PoD Darth Bane versus RotS Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Apollo Cloud
Lightsaber Battle, neutral setting.

Darth Sexy
Oh lord. Anakin Skywalker wins this.

jollyjim311
Anakin hammers right through him.

Riverollv
Anakin kills him

vader11
Anakin.

Kadesh
anakin butt rapes him

Janus X
Anakin.

P.S: Oh, I'm waiting for Nooberis reaction.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, silly me, here was I thinking I'd get some good arguments out of you guys. Oh well.

overlord
Luckily you don't even have an opinion apparently. Which provides the other members with insta win.

Count Makashi
Anakin takes this, his skill is just to much for Bane to handle.

darthsith19
Well. Anakin *might* win, but it will be far from easy. Remember that bane nearly bested Kas'im, and Kas'im is one of the greatest saber wielders ever.

jollyjim311
Bane also had the benefit of knowing exactly how Kas'im fights. Once Kas'im threw in a new style, Bane was screwed.

Anakin has more experience and skill, and has more raw power in the force.

Apollo Cloud
Speed: Speedwise, throughout PoD, Bane's constantly described as being uber to the max, whether he's moving in blurs, or performing long and complex manoeuvres in the blink of an eye, or pulling off ten attacks in a heartbeat. The most notable display he gave was against Sirak, when he moved at such a great speed that his movements were too fast for the eyes of trained force users to see or react to, even by powerful trained force users, such as Kas'im, who was noted for having great reflexes. The funny thing is, that display of speed was at the end of an extremely long and tiring duel (so Bane would have likely been highly fatigued), and was at a point in time where Bane was lightyears away from how powerful he becomes by the end of the novel. I don't recall Anakin ever moving at comparable speeds, and if we go by the movies (which is what we canon loving people like to do), his speed doesn't even come close.

Strength: Bane was a physical beast; 6'4" in height, described as 'a mountain of muscle.' He had spent his entire life prior to joining the sith on the mines, working near constantly, was physically the most impressive of all the miners, some who had been working there their entire life. The BoD trained him to use the force to enhance his strength, and given his incredible strength in the force, it's likely he could amp up his strength to an insane degree, like he can do with his speed. Yoda for instance could amp up his strength to such a degree that he could carry a box (with a turret gun inside) the size of a small house on his back, so it would make sense that Bane, who has displayed greater use of the force than Yoda, would be able to amp up his speed to an even greater degree, especially when considering his much greater natural strength. Without his robotic arm, Anakin doesn't even come close, and even with it, I doubt his strength is comparable.

Force strength and mastery: Anakin's only notable force feats are achieved during uncontrolled rages, and none of the stuff he does that compares to what Bane does anyway, such as collapsing an entire temple, or controlling and directing enough power to destroy an entire world. The advantage here clearly goes to Bane, so it can be safely assumed that his force sense and reflexes are quite a bit above Anakin's too.

Technique: Bane knows every move and sequence that there is to the saberstaff perfectly, so he can basically wield the weapon to the same degree as someone who has mastered all 7 forms to the highest degree. Anakin, to my knowledge, only ever mastered one form, so the advantage would go to Bane here as well.

How does Anakin honestly compare? I'm sure even Advent would agree that Bane has this.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud

How does Anakin honestly compare? I'm sure even Advent would agree that Bane has this.

Some people say Cin Drallig moved at invisbile speed too, but we all know how easily Anakin dealt with him.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, and those people would be wrong. But anyways, don't just focus on the speed, Darth Bane excels in pretty much every area associated with saber combat. Not many people are as complete a fighter as he is.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Anakin should be able to win, but Bane may be a little too powerful for him.

ESB -1138
Anakin takes this.

xxXAcStylesXxx
I've shitted on this argument so many times...look in the Darth Vader vs Bane topic.

Darth_Glentract
Anakin isn't going to be taking Bane easily if he manages to do it at all.

Darth Sexy
Easily no, but he will defeat him in saber combat

Darth_Glentract
I don't get why you say that. Anakin wasn't all that amazing in saber combat in the grand scheme of things.

Darth Sexy
Lol, tell Advent that. Anakin (I wtfpwned one of the greatest jedi ever in less than 30 seconds) Skywalker is superior to Bane in saber combat.

overlord
If anakin wasn't that amazing with the sword, then all those jedi masters were even worse with the sword as Luke was in A New Hope.

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
I've shitted on this argument so many times...look in the Darth Vader vs Bane topic.

This argument is a new argument, so how the hell could you have ever shitted on it? Anyways feel free to make an argument for Anakin, you can go about it by comparing their attributes, or by comparing their different wins, and I can guarantee that either way, you'll lose.

