Is TMNT (The cartoon version) classified as an anime?,and do you like the show?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DOYLEZOMBIE
Is it anime, and do you like this show?

DOYLEZOMBIE
I don't know whether it's an anime I was wondering if anyone else knows if it is?

I think the show is cool but I think I like the original one better.

boobsmagee
i dont believe it to be anime from what i know of it, but check it out, on the internet, who the animator for it was, from what i understand anime is no longer classified, as japenese animation+storyline, as long as the animation was done by somone japenese this is the place to talk about it lol

DOYLEZOMBIE
Thanks, I'll look on the internet. smile

Gregory
Anime is a japanese cartoon*. TMNT is an American cartoon, and not anime. And yeh, I like it.

*Calling anime "cartoons" drives a certain type of people into a frothing rage. It is, however, the truth.

RKX
It is not classified as an anime and no I never got into it

chithappens
The newest incarnation on Fox Kids would be a worthy cartoon though. It is actually worth watching.

ADarksideJedi
I would not say no.It is more of a cartoon from the early Ninties then anything.jm

Emperor Ashtar
The word Anime refers to what japanese call animation. TMNT is an animated picture, So, therefore you could call it an Anime from a Japanese perspective.

Gregory
How many of us are Japanese? Using "anime" to refer to Japanese animation is a useful shorthand for "Japanese cartoons," and it's fairly standard, at least in America.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.