Did the Confederacy Really Lose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Hay i was reading Wookieepedia about the Confederacy and here is the thought that poped into my mind DID THE CONFEDERACY REALLY LOSE?

Lets look at the facts shall we:

1 : Confederacy was founded by Emperor Palpatine and Count Dooku

2: Sidious Gains control of Senate during Clone Wars - Dooku Rampages through the galaxy with great loses on both sides

3: Sidious Destroys the Jedi and initiates the Galactic Empire - Dooku is Dead - Grevious is Destroyed - All droid forces shut down

Summary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Sidious made the Confederacy and Sidious Completed his goal in takeing over the Republic and killing the Jedi how could the Confederacy have lost?

oh yea and by the way THE CONFEDERACY DIDENT SUCK lol

The Confederacy lost like 4 or 5 more battles then the Republic

1 : Geonosis

2 : Utapah

3 : Courasant

4: Mygreeto

5 : Kasshyk

smile

Alliance
1. You can't spell.

2. You can't think.

The confederacy was "founded" by many more arganizations that Palpatine and Dooku. THey simply LED it.

Palpatine had control of the Senate 9 years before the Clone Wars

The CIS were destroyed nothing was left. How is that winning? Palpatine was much more part of the Republic than the Confederacy.

Which battles did the CIS win in the movies? Zero. Thats pretty one sided to me.

MasterAshenVor
blowup

queeq
What a stupid thread. The CIS was exit at the end of ROTS.

General G
CIS kick a$$. ermm

Alliance
ermm is right.

General G
So you agree.

Alliance
That the CIS does not kick ass, yes.

~JP~
Originally posted by queeq
What a stupid thread.

Then do us all a favor and use your modliness to close it. shifty

Captain REX
That would make sense, though...

The CIS lost all on-screen battles and many more in the EU...

queeq
Give me one reason why I shouldn't close this?

Alliance
Hell, JP said close it. JUST CLOSE IT!

Schecter
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Hay i was reading Wookieepedia about the Confederacy and here is the thought that poped into my mind DID THE CONFEDERACY REALLY LOSE?

Lets look at the facts shall we:

1 : Confederacy was founded by Emperor Palpatine and Count Dooku

2: Sidious Gains control of Senate during Clone Wars - Dooku Rampages through the galaxy with great loses on both sides

3: Sidious Destroys the Jedi and initiates the Galactic Empire - Dooku is Dead - Grevious is Destroyed - All droid forces shut down

Summary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Sidious made the Confederacy and Sidious Completed his goal in takeing over the Republic and killing the Jedi how could the Confederacy have lost?

oh yea and by the way THE CONFEDERACY DIDENT SUCK lol

The Confederacy lost like 4 or 5 more battles then the Republic

1 : Geonosis

2 : Utapah

3 : Courasant

4: Mygreeto

5 : Kasshyk

smile

the confederacy...trade federation was founded by the nemoidians. sidious built them into an imposing force, but he didnt create them. he simply adopted and manipulated them. in the end, they lost in every conceivable way (including being slaughtered)

the fact is that sidious created nothing. he twists and manipulates a group to do evil. in the case of the PT he manipulated both sides to do evil toward eachother.

sidios=1
republic=0
federation=0

thats how this works

queeq
I do think Sidious financed them, indirectly of course.

Schecter
I do think Sidious financed them, indirectly of course.

i never implied otherwise.

exanda kane
Shame that this idea was concieved so poorly in the post.

However, I feel there are some teasing questions below the surface here.

What were the CIS's goals?

Yes, I digress; they were instruments in Sidious' plan, but, they must have had their reasons for being led so easily. Taxation laws are a factor here, but why would they become so well equipped? What did the Techno Union, the Trade Federation want to achieve?

However, the answer as to whether they suceeded is obvious; no they did not.

MasterAshenVor
Sorry for makeing such a stupid post just that the thought was in my mind and i had to figure out if i was stupid for thinking it or if there was a debate in it so in big words to all SORRY......there we go....

But yea there is one nagging question What was the Seperatists Goal?

MasterAshenVor
They would have won more battles if they used the B2 SUPER BATTLE DROID other then the B1 BATTLE DROIDS as first seen in Episode 1 i think that was one of their fatal mistakes

*Note* They needed to install some sort of Logic chip in those droids so they wouldent run around the battlefield like mindless chickens

And FYI i type too fast lol im honeing my skills and i make typos sorry

Alliance
I wish we knew what the seperatist goals were. Not really much info here.

They want to destroy the Republic and replace it with....what?

And they were going to "demand" things.

General G
Originally posted by Alliance
That the CIS does not kick ass, yes.