Darth Sexy
This argument is a new argument, so how the hell could you have ever shitted on it? Anyways feel free to make an argument for Anakin, you can go about it by comparing their attributes, or by comparing their different wins, and I can guarantee that either way, you'll lose.

Noobaris, I've stated this before as have others, but you have to win an argument first, in order to claim someone will lose against your superior(sarcasm)debating skills. With the force, Bane owns Anakin. Yet with the saber, there's no evidence that Bane is even on par with Anakin. Please include your feat wars essay now.

Apollo Cloud
Darth Sex Therapy, what you call a 'feat wars essay', I call backing up my argument, something which you seem incapable of doing.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Bane also had the benefit of knowing exactly how Kas'im fights. Once Kas'im threw in a new style, Bane was screwed.

Anakin has more experience and skill, and has more raw power in the force.
Actually, Kas'im knew Bane's form just as well as Bane knew Kas'im's, so your point is moot. This will be a close fight. I do think that bane would win unless it was Anakin in "teh zone".

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
Actually, Kas'im knew Bane's form just as well as Bane knew Kas'im's, so your point is moot. This will be a close fight. I do think that bane would win unless it was Anakin in "teh zone".

So naturally neither one could gain an advantage with forms alone...

Apollo Cloud
Actually no, Kas'im had always still been holding stuff back from Bane, so the advantage was clearly in his favour.

Darth Sexy
Darth Sex Therapy, what you call a 'feat wars essay', I call backing up my argument, something which you seem incapable of doing.

Is this why you have never won an argument here, have never been even called a competent debater, and have no credibility? Gosh Noobaris, stock up on those antidepressants.. You can't back up shit, you never have, and you never will.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Is this why you have never won an argument here, have never been even called a competent debater, and have no credibility? Gosh Noobaris, stock up on those antidepressants.. You can't back up shit, you never have, and you never will.
Um, actually, what he said was completely, 100% true. Don't know why your bashing him, just cause you don't like him doesn't eman that what he said wasn't true, because it was.

Darth Sexy
Do you even KNOW what I responded to?

Nikkolas
Supposed Sith'ari vs. The Chosen One, eh?

Anakin takes it in a lightsaber duel. He beat Dooku, a man with far more quantified skill with a saber than Bane.

Count Makashi
Bane only has a small chance because of his armor, without it, Anakin would destroy him, that only thing left of Bane would be dust.

Apollo Cloud
Speed: Speedwise, throughout PoD, Bane's constantly described as being uber to the max, whether he's moving in blurs, or performing long and complex manoeuvres in the blink of an eye, or pulling off ten attacks in a heartbeat. The most notable display he gave was against Sirak, when he moved at such a great speed that his movements were too fast for the eyes of trained force users to see or react to, even by powerful trained force users, such as Kas'im, who was noted for having great reflexes. The funny thing is, that display of speed was at the end of an extremely long and tiring duel (so Bane would have likely been highly fatigued), and was at a point in time where Bane was lightyears away from how powerful he becomes by the end of the novel. I don't recall Anakin ever moving at comparable speeds, and if we go by the movies (which is what we canon loving people like to do), his speed doesn't even come close.

Strength: Bane was a physical beast; 6'4" in height, described as 'a mountain of muscle.' He had spent his entire life prior to joining the sith on the mines, working near constantly, was physically the most impressive of all the miners, some who had been working there their entire life. The BoD trained him to use the force to enhance his strength, and given his incredible strength in the force, it's likely he could amp up his strength to an insane degree, like he can do with his speed. Yoda for instance could amp up his strength to such a degree that he could carry a box (with a turret gun inside) the size of a small house on his back, so it would make sense that Bane, who has displayed greater use of the force than Yoda, would be able to amp up his speed to an even greater degree, especially when considering his much greater natural strength. Without his robotic arm, Anakin doesn't even come close, and even with it, I doubt his strength is comparable.

Force strength and mastery: Anakin's only notable force feats are achieved during uncontrolled rages, and none of the stuff he does that compares to what Bane does anyway, such as collapsing an entire temple, or controlling and directing enough power to destroy an entire world. The advantage here clearly goes to Bane, so it can be safely assumed that his force sense and reflexes are quite a bit above Anakin's too.

Technique: Bane knows every move and sequence that there is to the saberstaff perfectly, so he can basically wield the weapon to the same degree as someone who has mastered all 7 forms to the highest degree. Anakin, to my knowledge, only ever mastered one form, so the advantage would go to Bane here as well.

OK I can understand why people might think Anakin takes this, but honestly, I just don't see why, especially when comparing them attribute by attribute, Bane wins in every area. How can Anakin honestly take someone who's stronger, faster, technically better and who possesses a greater force mastery. Now if you disagree with any of what I posted above, that's fine, but taking that into account, there's no way Anakin can possibly take this.

