Has the dark side helped Jacen achieve power enough to defeat one of the mightiest Sith Lords ever?

Darth Sexy
No, it might eventually but nothing suggests Jacen can defeat Kun as of now.

darthsith19
I heard that Jacen had trouble defeating Aurra Sing. Exar'd own Aurra. But I've also ehard that jacen is close to NJO Luke, so I'm uncertain as to how strong he is at all.

Darth Sexy
It's all weird, this whole close match for Luke, because Jacen has not displayed enough to put him with people like Kun, or Revan, or Sidious, or Luke. Certainly in terms of variety, his knowledge might even surpass Sidious, but that is irrelevant in combat.

Gideon
I'm hunting for my copy of Bloodlines in my messy room for the entire quote, but the omniscient narrator says: "Jacen was more powerful than any of them but Luke. And with each day, he grew close to Luke's own strength." Then it goes on to say that Jacen was sure that, once he mastered the Sith arts, he would surpass Luke indefinately.

Darth Sexy
Yea something like that was in bloodlines, i'm looking for my copy as well, but Jacen's own thoughts does not put him above anybody.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Yea something like that was in bloodlines, i'm looking for my copy as well, but Jacen's own thoughts does not put him above anybody.

The omniscient narrator said that Jacen was growing close to Luke's strength with each day, DS.

Darth Sexy
I don't remember that part Escape, I remember the "he's a close match for Luke" bit, and Jacen's opinion that he could surpass Luke, but not that quote. Not to mention I don't see how that's still enough to defeat Exar Kun.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I don't remember that part Escape, I remember the "he's a close match for Luke" bit, and Jacen's opinion that he could surpass Luke, but not that quote. Not to mention I don't see how that's still enough to defeat Exar Kun.

Once I find my copy, I'll give you the quote. If you don't want to take me at my word, I'm not insulted, so disregard it.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Gideon
Once I find my copy, I'll give you the quote. If you don't want to take me at my word, I'm not insulted, so disregard it.

No if you think he said it then that's fine i'm not calling bullshit, I thought you weren't sure of the exact quote as well.

Riverollv
This is actually a close fight, it could go either way. I lean towards Kun, though

Kadesh
Originally posted by Gideon
The omniscient narrator said that Jacen was growing close to Luke's strength with each day, DS. Really? There was a page in RODV from the omniscient narrator which also states vader would equal sidious one day, Not vaders thoughts, i think its on page 319 if im not wrong but sadly we dont see "that day".

And surpass luke? That idiot author is really going against GL, Stupid inconsistencies from LOTF right lord of the fcukers

Darth Sexy
No, the author never said Jacen would surpass Luke. It is Jacen himself who believes he will surpass Luke with the sith teachings. He's sadly mistaken.

kiddo44
Jacen takes this, he is close to Luke.

we will see.

Advent
Originally posted by Kadesh
Really? There was a page in RODV from the omniscient narrator which also states vader would equal sidious one day, Not vaders thoughts, i think its on page 319 if im not wrong but sadly we dont see "that day".

No, you're clearly wrong.

When looking at the actual source itself, the narration describes what Darth Vader himself envisions, not what is factual.

"Now that Vader had begun to tap deeply into the power of the dark side, his true apprenticeship could begin. The Jedi were incidental to him. He was covetous of the power Sidious wielded, and believed that one day they would be equals." (Rise of Darth Vader, ch. 50)

As you can see, the narrator is only voicing what Darth Vader surmises, hence 'believed'.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by kiddo44
Jacen takes this, he is close to Luke.

we will see.

That's not an argument. Jacen't cant beat Exar Kun just because he's supposedly "close to Luke". How do you plan on measuring or quantifying his closeness? In terms of raw force abilities and offensive weapons, he's not yet on par with Kun.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Riverollv
This is actually a close fight, it could go either way. I lean towards Kun, though

Jacen after a while

vader11
Maybe Kun takes this.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Advent

No, you're clearly wrong.

When looking at the actual source itself, the narration describes what Darth Vader himself envisions, not what is factual.

"Now that Vader had begun to tap deeply into the power of the dark side, his true apprenticeship could begin. The Jedi were incidental to him. He was covetous of the power Sidious wielded, and believed that one day they would be equals." (Rise of Darth Vader, ch. 50)

As you can see, the narrator is only voicing what Darth Vader surmises, hence 'believed'. I found the page and it was from the narrator, not vader i think .page 330

He was also married to sidious, who doled out precious bits of sith technique as if merely lending them just enough to increase his apprentice's power, without making him supremely powerful.
There would be a day however, when they would be equals

Big Gerald
"Darth Jacen"

godemperortrump
'Darth Jacen' loses

AncientPower
In fairness, they hadn't even given him the Caedus name until 2008, as far as I can remember.

carthage
Kun can't win without a nexus

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

AncientPower
Kun's best feats aren't even on a nexus. laughing out loud

Even the ones that are, take place before his power multiplies.

JKBart
Kun wins sabers
Caedus wins Force
All out prolly Caedus wins if they fight on dark side nexus

AncientPower
Caedus' Force feats utterly pale in comparison to Kun's. erm

UCanShootMyNova
#Salt

AncientPower
About the extent of your debating abilities.

UCanShootMyNova
#MoreSalt

Ursumeles
Exar in all but 'sabers.

UCanShootMyNova
Tbh. thumb up

MythLord
https://youtu.be/tbf_o5NF9vU?t=114

UCanShootMyNova
Queen.

MythLord
Queer*

UCanShootMyNova
:>

godemperortrump
Caedus would have a tough time defeating Ventress let alone Kun

BlueTiger1144
Caedus.

AncientPower
By what feats or accolades is Caedus winning this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.