No, the CIS kicks ass. wink

They would have won more battles if they used the B2 SUPER BATTLE DROID other then the B1 BATTLE DROIDS as first seen in Episode 1 i think that was one of their fatal mistakes

*Note* They needed to install some sort of Logic chip in those droids so they wouldent run around the battlefield like mindless chickens

And FYI i type too fast lol im honeing my skills and i make typos sorry

I agree, but the B1 were less expensive and were more mass produced.

MasterAshenVor
But Imagine 20000000000 some Super Battle Droids under the Command of Grevious can u spell O-W-N-E-D

Schecter
Sorry for makeing such a stupid post just that the thought was in my mind and i had to figure out if i was stupid for thinking it or if there was a debate in it so in big words to all SORRY......there we go....

But yea there is one nagging question What was the Seperatists Goal?

i think their goal was simply to monopolise trading routes...which is silly considering its space....and completely boring since its meant for kids

Captain REX
I don't think it really matters what their footsoldiers were like. The clonetroopers were inherently better trained and more imaginative in their destruction of the stupid droids...

The CIS either wanted to destroy the Republic and replace it with themselves, or they wanted to convince the Republic (forcefully) to allow them to secede without hinderance from the Republic (like the CSA of the American Civil War).

Either way, they wanted more money.

Schecter
Originally posted by Captain REX

Either way, they wanted more money.

thats it in a nutshell. which came off in ep1 and 2 as intensely boring

Alliance
But Imagine 20000000000 some Super Battle Droids under the Command of Grevious can u spell O-W-N-E-D

Yes I can, and yes, Grievous and the droids were OWNED.

General G

That would be pretty intense, the clones wouldn't stand a chance!

Alliance
What the f**k?

Are you crosswired?

General G
Nope, I was made perfectly. Killed a lot of you guys too.

Alliance
Untill you burned like a Soviet firecracker.

General G
I'm still going aren't I?

Alliance
Yeah, like I'm a clone.

General G
Like I'm a droid.

Tangible God
But Imagine 20000000000 some Super Battle Droids under the Command of Grevious can u spell O-W-N-E-D No, but I can spell "electromagnetic bombardment from orbit."

queeq
Quite an achievement.

Count Makashi
The CIS lost, face it son. They would have lost anyway, even if it wasn't staged by Sidious, they had very little good commanders, people who knew how to run the war and that aren't the Nemoidans and other Separatist leaders, only GG and he cant be on all the battlefields, at once, while the Republic had countless good commanders(Jedi and ordinary military people).

queeq
They were meant to lose anyway.

exanda kane
Especially with Dooku giving the Republic the information they needed to win the war anyway, i.e. battle over Kamino among others.

queeq
Sidious created the CIS to be destroyed and have an excuse for his Clone Army. they were never meant to last.

General G
Yeah, but I still think they are better.

exanda kane
Fair enough.

But I'd use the term better carefully.

Unlike the Clones, which I found midly interesting and mysterious, the droids just did not take my imagination that much. I think it's mainly because of how lifeless they are; they don't display the variety of emotion that other droids have in the saga (3PO, R2) so I, as a member of the audience, never really thought much of them. They were like the Star Wars replicant of a James Bond Villains orange shellsuit clad henchman, yet even more lifeless.

Clones, although not given much opportunity in the films other than two dimensional cannon fodder, do have a face behind the mask, albeit the same, and a working mind. The fact that they are the "offspring" of one the flashiest Bounty Hunters in the galaxy is also an intriguing thought.

General G
The droids couldn't have the same emotion that people got out of R2 and 3PO, we didn't any views from their perspectives and all we were able to see was them getting shot, not to mention that if they were to be given a lot of character and what not, it would have been even more expensive for the CIS that they just couldn't afford, unlike the Republic who had all the money in the galaxy (exaggeration) to spend on well performing soldiers.

Alliance
Except no one cares about the droids.

queeq
An army of 3PO's... now that would be a scary army.

Alliance
Still just need to use an EMP.

queeq
True...

General G
Except no one cares about the droids.

Except that people do.

Still just need to use an EMP.

Expensive.

exanda kane
Originally posted by General G
The droids couldn't have the same emotion that people got out of R2 and 3PO, we didn't any views from their perspectives and all we were able to see was them getting shot, not to mention that if they were to be given a lot of character and what not, it would have been even more expensive for the CIS that they just couldn't afford, unlike the Republic who had all the money in the galaxy (exaggeration) to spend on well performing soldiers.

Exactly!

So they do not have the mystery or importance of the clones, nor the legacy to fulfill.

General G
What is the mystery of the clones? And they have importance, they are challenging the Republic and putting up a good fight.

Tangible God
Except that people do.

Expensive. So are an army of clones.

Alliance
Expensive.