Darth Sexy
Bane has nothing on Anakin in saber combat, Nothing. Force mastery goes to Bane, but Anakin would slice Bane up in saber combat.

Apollo Cloud
Again, you're not backing up what you're saying. Speedwise, Anakin has never displayed anything close to what Bane has. Strength is debatable, given Anakin's robotic arm hand (and I'm only saying 'debatable' to be fair to the Anakin side, realistically Bane would be much stronger with his superior force strength and mastery). Force strength + mastery, as you yourself said, goes to Bane. So what's left? Technique, which goes to Bane too, given he knows every move and sequence to the saberstaff perfectly, and thus could wield it to the same effect as a master of all 7 forms, whereas Anakin was only truly good with one form to my knowledge. Anakin's simply outclassed here.

ESB -1138
OK I can understand why people might think Anakin takes this, but honestly, I just don't see why, especially when comparing them attribute by attribute, Bane wins in every area. How can Anakin honestly take someone who's stronger, faster, technically better and who possesses a greater force mastery. Now if you disagree with any of what I posted above, that's fine, but taking that into account, there's no way Anakin can possibly take this.

Cin was described as being as fast as lighting and yet Anakin pwned him while taking on two other Jedi.

Darth Sexy
Again, Bane in the force, Anakin with the saber, sorry Noobaris.

xxXAcStylesXxx
*Sigh*

Anther Bane thread, haven't we been through this a bunch of times no Nebby?

Constantly is far from the correct word you should use, once is more appropriate. Because once is the only time he moves as a blur and he charged up DS energy.

"He waited till the last possible second before unleashing the energy bottled up inside him in a tremendous rush of power. He channeled it through his muscles and limbs, moving so fast it seemed as if time had stopped to the rest of the world....The fury and focus that had turned him into a conduit of the dark side's unstoppable power was gone, replaced by hyperconcious awareness of his physical surroundings." - PoD pg 171

"When the Zabraks desperation turned to hopelessness, every impulse in Bane screamed with the desire to take the initiative and end the fight. Instead he let the tantalizing closeness of Siraks defeat feed his appetite for vengeance. The hunger grew with each passing second until it became physical pain tearing away at his insides: The dark side filled him and he felt it on the verge of ripping him apart, splitting his skin and gushing out like a fountain of black blood"

I'd assume your speaking of the same scene with Sirak, and the above applies.

Aside from the fact that that is obvious hyperbole as it can't be established: who's heartbeat, what type of heart beat for example an heartbeat at rest beats much slower then one in motion.

Not quite Nebs, you see Bane was toying with him, bumbling around too piss him off, and he was getting anxious to finish him off. That doesn't sound like someone who was tired. Maybe you read it wrong but it was Sirak who was horribly fatigued:

"In the end his Patience was rewarded. Sirak became more and more frustrated as he continually tried and failed to bring his bumbling, stumbling opponent down. As the prolonged physical exertion took its toll, his swings became wild and reckless, until he abandoned all pretense of defense in an effort to end the duel he sensed was slipping away from him."

Durge calls him the fastest Jedi he's ever seen, and he's been around since the New Sith Wars fighting Jedi and Sith, In his duel with Obi Wan (his emotionally conflicted state) the two at one point manage about 25 passes at each other in 7 seconds, If you wanna use slightly hyperbole quotes then there's always this:

"This is Anakin Skywalker:
The most powerful Jedi of this generation, perhaps of any generation. The fastest . The strongest."

Other then that on the Nelvaan planet in the factory, Anakin zips around that place using force speed, relatively easily.

Speed is a non issue.

Even his display in the movies is quite fast, and considering Bane only managed to move as a blur once, with no indication he can do it to foes on and above his level (see his duel with Kas'im) its silly to think he could tool Anakin around like he did to Sirak. And you didn't specify that we could only use the movie as a source (a cheap handicap for Bane) so I'm going to include EU sources.

No. When Bane can stop avalanches, move around and collapse multiple droid carriers, then proceed to fight, move as a blur whenever he chooses, blow away a room full of people with a force push, stuff force lighting, then he'll be greater then Yoda, and no completely draining yourself and dumping all your force energy into a wave is nothing compared to Yoda, If you choose to mimic what Bane did and deplete all his force energy in one attack the affect would obliterate Bane.

And Anakin was a ripped 6'0.

