How late should extra-curricular activities last?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naz
It's currently 11:47pm. I got home at 11:12pm. Where was I all day? I was at play practice. I was at play practice from 4:30 until 11:00pm. School ended at 3:30, and I took an hour to eat an early supper because I didn't get a dinner break at practice. I'm currently eating my second supper and trying to finish up some homework for tomorrow.

So, is it right for a school associated activity to keep their students up this late and then expect them to finish homework?

How late should extracurricular activies run?

Barker
Depends.

Practice shouldn't go for more than an hour or two.

But if it's a game/actual performance..

For example, Track prcatice goes from 3:15 to about 4:30 for me.

Meets range from 3 to 7ish.

srug

Punkyhermy
wow nazzy. that is INSANE!
What the f**k?

Naz
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
wow nazzy. that is INSANE!
What the f**k?

I know! shock it's just crazy!

Dreamt
Originally posted by Barker
Depends.

srug

Lana
Meh. When I was in high school that was par for the course for play practices, especially if it was getting into tech week.

Kram3r
Depends.

srug

Lol, track. 131wank

silver_tears
I once had a school thing last until 3 am and then had to be back for school at 8:30 for first period. shrug

Barker
Originally posted by Lana
Meh. When I was in high school that was par for the course for play practices, especially if it was getting into tech week.
You were on the golf team?
Originally posted by Kram3r
Lol, track. 131wank
Ditched today, *****. 13
Originally posted by silver_tears
I once had a school thing last until 3 am and then had to be back for school at 8:30 for first period. shrug
Well not everyone goes to Barker's Sex Academy. 13

Thorinn
I didn't have extracurricular activities, because i was a stoner. weep

Lana
You were on the golf team?

Haha, smartass, no.

One of my friends was though ermm

Barker
Originally posted by Lana
Haha, smartass, no.

One of my friends was though ermm

Haha. Golf team.

Waste of $70 participation fee. ermm

Kram3r
Ditched today, *****. 13

Roflzorz. Do it again, I double dare you. 131

Originally posted by Thorinn

Right on! I don't do them because I don't give a f*ck about my school. 131wank

Seriously though, I've never heard of extracurricular activities go on for as long as you guys have mentioned. I use to do one that last until 6PM but that was only once a week. NEVER have I heard of them going on until 11PM or even more surprising 3AM. Maybe that's why you guys have higher education levels than Aussies. 13

silver_tears
No maybe about it. 313

Thorinn
Oi!

Kram3r
Originally posted by silver_tears
No maybe about it. 313

buT i is martz. My legal studies teacher is from Manitoba and I still get crappy results. 131wank

Oi!

You yellin' at me yank? sly

Thorinn
buT i is martz. My legal studies teacher is from Manitoba and I still get crappy results. 131wank

You yellin' at me yank? sly Yanks are from the north.

I'm from the south. jockey

Strangelove
I've had play practice really late. I don't think there's a right time for it to end, it just ends when it ends.

=Tired Hiker=

Pot smoking is totally an extracurricular activity, yo! big grin

Kram3r
Yanks are from the north.

I'm from the south. jockey

Lol, sorry there, Confederate. jockey

=Tired Hiker=
Lol, sorry there, Confederate. jockey

What if you're from Cali? confused

Kram3r
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
What if you're from Cali? confused

I'm not planning that he is. ermm

=Tired Hiker=
I'm not planning that he is. ermm

No, I'm talking about me. I'm not from the North or South, I'm from the West, so what does an Aussie who calls Americans 'Yanks' and 'Confederates' call a guy from California? Christ already. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kram3r
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
No, I'm talking about me. I'm not from the North or South, I'm from the West, so what does an Aussie who calls Americans 'Yanks' and 'Confederates' call a guy from California? Christ already. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey, settle down, I was joking. erm

I'm usually the guy who corrects Australians when they refer to Americans in general as "Yanks" (which is more or less pretty uncommon in the first place). Also an Aussie doesn't really distinguish by calling them Yanks or Confederates. It's either Yank or if you have a southern accent they'd call you redneck or hillbilly. So as far as my Californian accent knowledge goes if someone was actually ignorant enough to call you a name it'd be Yank, I suppose. srug

Mišt

I didnt have any cause Im not a nerd 131wank

Extracurriculars are a waste of time.

Eccentric
No later than 6 PM because you still gotta get food, homework, sleep and all the other day to day things in.

But it also depends on what the activity is and what time it starts.

G U I T A R
I played football from 3:30 p.m to 7-8 p.m at night on scool nights 4 times a week, It effected my school work alot..

Eccentric
Our sports practices are 2-3 times a week for 1-2 hours(not including matches). Some of our top sport players are also top in academics, so it doesn't help you blame too little time, it is also about how well you manage your time.

G U I T A R
Kinda hard to manage my time when im at school from 7 a.m to 7p.m when I get home im pooped.

Eccentric
Yeah I understand that, but I'm sure there is times when you have time to do school work and that's when you gotta seize the moment, and even doing like 30 minutes of homework on a day that you do have sport, won't kill you. :P

G U I T A R
To be honest I never even got homework..I dont know if it was because I was MVP or my teachers were just lazy?

Lana
No one's making you play football. It's a choice you made and if it gives you less time to do your other things, well, that's no one's problem but your own. It's up to you to learn to manage your time.

G U I T A R
No thank you..sports is way more important than managing my time (which would be chill at home and play games)

Eccentric
Then you can't complain. :P

G U I T A R
Not really complaining, I wish practice was longer x_grin

ADarksideJedi
When I went to school and was in brownies it last till six or seven.I think it should not be too long for kids need to get homework done and should get alittle time by themself.
In highschool I was not involve in any activities at school so I would not know what time it end but my guess late.So to answear your question to get home at eleven at night is just plain wrong it does not have to be that long.jm

Eccentric
Rofl, you won't get out of school if your grades are bad. >.>

G U I T A R
Lol, I already got all my credits, and im on a motocross circuit now, only 17 and i'll be getting paid well over $100,000 a year. I graduate in a month....and the football thing I was meaning when practice was goin on sorry..Which wasnt all that long ago

bogen
Meh, i Used to train 4 times a week from 6 till 11 with karate.

G U I T A R
Ive done jiu jitsu

Eccentric
Originally posted by G U I T A R
Lol, I already got all my credits, and im on a motocross circuit now, only 17 and i'll be getting paid well over $100,000 a year. I graduate in a month....and the football thing I was meaning when practice was goin on sorry..Which wasnt all that long ago

Well congrats. smile

T.M
Originally posted by Naz
It's currently 11:47pm. I got home at 11:12pm. Where was I all day? I was at play practice. I was at play practice from 4:30 until 11:00pm. School ended at 3:30, and I took an hour to eat an early supper because I didn't get a dinner break at practice. I'm currently eating my second supper and trying to finish up some homework for tomorrow.

So, is it right for a school associated activity to keep their students up this late and then expect them to finish homework?

How late should extracurricular activies run?

Not that late for sure..

I think 6/7pm at the latest.

Thorinn
Lol, sorry there, Confederate. jockey I see what you did there. jockey

G U I T A R
Originally posted by Eccentric
Well congrats. smile

Thank you thank you.....No more school for meeee

Eccentric
I have about 6 months left of high school. :P

Barker
I see what you did there. jockey
Perv. jockey

Rodgort
Depends.

srug

ragesRemorse
they should last as long as it takes to keep dumbass kids off of the streets and out of my movie theaters

Eccentric
That's a bit harsh. :P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.