Cost Effective

queeq
I bet an army of droids is more expensive than one EMP.

Count Makashi
Not those badly build droids of the CIS, they wore horrible in battle.

queeq
That says nothing about how much they cost.

MasterAshenVor
LOL this sucky thread caused a debate i love it =D

Schecter
every thread here will eventually spark a debate, regardless of how pointless the tread and/or the debate.

General G
Cost Effective

It may not be worth it though.

I bet an army of droids is more expensive than one EMP.

Depends on size.

Council#13
Originally posted by Schecter
every thread here will eventually spark a debate, regardless of how pointless the tread and/or the debate.

'Cause we have really belligerent people here, yeah?

Tangible God
'Cause we're all running out of intelligent things to argue about.

General G
Everything has been done.

Council#13
Close all the old threads and remake them! firefirefireph

Oh, and the last time I saw ROTS, the Confederacy looked like it lost. And by 'lost' I mean 'owned by Vader. Badly.'

Captain REX
One EMP has got to be less expensive than all the equipment and armor that the Republic had to purchase for their Army to use, you know. That, and it would just wipe out everything. Seen The Matrix, I trust? One EMP blast and you've got an army of battle droids down for the count...

General G
Yeah, but I am sure the CIS wouldn't put their whole army in one area.

Gideon
Yes, but there is always... GEMP! Galactic Electro-magnetic Pulse!

Alliance
Yeah...lets see you power that....

ECDs work fine for me.

General G
ECD?

Schecter
closing...

General G
Why? It is still being discussed...

Schecter
the topic is factually invalid.

Alliance
ECD?

Whenever I bring up some wierd weapon, just Wookiepedia it, because its probably there.

"Electrostatic Charge Detonator, was an anti-droid weapon often used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars against their battle droid opponents.

Like any grenade, they are activated and thrown into the vicinity of nearby droids. In a simillar fasion to the EMP Launcher, the detonation results in a shell of disruptive electrical energy that damages and disables electronic systems. "

General G
I will do that from now on. stick out tongue

That sounds familiar, I think I remember them using it in Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, but didn't they say that they only started making it near the end of the war?

Alliance
I dunno. I used em at the beginning.

queeq
Sounds like EU to me.

Alliance
Your mom sounds like EU.

meant in the nicest way possible, please please please dont ban me firefirefireph

General G
I dunno. I used em at the beginning.

Really? Hmm...

queeq
Your mom sounds like EU.

meant in the nicest way possible, please please please dont ban me firefirefireph

Whiner... wink

General G
I didn't think clones begged.

Alliance
No. They didn't.

General G
please please please dont ban me firefirefireph

queeq
They did.

MasterAshenVor
GOD ECD's were use in the Clone Wars PLAY BATTLE FRONT 1 OR 2 o.o

Alliance
O.o

Nellis Munn
o.O

queeq
Still EU though.

Alliance
Concrete EU.

queeq
So no go here.

Alliance
Such a limitation would be a detrimentla limitation on an otherwise valid conversation. I see no problem with a logical extrapolation based on repeated efforts from Lucasfilm.

Can we not claim that Han was alive between Episodes V and IV because that was not shown in the movies? Its a logical assumption, despite technically being EU.

queeq
No, it's logical because he's alive in IV and in V.... ergo, he's alive between the two. You don't need EU sources to talk about that, the canon provides enough info for that particular (all be it senseless) subject.

And you can continue the debate, in the EU forum.

General G
Therefore, no ECD's were used. 313

Alliance
No, it's logical because he's alive in IV and in V.... ergo, he's alive between the two. You don't need EU sources to talk about that, the canon provides enough info for that particular (all be it senseless) subject.

And you can continue the debate, in the EU forum.

What if he died and was brought back to life?

Honestly, you can't say.

queeq
*sigh* No..... but since no reference was made to any such thing happening in the canon sources, there's no need to discuss it. He could have been chewing chewing gum, had a pedicure, shaved his favourite poodle and have become the greatest cocktail maker in the universe: it doesn't matter because tehre's nothing to substantiate that, nor does it have any bearing on the story.

Captain REX
Indeedy, EU has no place in a discussion here...

The Confederacy lost, it's not really a matter of how clonetroopers killed the droids, we just know that they did, and that's all we need to know for the movies...

queeq
Amen

General G
miffed

queeq
Hehehehe

Alliance
Rebel scum.

queeq
Where?

Alliance
In this very thread...no doubt plotting some subversive act of destruction.

Schecter
What if he died and was brought back to life?

Honestly, you can't say.

it shouldnt have gone this far.
i just lost all respect for you schmoll

queeq
You had any then?

Schecter
well..........you see................................*leaves*

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
lol

queeq
Time for this thread to leave. CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.