Considering Anakin can access the force too to augment his physical strength, you have a moot point, unless your seriously going to tell me Bane has a stronger connection to the force then Anakin. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Other then that Anakin was able to muster enough physical power that Dooku could barley hold onto his saber, he couldn't even meet Anakin head on in lightsaber combat:

"Skywalker came on...impossible powerful, a destroyer droid with a lightsaber...He no longer tried ot block Skywalkers strikes only to guide them away...He could not meet Skywalker strength for strength not only did the boy have tremendous reserves of Force energy , but his sheer physical power was astonishing ..." ROTS pg 71

And this is BEFORE Anakin got truly serious.

Not only that but when he had Obi Wan in a submission he was starting to literally snap his bones:

"His hands seized Obi Wan's wrists with impossible strength , forcing his arms wide...Dark power bore down on his grip, Obi Wan felt the bones of his forearms bending, beginning to feather toward greenstick fractures that would come before the final breaks." ROTS 398

He delivered a kick to Dooku that would have killed him had he not softened fall with the force. And even with his mech. hand he can rip clear through Destroyer Droids.

Even as a Padawan he grabbed Ventress's wrist in mid swing and broke them with a flick. Oh and lets also mention how he manhandled Cin Darllig, with one hand while holding anther Jedi up with his other hand. Due to Anakins force power he can simply augment his strength to match and surpass Banes.

Since Anakin's "force attacks" are specialized in augmenting his own physical attributes most of the time and he doesn't even bother with pushes or telekinetic combat (save chokes), in favor of straight lightsaber combat, its dumb to compare "Bane shot a force wave." to Anakin's augmentations. But other then that, he did topple the Jedi Statue on Coruscant with ease, he tossed and giant pillar into Sera Keto with the flick of the hand, He's torn apart rooms by simply getting angry.

We've also been though this too Nebs, Bane completely depleted himself with one attack that was blocked by Kas'im relatively easily, now if he can block it there's no doubt in my mind Anakin who's taken force charged boot from Dooku that sent him flying ten feet and gotten right back up, who has through his sheer will and hatred survived being lit of fire, having his skin melted off, having his legs and his arms cut off, and who's taken electricity volts from a giant techno union laboratory that were so strong they blew off his mech. hand. Could EASILY block the attack.

So wait, being a conduit for 24 other Sith Lords now makes him powerful? No, if thats the case then Kaan is a force god for being to overwhelm Banes control and subvert his own. /sarcasm/

Nope, as previously stated. Anakins reflexes and "force sense" are far beyond Banes, The evidence is above, he was so damn goof he was described as a "Battle Machine" and a "Destroyer droid with a lightsaber."

Ah no. He knew everything Kas'im choose to show him, which their is:

A. No proof he showed him every form

B. There is proof he was holding back (he states this)

C. Jar Kari which Bane pissed his pants upon seeing ring a bell

D. Simply because you can defend against a set a moves doesn't mean you can perform them. Thats some faulty logic, cause if it were true Anakin would be one of the greatest Soresu masters ever and Obi Wan would be a Djem So god, but neither is the case.

"His style burrowed elements from all techniques of combat, even from the highest, most dangerous levels and his moves were crisp and unpredictable." ROVD pg 263

Anakin knows all techniques of combat, and other then being possibly the greatest Djem So master ever (sorry Bane) he was also very adept in Shien and Ataru.

How does Bane? Anakin is a combat specialist, whos force control, speed and power are pretty almost much second to none. And other then his complete obliteration in 8 SECONDS of one the greatest Jedi in the orders 25k year history and as stated "an even greater Sith.", he's manhandled Jedi Masters, no Jedi BLADEMasters with one hand. Bane can't compete in a straight duel, doubled for the fact if Anakin reaches his "zone" where because of his command over the force decision literally becomes reality. Anakin could probably beat almost anyone in the entire Star Wars history in a straight duel.

Gideon
I'd like to reiterate some of those points, capitalize on them so that the message is well-sent and drives home. Given that Count Dooku sparred with several dark side acolytes and Dark Jedi - as well as General Grievous, who he was "sometimes" hard-pressed to outduel (as well as Mace Windu) - his thoughts in regards to Anakin's physical prowess would weigh in a great deal.

ACstyles is also correct in another fashion: Anakin's connection to the Force is much greater than Bane's, so assuming that it came down to augmenting one's strength through the Force, it would be quite dumb to believe that Anakin couldn't match or surpass Bane's strength.

The omniscient narrator calls him "the fastest", too. Durge - who is ancient - also calls him "the fastest". Really, it's a no-brainer. Anakin is simply faster than Bane.

carthage
This is a tough one...hmm..

ILS
Lol

The Merchant
Bane gets DESTROYED

Nephthys
Please don't feed the troll, Stigma.

carthage
Tell that to the person that made this topic ages ago erm

EmperorSidious2
Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.